PDA

View Full Version : The Future Is Now - Online Campaign / Rally For Early Release!

Angelo
04-06-2012, 12:52 PM
First, I must say that I wasn't entirely sure I should create a new thread for this. However, after reading the last few comments in the other "The Future Is Now" thread (which has digressed to a flag competition :p) I figured a fresh and new thread was the best route to take, considering the idea I'm about to bring up.

I can't - and shouldn't - be the best person to get this thing rolling but I honestly think we should begin an online campaign / rally in the hopes that the band will release "The Future is Now" online - long before they (or the record company) intends to. I'm thinking either as an early online single (for sale) or as a free download.

It's pretty obvious that everyone loves the full live clip we've heard of the song. I want the studio version and I want it now! <-- That is said with a smile - not with an entitled or underappreciative tone.

So, in the hopes that people feel the same and therefor agree with me, I think we should start an online campaign to get that badboy released early, online.

What say you, fellow 'springers?!

If somebody has an idea as to the best way to promote this or help make this happen, please work your magic!

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
04-06-2012, 01:05 PM
I don't know. It might not be entirely up to the band. If it were, that'd be pretty rad to hear it early.

My Name Was Taken
04-06-2012, 01:11 PM
Are they even done with it? I thought they were still fine tuning?

MAXTER
04-06-2012, 01:20 PM
If somebody has an idea as to the best way to promote this or help make this happen, please work your magic!

you must be patient and trust in what the band do!!! ;)

Llamas
04-06-2012, 01:21 PM
Recording is done. They're not fine-tuning anything.

That said, the fewer songs I hear before I can listen to the entire album, the better. I prefer a whole set of new songs, than four "old" ones and some new ones. I like to keep the anticipation pure til the album drops. I've avoided listening to studio versions of songs before release with both Splinter and RFRG, so I plan to do the same with this one.

Little_Miss_1565
04-06-2012, 01:33 PM
If they pick this song as the radio single, it could get released before the album - a lot of bands and labels do that. However, I'm not sure why they'd release this one for free, other than wish fulfillment. Looking forward to finding out what happens next.

hshduppsnt
04-06-2012, 01:45 PM
If they pick this song as the radio single, it could get released before the album - a lot of bands and labels do that. However, I'm not sure why they'd release this one for free, other than wish fulfillment. Looking forward to finding out what happens next.

agreed but if last album speaks to anything (and it probably doesn't but whatever) wasn't hammerhead the first song they played live? so my guess is you will find a way or days go by or whatever that song is actually called at this point will be the first single

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
04-06-2012, 01:50 PM
If they release it early, I'm now actually considering waiting to hear the album in its full form. It's like a Christmas present when you're little, it's really hard to wait, but it's definitely worth it and a much better surprise if you didn't get any hints along the way.

RageAndLov
04-06-2012, 06:43 PM
Recording is done. They're not fine-tuning anything.

That said, the fewer songs I hear before I can listen to the entire album, the better. I prefer a whole set of new songs, than four "old" ones and some new ones. I like to keep the anticipation pure til the album drops. I've avoided listening to studio versions of songs before release with both Splinter and RFRG, so I plan to do the same with this one.

I agree with this. We should all start an online petition in order to make the band withhold all the songs until the album is fully released.

Degstur Lolland
04-06-2012, 09:35 PM
Well, fine-tuning, they are probably at mastering stage.

It seems like we are living the age where we get new songs from live performances. We did get 4 with RFRG IIRC.

But, digital single is an interesting idea, I must admit.

DGB could be the 1st single like Hammerhead was. But then we have My girlfriend is a bitch song that asks to be the 1st single. TFIN could be a single, but it's a long song like DGB. Maybe OC Guns could be shorter and single material.

BagOfShenanigans
04-06-2012, 10:14 PM
Well, fine-tuning, they are probably at mastering stage.

It seems like we are living the age where we get new songs from live performances. We did get 4 with RFRG IIRC.

But, digital single is an interesting idea, I must admit.

DGB could be the 1st single like Hammerhead was. But then we have My girlfriend is a bitch song that asks to be the 1st single. TFIN could be a single, but it's a long song like DGB. Maybe OC Guns could be shorter and single material.

Did I miss the airing of several new songs, or are you making broad assumptions of the nature of them?

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
04-06-2012, 10:16 PM
Did I miss the airing of several new songs, or are you making broad assumptions of the nature of them?
Definitely the latter.

Degstur Lolland
04-06-2012, 10:27 PM
Well, My girlfriend is a bitch or that caboose/achoo stuff really asks for it, doesn't it?

OC Guns, I feel like this could be a single. They are confident about it, they released the title and it looks kinda appealing. Tiki Tiki stuff. You guys expect only 4 minute songs?

Blitz!
04-07-2012, 01:16 PM
wasn't hammerhead the first song they played live?

Actually, it was Half-Truism
This song is so awesome, my favourite on the album. It's a pity the band didn't do more with it.

Superdope
04-07-2012, 01:21 PM
This song is so awesome, my favourite on the album. It's a pity the band didn't do more with it.

Nope, they debuted Hammerhead in Japan in 2007

Jojan
04-07-2012, 01:39 PM

Why are you such a booze-head Blitz!?

taku2
04-08-2012, 01:58 AM
I covered it!
The Future Is Now(Full instrumental cover):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkhSfCn5xGg

Really cool song:eek:

samseby
04-08-2012, 02:01 AM
Well, others do it too, so why not? Could generally be good promotion for a new album ....
Don't know how this works in the "business-world" though! :p

GamerKT
04-08-2012, 02:19 AM
I covered it!
The Future Is Now(Full instrumental cover):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkhSfCn5xGg

Really cool song:eek:

Very nice.

slagod
04-08-2012, 02:24 AM
I like the cover :D

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
04-08-2012, 02:46 PM
The cover is great. If the real version sound that good, I'll be more than pleased.

hshduppsnt
04-08-2012, 06:24 PM
I'm going to refrain from listening to the cover for my own sake but, seeing as how Dexter posted the lyrics to this song in the other thread, I'm now leaning towards this probably being the first single (Which would be all kinds of awesome)

BagOfShenanigans
04-08-2012, 06:31 PM
I'm just going to avoid listening to any more new songs until the album comes out..

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
04-08-2012, 11:13 PM
That's not a half bad idea. I'm doing that too, starting now. Clicking a link to any new song will now be considered sinful to me.

Defender
04-10-2012, 02:38 PM
A surprise is always better. I had heard "Rise and fall,rage and grace" before I bought it. And that is a mistake I don't want to make again...

brothadave79
04-10-2012, 04:38 PM
I'm going to listen to every song as soon as I can and buy the album when it comes out.