PDA

View Full Version : The small battle of singles!

Degstur Lolland
04-18-2012, 10:54 AM
Let the sissy war begin. :D

BagOfShenanigans
04-18-2012, 11:27 AM
Did you mean 'single' as in the whole single? Or just the title track for the single?

As far as entire singles are concerned I would have to say that it's a toss up up between Pretty Fly and Original Prankster.
The Original Prankster single had Staring at the sun (Live), and Come Out Swinging on it; while Pretty fly had a live recording of All I want.

It's a toss up between those two singles. But I'm going to have to say Original Prankster; not only because it's a nice novelty song, but also because of the other great tracks.

If you just meant the title song, then it's probably still Original Prankster. If you had asked me this 6 months ago, I would have voted YGGFK; but certain youtube videos have kinda ruined that song's credibility.
I also have a pathetic, nostalgia-fueled attachment to Original Prankster.

Degstur Lolland
04-18-2012, 11:33 AM
Not the whole single. Just title tracks.

Llamas
04-18-2012, 03:25 PM
Why only these four?

GamerKT
04-18-2012, 03:36 PM
Pretty Fly is a classic, in my opinion. Very fun song.

KTILLA23
04-18-2012, 04:00 PM
For me it's by far YGGFK. Because what i don't like about Original Prankster and Pretty fly is that they are more like fun songs and they seem more main stream. But i think Hit That is a good song but i still go with YGGFK any day.

Titus
04-18-2012, 04:16 PM
I like gonna go far kid more than pretty fly, but if it wasn´t pretty fly it would take me years to hear about the offspring, so I'm going with pretty fly

Tijs
04-18-2012, 04:32 PM
YGGFK for sure, that songs is pure awesome in each and every way. There's no "I like this song even though..." for this one.

Llamas
04-18-2012, 05:26 PM
YGGFK for sure, that songs is pure awesome in each and every way. There's no "I like this song even though..." for this one.

.......and Tijs and Llamas finally agree on something. Is the world ending? ;)

randman21
04-18-2012, 05:27 PM
The only battle with me is between Pretty Fly and YGGFK.

YGGFK is currently the only song I never skip when it comes up on my iPod, and it's a modern day classic. However, after 14 years, I still get blown away at how flawless of a pop song Pretty Fly is every time I listen to it. I think I have to go with Pretty Fly.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
04-18-2012, 05:55 PM
I give it to You're Gonna Go Far, Kid. It's in my top ten favorite songs by them.

I was never a big fan of Original Prankster, or Pretty Fly. I tell myself that I don't like them, but I actually enjoy listening to them whenever I play them. They just don't match up to other Offspring songs in my opinion. They both have solid choruses, but the rest is pretty "meh".

I like Hit That a lot, but not enough to beat YGGFK.

cool 2 hate 681
04-18-2012, 06:38 PM
Same I voted for YGGFK

Degstur Lolland
04-18-2012, 09:27 PM
Why only these four?
The last 4 albums, modern era and it happens to have these 1st singles except YGGFK, but it still belongs here and they are very mainstream and supposed to be successful songs.

I like this song even though...I rated it 9/10. :D I guess it is a bit minimalist and I don't really get minimalism. Or maybe it is too perfect, but not really.

Also, I have a similar thing with A Lot Like Me, I rate it 11/10, it's beyond blowing me away, but something makes me always think that there is something wrong with it, it's like its texture is not fitting or whatever. :D

...really advanced stuff. :D

danitanev
04-19-2012, 12:50 AM
I voted for Pretty Fly - it is the song that grabbed me and made me a fan of The Offspring! But I don't see Come Out And Play here - one of the greatest singles too!

Defender
04-19-2012, 02:10 AM
I love them all. I could vote for all of them. I like "Original Prankster" but it's the less serious track. I love "Hit That"; it's one of my favorites on "Splinter" but keyboards make it be a little dumb. "Pretty Fly" is connected with the Offspring's history and "You 're Gonna Go Far,Kid" is fast and lively. I voted for them.

Tijs
04-19-2012, 06:42 AM
.......and Tijs and Llamas finally agree on something. Is the world ending? ;)tempted to change my vote now... I have to say, in the past few days I had to refrain myself from yet again openly disagreeing with you a couple of times.

Llamas
04-19-2012, 06:51 AM
tempted to change my vote now... I have to say, in the past few days I had to refrain myself from yet again openly disagreeing with you a couple of times.

Haha, on what topics? :D You're my new Paint_it_black, because he and I started agreeing too much... I had been missing this controversy! ;)

samseby
04-19-2012, 07:35 AM
That's easy YGGFK

I give it to You're Gonna Go Far, Kid. It's in my top ten favorite songs by them.

Yup, absolutely ;)

_Way_Down_the_Line_
04-19-2012, 01:20 PM
I voted por Original Prankster, I like YGGFK, but I still like when the bands play Original Prankster live, people really enjoy it like Pretty Fly for a White Guy.

YGGFK is more a go on the bus with your headphones enjoying, and live version is not that great as like OP or Pretty Fly

see yas`

Degstur Lolland
04-19-2012, 01:49 PM
Sorry, no COAP. I was thinking about it, but then what would you pick from Ixnay? So at the end you gotta keep them separated. Old era/modern era. Oh, and Self Esteem comes damn close too.

GamerKT
04-19-2012, 03:57 PM
So at the end you gotta keep them separated.

I see what you did there.

keonii7
04-19-2012, 04:38 PM
Lots of classic songs here, but I'll choose harder songs over upbeat ones any day. YGGFK.