PDA

View Full Version : Anti-Flag "The General Strike"

Outerspaceman21
04-04-2012, 06:10 PM
Just picked up the new Anti-Flag album. I like it. Very typical punk rock, but still really catchy and enjoyable.

Rooster
04-05-2012, 02:33 AM
Yeah, it's not gonna break any new grounds. But you don't expect that from Anti-Flag. What you expect from them is fast, energetic, melodic and catchy punk rock with tons of hooks. And they deliver precisely that :)

I picked it up too, and I like it a hell of a lot more than Bright Lights or The People or The Gun (which I loved at first, but I got tired of it extremely quickly). This one is much better, sounds more inspired. I might still like For Blood and Empire better, but this is a really good album.

jacknife737
04-11-2012, 05:51 PM
I didn't have very high expectations for the record, since their last two have been especially underwhelming, but i was pleasantly surprised.

Lyrics are still not the band's strongest point, but the songs were all fast, short and catchy: all i ever really wanted from them.

"This is the New Sound" and "Ghosts of Alexandria" are my favorites at the moment.

Jojan
04-13-2012, 03:57 PM
Might see Anti-Flag this summer.

samseby
04-14-2012, 01:29 AM
It ain't that bad.
Still like 'Broken Bones' best ;)

Thought about seeing them too but am not sure where yet and if I can actually make it the next weeks :(

Outerspaceman21
04-16-2012, 02:54 AM
Right now the song I'm digging the most is "Ranks of the Masses Rising". The chorus is really catchy.

frunsi
04-24-2012, 03:55 AM
Neat album, a bit too much whoa-oh-ing, but that's just personal taste.