View Full Version : I'm Easy

mrconeman
04-15-2012, 06:02 AM
Like Sunday Morning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtzNA02E0jA
http://soundcloud.com/ciaran-lyttle/ciaran-lyttle-easy-commodores

Llamas
04-15-2012, 06:06 AM
Is that the same keyboard you've had for a few years? And I didn't know you had a bass. I'm guessing the drums are programmed?

Anyway, I think this is the first thing of yours I've heard where you recorded all the instruments yourself - very nice! And your singing - last I remember, you were super shy about it and unconfident - you've come a long way!! :)

mrconeman
04-15-2012, 06:10 AM
That keyboard I had for a few years was really my brothers, and when he moved out, it went with him! I upgraded though, that one was only like 3 octaves or something, the one I have now is the full 88 key size of a piano
(I also got it for fucking ridiculously cheap, I felt like a robber)

Thanks though! I'm still really shy and not confident in my singing (I had to wait until there was nobody in the house to record them selfesteemtrolololol) but I think I can sing now, I just don't really feel comfortable doing it, definitely not in front of others

And yes, the drums are programmed, which is why they suckkkkk :(!:(!:(! I'm thinking of getting a midi drum set, I honestly think I'd do better actually playing the drum parts, I suck at programming. Oh and the bass is actually my sisters, she can be heard on the backing "Aahhhh's" too!

Thanks for listening!

Llamas
04-15-2012, 06:19 AM
That keyboard I had for a few years was really my brothers, and when he moved out, it went with him! I upgraded though, that one was only like 3 octaves or something, the one I have now is the full 88 key size of a piano
(I also got it for fucking ridiculously cheap, I felt like a robber)
Okay, I definitely thought this keyboard looked bigger/nicer, but I wasn't sure if I was remembering wrong, considering I think all I saw of the last one was you learning to play Imagine or something. :) I really want a keyboard like that... on my list for when I finally have money and get out of debt!

Thanks though! I'm still really shy and not confident in my singing (I had to wait until there was nobody in the house to record them selfesteemtrolololol) but I think I can sing now, I just don't really feel comfortable doing it, definitely not in front of others
I can hear/sense your shyness, for sure. You absolutely can sing, though - especially for this kind of song, your voice works perfectly. The confidence will come in time!

And yes, the drums are programmed, which is why they suckkkkk :(!I'm thinking of getting a midi drum set, I honestly think I'd do better actually playing the drum parts, I suck at programming. Oh and the bass is actually my sisters, she can be heard on the backing "Aahhhh's" too!

Regarding the drums sucking, yeah... haha, that's unfortunately the only weak part of the track. Not that I'm judging, especially considering I have zero talent for programming drums, either. And I'm with you in that I think I'd be much better at just playing the parts myself. And yep, I hear your sister now. :)

I totally think that you should've gone the whole 9 yards with having each instrument have a different "character". I know it's been done before, but I think it can be done really well, and you kinda did it a bit - next time, you should go all out ;)

mrconeman
04-15-2012, 09:40 AM
Okay, I definitely thought this keyboard looked bigger/nicer, but I wasn't sure if I was remembering wrong, considering I think all I saw of the last one was you learning to play Imagine or something. :) I really want a keyboard like that... on my list for when I finally have money and get out of debt!

Haha, yeah I remember that. Unfortunately because my brother took that keyboard, there was a break of about a year and a half where I didn't play any keys at all, so I basically went back to the start, Easy is about the hardest thing I can play now, and it's not a hard song! That keyboard is amazing though, I love it so much. I bought it from my uncle's friend (who makes dance music/techno) for 50 which is just insane, the guy paid 300 for it originally. Apparently he does this all the time, buys expensive gear, sells it for really cheap, and buys an even more expensive replacement. I even offered him more money.

I can hear/sense your shyness, for sure. You absolutely can sing, though - especially for this kind of song, your voice works perfectly. The confidence will come in time!
Aw, shucks :).

Regarding the drums sucking, yeah... haha, that's unfortunately the only weak part of the track. Not that I'm judging, especially considering I have zero talent for programming drums, either. And I'm with you in that I think I'd be much better at just playing the parts myself. And yep, I hear your sister now. :)
It's definitely my weak point (programming drums), but my brother is like a genius at that stuff (he done that and the production of my old track The Blue Marble and I played the instruments) so I'm gunna have to get him to show me. And yeah, my sisters a pretty good musician now, it's weird having taught her how to play the guitar, and now she's gigging.
(p.s. you might leiiek dis http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G21sCfMEXUo&context=C4a7ca2eADvjVQa1PpcFN8kGVJhMmx3uR6inqwgvkA QZbsKlSw2Ws= )

I totally think that you should've gone the whole 9 yards with having each instrument have a different "character".
Haha, I was sort of trying to, I didn't really know what else to do. I considered having captions and giving each of them a character name or something.

AllIn All It's Not So Bad
04-15-2012, 10:32 AM
I liked the cover. Very well done. However...that suit...WINNING!!!

I wanna hear some vocals on that reggae track you got

Lord Phidias
04-15-2012, 11:16 PM
You sure can sing, dawg! Just practice, I've improved a lot when I started singing in the shower, regardless of my family listening to my singing, sometimes my mother even gave me tips, lol! And when I come back from my gf's house kinda late, I walk to take the subway, I listen to the ipod, Offspring songs, and sing, with those fucking high pitched notes and all out loud. Try it, it helps with shyness and in improving your voice. :)