PDA

View Full Version : I'm sure no one remembers me, but I'm back.

EMehl6
04-03-2012, 11:00 PM
Hello again, everyone!

After a 3 year absence, I'm back. I'm pretty stoked about the new album, and I'm in the last semester of finishing my degree in engineering; so rather than pulling a Cornell and jumping off a bridge due to stress, I figure I'll rejoin the BBS community.

Degstur Lolland
04-03-2012, 11:15 PM
Don't be so sure.

And you totally educated yourself so you can show off now.

EMehl6
04-03-2012, 11:20 PM
Haha I guess we'll see.

But I've never been a show-offy kinda guy, so yeah. I just know that I always got along pretty well with the people on the board and enjoyed the conversations; and I figured since the new album is upon us and I needed something to distract me from school a little, it'd be a good idea to come back. Plus, I've never been very good at social situations (I know, a socially retarded engineer. Who'd have guessed?), so this kinda thing works great for me.

0r4ng3
04-03-2012, 11:56 PM
Oh hey, I do kinda remember you! Welcome back. Absolutely nothing of interest happened in those 3 years.

Llamas
04-04-2012, 06:13 AM
I recognize your screen name, and funny enough - last night, I read through that old "Play!!!" thread and I saw your name and thought, "Hey, I remember Emehl6... but I don't remember anything about him or where he went... huh." Did you use to post in Your Band a lot or something? Or GOD?

Isolated Fury
04-04-2012, 06:41 AM
I recognize your screen name, and funny enough - last night, I read through that old "Play!!!" thread...
I hope you aren't talking about the thread where you entered the first couple lines of lyrics and people guessed the song.

EMehl6
04-04-2012, 12:26 PM
Oh hey, I do kinda remember you! Welcome back. Absolutely nothing of interest happened in those 3 years.

Awesome. And thank you! Well now that we're going to have a new album soon, maybe things will pick up again. The board was pretty entertaining when I left.

I recognize your screen name, and funny enough - last night, I read through that old "Play!!!" thread and I saw your name and thought, "Hey, I remember Emehl6... but I don't remember anything about him or where he went... huh." Did you used to post in Your Band a lot or something? Or GOD?

I posted a good bit in GOD. I may have posted in Play a few times. I am a sucker for finishing lyrics of songs I like haha.

Llamas
04-04-2012, 03:50 PM
I hope you aren't talking about the thread where you entered the first couple lines of lyrics and people guessed the song.
I am. Is that a terrible thing?

I posted a good bit in GOD. I may have posted in Play a few times. I am a sucker for finishing lyrics of songs I like haha.

Huh, I'm not sure what I remember you for, then, but for some reason I remember thinking you were cool and having good conversations with you... wish I could remember...

coke_a_holic
04-04-2012, 04:09 PM
I'm sure no one remembers me, but I'm black.

EMehl6
04-04-2012, 04:17 PM
Huh, I'm not sure what I remember you for, then, but for some reason I remember thinking you were cool and having good conversations with you... wish I could remember...

I also posted a lot in off topic stuff, like politics and other bands. I do remember having some good conversations with you and others in there. You were one of the people with whom one could have a solid debate on differing opinions and not resort to name calling. Those are the best kind.

I'm sure no one remembers me, but I'm black.

I see what you did there.

EMehl6
04-04-2012, 06:00 PM
Also:

HOLY FUCK WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS PLACE!!!???

It's pretty much dead. It used to be so full of life and entertainment, but apparently that has all gone away (no pun intended) in my three-year absence. I could be a self-righteous dick and claim it's because I left, but I'd only be totally lying.

More importantly, what the fuck happened to the politics forum? There's like 3 threads in there. The fuck?

RageAndLov
04-04-2012, 06:48 PM
Also:

HOLY FUCK WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS PLACE!!!???

It's pretty much dead. It used to be so full of life and entertainment, but apparently that has all gone away (no pun intended) in my three-year absence. I could be a self-righteous dick and claim it's because I left, but I'd only be totally lying.

More importantly, what the fuck happened to the politics forum? There's like 3 threads in there. The fuck?

RAFRAG got old, people lost interest in the band, pretty much like you I guess.

Degstur Lolland
04-04-2012, 08:30 PM
Ask Bighead, he knows what happened to this place.

bighead384
04-04-2012, 09:33 PM
How do you know anything about me?

It's occasionally entertaining here. There might be a lot of reasons, but a lot of people are too cool to make threads. Coming here is embarrassing enough for them, making threads is out of the question.

It also seems as though taking a political or philosophical discussion on The Offspring BBS too seriously is below a lot of people now.

Isolated Fury
04-05-2012, 06:51 AM
I am. Is that a terrible thing?
Not necessarily. The devil made that thread, though.

EMehl6, apparently there was big drama between the site and the regular posters. It's not a big deal. With the popularization of Facebook emerging, it was bound to happen sooner or later. It just so happened to be sooner. Also, Facebook emerged as a norm throughout the populace. If you think about it, it's just one big, slightly more interactive BBS that attaches entitlements over topics and pictures and whatnot. I disappeared and came back from a three year break - similar to you. You just kind of adjust to how this place operates now. If you still find it enjoyable, you stick around. If not, you go about your life.

And Mike, I miss that big, black ass of yours.

personal_loans_1
04-05-2012, 12:02 PM
Hey EMehl6, unfortunately it's impossible for me to remember you from the remote past, but I remember you from now on what should compensate it at least a little. Hope you understand.

Llamas
04-05-2012, 12:06 PM
How do you know anything about me?

Hau are you surprised that HAU knows everything about you? The dude has been coming back to the bbs with new accounts non-stop since he was banned years ago. He gets banned and makes a new one. He's beyond obsessed with this place. He put in the time and effort to find nude photos of women who resembled 1565 and me. I think his obsession with the bbs is worse than your obsession with 1565.

Not necessarily. The devil made that thread, though.
You mean JohnnyNemesis is the devil? Hmm, makes sense. I always figured the devil was black.

Isolated Fury
04-05-2012, 12:40 PM
You mean JohnnyNemesis is the devil? Hmm, makes sense. I always figured the devil was black.
Ah. I thought you meant this (http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22870&highlight=play). Not this (http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30739).

Llamas
04-05-2012, 01:47 PM
Ah. I thought you meant this (http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22870&highlight=play). Not this (http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30739).

Huh, I never realized there were two threads. I might've been looking at the one made by that other guy, but I dunno who he is.

Lord Phidias
04-05-2012, 02:52 PM
Hau are you surprised that HAU knows everything about you?... He put in the time and effort to find nude photos of women who resembled 1565 and me. I think his obsession with the bbs is worse than your obsession with 1565.

Hawt. :cool:

Little_Miss_1565
04-05-2012, 03:27 PM

Why does this not surprise me?

JohnnyNemesis
04-05-2012, 04:25 PM
Huh, I never realized there were two threads. I might've been looking at the one made by that other guy, but I dunno who he is.

kamikaze is IF's baby-mama if I'm correct? The one who talked about how much she enjoyed anal sex?

Isolated Fury
04-05-2012, 04:33 PM
kamikaze is the devil if I'm correct? The one who talked about how much she enjoyed anal sex, ruining IF's credit, and trying to take his daughter away from him?
Fixed it for you.

Llamas
04-05-2012, 04:39 PM
Gross. Seriously, after all that explanation and just when we're all giving you another chance? I don't care if you were "joking" or not, either. Still adds to the previous opinion people got of you because of the Girl Magnet thread.

kamikaze is IF's baby-mama if I'm correct? The one who talked about how much she enjoyed anal sex?
Ahhh, right. I did read that thread recently (for the first time).

Fixed it for you.
:-/ You were pretty mean to her in that thread, though, tbh.

Isolated Fury
04-05-2012, 04:48 PM
:-/ You were pretty mean to her in that thread, though, tbh.
I teased her to get her to shut up. She wondered why nobody would drop the topic, and she just kept posting and keeping it going. That doesn't warrant her actions 3-4 years later - including abandoning a house I bought with her and forcing me into a custody battle egged on by her... lover with which she cheated on me.

Actually, I'm going to stop talking about this. Otherwise, I'll piss myself off for the rest of the night. Group hug, guys.

Llamas
04-05-2012, 04:54 PM
I teased her to get her to shut up. She wondered why nobody would drop the topic, and she just kept posting and keeping it going. That doesn't warrant her actions 3-4 years later - including abandoning a house I bought with her and forcing me into a custody battle egged on by her... lover with which she cheated on me.

Actually, I'm going to stop talking about this. Otherwise, I'll piss myself off for the rest of the night. Group hug, guys.

Boo, sorry it got brought up. And sorry you went through that. But glad you made it through and things seem pretty good for ya now :)

How 'bout that 1337 orgy that was being discussed before? Maybe that'll help you feel better?

Isolated Fury
04-05-2012, 05:06 PM
Boo, sorry it got brought up. And sorry you went through that. But glad you made it through and things seem pretty good for ya now :)

How 'bout that 1337 orgy that was being discussed before? Maybe that'll help you feel better?
It was my own fault. Sorry.

And yes, please! We should start a 1337-orgy roster to keep track of everyone coming (lol).

EMehl6
04-05-2012, 09:45 PM
EMehl6, apparently there was big drama between the site and the regular posters. It's not a big deal. With the popularization of Facebook emerging, it was bound to happen sooner or later. It just so happened to be sooner. Also, Facebook emerged as a norm throughout the populace. If you think about it, it's just one big, slightly more interactive BBS that attaches entitlements over topics and pictures and whatnot. I disappeared and came back from a three year break - similar to you. You just kind of adjust to how this place operates now. If you still find it enjoyable, you stick around. If not, you go about your life.

Thanks for the update! Someone said that absolutely nothing of note happened while I was gone, but apparently I missed a lot of important shit haha.

I'm kind of hoping things pick back up here, because it was a lot of fun having conversations with some of the people here. There was always interesting stuffs being discussed. I say we bring it back!

Hey EMehl6, unfortunately it's impossible for me to remember you from the remote past, but I remember you from now on what should compensate it at least a little. Hope you understand.

I understand haha.

Also, this. Hooray, orgies!