PDA

View Full Version : Someone explain to me why this is funny.

XYlophonetreeZ
03-14-2012, 10:26 PM
Has everyone seen that viral review of the Olive Garden (http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/231419/)? There are a lot of idiotic things that go viral, but this is the first one in a while that I'm genuinely having trouble understanding.

What's the big fucking deal? People already know that the Olive Garden is a successful restaurant chain. No shit, somebody likes it. Would you really expect some old lady from North Dakota to be as snooty and above such plebeian restaurants as you are? And she never even tried to say it was authentic or anything of the like. She just said that the architecture was "Tuscan farmhouse style." Which it is. It's imitative and it's obviously not a real Tuscan farmhouse, but it's meant to kind of look like one.

Anyway, it's not like there's an authentic Italian restaurant just down the street from her in Grand Forks that's run by a family of Tuscan immigrants. What the hell is a food critic for the Grand Forks Herald supposed to write about? How often can they really get new restaurants up there?

Thomas
03-14-2012, 11:02 PM
Yeah, I definitely don't get it either. She reviewed a new restaurant in her town because it was her job. If she reviewed a McDonald's or something, I could understand this being funny, but she knew this was a large chain and she was just doing her job... I don't get it...

Llamas
03-15-2012, 06:06 AM
Apparently the review wasn't even very positive, according to people who regularly read her reviews. I smiled when I first saw it (somewhat endearing how she wrote about it), but I really don't understand how this has gone viral or why she's getting all these interviews. People are dumb.

Isolated Fury
03-15-2012, 01:00 PM
I don't get it.

I can't tell if it's just /b/tards being /b/tards or if other people think that it's meant to be a joke. Either way, it's not exactly something that deserves to be considered a "viral" topic.

Outerspaceman21
03-15-2012, 03:00 PM
Yep, don't understand it either. I've heard of this but haven't checked it out until just now. I don't get wants so viral about it. It's a restaurant review. There was nothing really out of place, it does what it does.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
03-15-2012, 06:13 PM
I'm too lazy to check it out. Since know one else gets it, I figure I won't either.