PDA

View Full Version : New album finished!

Jon672
03-25-2012, 04:47 AM
"Leaving the studio in Hollywood now. The record is complete." -Dexter
It's officially done! Great new to wake to, at least on the East Coast. When do you think it'll come out now that it's finished?

Llamas
03-25-2012, 05:00 AM
September.

Degstur Lolland
03-25-2012, 05:18 AM
yabba dabba doo!

llamas you ass

June 8th

but totally leak it or stream it as soon as possible, it's information age

Llamas
03-25-2012, 05:27 AM
yabba dabba doo!

llamas you ass

June 8th

but totally leak it or stream it as soon as possible, it's information age

Ass? I'm just realistic. You really think a month and a half is enough time for them to do all the shit they need to do to get this out to the public? It's not. And the Offspring have shown that they're enjoying taking their time and not rushing things, so it'll be a few months before we get it.

BagOfShenanigans
03-25-2012, 05:36 AM
I thought maybe August..

Bejka
03-25-2012, 05:45 AM
June :o 28th would be perfect ;)

Llamas
03-25-2012, 05:52 AM
I thought maybe August..

August is possible. July would be likely with a band who really puts all their focus on getting the album out and works diligently solely on that. We know the Offspring, though, and that won't happen ;) August is possible, though. I wouldn't put it past them if they really wanted to get it out.

Omni
03-25-2012, 06:07 AM
The Offspring is still around?

BagOfShenanigans
03-25-2012, 06:31 AM

Hell no!
They all died in that plane crash in 1959.

KHWHD
03-25-2012, 06:34 AM
Yay, can't wait!! :D :cool:

Llamas
03-25-2012, 06:34 AM

I know, right?? I was just listening to my new Backstreet Boys album and while I was trying to find some songs on youtube, I saw that the Offspring is still together?! What, they still have nostalgia fans who listen to this crap?? lolololo

Degstur Lolland
03-25-2012, 06:41 AM
Ass? I'm just realistic. You really think a month and a half is enough time for them to do all the shit they need to do to get this out to the public? It's not. And the Offspring have shown that they're enjoying taking their time and not rushing things, so it'll be a few months before we get it.
I considered the idea that you were joking. :D I really have July at the latest. I really believe in RFRG scenario, but yeah, they might need 3 facken months.

Sooner better for them, if they want another album in 2016. :D

That's realism. :d

But, yeah, they are done, let's all scream yabba dabba dooo!

the_real_potomek
03-25-2012, 07:01 AM
Wow:D
Well, if June, then I'd suggest 21st, if September, 12th would be great:)

Llamas
03-25-2012, 07:07 AM
Man, you guys are idealists, haha. June? Really? And then when it doesn't come out in June, you guys will be complaining that it's not out yet...

Jesus
03-25-2012, 07:34 AM
End of may, early june probably. Albums tend to get a quick release now , since they'll get leaked anyway. Rafrag was finished early april and released mid june too.

Defender
03-25-2012, 08:03 AM
I make no predictions. There 'll be a new update for the timeline by Dexter or Noodles on Twitter. I am sure about that.

OffspringDude
03-25-2012, 08:51 AM
It's hard to describe the feeling of waiting for a new Offspring album

It's like just so good you cant put it into words!!1 :D

Degstur Lolland
03-25-2012, 08:53 AM
"Matt Murphy: Well alright flexter noadles craig and ron III."

"Virgilio Torres: im afraid.. hahahah no more songs like Fix You, please!"

"Devin Slee: Art work for the new album should be Americana with Justin Beiber on the swing and on the the back his severed head sitting there"

Some bonus:
"David Butler: go bak to the oldoffspring"
"Ronald Strassburger Barrantes: no emo shit come on!"

Greekoldfan
03-25-2012, 09:31 AM
best news for sunday!!!can't wait for my hardcopy in my hands!

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
03-25-2012, 10:32 AM
yabba dabba dooo!

GuilhermeOffspring
03-25-2012, 10:42 AM
FinAlly..... ............

Llamas
03-25-2012, 10:59 AM
"Matt Murphy: Well alright flexter noadles craig and ron III."

"Virgilio Torres: im afraid.. hahahah no more songs like Fix You, please!"

"Devin Slee: Art work for the new album should be Americana with Justin Beiber on the swing and on the the back his severed head sitting there"

Some bonus:
"David Butler: go bak to the oldoffspring"
"Ronald Strassburger Barrantes: no emo shit come on!"

Are all your friends 12 years old? Because that's the only way this is the "best of" Facebook.

ixnay04
03-25-2012, 12:36 PM
My guess is May 29th

Rooster
03-25-2012, 01:48 PM
Offspring, Y U NO PUT IT OUT TOMORROW?

Just a suggestion :p

This is great news by the way, I hope the album is out by this summer.

jacknife737
03-25-2012, 01:56 PM
If i remember RAFRAG's timeline correctly: they announced the album was finished like the first week of March: then we got Hammerhad as a single in May, and the album was then released in June. So based on that late June/Early July would seem the most likely.

But, as Jesus correctly points out, labels are starting to release albums a lot quicker now, due to the threat of leaks. So maybe early June even late May isn't entirely out of the question.

RageAndLov
03-25-2012, 05:09 PM
Remember when Dexter said after the release of RAFRAG that he wanted to release further albums much quicker? That was 4 years ago.

Little_Miss_1565
03-25-2012, 07:15 PM
Remember when Dexter said after the release of RAFRAG that he wanted to release further albums much quicker? That was 4 years ago.

Shit happens sometimes. Wouldn't you rather the album take longer but end up being better?

AllIn All It's Not So Bad
03-25-2012, 07:50 PM
Didn't they rush when they were making Smash?

cool 2 hate 681
03-25-2012, 08:30 PM

yes because they had a deadline by epitaph

Supa
03-25-2012, 08:51 PM
Can't wait for the new album. Hopefully it comes quickly.

Defender
03-25-2012, 11:59 PM
Wouldn't you rather the album take longer but end up being better?

It's not always like this.

Jesus
03-26-2012, 12:17 AM
If i remember RAFRAG's timeline correctly: they announced the album was finished like the first week of March: then we got Hammerhad as a single in May, and the album was then released in June. So based on that late June/Early July would seem the most likely.

But, as Jesus correctly points out, labels are starting to release albums a lot quicker now, due to the threat of leaks. So maybe early June even late May isn't entirely out of the question.

No actually RAFRAG was done the second week of April, they really put that record out surprisingly quickly (2 months after completing it):

http://web.archive.org/web/20080411210514/http://www.offspring.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Offspring.woa/wa/journal?journal=435578

They only lose a bit of time now because of the Japanese tour dates.

zsk
03-26-2012, 01:28 AM
I expect it to be release in august/(late july) then...

keonii7
03-26-2012, 01:56 AM
Sometimes it just comes out when you're not expecting it.

That'spunk for ya.

Dexter_italy
03-26-2012, 02:14 AM
I think next week...

samseby
03-26-2012, 03:40 AM
If that's supposed to be an April Fools' joke it's a week early (give or take) :p

Other than that I hope it turned out the way planned and everybody is gonna be happy with it ... Oops, wait not gonna happen anyway ;)

Degstur Lolland
03-26-2012, 04:30 AM
But, that was in the 90's. Shit has changed.

It's not always like this.
That's for a discussion. They could make something great quickly, but probably not for everyone and it wouldn't stand the test of time. And also, it's the whole album, not just one song.

I KNOW it's very difficult to make a consistent album from every angle. Just look at Splinter and RFRG. Splinter is cool as a whole, but RFRG has some of the strongest songs and vice versa.

So, you should be happy that they want to make it better.

No actually RAFRAG was done the second week of April, they really put that record out surprisingly quickly (2 months after completing it):

http://web.archive.org/web/20080411210514/http://www.offspring.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Offspring.woa/wa/journal?journal=435578

They only lose a bit of time now because of the Japanese tour dates.
Cool info, no reason to be a sceptic now.

They don't lose almost anything. I don't think they are going to master it, personally, and print CDs one by one. :D The work on the artwork started a long time ago. Then, there is a hole after Japan. They could drop Days Go By. And then, another shows start and that's very close I guess. So I'm an optimist for a June. If they don't get unlucky it's going to be like that. Don't know what could happen, they might not like mastering, but I guess they have their professional people.

D0NT
03-26-2012, 06:14 AM
This are some great news!! this made my day, even if it sounds pathetic ;) I hope its out soon enough. The only nice thing of it being released in July would be to give to myself as I bday present. But I want this stuff out as early as possible. And as always I pray that is sounds like their two first albums. I know that is too much to ask for but hey we fans can dream too

RageAndLov
03-26-2012, 07:01 AM
Shit happens sometimes. Wouldn't you rather the album take longer but end up being better?

Why yes of course, I just find it funny how they didn't bother to make it as quickly as they perhaps are capable of. But I don't really mind.

My Name Was Taken
03-26-2012, 07:42 AM
April 20th would be nice. haha. Nah. I think possibly july/august.

Dexter_italy
03-26-2012, 07:53 AM
Do we have a date for when the band started recording? because in the end I don't know if it took really so long as it may seem. they took their time but it wasn't like it took forever.

bighead384
03-26-2012, 07:57 AM
I don't want them to rush it, but when it comes to songs that are as simple as the ones The Offspring writes, you HAVE to expect that people will get impatient that it takes eight years to release two albums.

The wait is unfortunate and well...sucks, but if that's how long it takes, then that's how long it takes.

P.S. Where's TheOldMark? I want my insider information as to when the album will be released, lol.

Biggest offspring fan
03-26-2012, 08:40 AM
Awsome !!!! :D

Degstur Lolland
03-26-2012, 08:46 AM
Do we have a date for when the band started recording? because in the end I don't know if it took really so long as it may seem. they took their time but it wasn't like it took forever.
RFRG 2008 and then I remember them having a bunch of songs/demos? at the end of 2009, but they entered a studio next year, telling us about It's All Good song at the beginning of 2010. It's something over 2 years of studio time, 2.5 at best.

They wanted to have it out in 10.10.2010, but that was probably a joke right? :d So it's like twice delayed. Who knows what songs they scrapped along the way. :D They are capable of doing 3 90's-type records in the time span except that it wouldn't work for various reasons.

If you want more info go to wikipedia.

Little_Miss_1565
03-26-2012, 09:21 AM

You're also presupposing they worked on the album every day during that period. Don't they have their own studio where they were doing a lot of this work? Bands can take their time when they're not paying a studio by the hour. And by "take their time," I mean Noodles can go surfing some days and Dexter can do whatever Dexter likes to do, and Bob Rock's got a busy schedule of his own.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
03-26-2012, 03:54 PM
I think you're on to something...

yellow
03-26-2012, 04:36 PM
Thats awesome that its finished. Im excited to hear it. of course everyone wants the new one now or asap; personally i happy they have new music. god only knows when it will be released, but at least in a matter of time the new album will be out :)
If there is a delay it might be cause they are going to tour europe in the springtime.

Little_Miss_1565
03-26-2012, 05:53 PM
I think you're on to something...

Except that they were paying a studio hourly when they made Smash. Of course they had to rush.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
03-26-2012, 07:29 PM
Except that they were paying a studio hourly when they made Smash. Of course they had to rush.
That was primarily a joke. I'm fairly certain AllIn All It's Not So Bad was also saying that for humor.

Dexter_italy
03-26-2012, 11:47 PM
You're also presupposing they worked on the album every day during that period. Don't they have their own studio where they were doing a lot of this work? .

No I'm not. I just asked if they ever did say something like "this week we're gonna stard recording". Never said, presupposed or pretended that they worked on it every single day.

Bands can take their time when they're not paying a studio by the hour. And by "take their time," I mean Noodles can go surfing some days and Dexter can do whatever Dexter likes to do, and Bob Rock's got a busy schedule of his own

I know that people have lives... I just wanted to know if there was a "period of creation"

Gregmau5
03-27-2012, 12:23 AM
Finally it is done. Shouldn't have to wait too long, but I know it will be worth the wait.;)

BagOfShenanigans
03-27-2012, 05:37 AM
Thank you for the update, sir.

cool 2 hate 681
03-27-2012, 12:30 PM
kroq posted about the new album being done and lex land on the voice

http://kroq.radio.com/2012/03/26/offspring-ninth-record-finished-reality-tv-run-over-for-offsprings-offspring-offspring-reveal-that-ninth-record-is-finished-reality-tv-run-finished-for-offsprings-offspring/

it's also on nme http://www.nme.com/news/the-offspring/62856

Degstur Lolland
03-27-2012, 01:54 PM
lal, we know far more than in those articles.

Lex Land is a workable material with plenty of potential. But, she is probably tough, not really a barbie pop star, but she needs to show up somewhere for visibility. Not liking a tattoo and she weighs too much, however she looked very pretty in her match. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tofDq0dSYaM