PDA

View Full Version : Beyond Belief: Thatīs Offspring!!!!..

Sefalobe_theoffspring
03-19-2012, 10:12 AM
HI guys!. Hey Look at this: LOL VERY LOL

All I Want:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GtBQsjwU_U&feature=related

Self Esteem:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mya6ZyyouJM&feature=related

Hammerhead:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsqZJHjYgSE&context=C47cf7d2ADvjVQa1PpcFOe1sDu0XKyGQ1laCGsQpem X7Ad2-BlhBc=

The Kids Arenīt Alright:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4I34tRxGRww&feature=related

They have a full show. Thatīs funny!. This is fuck!. Where is Greg. K.?

Bye.

Similar guitars and bass.

Tompo2000
03-19-2012, 10:32 AM
lol, nice :D

slagod
03-19-2012, 11:35 AM
Lol I like it :D

Dexter_italy
03-19-2012, 12:05 PM
They're pretty good. but I hate cover bands..

cool 2 hate 681
03-19-2012, 12:18 PM
maybe we can get these guys to play a show in the us or canada:D

Greekoldfan
03-19-2012, 12:35 PM
can you imagine them as support band? the offspring (b) support the offspring (a).well except that they copy even their shirts the covers are pretty good

Lord_Gabo
03-19-2012, 02:16 PM
Love Them! Awesome cover band!

XYlophonetreeZ
03-19-2012, 02:24 PM
This is fuck!.

http://offspring.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

OffspringDude
03-19-2012, 02:42 PM
http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lltzgnHi5F1qzib3wo1_400.jpg

mrconeman
03-19-2012, 02:52 PM
Love the Jesus Hates Creed t shirt.

Solid covers. Very good.

Oh the guitarist is using the same half stack as me, great amps, Blackstar.

Zee
03-19-2012, 03:04 PM
Hehe they're taking the imitation pretty far... with the gap backwards the singer does look like a young Dexter, yes. :D

Llamas
03-19-2012, 03:19 PM
As far as bands go who have no creativity and just strive to be an exact replica of another band, they're pretty good. No draw to listen to them, though, when you can listen to the Offspring.

offsrx
03-19-2012, 04:54 PM
When we talk about technical skills - they're better than original.. Yep, they are.. Singer is singing in the studio version keys.. The only difference between original and these guys is - singer does not have the exact same voice colour as Dexter has-which is impossible in any way with anyone, and that's not a bad thing.
I always wanted to make a band like this.. I'm glad that someone else did that too.
So are these guys gonna do a world tour or what? :D I'd be very happy to see them.. they are NAILING IT!!!

Llamas
03-19-2012, 05:33 PM
When we talk about technical skills - they're better than original.. Yep, they are.. Singer is singing in the studio version keys.. The only difference between original and these guys is - singer does not have the exact same voice colour as Dexter has-which is impossible in any way with anyone, and that's not a bad thing.
I always wanted to make a band like this.. I'm glad that someone else did that too.
So are these guys gonna do a world tour or what? :D I'd be very happy to see them.. they are NAILING IT!!!

- Their tempo is off. Most of the time they speed up and don't realize it.
- He may be singing in the studio version keys, but he's also not performing a full, long concert, singing his lungs out for over an hour. And he misses a lot of notes in all those videos. I don't know how you can say it's "better" than the original.
- Most importantly, these guys didn't write the songs; all they did was take something someone else wrote and copy it. How is that better??

Like I said, they're good if what you're looking for is pretty much an exact replica of what you already have. They're not better than the Offspring, but as far as cover bands go, they're definitely good.

mrconeman
03-19-2012, 06:01 PM
I think you're being a little harsh, Brianna.
While I agree these covers are certainly not better than the originals that is.

The tempo thing though, have you ever gigged? Outside of geeky marching band faggotry obv :D
This happens to every band that plays live, it's a natural reaction to the adrenaline released when playing live, and the reason metronomes and click tracks are an absolute must for recording. An extremely small amount of bands play with a click track in an ear piece, and keep perfect tempo, but you can hardly charge an Offspring cover band with needing to do this. Unless you have a really reliable drummer (I mean really reliable) then your tempo will change a little. I also didn't notice the tempo changing, given I wasn't paying so much attention, and it probably did, but if it isn't ear gratingly noticeable, then it's not a good reason for criticism.

He also probably was playing a full concert, that's what tribute bands do. Considering the video showed them having their own Pretty Fly guy come out on stage, and that one guy that used to come out in his underwear, I'm pretty sure they do a full set. Dexter's voice doesn't hold up because he tours the world playing a full set most nights of the week for months on end, not just playing a 1 hour show.

I understand your musicians mentality for wanting something more than an exact replica out of a cover song, but these guys are literally toting themselves as an Offspring tribute band, if they played the songs differently the audience going to hear Offspring songs wouldn't be best pleased!

The draw isn't listening to them from home, the draw is watching them live because you can't see the real thing in person as often.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
03-19-2012, 06:08 PM
I didn't like the tribute band very much. They were good and all, the voice just annoys me.

Llamas
03-19-2012, 06:35 PM
The tempo thing though, have you ever gigged? Outside of geeky marching band faggotry obv :D
I used to play sax in a few jazz bands, and I used to perform solo saxophone in competitions. I'm very used to having to keep time ;)

Anyway, I'm aware that it's a common issue, but I found these guys to be far more all over the place and to have a much harder time with consistency than the Offspring do.

I understand your musicians mentality for wanting something more than an exact replica out of a cover song, but these guys are literally toting themselves as an Offspring tribute band, if they played the songs differently the audience going to hear Offspring songs wouldn't be best pleased!
I know. That's why I said they're good for what they are. I'm just personally not into that. The only reason I pointed out flaws was because that one guy tried to say these guys are better than the Offspring.

The draw isn't listening to them from home, the draw is watching them live because you can't see the real thing in person as often.
I guess if you're into that, then that's cool. I guess I'd be okay with a band like this playing at a festival. Otherwise, I find no use for it.

jacknife737
03-19-2012, 06:39 PM
I thought those covers were a lot of fun; i really lol'd when i saw how much the dudes looked like the offspring.

They seem to be pretty much the ideal tribute band.

mrconeman
03-19-2012, 06:40 PM
I used to play sax in a few jazz bands, and I used to perform solo saxophone in competitions. I'm very used to having to keep time ;)

Timing in jazz? pff everyone knows they just make that shit up!

Anyway, I'm aware that it's a common issue, but I found these guys to be far more all over the place and to have a much harder time with consistency than the Offspring do.

Probably due to them being a relatively new band cutting their teeth at local shows, compared to a professionally touring outfit that's been gigging for 20 + years :P

I know. That's why I said they're good for what they are. I'm just personally not into that. The only reason I pointed out flaws was because that one guy tried to say these guys are better than the Offspring.

Yeah that's ludicrous, and based on the fact that this band isn't tuning down. Which is a must for most touring bands.

I guess if you're into that, then that's cool. I guess I'd be okay with a band like this playing at a festival. Otherwise, I find no use for it.
Tribute bands make for a great night out, you shouldn't be there looking for real musical worth, it just beats a jukebox.

Thomas
03-19-2012, 10:55 PM
I think these guys did a pretty solid job! I know for a fact that I would have a blast being in a band like this! I just wish I had more friends who were into these guys as much as I am.

Dexter_italy
03-20-2012, 01:58 AM
-

Like I said, they're good if what you're looking for is pretty much an exact replica of what you already have. They're not better than the Offspring, but as far as cover bands go, they're definitely good.

I quote every single word. they are good at what they do but not nearly better of the original. I don't like cover\tribute bands cause they steal the space for underground bands which try to do their own stuff. it's easy to gather lots of peolple with songs somebody else has written. I may sound like a jerk, but here happens a lot to be clubs giving shows to cover band and not to original ones (talented).

Defender
03-20-2012, 02:51 AM
Good cover - Bad imitation

samseby
03-20-2012, 05:37 AM
That's weird.
Covering a song every now and then, making it maybe sound a little different and stuff is ok but that is a little too much.

Don't like cover bands that much too - it's so knock-off. They should rather go and spend their time finding their own style and identity.

D0NT
03-20-2012, 05:47 AM
I once read online about a canadian (think it was canadian) tribute band to the Offspring they were called The ONspring :D and theyre were supposed to only cover Ignition and S/T songs.

I just saw a picture of them not even hear them. Always wanted to check them out, anyone ever heard of them?

About this tribute band from this thread Im at work I'll check them later and give my two cents

the_real_potomek
03-20-2012, 06:50 AM
Hehe, on All I Want I couldn't stop laughing:D I generally don't like covers of Offspring songs that much, but the way this band does it is funny. Maybe because they copied not only songs, but also everything else:p

Jojan
03-20-2012, 10:17 AM
The bass player is awful. He is nothing like Greg.

mrconeman
03-21-2012, 12:17 AM
Because Greg is such a towering beacon of bass playing ability...

unless you only meant looks which, in which case none of them actually look like the real thing at all.

Microwave Jellyfish
03-26-2012, 06:34 AM
Come on, it's just Jojan being Jojan and doing his usual rounds about Greg being the ultimate badass. Eight years here and a post count of ~5000, and you still bite?

This tribute band is surprisingly good and really fun to watch. I hope they put out more videos in the near future.