PDA

View Full Version : Today was a weird day at work

Thomas
04-20-2012, 09:57 PM
Aside from the Asian sticking his hand down his pants, the crazy Russian stomping around yelling and ranting on how "ve do not have vhat he needs!", and the sarcastic husband, this guy was definitely the weirdest thing to happen all day.

He buys two pens from me (I work in the office supplies department of my University Bookstore), talking about how these pens are going to prevent pen theft on his Navy ship (I'm not making this up), awkwardly paused, and then asked me "Do you watch YouTube?"

Obviously, this was a silly question, but I indulged him and yes and asked him why, to which he responds, "Oh, I just made my first youtube video. You should check it out!" When he promptly pulled out a small card that read "The BEST youtube video ever! Brian Mello: My First Club Dance!"

He said, "You should tell all of your friends! I'm trying to reach 2,000 hits!"

And, this, my friends, is the video he wanted me to share with all my friends. Watch it in all of its glory. You won't be disappointed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA0q3nfyUDg

XYlophonetreeZ
04-20-2012, 10:05 PM
I thought it was pretty lame. He doesn't look funny or anything- he's just a regular looking guy who decided to make a youtube "hit" because he felt like it was something that anybody could do if they just danced goofily. And 1,023 is a pretty pathetic number of views for a guy who made custom cards and tells everyone he meets about his video, especially considering he made it 2 weeks ago.

WebDudette
04-20-2012, 10:07 PM
Now this guy, this guy knows what he is doing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXYjgHC_Ycw

Llamas
04-21-2012, 05:13 AM
Sounds like a guy trying too hard to be "weird" and "quirky". His dancing wasn't really very funny, nor was it very good. He doesn't seem particularly eccentric, so I'm thinking the odd encounter with him at the shop was very pre-meditated and intentional.

Edit: I loves me some Spandy Andy. That guy's charisma is through the roof. Plus he's got some mad hilarious skillz.

samseby
04-21-2012, 06:49 AM
Not gonna watch it :p

Thomas
04-21-2012, 07:46 AM
Sounds like a guy trying too hard to be "weird" and "quirky". His dancing wasn't really very funny, nor was it very good. He doesn't seem particularly eccentric, so I'm thinking the odd encounter with him at the shop was very pre-meditated and intentional.

Edit: I loves me some Spandy Andy. That guy's charisma is through the roof. Plus he's got some mad hilarious skillz.

Talking to him in person, there was definitely something very...off about him. I could tell he had a screw loose or two. He'd have to be an extremely talented actor to be able to pull off being just the right amount of awkward like he did, and I can't imagine him going through that effort just for this.

jacknife737
04-21-2012, 02:22 PM
The dude's eyes just scream "i want to cut off your face and wear it like a mask".

Llamas
04-21-2012, 02:32 PM
By the way, the guy's name immediately made me think the video might be this, til I realized it wasn't quite the same name. Disappointment ensued. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jw63uz5qmOg