PDA

View Full Version : at least one NEW song in the upcoming japan shows

Greekoldfan
03-23-2012, 03:31 PM
will you be playing new songs?" Yes. At least one that no one has ever heard before. -Niz
Soooooooo happy now!can't wait until next saturday to listen to it!

cool 2 hate 681
03-23-2012, 05:59 PM
i hope someone records it and we don't have to wait for months like summersonic 2007

randman21
03-23-2012, 06:20 PM
Wasn't it only like 2 or 3 days from the time they played Hammerhead to when we actually heard the recording? I remember that I heard it when I was in a very specific place and I left a few days after the Hammerhead recording came to light.

Either way, great news! I can't imagine what the song is gonna be like. I have a feeling that Days Go By will not be indicative of the rest of the album.

BagOfShenanigans
03-23-2012, 06:22 PM
O.C. Guns would be nice..

Tijs
03-23-2012, 06:22 PM
I think we got it a few days after Soundwave and all that in Australia. But they might've played Hammerhead a few months before that in Japan. Or Hammerhead and Half-Truism, not sure. But definitely Hammerhead. I think that song is still my #1 on Last FM thanks to that.

Gustavo
03-23-2012, 06:42 PM
We first heard "Hammerhead" back in 2007, when they played Summer Sonic in '07. I still have the first mp3, I believe it was the 14th of august 2007, the one that starts with Noodles saying "Okay", that came before the double cd bootleg that fooled us into believing there was a live recording of Lightning Rod (I think it was Why Don't You Get A Job instead), if I'm not mistaken, it was the recording of the Osaka and Tokyo shows, but not the extra show in Tokyo, it was the regular one of the festival.

So, there was a two day gasp between them playing the song live, at the Tokyo show (http://www.theoffspringsite.com/tos/en/lightbox/lightbox.php?view=setlist&id=143), and us listening to the recording.

Hammerhead should be first in my last.fm because of that, because there are two Hammerheads there.

jacknife737
03-23-2012, 06:55 PM
We definitely got to hear a version of hammerhead from those Japan shows in 07 - though the sound quality was fairly shitty. And there was a video for Half-Truism up soon after that Soundwave show.

Tijs
03-23-2012, 06:58 PM
though the sound quality was fairly shitty.Ah yeah, I think I refused to listen to it because I wanted to wait for a decent quality one. So I was speaking just for myself then before.

samseby
03-24-2012, 01:35 AM
Well, we WILL see about that ... ;-)

Greekoldfan
03-24-2012, 01:57 AM
well we've got the recording of the first time they played hammerhead in august 2007 in summersonic.then on 29th febr 2008 they played halftruism in soundwave melbourne and we have this recording too.but during their japan tour in autumn 2008 they played all the songs of rafrag at least one but with the exception of takes me nowhere (2008 10 14 Japan Tour Tokyo)(can be found here: http://theoffspring.eu/live-music.html )we dont have the other rare live songs

Degstur Lolland
03-24-2012, 02:00 AM
They should play like the whole album so I can tell them what's wrong with it. :rolleyes:

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
03-24-2012, 12:00 PM
4 years in the making..... there better be nothing wrong with it

BagOfShenanigans
03-24-2012, 01:39 PM

RaFRaG was a step up from Splinter. I believe this album will continue the gradual increase in quality.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
03-24-2012, 02:22 PM
I hope you're right.

Defender
03-24-2012, 02:38 PM
The older they get,the better they are...

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
03-24-2012, 02:53 PM
The older they get,the better they are...

That's debatable

Defender
03-24-2012, 02:56 PM
That's debatable

I agree but let's be optimistic...

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
03-24-2012, 03:04 PM
Okay. This album's gonna be their best one yet! :D

How's that?

Defender
03-24-2012, 03:06 PM
Okay. This album's gonna be their best one yet! :D

How's that?

Terrific:)

Llamas
03-24-2012, 03:12 PM
will you be playing new songs?" Yes. At least one that no one has ever heard before. -Niz

He qualified that statement: "at least one that no one has ever heard before". That sounds to me like it might not be new/might not be on the album. Interesting.

cool 2 hate 681
03-24-2012, 05:19 PM
He qualified that statement: "at least one that no one has ever heard before". That sounds to me like it might not be new/might not be on the album. Interesting.

maybe it's pass me by?

Gustavo
03-24-2012, 09:13 PM
maybe it's pass me by?

We've all been down that road, haven't we?

But I don't think so, Pass Me By is just one of the many songs from the older albums recording sessions that didn't get picked to go into the album, the only difference is that it was mentioned in a journal.

Why would they wanna go back to that song now?

I know they're allegedly re-releasing a new verison of Dirty Magic, but that's a whole other story.

cool 2 hate 681
03-24-2012, 09:22 PM
well they said they were looking at older songs for the new album and it's the last album on columbia so if they were ever going to use it now is the time

but your right it will probably never see the light of day:(

Degstur Lolland
03-25-2012, 08:31 AM
well they said they were looking at older songs for the new album and it's the last album on columbia so if they were ever going to use it now is the time

but your right it will probably never see the light of day:(
Llamas went too deep into it. I don't think they will play it now. However, I tweeted to them that they should finish it some time ago so I kinda hope... On the other hand, I don't think they would have a trouble getting extension on Columbia. 2 albums with Bob Rock says something too so something unexpected could happen, like going back into underground, but I don't think so...

"Why would they wanna go back to that song now?"

Because it's a great song and they could finish it now. I can't see a reason why they couldn't finish it. Might not be fitting for the new album, but might be great for a B-side or something special...

Degstur Lolland
03-25-2012, 08:45 AM
It looks like they can solve problems with every album, but other unexpected problems emerge. :D *fingers crossed*

RaFRaG was a step up from Splinter. I believe this album will continue the gradual increase in quality.
I think this one will be better than the last. It's kinda difficult to compare Splinter and RFRG. One is compact and the other diverse, both with its own problems...

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
03-25-2012, 11:29 AM
I would like to hear Pass Me By, and so would everyone else, so I'm sure that it'll be on the album (optimism is fun)

Zee
03-25-2012, 07:33 PM
Aa, good times ahead!

I guess I just have to take a listen to the live recording, no matter what. Can't resist it and wait for the final version.

Gregmau5
03-27-2012, 02:39 AM
We've all been down that road, haven't we?

But I don't think so, Pass Me By is just one of the many songs from the older albums recording sessions that didn't get picked to go into the album, the only difference is that it was mentioned in a journal.

Why would they wanna go back to that song now?

I know they're allegedly re-releasing a new verison of Dirty Magic, but that's a whole other story.

I want it to be Pass Me By so bad but we all know how unlikely it is.

Dexter_italy
03-27-2012, 03:04 AM
I'd like them pulling out a song calle Pass me by and souning nothing like those 30 seconds of the clip... it would freak the hell out of all you guys wondering how that song is :D

weezly
03-27-2012, 03:18 AM
heres a thought, wat if pass me by really sucked, i mean it must have not to be put on splinter right? so lets move on from pass me by PLEASE!!!

samseby
03-27-2012, 06:20 AM
Actually I don't really care if in fact it is Pass me by or not as long as it's gonna be a good and powerful song :p