PDA

View Full Version : Little Lies

Isolated Fury
03-06-2012, 10:54 AM
Things everyone lies about doing/things everyone does that they know they shouldn't:

- Not waiting for your frozen pizza to cool the full 5-10 minutes
- Eating too much of the appetizer to finish the entree
- "Fluffing" the clothes in the drier to avoid taking them out and folding them
- Not reading EULAs
- Not responding to texts because your phone's been "on the fritz"
- Peeing in the shower
- Attending 3D screenings knowing you hate 3D
- Extending restroom visits by 10x the normal length to check emails, text, and play that one game
- Unnecessarily bending paperclips (literally just did that)
- Opting out of spending $.99 on an app and going with the free version while you wait in line for your $5.50 coffee

Feel free to add more.

BagOfShenanigans
03-06-2012, 11:11 AM
Not reading the Terms of service when installing something, or signing up for something.

bighead384
03-06-2012, 11:13 AM
*Posts something that everyone thinks/does. Sets up big city liberals to respond with the trusty "you wrongly assume everyone thinks the same way you do but doesn't have the balls to admit it" even though the particular claim IS true.

Sure, some people say un-PC things and pat themselves on the back for tellin' it like it is, when really they're just being closed-minded dicks. I have an acquaintance who I charge to be like this.

There's extremes on both sides, but big city liberals will always go to the "you assume we all think like you" everytime someone says something un-PC. It's an undefeatable strategy because it really makes the person saying the un-PC thing look like an ass unless the overwhelming majority of people agree.

Defender
03-06-2012, 11:35 AM
Downloading movies,music albums,e-books etc is illegal, even though millions(including me) are doing it. It's a sweet "sin",actually!

Isolated Fury
03-06-2012, 12:02 PM
This message is hidden because bighead384 is on your ignore list.

bighead384
03-06-2012, 12:05 PM
This message is hidden because bighead384 is on your ignore list.

This fits well into this thread...

Isolated Fury
03-06-2012, 12:13 PM
This fits well into this thread...
And posting in a thread where everyone - big and small, young and old, conservative and liberal, intelligent and fucking stupid ass retarded - can get along and agree on miniscule little details about everyday life in a "lol i guess i do that 2" fashion to rant about your anti-big city liberal agenda really fits in well, too.

bighead384
03-06-2012, 01:01 PM
And posting in a thread where everyone - big and small, young and old, conservative and liberal, intelligent and fucking stupid ass retarded - can get along and agree on miniscule little details about everyday life in a "lol i guess i do that 2" fashion to rant about your anti-big city liberal agenda really fits in well, too.
Alright, I'll let you have the last word.

Little_Miss_1565
03-06-2012, 01:05 PM
Bighead, don't you post threads like this all the freaking time?

bighead384
03-06-2012, 02:22 PM
Bighead, don't you post threads like this all the freaking time? Nevermind that. Back on topic. +5 pts for me for being the bigger person, lol. I'm just kidding about that.

- Peeing in the shower

I just treat texts like email in general.

I'd add to the list: pretending you didn't get someone's text on weekend nights to wait and see if something better pops up.

I pee in the shower, and I have no clue why. I could easily just pee while I'm waiting for the shower water to warm up. PS: I remember the huge thread about this topic lol.

Oh yeah, and you know what I else? I frequently sit down to piss out of laziness. Especially when I'm fucking around on my phone. And then usually I'll blow my nose and get up. lol @ guys sitting down to pee. Yea, no clue how common this is though.

Llamas
03-06-2012, 02:38 PM
I don't get why someone would lie about that? I sure as hell don't wait for my pizza to cool before I eat it, but I've never lied about it.

This one I just plain don't get. I don't have a drier... I DO do this with my laundry when it's in the washer, because I don't feel like taking it out and hanging it on the drying rack. Fluffing it and leaving the door open in this case stops it from getting smelly again in the time it takes for me to finally hang it. But I honestly don't understand why fluffing dry clothes would help you put off taking them out and folding them?

For real. Well, more often, "I forgot it at home today" is my excuse. I'm not a big phone person at all and just plain hate talking over the phone or writing SMSs, so I rarely respond unless it's urgent or I know what the matter is regarding and know that I care. Since I'm rarely on the phone, people tend to believe me that I forgot it at home.

I don't do any of the rest of them.

Otherwise, my personal additions:

-Being in denial that I'm kind of a smoker now. I don't smoke that much, but I don't think I can keep calling myself a "social smoker" anymore. But I'll belligerently cling to that title until it's ripped from me.

-(I think this one is pretty common, not just for me - connected with the phone thing) "What? You didn't get my email? Huh, I definitely sent it... something must have gone wrong in the transfer..." *totally forgot to send email*

-Telling people the reason I'm having fast food is because I didn't have time to go grocery shopping, when in reality I could've woken up an hour earlier and had plenty of time.

killer_queen
03-06-2012, 02:46 PM
I don't respond to texts if I don't feel like it and I'm very honest about it. If you have something you want to tell me just make a call and don't expect me to text you back immediately just because you didn't feel like talking to me.

I usually lie about the time I went to bed. See, I love sleeping and no matter how much I sleep I always wake up in a terrible mood. So when I'm late or cranky for not sleeping enough I have my list of reasons why I couldn't sleep the night before. Sometimes it's a migraine attack, sometimes a horror movie I watched.

And the migraine thing is real so 3D movies are already out of my life.

Isolated Fury
03-06-2012, 03:00 PM
I don't get why someone would lie about that? I sure as hell don't wait for my pizza to cool before I eat it, but I've never lied about it.

... things everyone does that they know they shouldn't:
I had to add the second half because it's not really a lie, but it's almost like you're lying to yourself. "The box said to said 5-10 minutes for it to cool... But I'm hungry now... You know, I bet it's not THAT hot." *mouth fills with molten lava*

This one I just plain don't get. I don't have a drier... I DO do this with my laundry when it's in the washer, because I don't feel like taking it out and hanging it on the drying rack. Fluffing it and leaving the door open in this case stops it from getting smelly again in the time it takes for me to finally hang it. But I honestly don't understand why fluffing dry clothes would help you put off taking them out and folding them?
Well when you get clothes out of the drier, they're not wrinkled. But if you wait too long or forget about what's in the drier, then you've got a load of wrinkly pieces of shit. So you can turn it on for another twenty minutes or so to get the creases out (fluffing). Ooooor if you're lazy, you can return from checking the laundry claiming that the clothes needed fluffing because your one really nice shirt is in there all while hoping the next time the drier goes off, someone else will go take care of it.

-Telling people the reason I'm having fast food is because I didn't have time to go grocery shopping, when in reality I could've woken up an hour earlier and had plenty of time.
Yessssss!

AllIn All It's Not So Bad
03-06-2012, 03:17 PM
[QUOTE=Isolated Fury;1452132]
- Peeing in the shower

I actually pee in the shower too. It happens when I forget to pee before taking a shower and then I'm just too lazy to get out and pee in the proper place

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
03-06-2012, 05:31 PM
- Eating too much of the appetizer to finish the entree

I'm too cheap for appetizers.

I can't stand unfolded laundry. I take the time to make a really pretty looking pile.

- Peeing in the shower

I was surpised about the amount of people that do this. I'm just kinda concerned about standing in my own urine so I never have done that one either.

- Opting out of spending $.99 on an app and going with the free version while you wait in line for your $5.50 coffee

My coffee is more like $2.50. Except for the free coffee I just won with Tim Horton's "Roll Up The Rim To Win"

Jojan
03-06-2012, 06:17 PM
Why would you wait for a frozen pizza to cool? Is it not cold enough, if it is frozen?

- Peeing in the shower
Why would anyone lie about that? And who cares if someone do?

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
03-06-2012, 06:35 PM
Why would you wait for a frozen pizza to cool? Is it not cold enough, if it is frozen?

I am feeling quite sick today, and you just lifted my spirits. :D

mrconeman
03-06-2012, 07:17 PM
Okay, I'll be honest, I didn't read a single word of this thread, but that's not what is important.

This is important. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyE4CLM0QIA

Llamas
03-06-2012, 07:30 PM
Okay, I'll be honest, I didn't read a single word of this thread, but that's not what is important.

This is important. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyE4CLM0QIA

Like'd .

yarock
03-06-2012, 07:42 PM
Fuck you. When I first saw this thread (and I believe there were no replies) I was about to write something like "Little Lies is one of my favorites along with Go Your Own Way and Big Love." but then I thought it would be cheesy and redundant. And this reply is more cheesy so f you again.

Little_Miss_1565
03-06-2012, 07:43 PM
Fuck you. When I first saw this thread (and I believe there were no replies) I was about to write something like "Little Lies is one of my favorites along with Go Your Own Way and Big Love." but then I thought it would be cheesy and redundant. And this reply is more cheesy so f you again.

No shame, "Big Love" is a stone cold jam.

WebDudette
03-07-2012, 12:09 AM
Peeing in the shower isn't weird, people who think peeing in the shower is weird are weird.

Every time I make frozen pizza or get pizza at a place like Ray's I burn my mouth. I literally cannot help myself. Every single time I think 'you dumb fuck, you'll burn your mouth if you eat that!', then I do it anyway.

People who say they don't masturbate. I know so many men who will tell you they don't masturbate and I'm just like '...you're so full of shit.'

I know this isn't exactly what you're looking for, but I felt they were all on-topic enough.

Isolated Fury
03-07-2012, 10:16 AM
People who say they don't masturbate. I know so many men who will tell you they don't masturbate and I'm just like '...you're so full of shit.'

I know this isn't exactly what you're looking for, but I felt they were all on-topic enough.
Nope. This is perfect. Haha

Titties could also be a good one. Every guy looks. Every time. I'm pretty sure everyone knows this, but guys will always stare at any pair of funbags regardless of how nice they actually are and blatantly lie to their significant others when questioned. But really, you should know better ladies.

Al Coholic
03-07-2012, 10:19 AM
Actually, it's the weirder, 42 year old D-cup semi sagging extremely tan veiny trainwrecks of chests that are the hardest to look away from.

I secretly watch certain shows and then lie about them and tell people I've never really heard of them or seen an episode.

bighead384
03-07-2012, 10:32 AM
I secretly watch certain shows and then lie about them and tell people I've never really heard of them or seen an episode.
Well the least you could do is admit which shows they are here...

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
03-07-2012, 05:27 PM
Well the least you could do is admit which shows they are here...

I second that.