PDA

View Full Version : The Offspring live at Rock in IdRho, Milan

momo91
03-09-2012, 02:05 AM
Yeah, an other italian date on June the 13th!!!
I'll definitely be there !

Dexter_italy
03-09-2012, 02:28 AM
Yeah, an other italian date on June the 13th!!!
I'll definitely be there !

Rock in Idrho is on 21 july.... does it mean we have an headlining date?

momo91
03-09-2012, 03:39 AM
Rock in Idrho is on 21 july.... does it mean we have an headlining date?

I'm wondering too...I think think it isn't an headlining date, because they would have chosen a smaller place; but it's strange, not confirmed on the festival official site and about a month before the other day of the festival (Rancid will play on July the 21st)

Greekoldfan
03-09-2012, 05:09 AM
I think i'm gonna have a long flight till Milan :)

Dexter_italy
03-09-2012, 06:45 AM
It seems that the 13th there will be also lagwagon playing, maybe the organization is pulling 2 dates for the rock in idrho...or maybe it's another festival..on the facebook page they said that they will be giving more news in half an hour... we'll see :)

Marco
03-09-2012, 07:22 AM
still nothing, although it seems quite strange that the festival is taking place in July while this date in June... :confused:

Dexter_italy
03-09-2012, 08:08 AM
still nothing, although it seems quite strange that the festival is taking place in July while this date in June... :confused:

it probably means they will do some extra shows, I don't know like... road to rock in idrho...:confused:

Dexter_italy
03-09-2012, 08:17 AM
it probably means they will do some extra shows, I don't know like... road to rock in idrho...:confused:

They gave the news...it was like I said... rock in idrho preview ahahahah :)

Marco
03-09-2012, 08:19 AM
Rock in Idrho Preview: mercoledì 13 giugno
Carroponte – Sesto San Giovanni (MI) con:
(main stage)
The Offspring
VERY SPECIAL GUEST tba
Billy Talent
(second stage)
Lagwagon
Hot Water Music
La Dispute

Marco
03-09-2012, 08:23 AM
It's looks like a great location...I really hate the Arena Rho thing, I think it's ugly :p

momo91
03-09-2012, 08:47 AM
This venue is more intimate...great!

Lord_Gabo
03-09-2012, 10:43 AM
..damn another festival..

RonWelty
03-10-2012, 06:47 AM
They gave the news...it was like I said... rock in idrho preview ahahahah :)

HOW can the preview headliner be a lot bigger than the festival headliner( Rancid)?

Marco
03-10-2012, 06:53 AM
HOW can the preview headliner be a lot bigger than the festival headliner( Rancid)?

It's Italy, they really don't look at these things. The last Rock in Idrho saw Flogging Molly playing BEFORE Band of Horses :S . Anywayyy I guess it's just another way of making money, it's totally another concert but they had to call it a preview for commercial reasons I guess...

Dexter_italy
03-10-2012, 09:57 AM
It's Italy, they really don't look at these things. The last Rock in Idrho saw Flogging Molly playing BEFORE Band of Horses :S . Anywayyy I guess it's just another way of making money, it's totally another concert but they had to call it a preview for commercial reasons I guess...

It's just that it's organized by the same production. I think they decided to do it after the decisions for the actual Rock in Idrho were made. "why not making another cool festival?" I don't think it's necessary to say things like it's italy marco... it's really frustrating for people who try to give us this kind of shows in my opinion. There's always a reson for this things, maybe we just don't know. The Offspring weren't available for the 21st of july I'm pretty sure, so they put them when they could, the same goes for the other bands...
Btw Rancid in Italy are pretty strong among punk rock listeners so they are good as headliners, obviously not if The Offspring are playing the same day :D I really appreciate what the stuff did for this festival even if I don't know if I'll make it!

momo91
03-10-2012, 10:52 AM
It's called "preview" only because the festival was already programmed for july and they added the second date later, not to loose the opportunity of bringing to Italy a great band like The Offspring, which is perfect for the punk style of the event. It doesn't mean that they consider The Offspring smaller than Rancid!

Marco
03-10-2012, 12:34 PM
It's just that it's organized by the same production. I think they decided to do it after the decisions for the actual Rock in Idrho were made. "why not making another cool festival?" I don't think it's necessary to say things like it's italy marco... it's really frustrating for people who try to give us this kind of shows in my opinion. There's always a reson for this things, maybe we just don't know. The Offspring weren't available for the 21st of july I'm pretty sure, so they put them when they could, the same goes for the other bands...
Btw Rancid in Italy are pretty strong among punk rock listeners so they are good as headliners, obviously not if The Offspring are playing the same day :D I really appreciate what the stuff did for this festival even if I don't know if I'll make it!

I said it has been done for commercial reasons in my post (because it is the same organizers) ;) Anyway, it IS necessary, this country is a complete DISASTER when it comes to organizing events, our bureaucracy fails to achieve what other countries solve in a small amount of time. As much as it may be frustrating and stereotyped, it's an inconvenient truth. :(

Dexter_italy
03-10-2012, 12:47 PM
I said it has been done for commercial reasons in my post (because it is the same organizers) ;) Anyway, it IS necessary, this country is a complete DISASTER when it comes to organizing events, our bureaucracy fails to achieve what other countries solve in a small amount of time. As much as it may be frustrating and stereotyped, it's an inconvenient truth. :(

But bureaucracy is not organizator's fault, they do some big efforts to build events like this here. When I've been at the Rock in idrho the organization was perfect. To say we are a complete disaster I think is really too much. Sure there is always room for improvement and do better. Our country has so much more to label as disaster... let's enjoy this festivals at least ;)

Marco
03-11-2012, 01:43 AM
But bureaucracy is not organizator's fault, they do some big efforts to build events like this here. When I've been at the Rock in idrho the organization was perfect. To say we are a complete disaster I think is really too much. Sure there is always room for improvement and do better. Our country has so much more to label as disaster... let's enjoy this festivals at least ;)

I said it's Italy, full stop. I never said it is the organizers' fault, nor did I say that bureaucracy is the organizers' fault, so I really don't get your point.

"this country is a complete DISASTER when it comes to organizing events" Get it?

Dexter_italy
03-11-2012, 03:06 AM
this country is a complete DISASTER when it comes to organizing events :(

I just don't think this is true for this kind of shows. If you say that the burocratic machine is slow and complicated I agree with you, but if you say that events are organized badly I don't agree. But you only meant the first it's my fault :)

Marco
03-11-2012, 04:13 AM
I just don't think this is true for this kind of shows. If you say that the burocratic machine is slow and complicated I agree with you, but if you say that events are organized badly I don't agree. But you only meant the first it's my fault :)

Yep! Anyway, I think the location is really cool!

Dexter_italy
03-11-2012, 04:29 AM
Yep! Anyway, I think the location is really cool!

I saw some pics, it seem really cool :D and the line up it's really good!