PDA

View Full Version : Ixnay or Americana?

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
03-30-2012, 01:52 PM
Pitting albums against each other is once again starting to be accepted around here again, so I guess this is my contribution. Someone else also suggested this match-up in another thread.

So what do you guys think?

I prefer Ixnay. I like it's overall sound better. I love the songs Mota, Cool To Hate, The Meaning of Life, Amazed, Change The World, Gone Away, All I Want, and Way Down The Line.

On Americana there are fewer songs that I enjoy that much. There's The Kids Aren't Alright, Americana, Pay The Man, and The End of the Line.

So basically there's 8 songs on Ixnay that I love verses about 4 or 5 that I love on Americana.

I also really like "Disclaimer" much more than "Welcome".

Llamas
03-30-2012, 02:05 PM
This is a closer match for me than the other two comparisons (RFRG and Ignition are in my top 3 albums, and Smash and Splinter are in my bottom 3...) Ixnay is #2 and Americana is #4. Americana is a very good concept album, and is easily their most cohesive album. The story it tells is well done, and the album flows really great. It was my first Offspring album, bought it back in 1999 when I was just turning 15. Pay the Man is the best song they've ever written, and songs like Have You Ever?, Staring at the Sun, TKAA, The End of the Line, and Americana are just simply incredible.

Ixnay was the second Offspring album I bought, though, and it's also full of awesome songs like Meaning of Life, Mota, Cool to Hate, Way Down the Line, Amazed, Change the World, Gone Away, I Choose, All I Want... really, it's almost the entire album. I'm kinda neutral toward Don't Pick it Up and Me and My Old Lady... but the important thing here is that Ixnay only has one song I don't like: Leave It Behind. Americana has Pretty Fly, Feelings, She's Got Issues, and WDYGAJ? So Ixnay wins for me.

Gregmau5
03-30-2012, 06:00 PM
Where did all of these album vs album threads come from all of a sudden?

I voted for Ixnay anyway. It's a much stronger album.

BagOfShenanigans
03-30-2012, 06:15 PM
Ixnay.

Great songs, and even the filler was interesting. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxtmQDCyLE8)

Defender
03-31-2012, 12:59 AM
These polls are getting harder and harder! Americana = Ixnay :confused:

Bejka
04-01-2012, 03:57 AM
Ixnay :cool:

Pablon
04-05-2012, 05:18 PM
Ixnay on The Hombre. No doubts about it.

Degstur Lolland
04-05-2012, 05:48 PM
These albums like Ixnay and Ignition are so lovable and it's very difficult to demote them against Americana or Smash, but it must be done. :D

cool 2 hate 681
04-06-2012, 12:06 PM
I had to go with Americana it was the first cd I ever bought