PDA

View Full Version : Dexter at USC POP FORUM

RonWelty
03-10-2012, 01:04 PM
http://kylienic.blogspot.com/2012/03/offspring-dexter-holland-usc-pop-forum.html

Dexter_italy
03-10-2012, 01:32 PM
cool stuff :) I liked the part "explaining such concepts as how to keep energy up onstage" :D

Jojan
03-10-2012, 02:42 PM
Dexter's so old.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/--phP9lpQWdc/T1rPUnLufzI/AAAAAAAAA-o/8ejmGS_P3tE/s640/DSC_0909.jpg

RonWelty
03-10-2012, 03:59 PM
Dexter's so old.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/--phP9lpQWdc/T1rPUnLufzI/AAAAAAAAA-o/8ejmGS_P3tE/s640/DSC_0909.jpg

Actually I think he looks very well on this photos. The best since 2005. He has that "Americana"-era vibe again. It sounds very promising.

cool 2 hate 681
03-10-2012, 04:26 PM
cool:cool: i wish i would have known about it

Defender
03-11-2012, 04:35 AM
Dexter's so old.

This is something I was just thinking about

Tompo2000
03-11-2012, 08:56 AM
Actually I think he looks very well on this photos. The best since 2005. He has that "Americana"-era vibe again. It sounds very promising.
I actually think so too.

samseby
03-11-2012, 11:47 AM
Must have been interesting.

KTILLA23
03-12-2012, 01:49 AM
Awesome stuff! Thanks for posting!

Jojan
03-12-2012, 08:06 AM

Dexter is the one to the left.

personal_loans_1
03-12-2012, 01:20 PM
Cool pics indeed, this haircut suits him best.

yellow
03-14-2012, 11:01 AM
Dexter's so old.

omg he looks fuckin hot! he is ageless, forever young!!!! god bless him

TheJakes84
04-07-2012, 11:24 PM
Dexter Holland looks so good for a man at age 40s. Rock on! :cool: :) :D Great pics.

Llamas
04-08-2012, 07:11 AM
Well, I guess he *is* 47... he totally looks his age, not surprising. It's just hard to accept that he's not still this young stud ;)
http://www.hotflick.net/flicks/1999_Woodstock__99/999WST_The_Offspring_005.jpg

Dexter_italy
04-08-2012, 09:38 AM
Well, I guess he *is* 47... he totally looks his age, not surprising. It's just hard to accept that he's not still this young stud ;)
http://www.hotflick.net/flicks/1999_Woodstock__99/999WST_The_Offspring_005.jpg

If I am correct he is 44... wasn't he from 68?

holland25
04-08-2012, 10:44 AM
Nope, 1965.

Llamas
04-08-2012, 10:54 AM
Where's dexternumbers when we need her?!

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
04-08-2012, 03:26 PM
Where's dexternumbers when we need her?!
Made me laugh

Dexter is the one to the left.
Made me laugh harder

I think Dexter could look a lot better if he tried to lose some more weight. I think he already looks thinner than he did in 2010, but still.... I'm not calling him fat or anything, because he's pretty average for the Americans I've seen. I think he'd have the face of a 35 year old though if he took off twenty pounds.

findout5
04-11-2012, 10:19 AM
He only needs to worry about writing great songs!
And being healthy to do it as well.
Having him looking sharp shouldn't be a fan priority...after all music is for the ears, not for the eyes!

Degstur Lolland
04-11-2012, 10:53 AM
Think about how many albums he could sell with Biber look.

Bejka
04-12-2012, 04:19 AM
He is 46, will be 47 on dec 29th (born 1965) :o Do you consider yourself FANS? :eek: Shame on you!

Harleyquiiinn
04-12-2012, 04:35 AM
He is 46, will be 47 on dec 29th (born 1965) :o Do you consider yourself FANS? :eek: Shame on you!

Fan of the Offspring... you know... their music...

Lupin
04-12-2012, 05:30 AM
This turned into a weird thread...really quickly.

Bejka
04-12-2012, 02:23 PM
Fan of the Offspring... you know... their music...

blah blah blah

manux
04-20-2012, 03:09 PM
Actually is not stupid that people care about how the lead singer of a band looks. He doesn't have to care only about music, he is an artist and that should make him take a bit of care for his image too.

Do you think that the fact that Dexter was a handsome guy didn't help in the popularity of this band?

Is quite sad seeing how he doesn't care a bit for himself, he is the image of the offspring and he looks even fatter now, I don't see an old man I see a fat unhealthy man. His face doesn't look 46 but his body seems from a 50 year old.

We live in the world of image so please don't act as if image has no importance (you are not more punk for that), I'm not going to a concert of a future Axl Rose (nowadays) which can't even sing properly or move in a show.

ad8
04-20-2012, 03:49 PM
Actually is not stupid that people care about how the lead singer of a band looks. He doesn't have to care only about music, he is an artist and that should make him take a bit of care for his image too.

Do you think that the fact that Dexter was a handsome guy didn't help in the popularity of this band?

Is quite sad seeing how he doesn't care a bit for himself, he is the image of the offspring and he looks even fatter now, I don't see an old man I see a fat unhealthy man. His face doesn't look 46 but his body seems from a 50 year old.

We live in the world of image so please don't act as if image has no importance (you are not more punk for that), I'm not going to a concert of a future Axl Rose (nowadays) which can't even sing properly or move in a show.
Yeah except punk is based on the philosophy of not caring about the superficial statements of the mainstream and getting a message across, a message that is not beautiful by nature since it is honest and critical. Punk rock does not try to appeal to people through superficial beauty, because punk rock does not want to be liked by everyone, but only by people who share a similar world view. What you're saying may be very true for Lady Gaga, LMFAO and all these other people. I doubt that it is of any relevance a punk rock band like the Offspring, whose image is that of a band that could not care less about what they look like and is fine with being distinct from mainstream aesthetic ideals.

manux
04-21-2012, 03:59 AM
The Offspring was never a punk band.

Maybe punk rock or pop punk better.

We are in 2012 not in the Ramones era and image is important for Lady Gaga and for the Offspring the same.

The lead singer of a band should always stay healthy for himself and for his fans and have a decent image (as he always had).

Dexter right now doesn't look fit or fine for being the leader of a band oriented to young followers. This will affect his voice sooner or later too.

OFC he is 46 and he can't look as 15 years before but well.. look at Bruce Dickinson from Iron Maiden (age 53 and he moves more than these guy).

And again, the image of these band was Dexter Holland.

ad8
04-23-2012, 01:04 PM
The Offspring was never a punk band.

Maybe punk rock or pop punk better.

We are in 2012 not in the Ramones era and image is important for Lady Gaga and for the Offspring the same.

The lead singer of a band should always stay healthy for himself and for his fans and have a decent image (as he always had).

Dexter right now doesn't look fit or fine for being the leader of a band oriented to young followers. This will affect his voice sooner or later too.

OFC he is 46 and he can't look as 15 years before but well.. look at Bruce Dickinson from Iron Maiden (age 53 and he moves more than these guy).

And again, the image of these band was Dexter Holland.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_JuIUsFejc&feature=related
how is this pop punk? I agree that the Offspring has music-wise become pop punk since Americana, but what's wrong with that? I do not believe that they ever changed their music in order to reach more people or some kind of target group. They wrote the kind of music that they wanted to write and incidentally, a lot of people happened to like it but just because many people like their music does not mean that they should now try to keep that many fans just for the sake of keeping a lot of fans. They should continue writing the music they want to write and living their lives the way they want to live them.
It's not that I would not want the guys to live healthily. But if they decide that they do not care about that so much, then I would rather want them to live life the way they want to live it than try to compete with Adele and the Backstreet Boys in who is looking best on those pop-magazine posters in somebody's room.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
04-23-2012, 07:16 PM
I understand what both of you are getting at. As a guy, I can confidently say that I'd consider Dexter to be a good looking guy back in '97-98. His gaining of weight hasn't made me lost any interest in the music though. I didn't become an Offspring fan because of handsome Dex. I heard their music, loved it, and didn't really figure out what they all looked like until a while after that.

I don't think they'll lose any fan base for looking old.

On a side note, doesn't Noodles look incredibly young in that "Questions With Noodles" video? I think it's the haircut. He looks like he's 35-40 or something.

Little_Miss_1565
04-23-2012, 07:20 PM
On a side note, doesn't Noodles look incredibly young in that "Questions With Noodles" video? I think it's the haircut. He looks like he's 35-40 or something.

Beer and surfing keeps you looking young.

manux
04-24-2012, 04:09 AM
Indeed Noodles looks great, younger than Dexter:D

And yeah, even that 1994 video is pop punk. Nothing wrong with it but yes, the offspring is not a punk band and never was. Punk rock, pop punk whatever... and please don't tell me about Smash. Even Smash is a great punk rock commercial album.

ad8
04-24-2012, 07:59 AM
Indeed Noodles looks great, younger than Dexter:D

And yeah, even that 1994 video is pop punk. Nothing wrong with it but yes, the offspring is not a punk band and never was. Punk rock, pop punk whatever... and please don't tell me about Smash. Even Smash is a great punk rock commercial album.
I don't really know what you are getting at here. If you use pop-punk synonymous to melodic hardcore, then I think I know what you mean. But still, Dexter had a point when he wrote lyrics to songs like All I Want, The Meaning Of Life, Smash and others. I think that he was well aware of not creating pop-punk versions of songs like Sexy And I Know It or the like, but rather letting his general attitude towards life influence his song lyrics in ways that would make it clear to everyone who took the time to read and try to make sense of them.

Oxygene
04-27-2012, 08:49 AM
I didn't know his age.. I know his b-day is dec 29th.. dunno if that makes me half a fan or whatever :D

Tijs
04-27-2012, 08:55 AM
I didn't know his age.. I know his b-day is dec 29th.. dunno if that makes me half a fan or whatever :DDuuuude are you serious? You once told me off for not knowing Dexter's birthday in a thread about Dexternumbers :(

Oxygene
04-27-2012, 02:42 PM
Duuuude are you serious? You once told me off for not knowing Dexter's birthday in a thread about Dexternumbers :(

it's 66... or like 69 I dunno.. I forget.. I am old now.. I used to know that shit, but now I have too much knowledge in my head about Telecommunications :D

TheJakes84
04-27-2012, 04:15 PM
Dexter# she knowz it 1OO% :rolleyes: