PDA

View Full Version : The Offspring are part of a music Conspiracy

lyr
03-12-2012, 12:14 PM
When your dealing with assholes, you leave.

GamerKT
03-12-2012, 12:53 PM
All right. I find mondegreen lyrics to be amusing, but how is it a conspiracy?

lyr
03-12-2012, 01:03 PM
blajhytryyraegtefdsyhtrsuj

lyr
03-12-2012, 01:19 PM
you can delete this thread

Llamas
03-12-2012, 02:50 PM
Your "secret lyrics" don't even make any sense. Are you a native speaker of English? The Offspring would never write nonsense like that.

lyr
03-12-2012, 02:59 PM
You explain to me what doesnt make sense before you despute my claim, or do not post at all

GamerKT
03-12-2012, 03:04 PM
You explain to me what doesnt make sence before you despute my claim, or do not post at all

Well, "sence" doesn't make sense.

lyr
03-12-2012, 03:05 PM
person below is a major dick

AllIn All It's Not So Bad
03-12-2012, 03:27 PM
Well, "sence" doesn't make sense.

As soon as I read this, I just dismissed this lunatics thread

Rooster
03-12-2012, 03:43 PM
What the fuck is going on?!!!?! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UET-3SZbnkk&feature=related)

Llamas
03-12-2012, 03:44 PM
You explain to me what doesnt make sense before you despute my claim, or do not post at all

Or maybe you should learn English before posting. Your weak grasp of the language makes it really tough to believe you're able to hear stuff educated people don't.

Or let's just take this, your "secret words":

She told me how to lie
You're getting better all the time
in turning all the kids to one
isn't art thats hard to teach
I Know their clever words
said softly unspecting heard
and as she she stepped back into lying
a mob jumps to their feed

1) If the Offspring wrote something like this, I would not be a fan of theirs because it makes no sense.
2) The rhythm is off. "She told me how to lie" has more syllables than "show me how to lie".
3) "You're getting better all the time in turning all the kids to one isn't art that's hard to teach" isn't even a logical sentence. You also don't "get better in" - you "get better at".
4) "I know their clever words said softly unspecting heard." First of all, that's not a sentence. Second of all, "unspecting" isn't a word. Third of all, what would that even mean? Their clever words said what??
5) "lying" has two syllables, unlike "line". Plus there's very clearly a normal /n/ sound when he says it, and not a hooked n.
6) A mob can't jump to their "feed". Illogical.

Gah, why did I just waste my time? This guy clearly doesn't understand English well enough to understand why this is all totally illogical.

lyr
03-12-2012, 03:52 PM
Some of them could be wrong, ITS ALL OPEN TO INTERPRETATION!
all Im trying to say is an artist "COULD" (if they wanted to) insert a phrase that has a double meaning, you could listen to an intended double meaning, and only pick up on one of the meanings, its an interesting concept but "sence" none of you believe its possible, im not even going to waste my time giving examples anymore.

GamerKT
03-12-2012, 03:58 PM
all Im trying to say is an artist "COULD" (if they wanted to) insert a phrase that has a double meaning, you could listen to an intended double meaning, and only pick up on one of the meanings, its an interesting concept but "sence" none of you believe its possible, im not even going to waste my time giving examples anymore.

*since, bro

lyr
03-12-2012, 04:00 PM
Clearly you people dont understand sarcasm either, you take the time to insult me again after I deliberately spelt it like that.

Llamas
03-12-2012, 04:02 PM

Hahahaha, awesome change in tone. From "The Offspring are part of a music Conspiracy!!! Here are my lyrics to prove it!" to "any artist could possibly maybe do this, but we don't know".

No shit, someone could possibly do this. So what? You don't know the Offspring has done it, you have no proof, no real examples... this thread is a waste of time.

Llamas
03-12-2012, 04:04 PM
hahaha he edited all his posts so nobody can see how insane he is.

You spelled "sence" wrong on purpose? What about:

When your [you're] dealing with assholes, you leave.

You explain to me what doesnt make sense before you despute [dispute] my claim, or do not post at all

And what about this insane run-on sentence that's horribly punctuated all around?

BagOfShenanigans
03-12-2012, 04:29 PM
Most people make at least 10 posts before saying something nonsensical..

Little_Miss_1565
03-12-2012, 04:30 PM
Yeah, they probably could have, but I'm willing to bet they didn't based on the questionable sentence structure already outlined.

I also prefer thinking that Dexter accidentally made it sound like he was saying "You're offering handjobs that I refuse," because to think otherwise is a little...dodgy.

jacknife737
03-12-2012, 04:39 PM
The fuck is going on here?

Little_Miss_1565
03-12-2012, 04:40 PM
The fuck is going on here?

Secret messages about handjobs in records purchased by young people.

jacknife737
03-12-2012, 04:48 PM
Secret messages about handjobs in records purchased by young people.

Scandalous!

Llamas
03-12-2012, 04:50 PM
Yeah, they probably could have, but I'm willing to bet they didn't based on the questionable sentence structure already outlined.

I also prefer thinking that Dexter accidentally made it sound like he was saying "You're offering handjobs that I refuse," because to think otherwise is a little...dodgy.

Now, that makes sence.

mrconeman
03-12-2012, 05:56 PM
Ah the good old days:
Two men from opposite sides bound together by a siamese ripcord tethered to their souls who will pull first, knowing that it will destroy them both?

Nowadays:
One man from opposite sides struggles to keep the dangling ripcord from the reach of a little man who does not hesitate to pull knowing that the falling carcass will destroy them both.

Llamas
03-12-2012, 06:07 PM
Ah the good old days:
Two men from opposite sides bound together by a siamese ripcord tethered to their souls who will pull first, knowing that it will destroy them both?

Nowadays:
One man from opposite sides struggles to keep the dangling ripcord from the reach of a little man who does not hesitate to pull knowing that the falling carcass will destroy them both.

I honestly never understood wtf that was talking about.

Omni
03-12-2012, 06:22 PM
Dexter explained the reasoning behind that in one of the little "Dexter on the Song" things several years ago.

I'm sorry you missed the original post, jacknife. It was amazing, mostly because he thought he was actually going to get people thinking about something - something BIG with Earth-shattering implications, and he would get all the credit for blowing the lid off the whole operation - instead of just calling him exceptionally stupid. And wrong.

mrconeman
03-12-2012, 07:44 PM
I honestly never understood wtf that was talking about.

I always kind of got it actually, but that's because I was way into reading about nuclear deterrence and terrorism by the time I got that album. Mostly due to video games that dealt with the subject.

The good old days represents the cold war era, right? Two equal powers at a stand off, if either of them went on the offensive, it's the destruction of both of them.

The Nowadays represents the single bigger power, and the fringe terrorist who's willing to commit suicide to cause it some damage.

Defender
03-13-2012, 12:08 AM
The only conspiracy I know made by the Offspring is "Conspiracy Of One" !! LOL! Seriously, this thread should be closed!

Dexter_italy
03-13-2012, 12:49 AM
this thread is 3 pages long!! if you say it fast it means "this band is the baby song"

weezly
03-13-2012, 02:34 AM
i remeber as a kid, we had a sega master system and alex kidd in miricle world was built in, we were the only kids at school who couldn't finish the game.... we asked the kids at school "what happens when you clock it?" the kids said "his whole family turn up" for years we tried in vain to clock that game, desperate to see his whole family - years later we DID clock it, and the words came up, congratulations 500 000 points - we waited all saying "where is his family they must be right at the end, where are they" his family never showed up... we were very upset, but we couldn't tell the kids at school, we had moved and grown up.... whats the moral? i dunno... whats the fucken moral of this thread?!!!!!!???!?!!?!!!

Defender
03-13-2012, 03:52 AM
i remeber as a kid, we had a sega master system and alex kidd in miricle world was built in, we were the only kids at school who couldn't finish the game....

Oh man, so many memories! I had a Master System too. It was my first video-game. I think it was in 1993.

samseby
03-13-2012, 04:51 AM
Funny now that I think about it ;-)
I actually saw it yesterday but was too lazy to post ...

BagOfShenanigans
03-13-2012, 08:07 AM
Something tells me that this thread will turn into one of those 200 page conversation threads where people discuss deep, personal shit.

GamerKT
03-13-2012, 11:55 AM
Something tells me that this thread will turn into one of those 200 page conversation threads where people discuss deep, personal shit.

Sometimes, I bleed when I shit.

Llamas
03-13-2012, 02:28 PM
I always kind of got it actually, but that's because I was way into reading about nuclear deterrence and terrorism by the time I got that album. Mostly due to video games that dealt with the subject.

The good old days represents the cold war era, right? Two equal powers at a stand off, if either of them went on the offensive, it's the destruction of both of them.

The Nowadays represents the single bigger power, and the fringe terrorist who's willing to commit suicide to cause it some damage.

Hmm, interesting. From an American's perspective, I'd say it makes sense. But if you throw the weird relationships China's got going on, I'd say it's pretty over-simplified and silly.

Anyway, what's the "One man, from opposite sides" mean? That was the part that always *really* confused me.

this thread is 3 pages long!! if you say it fast it means "this band is the baby song"

Sorry, you're wrong. It's actually "Distance deep ages song".

Llamas
03-13-2012, 03:01 PM
In miles, in pull weight
Eye thing, sheet one's meal, olé!
She's a combover, ride a way.

Boy, she's jizz-nut the wang,
Hell, it'll snow, it's tollin'.
See her boot on a plan Newfies.

Bowl the shapes,
Raise your blames,
Yours are trudging.
Hate to sew,
Love Yuma,
Sorry, last stick.
Think zoo sleigh,
Came soup plate,
Dirty match guitaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar

Omg it's a total conspiracy! Y'all thought this song was about some girl, but Dexter put in a secret message about Canada, Arizona, and chewing gum!!! :eek::cool:

BagOfShenanigans
03-13-2012, 04:29 PM
In miles in pull weight
Eye thing, sheet ones meal, olé!
She's a comb over, ride a way.

Bowl the shapes,
Raise your blames,
Yours are trudging.
Hate to sew,
Love Yuma,
Sorry, last stick.
Think zoo sleigh,
Came soup plate,

Omg it's a total conspiracy! Y'all thought this song was about some girl, but Dexter put in a secret message about Canada, Arizona, and chewing gum!!! :eek::cool:

This should be a B-Side on their next album..
It's not like they haven't done ridiculous things before. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBrSjKK8T3o)

Llamas
03-13-2012, 07:14 PM
This should be a B-Side on their next album..

Maybe *this* will be the covered Ignition song they put on the new album!! :D

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
03-14-2012, 05:00 PM
In miles, in pull weight
Eye thing, sheet one's meal, olé!
She's a combover, ride a way.

Bowl the shapes,
Raise your blames,
Yours are trudging.
Hate to sew,
Love Yuma,
Sorry, last stick.
Think zoo sleigh,
Came soup plate,

You deserve a medal. I actually listened to Dirty Magic and sang these lyrics at the same time.