PDA

View Full Version : How to cope with grief...!

TheJakes84
04-06-2012, 11:04 PM
Does anyone here know how? I'm so sad to even start off a thread about it. It's like my whole existence is empty and I cannot find my way to the light. Please help me out by wisdom or anything....then everything will be ok. It shall take me like two years to actually accept it, my mother's death. Haven't gone to visit her and leave her some pretty flowers. I will the next time. :( She was my one and only sun shine, my whole world, my loveable existance, my best friend, my father misses her dearly; but I know we must move on and look forward to the years passing us by. I hate every pathetic holiday. Special x-mas/Her B-Day & Mother's Day. For the final and last time thank yous. :) RIP <3333

T-6005
04-06-2012, 11:26 PM
Grief generally describes a state where you lose someone. Who have you lost?

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
04-06-2012, 11:37 PM
I love my Mother. Rest in peace :(

Well there's this.

T-6005
04-06-2012, 11:39 PM
Yeah, I mostly got this.

404 Page Not Found

It was anticlimactic.

I suppose that while I'm taking time away from being a huge jackass, I should that I'm incredibly sorry, and that there is no real way to deal with this kind of grief.

Although drinking helps, and going through the grieving rituals helps too. Where I'm from, it's pretty standard. We get together and tell raunchy and hilarious stories about the deceased. Almost invariably a great time, usually followed by singing.

TheJakes84
04-06-2012, 11:51 PM
Thank you, I just hope your decent knowledge can help me look forward to continue with life. But will I ever see my Mother again?

T-6005
04-06-2012, 11:55 PM
It does seem unlikely.

TheJakes84
04-07-2012, 12:09 AM
i believe in god in jesus christ name that we will be reunited again. my mother meant the world to me and i love my father/family.

Llamas
04-07-2012, 07:00 AM
And then Sin Studly and Ninth show up to make fun of this guy's dead mom.

Isolated Fury
04-07-2012, 08:58 AM
And then Sin Studly and Ninth show up to make fun of this guy's dead mom.
I was just thinking the same exact thing. Field day.

randman21
04-07-2012, 04:00 PM
Sooo...is this iPunk?

Either way, I'm sorry for your loss. There is bereavement counseling, which I can't personally recommend, but I'd do it if I could. All you can really do in the end is "take it one day at a time". I'm sure you've heard that plenty of times already, but what it meant to me was try not to think of what your life will be without her, and just focus on getting through today for a while. Soon enough, it will become easier to deal with.

Lord Phidias
04-07-2012, 05:00 PM
When the pain is too much that you can't do your regular activities, thanatology oriented therapy is always recomended. I'm sorry for your loss, but things will get better, you will carry on with your life, though you will never forget.

Llamas
04-07-2012, 05:06 PM
i am truley sorry for your lots.

mrconeman
04-07-2012, 05:12 PM
how much does your pile of dea...

no I can't.

TheJakes84
04-07-2012, 09:48 PM
Thank you guys! I look forward on living life and I do apologize for being a little shy about it but no I wasn't tryna be a self-seek-attention troll. You folks seem to be real and down to earth and of course humble. I will take your knowledge into consideration. No more thoughts of commiting suicide. Only time will tell when I finally get too see the light. No more darkness. I love you. take care. sorry, for my not-so-perfect-grammar. :o

UgLy_eLf
04-08-2012, 05:29 PM
My mom died two weeks before my 21st birthday, needless to say I drank too much I did too many drugs and I got so thin, so sick, and completely worthless to everyone around me. Eventually I stopped hurting myself for no apparent reason and turned to my friends. Go to those who are close to you and surround yourself with them. Talk with them, cry, scream do what ever you feel like. Get it out. I cant say that you'll never see your mother again, I dont feel that I'll see mine but I have more than enough memories to suffice. It'll get better, but it'll still hurt from time to time.

Omni
04-09-2012, 07:03 AM
Sooo...is this iPunk?

Either way, I'm sorry for your loss. There is bereavement counseling, which I can't personally recommend, but I'd do it if I could. All you can really do in the end is "take it one day at a time". I'm sure you've heard that plenty of times already, but what it meant to me was try not to think of what your life will be without her, and just focus on getting through today for a while. Soon enough, it will become easier to deal with.

Sound words, TheJakes. This is a man who knows a thing or two about real loss.

i am truley sorry for your lots.

God, I love you.

TheJakes84
04-11-2012, 01:54 AM
My mom died two weeks before my 21st birthday, needless to say I drank too much I did too many drugs and I got so thin, so sick, and completely worthless to everyone around me. Eventually I stopped hurting myself for no apparent reason and turned to my friends. Go to those who are close to you and surround yourself with them. Talk with them, cry, scream do what ever you feel like. Get it out. I cant say that you'll never see your mother again, I dont feel that I'll see mine but I have more than enough memories to suffice. It'll get better, but it'll still hurt from time to time.

oh-my-gosh! i am so sorry for yours. in every family goes through this because not one is lucky enough to have all members. lives are short. and i thought life was a great blessing. but i hope you get to see your mommy again. i know i'm still hoping for mines. take care. <3 -Mary.