PDA

View Full Version : The Offspring in The Cleveland Show

AllIn All It's Not So Bad
04-15-2012, 06:51 PM
So I was watching FOX's Cleveland show(which is funny sometimes and other times just STOOPID) and they played a short clip of the Offspring's Original Prankster. I just wanted to discuss a couple of things

1) I forgot: I'll post again when I remember it

2) Do you guys think Redman should have had a part where he could rap? I found myself imagining different ways of how he could have rapped over it. Maybe just him with the drums, drums+main riff, or him+drums+and a funky ass bassline from Greg.

Just found out the episode name is American Prankster for anyone who wants to watch it

Llamas
04-15-2012, 06:53 PM
It's one of the absolute worst songs the band has ever recorded. I try not to think about it.

AllIn All It's Not So Bad
04-15-2012, 06:55 PM
I sort of agree it's so catchy I always find myself singing along to it

BagOfShenanigans
04-15-2012, 06:57 PM
So I was watching FOX's Cleveland show(which is funny sometimes and other times just STOOPID) and they played a short clip of the Offspring's Original Prankster. I just wanted to discuss a couple of things

1) I forgot: I'll post again when I remember it

2) Do you guys think Redman should have had a part where he could rap? I found myself imagining different ways of how he could have rapped over it. Maybe just him with the drums, drums+main riff, or him+drums+and a funky ass bassline from Greg.

Just found out the episode name is American Prankster for anyone who wants to watch it

Well, if they were gonna go mainstream with the song, they may as well have gone all of the way. Redman isn't that bad, and I'm sure the song could have easily accepted a rap verse.
Co1 was my first album, I got it when I was 6. The whole album, despite it's shortcomings, is encased in an impregnable layer of nostalgia. I cannot hate anything about it; though I have tried.

And I eagerly await the day when The offspring will appear in a Family Guy episode, or cut-out. Notwithstanding Dexter's goony acting, I would probably enjoy it.

GamerKT
04-15-2012, 07:36 PM
Um, clip? Link?

Tijs
04-16-2012, 04:38 AM
It's one of the absolute worst songs the band has ever recorded. I try not to think about it.Wrong. I love that song, it always cheers me up. It's super fun. Yeah you're wrong.

BagOfShenanigans
04-16-2012, 05:17 AM
I've recorded a clip of the scene, but I'm a bit iffy about the guidelines in regard to uploading copyrighted stuff.

personal_loans_1
04-16-2012, 05:31 AM
Original Prankster has one of the best music videos ever made. :) I love it.

I wish there was no rap.

BagOfShenanigans
04-16-2012, 05:57 AM
Eh, screw it, here's the link..
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/28228523/Original_Prankster%20-%20Cleveland_Show.avi

samseby
04-16-2012, 06:18 AM
Original Prankster has one of the best music videos ever made. :) I love it.

I wish there was no rap.

One of the 'better' Offspring vids for sure :p but like the "Can't repeat" one and the "Gone away" one even better. Now that I come to think about it the "Defy you" one is good too ;)

Jojan
04-16-2012, 06:21 AM
It felt very strange watching that, as if I was listening to music and watching the episode muted. :-\

Zee
04-16-2012, 08:23 PM
Wrong. I love that song, it always cheers me up. It's super fun. Yeah you're wrong.

Oh YES! Today at work, 4:45am, Original Prankster came from a radio... I must say, I went out of my mind! I was forced to play air guitar throughout the whole song. I hadn't listened to the song for a while, but at that very moment I once again realized how cheery song that is.