PDA

View Full Version : New song title:

Degstur Lolland
03-24-2012, 02:46 AM
"Hurting As One." It sounds emo, but its not. Its punk. Kinda like "Something To Believe In." -Niz

holland25
03-24-2012, 03:06 AM
Oh come on, do we really have to create a new thread everytime Noodles posts something on their Twitter?

Degstur Lolland
03-24-2012, 03:21 AM
Why being so negative? I think it's a pretty impressive tweet.

I made one possible connection. My girlfriend is a bitch reminds me of Spare Me the Details and that's on Splinter. Ronnie King did Hit That, so maybe he is on that one and with a huge caboose. (Splinter)

I was wondering if OC Guns could be anti-police. Hmmm? Considering they do universal songs, it could also be about Orange County. (Ignition's LAPD) (Tiki Tiki CO1?)

Death song could use Mexican trumpets. (Ixnay's celebration of death :d) That wouldn't really be Gone Away or The End of the Line. I'm not sure if they can use Vibraslap here.

I'm not sure if you could connect anti-war with a hero-like song and also DUI/JLTW solo. (anti-war, Tehran, maybe CO1 song, Smash influence) All of the above except anti-war could also be supported by Americana. I'm not getting Smash at all which is strange. Maybe, anti-religion song will be Smash influenced like Something To Believe In. I don't know where do you connect The Future Is Now, I'm getting some Splinter's Lightning Rod. It's All Good could be Americana influence. Or maybe, It's All Good could be anti-religion Smash influenced song with the future is now line? :d Or, hero-like song called The Future Is Now.

Let's play connections again. It's funny how I mentioned Something to believe in.

Defender
03-24-2012, 03:34 AM
I agree with Holland25.This update should be moved into this: http://www.offspring.com/community/showthread.php?t=42318

Degstur Lolland
03-24-2012, 03:48 AM
I'm getting the current economical crisis from it. What do you guys think? Also, is it more anti-religion or anti-war?

Greekoldfan
03-24-2012, 04:44 AM
something to believe in is one of my all time favorite songs.I hope the new one to have the same vibe

keonii7
03-24-2012, 05:50 AM
If there's anything on their new album that sounds anything like their old stuff, I will be a happy man.

samseby
03-24-2012, 05:52 AM
Actually I was just about to say: I believe it WHEN and IF I hear it ;-)

randman21
03-24-2012, 08:03 AM
Oh come on, do we really have to create a new thread everytime Noodles posts something on their Twitter?

Thank you! I got tired of saying it.

I'm excited about this song. I love a song title that gives you no idea what it's going to be like.

Llamas
03-24-2012, 08:26 AM
Thank you! I got tired of saying it.

I'm excited about this song. I love a song title that gives you no idea what it's going to be like.

That's like all Offspring song titles. :P

And don't get too excited... this song will not sound anything like Something to Believe In. Noodles' ear is biased :P Hope it's a good song, though. Punk along the lines of Trust in You and Takes Me Nowhere would be awesome :)

_Way_Down_the_Line_
03-24-2012, 09:03 AM
Yeah I see more a Trust in you kinda of song too

Degstur Lolland
03-24-2012, 09:52 AM
1. Days Go By

2. I made a possible connection. My girlfriend is a bitch reminds me of Spare Me the Details and that's on Splinter. Ronnie King did Hit That, so maybe he is on that one and with a huge caboose. (Splinter)

3. I was wondering if OC Guns could be anti-police. Hmmm? Considering they do universal songs, it could also be about Orange County. (Ignition's LAPD) (Tiki Tiki CO1?)

4. Death song could use Mexican trumpets. (Ixnay's celebration of death :d) That wouldn't really be Gone Away or The End of the Line. I'm not sure if they can use Vibraslap here.

5. Anti-religion song like Something To Believe In, Hurting As One. (Smash)

---

Plus possibly 2, 3 or 4 songs hanging here:
I'm not sure if you could connect anti-war with a hero-like song and also DUI/JLTW solo. (anti-war, Tehran, maybe CO1 song, Smash influence)

I don't know where do you connect The Future Is Now, I'm getting some Splinter's Lightning Rod.

It's All Good could be Americana influence.

---

We need titles for #2 and # 4. Bitch and death.

I guess, they will be playing OC Guns in Japan or maybe Hurting As One.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
03-24-2012, 12:07 PM
I hate making crazy predictions with little information.

cool 2 hate 681
03-24-2012, 12:15 PM
not a fan of that title but im sure the song will be great:)

Degstur Lolland
03-24-2012, 12:17 PM
You don't have to. I did all I could. So just read and take it as a summary.

Little_Miss_1565
03-24-2012, 01:41 PM
3. I was wondering if OC Guns could be anti-police. Hmmm? Considering they do universal songs, it could also be about Orange County. (Ignition's LAPD) (Tiki Tiki CO1?)

That's an interesting idea. There have been a lot of instances of police brutality and police killings in Orange County in the past year, most famously Kelly Thomas' murder in Fullerton over the summer.

Defender
03-24-2012, 01:45 PM
I am sure this track will be awesome... but I am still waiting for a release date(the month release at least).

jacknife737
03-24-2012, 03:33 PM
Always nice to get some new info; wonder if it'll be the first single?

weezly
03-24-2012, 05:12 PM
now this sounds like a killer song
"if there is anything on the new album that sounds like there old stuff"
um duh the ignition re-recorded song?!!

KrispyNotKrunchy
03-24-2012, 05:24 PM
"if there is anything on the new album that sounds like there old stuff"
um duh the ignition re-recorded song?!!

Ironically, I think that will sound least like the old stuff, especially if they are re-recording it and TRYing to give it a new sound