PDA

View Full Version : New Offspring Single And Album

Pages : [1] 2

Castormut
04-23-2012, 07:39 AM
Dexter and Noodles will drop by Los Angeles' KROQ radio this Friday, April 27 to premiere the new Offspring single "Days Go By" in the 7:00 AM hour of the Kevin & Bean morning show. Be sure to tune in to 106.7 in the LA area or visit kroq.radio.com to catch the new song.

"Days Go By" is the first single from the new album of the same name, Days Go By, which will be released in early Summer. Here is a sneak peak of the track listing to whet your appetite...

1) The Future Is Now
2) Secrets From The Underground
3) Days Go By
4) Turning Into You
5) Hurting As One
6) Cruising California (Bumpin' In My Trunk)
7) All I Have Left Is You
8) OC Guns
9) Dirty Magic
10) I Wanna Secret Family (With You)
11) Dividing By Zero
12) Slim Pickens Does The Right Thing And Rides The Bomb To Hell

If you can't wait until Friday, watch the "Days Go By" trailer now...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kPzumOXKsaU

And here is a preview of the "Days Go By" single artwork...

http://offspring.com/news#1

Zee
04-23-2012, 07:39 AM
Tracklist! Woohoo!

"Dexter and Noodles will drop by Los Angeles' KROQ radio this Friday, April 27 to premiere the new Offspring single "Days Go By" in the 7:00 AM hour of the Kevin & Bean morning show. Be sure to tune in to 106.7 in the LA area or visit kroq.radio.com to catch the new song.

"Days Go By" is the first single from the new album of the same name, Days Go By, which will be released in early Summer. Here is a sneak peak of the track listing to whet your appetite...

1) The Future Is Now
3) Days Go By
4) Turning Into You
5) Hurting As One
8) OC Guns
9) Dirty Magic
11) Dividing By Zero

If you can't wait until Friday, watch the "Days Go By" trailer now..."

Dirty Magic. :D Yeees.

Castormut
04-23-2012, 07:40 AM
So, finally neither of those two versions?:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ev6MjVB2HE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dorRJgp6mvo

(I just see the other thread.)

Zee
04-23-2012, 07:52 AM
Ha, yeah, I wasn't about to recognzie the song from those live versions. Sounds different for sure. :p I'd classify as it stadium summer rock. Let's wait for the full version.

ThunderPX
04-23-2012, 07:55 AM
Hmm. First impressions:

- I can't decide whether those track titles are really stupid or really awesome.
- I dig the new Days Go By snippet. I'm guessing that's the chorus--I like it a lot better than the live versions, for sure.
- oh hai autotune, i've missed you

MAXTER
04-23-2012, 08:03 AM
WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW :rolleyes:
I have the flu, but these news (new single, new album tracklist, song preview) This make my day!

Thank you to The Offspring!!!! Never stop to supporting you!!! :rolleyes:

Living in Chaos
04-23-2012, 08:05 AM
OH FUCK YES.

Thats all I can come up with right now.

randman21
04-23-2012, 08:05 AM
I. AM. SO. FUCKING. PUMPEDDDDDD!

To get the negative out of the way first, I think they should have gone with something else for the title of the album. The name is good, but it might be problematic to have the entire album associated with a song that may get a lot of criticism*...but more on that later.

Everything else is just great! "The Future is Now" being the opening track is interesting because it doesn't immediately punch you in the face like Offspring openers usually do, but the rest of the song makes it a very good choice.

That's a pretty solid looking track list, very interesting names. I was hoping for maybe 13 or 14, but who cares? There are 9 brand spankin' new songs which we have no idea how they sound. I didn't even see "Dirty Magic" on the list at first. BOLD move! I honestly didn't expect that.

Just judging by the titles, there are three potential light-hearted/silly songs, but like llamas, I'm kind of hoping for none. I'm especially curious about number 12, though, because one of my nick names is Slim Pickens and I'm going through a similar situation as title suggests.

*By the time I finished typing this, someone will have probably almost mentioned it...but that song in the trailer is not the "Days Go By" that I know. It's 10x better! At least whatever part they're playing is. I don't even recognize it. And it bears no resemblance to Foo Fighters now, so I'm extra excited that this will reduce the number of haters.

They're gonna play Dirty Magic at upcoming concerts. I just know they are. So rad.

Again, so excited. If the big "surprise" Noodles mentioned wasn't Dirty Magic or the new Days Go By, I might just die from the awesomeness of whatever it actually is.

EDIT: Seriously. Days Go By is completely different. And I'm just realizing it's because it's not "You Will Find a Way" anymore. Admittedly, I am starting to get a little sad because the old chorus was my favorite part of the song. But the melody (and HARMONIES) of the new chorus are really, really nice. Oh well. I'll always have the memories of seeing You Will Find a Way live. :D

BagOfShenanigans
04-23-2012, 08:06 AM
I'm sitting here trying to figure out which song(s) are filler.. I've got this feeling about that last song..

momo91
04-23-2012, 08:10 AM
GREAT NEWS!!!

The new version sounds really better to me, the titles are crazy...probabily I would have preferred an other album title but who cares...WE HAVE IT, IT'S TIME TO ROCK AGAIN!!!

Defender
The tracklist is awesome! The studio version of "Days Go By" is so much better!

RonWelty
I need more time to analyze this .... too much information!!!! WOOOW

RonWelty
04-23-2012, 08:15 AM
I. AM. SO. FUCKING. PUMPEDDDDDD!

To get the negative out of the way first, I think they should have gone with something else for the title of the album. The name is good, but it might be problematic to have the entire album associated with a song that may get a lot of criticism*...but more on that later.

Everything else is just great! "The Future is Now" being the opening track is interesting because it doesn't immediately punch you in the face like Offspring openers usually do, but the rest of the song makes it a very good choice.

That's a pretty solid looking track list, very interesting names. I was hoping for maybe 13 or 14, but who cares? There are 9 brand spankin' new songs which we have no idea how they sound. I didn't even see "Dirty Magic" on the list at first. BOLD move! I honestly didn't expect that.

Just judging by the titles, there are three potential light-hearted/silly songs, but like llamas, I'm kind of hoping for none. I'm especially curious about number 12, though, because one of my nick names is Slim Pickens and I'm going through a similar situation as title suggests.

*By the time I finished typing this, someone will have probably almost mentioned it...but that song in the trailer is not the "Days Go By" that I know. It's 10x better! At least whatever part they're playing is. I don't even recognize it. And it bears no resemblance to Foo Fighters now, so I'm extra excited that this will reduce the number of haters.

They're gonna play Dirty Magic at upcoming concerts. I just know they are. So rad.

Again, so excited. If the big "surprise" Noodles mentioned wasn't Dirty Magic or the new Days Go By, I might just die from the awesomeness of whatever it actually is.

EDIT: Seriously. Days Go By is totally different. And I'm just realizing it's because it's not "You Will Find a Way" anymore. Admittedly, I am starting to get a little sad because the old chorus was my favorite part of the song. But the melody (and HARMONIES) of the new chorus are very nice. Oh well. I'll always have the memories of seeing You Will Find a Way live. :D

A) SMASH? AMERICANA? also had song names as album name... I see no problem.

B) BIG SURPRISE - Mariachi song or that Cruising California

Tompo2000
04-23-2012, 08:17 AM
At least a better album title than RAFRAG :p

Mark Rooster
04-23-2012, 08:22 AM
I'm sure I'll love the album. They have yet to disappoint me. Now, whether or not it'll top Rise and Fall, that remains to be seen. But so far it all looks and sounds good.

OffspringDude
04-23-2012, 08:23 AM
Oh wow!

IS Slim Pickens Does The Right Thing And Rides The Bomb To Hell a cover song or something? Found this on Youtube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIXgO2q_Y2E

Supa
04-23-2012, 08:23 AM
sooo pumped!!!

Defender
04-23-2012, 08:24 AM
I was hoping for maybe 13 or 14, but who cares?

I guess the only thing that is a little disappointing but as you said: Who cares? I am sure there'll be a bonus track as always!

By the way, I love the album title! :cool:

holland25
04-23-2012, 08:26 AM
The last song title... is just... long.

Supa
04-23-2012, 08:27 AM
So are we ever going to hear the Dirty Magic with Atom on it?

Dexter_italy
04-23-2012, 08:28 AM
cool. nothing more to say :D like the new version of the song! the old live will become a rare thing :)

Degstur Lolland
04-23-2012, 08:29 AM
Holy hell, whatta update.

randman21
04-23-2012, 08:29 AM
A) SMASH? AMERICANA? also had song names as album name... I see no problem.

No, it's not that. I mean if "Days Go By" is going to be a controversial song, I don't want people to write the whole album off just because of that one song. Smash/Americana had no controversy associated with it, whereas people have already been bitching about "Days Go By" for a while now.

Heh, that doesn't seem to make as much sense now that I'm explaining it, but hey. It's too late now. :)

OffspringDude
04-23-2012, 08:33 AM
So what happened to the song "It's All Good" ?

Dexter_italy
04-23-2012, 08:39 AM

It's gonna be released as B-side with pass me by :D

AllIn All It's Not So Bad
04-23-2012, 08:40 AM
As much as I love the Offspring, I was disappointed when I saw dirty magic. I mean, I'm fuckin pumped for the album but when they said surprise I was REALLY wanting Pass Me By

OffspringDude
04-23-2012, 08:41 AM
Is Dirty Magic the surprise though?

I mean they told us they were re-recording a song from Ignition...so its not really a suprise as such is it? :/

Dexter_italy
04-23-2012, 08:43 AM
fuck pass me by... how can you bitch about a song that if they didn't made it means it wasn't good, most when a new album is gonna be soon released?:cool:

OffspringDude
04-23-2012, 08:45 AM
Yes it is..:)

Dexter and Noodles will drop by Los Angeles' KROQ radio this Friday, April 27 to premiere the new Offspring single "Days Go By" in the 7:00 AM hour of the Kevin & Bean morning show. Be sure to tune in to 106.7 in the LA area or visit kroq.radio.com to catch the new song.

"Days Go By" is the first single from the new album of the same name, Days Go By, which will be released in early Summer.

Little_Miss_1565
04-23-2012, 08:46 AM
So, finally neither of those two versions?:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ev6MjVB2HE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dorRJgp6mvo

(I just see the other thread.)

Look like they rewrote it a bit

Oh wow!

IS Slim Pickens Does The Right Thing And Rides The Bomb To Hell a cover song or something? Found this on Youtube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIXgO2q_Y2E

i dont' think it's a cover so much as a reference.

No, it's not that. I mean if "Days Go By" is going to be a controversial song, I don't want people to write the whole album off just because of that one song. Smash/Americana had no controversy associated with it, whereas people have already been bitching about "Days Go By" for a while now.

Heh, that doesn't seem to make as much sense now that I'm explaining it, but hey. It's too late now. :)

People were bitching about the song because it sounded so close to that Foo Fighters song when we first heard it. It doesn't anymore, so I'm guessing the bitching will stop. :)

Dexter_italy
04-23-2012, 08:47 AM
Yes it is..:)

"Days Go By" is the first single from the new album of the same name, Days Go By, which will be released in early Summer.

Yes I wrote a buch of shit! ahahah sorry! I was to excited and didn't read! :D I still like it :)

Anyway. the controversial song was You will find a way ;) it's changed now and seems good! First time they launch the single as album title

Juzio _PL
04-23-2012, 08:51 AM
When I heard Days Go By for the first time, I was quite disappointed, but when I heard the song in this short clip I'm like "Wow!"

Defender
04-23-2012, 08:52 AM

Maybe it is included in the album to a different song title!

Krojd
04-23-2012, 08:57 AM
The trailer version of Days Go By sounds so dull to me, I like this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dorRJgp6mvo) version so much more :(

Slim Pickens Does The Right Thing And Rides The Bomb To Hell (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEZnI8AaC60)

bighead384
04-23-2012, 09:11 AM
Oh ok. It's You Will Find A Way but radically different. Thank god.

I hope that last one isn't some quirky novelty song and is actually a real song. I mean, this is still pretty much a punk rockish band. I want at least 11 new songs.

Bejka
04-23-2012, 09:17 AM
O-oh, the song title "All I have left is you" sounds like "Fix you", PLEASE NO!

But FINALLY, new single this friday awwwwwww!!! :)

DMelges
04-23-2012, 09:19 AM
OMG once I saw this I almost started jumping like a little girl

What an awesome update. This will be an awesome week for me, my birthday, new offspring song AND The Avengers. Wow.

Alright now about the new album. I'm kinda nervous about these new "joke" songs, which I can only assume that's what they are. But I'm sure I'll like them once I hear them. And I was also hoping for 15 songs, but that's ok. Quality is more important than quantity.

Can't wait. Days Go By is an interesting choice for an album name, and the song, oh wow the song sounds orgasmic.

hshduppsnt
04-23-2012, 09:24 AM
wow that song really seems to have changed over time...
and dirty magic on the new album nice, but I hope that means all the rest of them are real songs.

Interesting choice though going with the slightly slower song as the first single... wonder why that is.

Well... I'm excited.

randman21
04-23-2012, 09:30 AM
O-oh, the song title "All I have left is you" sounds like "Fix you", PLEASE NO!

I say PLEASE YESSS! :cool: But honestly, I don' think it will be like "Fix You" and I don't think there will be more than one "joke" song, if there even is one. I just feel it.

I can't stop thinking about "I Wanna Secret Family (With You)". How can it not be a joke song? Yet, I'm hoping for some scathing social commentary about politicians.

DMelges
04-23-2012, 09:32 AM
Kinda hard to take a name like "I Wanna Secret Family (With You)" seriously right? But let's see, Offspring never dissapoint.

I'm very curious to hear the "super hero" song Dexter was talking about.

Degstur Lolland
04-23-2012, 09:33 AM
It's a long song, there must be some You'll find a way. :D

Then, I get some Can't Get My (Head Around U) moments, twice.

Dividing by 0 is infinity. *puts on my nerd glasses*

Slim Pickens, long title, longer song? Anti-war? Another reference song like TFIN.

Dirty Magic is the surprise. Must be! Dexter told us, but Noodles could call it a surprise.

Give us a bonus track because of Dirty Magic. :D Pass Me By would be awesome.

The 1st 5 songs go nice, I see the pattern and they are serious.

Bumpin' in my track, funny title, llamas gonna love it. :D

All I have Left is U, could be death song?

And I wanna secret familly with Dexter, Ron too. :D :d

The albums called DGB, I can take it. Nice single artwork.

DGB sounds great. Very realist, a bit transparent with some grey and blue a bit. :d Drums are fairly loud. Nice vocals, love them.

Artem
04-23-2012, 09:34 AM
http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Days_Go_By_(Альбом)

samseby
04-23-2012, 09:36 AM
Hmm. First impressions: [...]
- I can't decide whether those track titles are really stupid or really awesome. [...]

I'm with you ;)
Other than that: Finally :):p

hshduppsnt
04-23-2012, 09:37 AM
btw - nerd point here -

as a Math / Engineer / CS person the "dividing by zero" song title makes me happy.

edit: as for the joke songs, if they're done well they could be classics so I'm not actually
opposed to them at all.

edit2: nerd moment 2 - 5 seconds into trailer video I love that interspersed through all
the album stuff on the wall is presumably the cockpit of his airplane (if not then its a little
baffling that its the cockpit display of a random airplane)

Walla_Walla 93
04-23-2012, 10:05 AM
Tracks look solid, Dirty Magic is a sick song. Good idea to bring it back now could be a hit.
The snippet we got to hear sounds pretty good, I am really stoked for this album been waiting for a long time this is a definite pick up for me.

effreyj
04-23-2012, 10:20 AM
Dividing by 0 is undefined, not infinity...

Little_Miss_1565
04-23-2012, 10:20 AM

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_KSSgR5rY8ow/S97bgpb8CVI/AAAAAAAAAJQ/YXVQf-9jXyg/s1600/a_61.jpg

Greekoldfan
04-23-2012, 10:22 AM
Ah fuck fuck fuuuck!! What a great moment in my life with the Offspring again!! Thank you sooo much! The surprise songs defenitely it's gonna be the one with the horns etc. I don't think dirty magic is a surprise.it was a 'common secret'

_Way_Down_the_Line_
04-23-2012, 10:28 AM
Yeaaaah awesome news from the band ! I can't believe that we are talking about the new coming album, finally !!

I knew the title was gonna be one of their songs ! And Days go by, I can see why dexter and the band chose it, they are really into that song, they know they have gotten older, just like us, their fans do !! Just awesome !!

11 new songs, and maybe Dirty Magic will sound different, who knows ! :eek:

And the single artwork is from what I've seen one of the coolest one they have ever done.

Now let's wait till 27th to hear the entire new DAYS GO BY !!

YEAH KIDS THE OFFSPRING IS FUCKING BACK !!

My Name Was Taken
04-23-2012, 10:40 AM
Fuck. I think I'm crying. I'm so fucking excited.

momo91
04-23-2012, 10:51 AM
So good to see such a huge excitement here!
The site was clogged some minuts ago, may be too many accesses...great!
And that clip is really thrilling...so faster than the live version...probabily will be a summer hit, I can't stop listening to it!!!

DMelges
04-23-2012, 11:00 AM
Is it just me or are the drums on this record louder than on RFRG ? hope so!

Jojan
04-23-2012, 11:10 AM

No. Dividing by zero is undefined. Really.

However, 1/x goes to infinity as x reaches zero from the positive numbers. If you approach 0 from the negative side of the axis, you will go to negative infinity. Thus, you cannot say what 1/0 is.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4a/Hyperbola_one_over_x.jpg

Do not try and be something that you are not.

As you have only heard the music form the YouTube video, I will assume, you cannot say anything about the quality of the final record. YouTube sounds like shit.

ThunderPX
04-23-2012, 11:17 AM
Holy shit, I agree with a Jojan post o_O

DMelges
04-23-2012, 11:24 AM
Days Go By

All your rage and all your hurt
Doesn't matter in the end
Those days go by
And we all start again

What you had and what you lost
They're all memories in the wind
Those days go by
And we all start again

:cool:

Mucho Macho
04-23-2012, 11:30 AM
Well, glad for all you guys you are that excited, but I'm not. We have been waiting for about four years now to hear the new album from our favourite band, and they come up with 12 songs and one of them isn't even new... (I was expecting some 12-13 songs with Dirty Magic as bonustrack) The album title reminds me a lot of the lyrics of Can't Repeat, and I'm pretty sure critics are gonna use it for saying they're getting old and they are only repeating themselves and they should stop (that's what they always say). I myself liked the live version of The Future is Now a lot, sounded old school rockin' to me, Days Go By just sounds really dull to me, just like someone else said on this forum. I'm stoked my all time favourite band is going to release new stuff very soon, but I myself am not into that 30 seconds demo of their first single, sounds a bit as the soundtrack for a silly soap or something... Just not rocking... at all...
Sorry, just my honest opinion...

hshduppsnt
04-23-2012, 11:35 AM
Holy shit, I agree with a Jojan post o_O

I know right?

I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later...

Little_Miss_1565
04-23-2012, 11:35 AM
Well, glad for all you guys you are that excited, but I'm not. We have been waiting for about four years now to hear the new album from our favourite band, and they come up with 12 songs and one of them isn't even new... (I was expecting some 12-13 songs with Dirty Magic as bonustrack) The album title reminds me a lot of the lyrics of Can't Repeat, and I'm pretty sure critics are gonna use it for saying they're getting old and they are only repeating themselves and they should stop (that's what they always say). I myself liked the live version of The Future is Now a lot, sounded old school rockin' to me, Days Go By just sounds really dull to me, just like someone else said on this forum. I'm stoked my all time favourite band is going to release new stuff very soon, but I myself am not into that 30 seconds demo of their first single, sounds a bit as the soundtrack for a silly soap or something... Just not rocking... at all...

Pretty sure there will be people are going to be pissed off about this record, just like they were about the last record, just like they were about the one before...

DMelges
04-23-2012, 11:46 AM
Pretty sure there will be people are going to be pissed off about this record, just like they were about the last record, just like they were about the one before...

An just as they'll always be until they die and say "oh shit, should've enjoyed that more."

Mucho Macho
04-23-2012, 11:48 AM

I'm not saying I'm pissed off, I'm only saying that I don't like that demo too much. I'm pretty sure a lot of the people here think it's excellent just because it's from The Offspring, or because it's the latest song, or because they had to wait that long for it that ANYTHING would just sound awesome. I just don't like this song (the part I heard of it), I might as well love the rest of the album, time will tell... The only thing I don't get is how people are crying or getting eargasms or whatever from this demo, knowing they made epic songs as Self Esteem and many others... And to me, this one comes nowhere near it...

Little_Miss_1565
04-23-2012, 11:53 AM
I'm not saying I'm pissed off, I'm only saying that I don't like that demo too much. I'm pretty sure a lot of the people here think it's excellent just because it's from The Offspring, or because it's the latest song, or because they had to wait that long for it that ANYTHING would just sound awesome. I just don't like this song (the part I heard of it), I might as well love the rest of the album, time will tell... The only thing I don't get is how people are crying or getting eargasms or whatever from this demo, knowing they made epic songs as Self Esteem and many others... And to me, this one comes nowhere near it...

Well, that's you. Other people like it, but that doesn't mean you have to like it, and just because you don't like it means there's nothing to it that other people can't enjoy.

DMelges
04-23-2012, 11:55 AM

Maybe it just needs some time to grow on you... I'm loving the song because, well honestly my musical taste is built around The Offspring.

Give it some time. I remember not liking Stuff Is Messed Up, but eventually I started enjoying it.

weezly
04-23-2012, 11:56 AM
man i REALLY hate to say this, but that sounds so badly produced, theres no grunt in the guitars and the lick sounds horrible.... i HATE having to say this....

Rafa88offspring
04-23-2012, 11:59 AM
Oh, I'm so fucking excited!! The song titles are pretty cool, specially the last one with the Dr. Strangelove reference.

"Days Go By" sounds SO MUCH BETTER than the live version, and the live version was pretty cool already.

OffspringDude
04-23-2012, 12:00 PM
Anyone else feeling like it hasn't actually sunk in yet??

Every time I listen to it, and read the info my head explodes!!

Also, what is Days Go By, is it already a song with a different name?

I kept reading "November Song" "You Will Find A Way"? is one of those DGB ?

DMelges
04-23-2012, 12:00 PM
man i REALLY hate to say this, but that sounds so badly produced, theres no grunt in the guitars and the lick sounds horrible.... i HATE having to say this....

Dude, seriously? Give me an example of what you would consider good production.....

I think it sounds great.

randman21
04-23-2012, 12:01 PM

None of those apply to me. I like what I've heard because it kicks ass. And you don't like it because you don't like it. If you ask me, this song is a million times more interesting than Self Esteem (musically), but other than that, I can't compare them. One is nearly twenty years old, the other is a step into a new sound for the band...and they're just different. It's okay if you don't like the song, but at least let the song come out first!

Little_Miss_1565
04-23-2012, 12:03 PM
Also, what is Days Go By, is it already a song with a different name?

Those were working titles. "You Will Find A Way" is "Days Go By."

YouTube compresses the shit out of audio.

RonWelty
04-23-2012, 12:04 PM
Dude, seriously? Give me an example of what you would consider good production.....

I think it sounds great.

Well, it seems better than RAFRAG

randman21
04-23-2012, 12:04 PM

Yep! They are earlier versions of DGB. Nice, we're already giving acronyms to songs.

GamerKT
04-23-2012, 12:34 PM
- oh hai autotune, i've missed you

Sounds like harmonizing to me.

cool 2 hate 681
04-23-2012, 12:46 PM
wow 4 years for 11 new songs

Little_Miss_1565
04-23-2012, 12:47 PM

You make it sound like they worked on the album every day for 4 years (btw - they didn't).

OffspringDude
04-23-2012, 12:49 PM
You make it sound like they worked on the album every day for 4 years (btw - they didn't).

Exactly! quality not quantity

Btw, LM1565 where you on the original BBS waaaay back with WebDude?

Little_Miss_1565
04-23-2012, 12:49 PM
Btw, LM1565 where you on the original BBS waaaay back with WebDude?

Yes. I'm the same one.

OffspringDude
04-23-2012, 12:51 PM
Oh wow! Lol, I remember signing up with the BBS when I was 16 and the first post I read was one of yours! Lol

cool 2 hate 681
04-23-2012, 12:53 PM

yeah it was very cool of them to tour during that time:) hopefully there is a b side

PunksKillEmos
04-23-2012, 12:55 PM
So fucking pumped for this record, this recording sounds so much better than the previous versions. I'm really digging the song titles too. I say bring on the the joke songs! Unless they're tracks like When you're in prison.

This song still doesn't beat hammerhead as a first single though.

Little_Miss_1565
04-23-2012, 12:59 PM

I still shake my fist at "Half Truism" never being a single. :)

cool 2 hate 681
04-23-2012, 01:00 PM
So are we ever going to hear the Dirty Magic with Atom on it?

probably not im guessing it's the same they just re recorded the drums

im pretty sure it was they played it on kroq in 2009

dav0147
04-23-2012, 01:06 PM
Is it just me or does the "I wanna start a secret family (with you)" sound like it could easily be a Ramones song title?
But yeah don't want to look too much into the song titles because they dont give that much away but they do seem very interesting, more so than anything else i remember them doing before. Sounds like the album could be a lot about the past and how maybe things have changed really looking forward to it!
And as for Days go by I'm not sure will need to hear it all before i can make a final judgement still not completely sold, love the future is now though! :)

Little_Miss_1565
04-23-2012, 01:13 PM

It doesn't have to be a single for one station to decide to play something on the radio, especially a station like KROQ that has been behind the band for a long time.

Is it just me or does the "I wanna start a secret family (with you)" sound like it could easily be a Ramones song title?

In that a Ramones song generator would consist of "I Wanna...." and "I Don't Wanna..." songs ;)

hshduppsnt
04-23-2012, 01:13 PM
Oh wow! Lol, I remember signing up with the BBS when I was 16 and the first post I read was one of yours! Lol

haha welcome back. ... wait you aren't Webdude right?... (I'm suspicious of anyone with Dude in the name)

Yeah it was definitely played but I know KROQ sometimes mixes things up so I don't think it was ever officially a single (I recall asking one of them about it back then to which they replied nope just playing it, do you like it?). For the life of me I can't remember which song that was though (either Half Truism or SIMU)

dav0147
04-23-2012, 01:15 PM
It doesn't have to be a single for one station to decide to play something on the radio, especially a station like KROQ that has been behind the band for a long time.

In that a Ramones song generator would consist of "I Wanna...." and "I Don't Wanna..." songs ;)

haha yeah their songs with "i wanna..." and "we're a happy family" maybe thats where I'm getting it from, thanks for pointing that out .

Rooster
04-23-2012, 01:17 PM
I'll be honest, this song didn't pump me up for the album the way Hammerhead did for Raf,Rag.

But this doesn't really matter, since The Future Is Now got me pumped to the max already. I'm not DGB is a bad song, I really like it. And it is a good choice for a single. Anyway, I'm still eagerly anticipating this friday or saturday or whenever I get to hear it :)

Now about the sound - drums are more apparent, they don't seem so burried in the mix as they were on Raf,Rag, so that's a plus. But I'll wait for any further judgements until I hear the album first.

cool 2 hate 681
04-23-2012, 01:18 PM
Yeah it was definitely played but I know KROQ sometimes mixes things up so I don't think it was ever officially a single (I recall asking one of them about it back then to which they replied nope just playing it, do you like it?). For the life of me I can't remember which song that was though (either Half Truism or SIMU)

it was stuff is messed up i remember you sent an email to kat corbett

stuff is messed up had a music video but it was not the official 4th single half truism was

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Half-Truism

Little_Miss_1565
04-23-2012, 01:20 PM
stuff is messed up had a music video but it was not the official 4th single half truism was

Horseshit! What the hell, why didn't this do anything?

hshduppsnt
04-23-2012, 01:30 PM
it was stuff is messed up i remember you sent an email to kat corbett

haha impressive memory! Fair enough I'm sold.

Yeah... good question!

Outerspaceman21
04-23-2012, 01:35 PM
So, first impressions. I'm really liking the snippet of Days Go By and am now totally pumped to hear the full studio version.

I actually like the album title. I was initially expecting something different, like something I hadn't heard before, but I still like it. I like the Artwork too, it fits. I just took a second look right now and saw that it was single artwork, not the album artwork, so there that to still look forward too.

As far as the track listing goes, most of the song titles seem legit. The ones I'm reserved about Cruising California (Bumpin' In My Trunk) and I Wanna Secret Family (With You). Cruising California sounds like it has the potential of being some kind of summer "surf and sun" anthem, which I would like. I Wanna Secret Family, however, I'm sure what that could be about. Is it a joke song, is it serious? I'm not sure, I'll have to wait to find out. I'm actually looking forward to the closing track, "Slim Pickens Does The Right Thing And Rides The Bomb To Hell". I want to hear that song.

Also, when Noodles mentioned a surprise, I had no idea the surprise was the Dirty Magic rerecording. FUCK. YEAH.

Outerspaceman21
04-23-2012, 01:36 PM

I remember hearing it on the radio on my local station. They played the hell out of YGGF,K, but Half-Truism just didn't catch on :/

Of my own recollection, RafRag was released June 2008, they didn't start a tour to support the album until about late 2008/2009, then they took a little break, started touring again with 311 late 2009/2010, then after that started officially working on the album some time after that. So, they've been working on the album off and on since later 2010. Sorry if I'm incorrect about any little details, this was also the time when I got sucked into World of Warcraft and ignored the things that really mattered to me.

joshgenis
04-23-2012, 01:36 PM
I hope that dirty magic gets a lot of radio time. I hope thanks to the remake more people will discover ignition and see how good
they were even before smash

RageAndLov
04-23-2012, 01:51 PM
I'm very excited about Dirty Magic, and I hope they do something new with it, not just re-recording the same 20 year old song for no reason. And Cruising California sounds like Pretty Fly v. 3.0.

RageAndLov
04-23-2012, 01:52 PM
I hope this thread will get merged with the already ongoing discussion of the new album

Llamas
04-23-2012, 01:52 PM
Wow, I really wasn't expecting to come across this tonight. Cool to see all the excitement around here :) Personally, I have mixed feelings about this. On the negative side, it's a very short list of songs that includes a remake of an old song... I don't care for Days Go By and even with the changed riff, it still sounds a lot like Foo Fighters (standard stadium rock anthem)... the album title being named after a song I don't like seems like a bad sign... and the song titles sound pretty bad, overall.

On the plus side, I LOVE The Future is Now... I'm hoping they totally revamped Dirty Magic and that it will be freaking awesome... I'm hoping that the songs with "jokey" sounding titles will turn out to be totally unexpected rockers... and I'm glad to have new Offspring on the way!

Heh, that doesn't seem to make as much sense now that I'm explaining it, but hey. It's too late now.
Well, I think the big thing is that it's the first album named after the lead single... Americana and Smash weren't known songs that anyone would judge the album by.

I hope that last one isn't some quirky novelty song and is actually a real song. I mean, this is still pretty much a punk rockish band. I want at least 11 new songs.
Pretty much what I'm thinking.

I can't stop thinking about "I Wanna Secret Family (With You)". How can it not be a joke song? Yet, I'm hoping for some scathing social commentary about politicians.
That would be pretty cool. Just remember that "Da Hui" and "Stuff is Messed Up" have names that sound silly, but turned out to be fast rockers. :)

Bumpin' in my track, funny title, llamas gonna love it. :D
Yep, totally stoked for that one :P Sounds like the worst possible song on the album, to be honest.

I knew the title was gonna be one of their songs ! And Days go by, I can see why dexter and the band chose it, they are really into that song, they know they have gotten older, just like us, their fans do !! Just awesome !!
Yeah, even though I don't care for the song Days Go By, I think I get why they chose it as the album title. And based on the title track, it could be that the album is a totally new direction altogether and the name could be a reference to that.

Production sounds pretty weak from the sample, but better than Hammerhead... we'll see :)

Jeez. I'm a bit disappointed myself, but could you be a bigger downer in a thread full of excited people? Most of what you wrote here, I thought, but I didn't write it down in one massive post of sadness.

Yep, the production sounds rather weak... but hoping it'll at least be better than on RFRG once we get the full album in good quality.

Ristifer
04-23-2012, 01:54 PM
I'm really curious to hear Slim Pickens...

Not just because of the outrageously long title, but I always love to see what the band puts at the end of the album. Hope it's more intriguing than When You're In Prison and Rise and Fall.

TheJakes84
04-23-2012, 01:55 PM
:cool: Titles.

1) The Future Is Now
3) Days Go By
4) Turning Into You
5) Hurting As One
8) OC Guns
9) Dirty Magic :eek:
11) Dividing By Zero

I'd love to hear whats behind the story in track number ten. :)

effreyj
04-23-2012, 02:02 PM
Don't let the days go by...glycerine

frunsi
04-23-2012, 02:05 PM
Days Go By sounds like a nice summer jam, a great pick for a single, but hopefully not one of the best songs on the album :D
I'm kinda curious about SPDTRTARTBTH (slim pickens). I hope the album contains 7 or 8 fast and loud punk rock songs, some slower stuff to make it flow a bit better and one joking song which is totally different from everything they made yet (and this would be slim pickens). I loved When You're In Prison.

Dexter_italy
04-23-2012, 02:12 PM
The tracklist has an Ixnay feeling to me...

04-23-2012, 02:26 PM
I hope you stop being such a fucking hipster

Jojan
04-23-2012, 02:31 PM
I wish people would be better at referring to other people.

cool 2 hate 681
04-23-2012, 02:38 PM
Wow, I really wasn't expecting to come across this tonight. Cool to see all the excitement around here :) Personally, I have mixed feelings about this. On the negative side, it's a very short list of songs that includes a remake of an old song... I don't care for Days Go By and even with the changed riff, it still sounds a lot like Foo Fighters (standard stadium rock anthem)... the album title being named after a song I don't like seems like a bad sign... and the song titles sound pretty bad, overall.

On the plus side, I LOVE The Future is Now... I'm hoping they totally revamped Dirty Magic and that it will be freaking awesome... I'm hoping that the songs with "jokey" sounding titles will turn out to be totally unexpected rockers... and I'm glad to have new Offspring on the way!

i feel the same way i also hope there is no intermission on when your in prison on this album i hope they are all full songs

momo91
04-23-2012, 02:49 PM

Not at all. But we already know to have a song of that level (the future is now) and hopefully some more. Days go by is probabily more "radio friendly" and that's what we need to get the new album immediately popular.
I must say that I still like this new version more than the live one. They are competely different both in music and lyrics.

KHWHD
04-23-2012, 02:55 PM
Woohoo, can't wait!! :cool: :D

randman21
04-23-2012, 02:59 PM
Man, if they had the balls to put an old song on a new album, I REALLY wish it would have been "Mission From God"! You have no idea how badly I wanted that. But whatevs. There's no way they rerecorded "Dirty Magic" the same exact way it was, so it should be something new enough for me.

Moose
04-23-2012, 03:05 PM
i thought it was gonna be Mission From God...

that would have been too awesome.

Rooster
04-23-2012, 03:10 PM
I pretty much don't care if the new album is just 12 songs and one of them is just a new recording of an old song. 12 song is just perfect for an album. Better this than have 15 songs or more and become bored by the end. Dammit early summer, y u no come tomorrow?!?

And I'm really looking forward to hearing the new Dirty Magic, I love the original and I wonder what did they do with it this time :)

I have a feeling I'm gonna love Days Go By too, but I still stand by my opinion - a more energetic song (such as The Future Is Now) would be a better choice to pump up the fans. As for the first single, Days Go By is a good choice, it's the kind of a song that could get a lot of radio play, maybe gaining the band some new fans along the way :)

momo91
04-23-2012, 03:12 PM
Everyone here has a favourite old song, but Dirty magic is probabily the most favourited one and maybe the best to be turned into the new Offspring album.

So far we have:
-a kick ass song: the future is now
-a present to more intimate fans: dirty magic
-a probabily good single, pleasing to listen and good for mainstream audience
-a bunch of funny and interesting titles (in typical Offspring irony)
-some more surprises (the last song?)

Good times!

RageAndLov
04-23-2012, 03:23 PM
Not at all. But we already know to have a song of that level (the future is now) and hopefully some more. Days go by is probabily more "radio friendly" and that's what we need to get the new album immediately popular.
I must say that I still like this new version more than the live one. They are competely different both in music and lyrics.

Why do we need the album to get immediately popular, or even popular at all? Wouldn't it be much better for us if the album were aimed for the core of fans instead of the mainstream? I much rather have a very unpopular album with bunch of great songs, than a mediocre album with poppy, mainstream singles the fans don't really like. I'm looking at you Americana.

TripleDK
04-23-2012, 03:24 PM
At 00:10, I see guitar pick with Offspring-ish artwork on it.

Little_Miss_1565
04-23-2012, 03:32 PM

Oh sweet jesus. You're right.

YESSSSSS

Why do we need the album to get immediately popular, or even popular at all? Wouldn't it be much better for us if the album were aimed for the core of fans instead of the mainstream? I much rather have a very unpopular album with bunch of great songs, than a mediocre album with poppy, mainstream singles the fans don't really like. I'm looking at you Americana.

Seriously, Americana was a great album. I don't care for "Pretty Fly" at all whatsoever, but the rest of the album was nothing like it.

The other thing we should probably let go of is this notion that they're a small punk band. They're a mainstream band with punk roots.

GamerKT
04-23-2012, 03:35 PM

Do you think they'll toss it out to the crowd?

Little_Miss_1565
04-23-2012, 03:36 PM
Am I the only one who's really kind of nervous about "Dirty Magic" being on this album? It's either going to be too much like the original or too different from the original. I'm trying to reserve judgement, but I'm not sure why it needed to be redone.

I hope you stop being such a fucking hipster

What the balls is hipster about the original post?

hshduppsnt
04-23-2012, 03:41 PM

umm... who doesn't like Americana? That album was awesome!

Am I the only one who's really kind of nervous about "Dirty Magic" being on this album? It's either going to be too much like the original or too different from the original. I'm trying to reserve judgement, but I'm not sure why it needed to be redone.

Yeah I actually am probably least excited about that track than anything else so far about this new album

Moose
04-23-2012, 03:46 PM

im not nervous...i just dont see the point in re-doing the song.

assuming the album has a cohesiveness to it...maybe we can take something from the band choosing to remake dirty magic?

i would have been very happy with Mission From God...that seems like a song that deserves to be reworked (crafted, cleaned up, what have you) and put on an album.

i disagree with your americana point...that album had a lot of great songs (have you ever, staring at the sun, the kids arent alright, americana, pay the man), but a lot of awful songs as well...pretty fly wasnt even the worst of it...start with walla walla, she's got issues, and why dont you get a job...then you can make room for feelings and pretty fly.

if im nervous about anything...it would be that they still look to create pop/humor songs when their best stuff by far is the hard rock/punk songs...the last time i truly enjoyed the fun stuff was off the ixnay album.

dav0147
04-23-2012, 03:54 PM
they went pretty serious on their last album and it wasn't that well recieved, unfortunately the offspring are best known for their novelty songs, even though they are no where near their strongest work

Little_Miss_1565
04-23-2012, 04:00 PM
i disagree with your americana point...that album had a lot of great songs (have you ever, staring at the sun, the kids arent alright, americana, pay the man), but a lot of awful songs as well...pretty fly wasnt even the worst of it...start with walla walla, she's got issues, and why dont you get a job...then you can make room for feelings and pretty fly.

Hahaha - you're right. I seem to always forget that "Issues" and "Get a Job" are on there too, because those five songs you mention as being great are on there, and they're SO GOOD. I guess I can overlook the jokey, novelty songs as long as the rest of the album is top notch. Like I'm totally fine with not liking the back half of RFRG because the first half is awesome.

RobinoZombie
04-23-2012, 04:02 PM
Im Just PUUUUUMPED

such a quick release if its coming in June(early summer)...

I won't pass judgement until i hear the whole thing, as a good quality source through headphones....

Remember the first time we heard "HIT THAT"? it sounded sheit.... and no its not the most mindbogling song, but at least it didn't sound like kids with xylophones which the first leak did..

Excited, pumped, nervous...

Make or break? I'm not sure, as long as the guys are happy and releasing albums and touring, i will support it, hoping the album gets a lot of sales, which defiantly will mean bigger tours, No show in sweden since MARCH 2004..... 8 years and counting...

oh,

That became quite long..

RobinoZombie
04-23-2012, 04:04 PM
Oh,

The only thing i didn't like was the Artwork..

Peace!

Ristifer
04-23-2012, 04:09 PM
Seriously?! Walla Walla is an awesome Offspring song. That and The End of the Line are a serious one-two punch near the end of the album. I disagree with your assessment of Walla Walla bigtime. But, it all comes down to opinion :)

Little_Miss_1565
04-23-2012, 04:18 PM
Oh,

The only thing i didn't like was the Artwork..

Peace!

I'm not super stoked on the artwork but I think it's fine, and it looks like Brooklyn, which I miss terribly. I'm curious to see what the album art looks like.

04-23-2012, 04:49 PM

I was replying to the thread titled "What I hope the most from this album," not this one. Looks like it was merged.

Llamas
04-23-2012, 04:49 PM
Seriously, Americana was a great album. I don't care for "Pretty Fly" at all whatsoever, but the rest of the album was nothing like it.
Agreeing with this and your other post regarding this topic. Americana had a few crappy songs on it, but overall it's a really great record. And in context, I don't hate the other songs too much - they just kinda suck as stand-alone tunes. And your views on RFRG apply to me, as well.

The other thing we should probably let go of is this notion that they're a small punk band. They're a mainstream band with punk roots.
It can be hard to accept, but it's true. They haven't been a punk band for at least 18 years.

I'll be very disappointed if it sounds too much like the original, but if they totally redo it, it could be awesome. Unless it sounds in the vein of Days Go By. But I think it'll be good. I hope!

if im nervous about anything...it would be that they still look to create pop/humor songs when their best stuff by far is the hard rock/punk songs...the last time i truly enjoyed the fun stuff was off the ixnay album.
Gotta agree here, too. I haven't enjoyed the humour-ish songs since Ixnay. And their hard songs are definitely their best - even a few weeks ago after hearing The Future is Now and I went back and listened to a bunch of their albums, I was way more into the harder songs and wanted to skip the silly ones.

Little_Miss_1565
04-23-2012, 04:53 PM
I was replying to the thread titled "What I hope the most from this album," not this one. Looks like it was merged.

It was indeed merged - every post in that thread is now in this one.

cool 2 hate 681
04-23-2012, 04:56 PM

same here i have a feeling it will be either really really good or really really bad

hshduppsnt
04-23-2012, 04:57 PM
Hahaha - you're right. I seem to always forget that "Issues" and "Get a Job" are on there too, because those five songs you mention as being great are on there, and they're SO GOOD. I guess I can overlook the jokey, novelty songs as long as the rest of the album is top notch. Like I'm totally fine with not liking the back half of RFRG because the first half is awesome.

exactly how I'm approaching this album...

edit: rather, expecting and totally ok with. If it is better, then woo hoo! For example I can't wait for recorded version of the future is now

ThunderPX
04-23-2012, 05:00 PM
I don't think about the new Dirty Magic too much. I mean, it's not like it'll replace the original. At worst, I'll just have to skip a track on my new Offspring CD, just like I do with RAFRAG and occasionally Splinter.

EDIT: Okay was I somehow not reading the last page or did a million posts just appear out of nowhere?

Americana98
04-23-2012, 05:07 PM
I definitely wouldn't call them a mainstream band looking at the sales of their last 2 albums.......just sayin'.

Anyway, I love the artwork, I love the clip of the song (definitely sounds like they improved it from the Live versions) and I loved what I've heard of Future is Now and these track titles....this is looking like an awesome album, I can't WAIT.

Leandro
04-23-2012, 05:08 PM
I don't know for you guys, but "Days Go By" reminds me the vibe of "I'm Not Alone" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKSa57kjH9I)

Little_Miss_1565
04-23-2012, 05:10 PM
I definitely wouldn't call them a mainstream band looking at the sales of their last 2 albums.......just sayin'.

You really can't compare the sales of the last 2 to anything that came before. The industry is way too different now than it was when the other albums came out. Many successful, very popular albums sell 100,000 or fewer copies in the US.

offspringiztheshit
04-23-2012, 05:17 PM
does anyone know is there is going to be a leak anytime soon? of any of the song

Little_Miss_1565
04-23-2012, 05:19 PM
does anyone know is there is going to be a leak anytime soon? of any of the song

The announcement says the song will premiere on KROQ in the morning on Friday.

Leaks aren't allowed on the forum.

DMelges
04-23-2012, 05:24 PM

Does that mean no one will be allowed to upload the song to the forum? That would be dissapointing because I don't live in the US so I'm gonna miss the KROQ premiere like it or not....

Tijs
04-23-2012, 05:25 PM
Awesome to see a thread like this here again. I'm really looking forward to the new Dirty Magic, just as much as any of the songs in that list. And judging from the artwork, it's gonna be a very non-Offspring like art. Many surprises huh.

cool 2 hate 681
04-23-2012, 05:26 PM

what about if someone records the song off the radio?

Gustavo
04-23-2012, 05:27 PM
I'm not sure if this has been posted before, but the album "Days Go By" WILL be released before July.

http://www.offspring.com/band/history

"Late June, The Offspring release their 9th studio album worldwide."

offspringiztheshit
04-23-2012, 05:28 PM

yea ik they arent allowed, but usually someone leask it to youtube, and i was jw if anyone could give me a link or something? or it that not allowed

DMelges
04-23-2012, 05:33 PM
I think they'll do Dirty Magic justice. Think it'll blow us away, hearing a song we love in great quality, more powerful chorus, maybe some interesting new composition also.

cool 2 hate 681
04-23-2012, 05:34 PM
I'm not sure if this has been posted before, but the album "Days Go By" WILL be released before July.

http://www.offspring.com/band/history

"Late June, The Offspring release their 9th studio album worldwide."

great eye gustavo:)

TheOldMark
04-23-2012, 05:42 PM
well this is the best news ive heard in awhile...

1. THANK FUCKING GOD THEY RERECORDED DIRTY MAGIC FOR REAL AND ACTUALLY PUT IT ON THE ALBUM AND NOT A BSIDE SOOOOOOOOO AWESOME!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D

2. Interesting track list. Excited. But what happened to "You will find a way" or whatever it was called that they previewed on tour two years ago??

Little_Miss_1565
04-23-2012, 05:44 PM
Does that mean no one will be allowed to upload the song to the forum? That would be dissapointing because I don't live in the US so I'm gonna miss the KROQ premiere like it or not....

what about if someone records the song off the radio?

yea ik they arent allowed, but usually someone leask it to youtube, and i was jw if anyone could give me a link or something? or it that not allowed

As I understand it, after the song is released it's fair game for YouTube, etc. Dan, you'll be able to listen to the KROQ premiere on the radio station's web stream, won't you?

Tijs
04-23-2012, 05:44 PM
2. Interesting track list. Excited. But what happened to "You will find a way" or whatever it was called that they previewed on tour two years ago??Days go By

TheOldMark
04-23-2012, 05:48 PM

trust me we'll have the whole record a month before it comes out. pay no mind to the mods, its coming.

TheOldMark
04-23-2012, 05:49 PM
Days go By

it sounds similar... do you think theyd preview a song and completely redo it? or do you think its the same song different title?

Little_Miss_1565
04-23-2012, 05:51 PM
trust me we'll have the whole record a month before it comes out. pay no mind to the mods, its coming.

As I've stated a million times before, I honestly and truly do not give a fuck if anyone downloads a leak. You just can't post about them on the forum.

it sounds similar... do you think theyd preview a song and completely redo it? or do you think its the same song different title?

Yes. They previewed the song, rewrote it, and recorded the rewritten version.

randman21
04-23-2012, 05:53 PM
Noodles tweeted a little while ago, confirming that that song is indeed Days Go By. But they completely reworked (at least) the chorus, and today was our first time hearing it.

DMelges
04-23-2012, 05:58 PM
Dan, you'll be able to listen to the KROQ premiere on the radio station's web stream, won't you?

Not live, no. I'll be in class or in a subway station somewhere when they broadcast it. Do you think they'll have a recorded version on the KROQ website?

By the way, maybe The Offspring will release on offspring.com after the radio premier...

cool 2 hate 681
04-23-2012, 05:59 PM
i think turning into you and hurting as one might be like never gonna find me and lightning rod

Little_Miss_1565
04-23-2012, 05:59 PM
Not live, no. I'll be in class or in a subway station somewhere when they broadcast it. Do you think they'll have a recorded version on the KROQ website?

By the way, maybe The Offspring will release on offspring.com after the radio premier...

I don't think you're going to have to worry about hearing the song. :)

DMelges
04-23-2012, 06:02 PM
i think turning into you and hurting as one might be like never gonna find me and lightning rod

Hurting As One makes me think of Race Against Myself for some reason....

I don't think you're going to have to worry about hearing the song. :)

Amen!

TheOldMark
04-23-2012, 06:25 PM
Noodles tweeted a little while ago, confirming that that song is indeed Days Go By. But they completely reworked (at least) the chorus, and today was our first time hearing it.

really? i dont see Noodles' tweet confirming this. his tweets today were a link to the news section on the website, and him talking about how cleaning up the beach was a good hangover cure...

randman21
04-23-2012, 06:35 PM
That tweet I'm talking about was from months ago. I would try to find it for you, but it's really hard to look for things on Twitter. Surely, someone will post it before long.

EDIT: Oh yeah, the clearest proof is that it has the same main riff as what they were playing last summer.

TheJakes84
04-23-2012, 06:41 PM
The artwork for Days Go By it looks vintage, but I must say I dug it! :cool:

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
04-23-2012, 07:20 PM
Negatives:
-Only 12 tracks, 11 new tracks
-They chose Dirty Magic
-Days Go By is the album title
(I thought of more but now the negatives have escaped me with all the excitement)

Positives:
-THE ALBUM'S COMING
-Dirty Magic is gonna sound so sick if they really re-worked it
-Sounds like it'll have enough serious songs

I am trying not to get too excited but I can't help it. This is great news.

Cruising California definitely sounds like a new Pretty Fly to me. I love Pretty Fly though. I continuously tell myself that it's not that good, but I love the chorus. I'm hoping CC(BIMT) will be an upbeat song that doesn't disappoint similar to PF(FAWG). The acronyms make them look even more similar.

I can't wait for the Future Is Now. Yes!

Days Go By sounds a lot better to me than what I thought of it live. I promised myself I would wait for the album, but I couldn't help myself when they uploaded that snippet. I think I'll like it better than Kristy.

Slim Pickens automatically reminds me of Half Hour of Power for some reason. You guys think it's gonna be a joke song, but I disagree. I expect it to be heavy.

Someone got me humming "We're a Happy Family" every time I read I Wanna Secret Family (With You). I don't know what to expect for that.

I'm rather optimistic about this, even though it's too short. Hopefully the songs are really solid.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
04-23-2012, 07:49 PM
I'm not too fond of the artwork. I hope it's better for the rest of the singles. I hope the album artwork is amazing.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
04-23-2012, 07:55 PM
Wikipedia update (someone's on the ball):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Days_Go_By_%28The_Offspring_song%29
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Days_Go_By_%28The_Offspring_album%29

GamerKT
04-23-2012, 07:58 PM
Wikipedia update (someone's on the ball):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Days_Go_By_%28The_Offspring_song%29
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Days_Go_By_%28The_Offspring_album%29

Wait. For Dexter, it says "piano."
Please, let there be another song like A Lot Like Me.

gabo_punk
04-23-2012, 08:31 PM
Im really happy that offspring finally announce the new album but:

What happened with:
-“Anti War”
-“Anti Police”
-“Anti Religion”
-“Death”
-“My Girlfriend Is a Bitch”

were they only a rumor? ... weren´t they attractive? .... they rename these songs?? ....
somebody explain me, please.

ATT:Gabo_punk

GunForHire
04-23-2012, 08:32 PM
I'm stoked as hell about the new album.

I do have a couple of concerns that there are going to be some jokey songs on there. I was glad that RAFRAG didn't have any really, so I'm hoping it's the same with the new album. From the title, Cruising California (Bumpin' In My Trunk) sounds like it's either going to be a dumbass jokey track, or potentially very punk. I'm thinking driving along with a body in the trunk, or someone who's been kidnapped. I hope.

Slim Pickens could be interesting too. I'm hoping for something similarly dark like Hammerhead.

randman21
04-23-2012, 08:47 PM
I'm thinking driving along with a body in the trunk, or someone who's been kidnapped.

Ooooh, very interesting. Hadn't even thought of that. Makes a lot of sense.

Zee
04-23-2012, 08:50 PM
Those vocal harmonies sounds pretty damn good already, even though Tube eats most of the quality.

BigFish
04-23-2012, 09:48 PM
Anyone else notice the wording in I Wanna Secret Family (With You)? It's "I Wanna" not "I Want A". It seems like it will confuse a lot of people the same way Want You Bad did/does. I wonder what the significance is with that choice. Because obviously there is a big difference between "I wanna" and "I want a".

Little_Miss_1565
04-23-2012, 10:11 PM
Im really happy that offspring finally announce the new album but:

What happened with:
-“Anti War”
-“Anti Police”
-“Anti Religion”
-“Death”
-“My Girlfriend Is a Bitch”

were they only a rumor? ... weren´t they attractive? .... they rename these songs?? ....
somebody explain me, please.

I think those were a joke.

Anyone else notice the wording in I Wanna Secret Family (With You)? It's "I Wanna" not "I Want A". It seems like it will confuse a lot of people the same way Want You Bad did/does. I wonder what the significance is with that choice. Because obviously there is a big difference between "I wanna" and "I want a".

You are, of course, correct. I wonder if it'll say "I want a" on the album art.

cool 2 hate 681
04-23-2012, 10:49 PM
I think those were a joke.

i hope not those seem like good subjects for offspring songs to me

Dexter_italy
04-23-2012, 11:25 PM

They could be only working titles...luckly because they were horrible! :D

Little_Miss_1565
04-23-2012, 11:39 PM

Subjects, sure, but not titles.

Gregmau5
04-24-2012, 12:30 AM
I really think they should've gone with The Future Is Now as the first single, because people will listen to Days Go By and start their usual rant about how Offspring is dead and stuff, and totally write off the whole album.

Krojd
04-24-2012, 01:54 AM

I think He was talking about the change from this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ev6MjVB2HE) to this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dorRJgp6mvo)

ThunderPX
04-24-2012, 02:33 AM
They could be only working titles...luckly because they were horrible! :D

If they're working titles, that's pretty interesting since Dexter usually wrote the music before the lyrics in the past.

Dexter_italy
04-24-2012, 02:44 AM
If they're working titles, that's pretty interesting since Dexter usually wrote the music before the lyrics in the past.

you're totally right, but as Little_miss pointed they could've been titles meaning the subject of the song. In some way you have got to refer to songs :) with my band we name them after us, like Fede's song... but since Dexter writes them all (almost) it would be Dexter's song 1, 2, 3, 4 etc... :D

weezly
04-24-2012, 03:02 AM
i have changed my tune a bit, i think my laptop speakers kinda killed it, but this song has been in my head all day, its definately a hit.

Microwave Jellyfish
04-24-2012, 05:06 AM
Whoa, a Kubrick-reference song title, I love it!

This almost feels like information-overload. It would be hard to wait for the whole thing and not listening to previews and leaks.

jacknife737
04-24-2012, 05:41 AM
Fucking awesome awesome to find ally get to see the tracklisting!

Can't really do much but speculate with those song titles... But I'm glad to see the band still has its sense of humor. And I'm definitely incredibly stoked to hear that last train in because of the Dr Strangdlove reference in the title.

I'm also quite excited to hear the new version of Dirty Magic! I've got a feeling that it'll be faster than the original, sort of how like it sounds when they play it live. Speaking of which the betting about it being on the regular album tracklisting as opposed to say a hidden track or bside is that it'll probably be played live on their upcoming tours!

Really liked the new clip of days Go By, it's been really interesting listen to the song evolve from the first time it was played....looking forward to Friday to hear the whole this game.

Krojd
04-24-2012, 05:46 AM
Am I the only one who's really kind of nervous about "Dirty Magic" being on this album?

No, you are not. I think Dirty Magic is better of on Ignition and they should have leave it alone, leave Dirty Magic alone!

Gregmau5
04-24-2012, 05:51 AM
No, you are not. I think Dirty Magic is better of on Ignition and they should have leave it alone, leave Dirty Magic alone!

Yeah, you are right. I think Dirty Magic is awesome as it is with its raw sound, and I think it might just sound too polished 20 years later. Besides, I'd rather hear new songs.

jacknife737
04-24-2012, 06:05 AM
Dudes the new version of the song won't suddenly make the older version cease to exist, you can always just throw on your copy of ignition and hear the original in all its glory.

And like I mentioned before at the very least the band will be playing it live, and more ignition related songs that make it to the setlist the better!

Defender
04-24-2012, 06:17 AM
"Dirty Magic" is the most popular song from Ignition,that's why the Offspring chose it. They listened to their fans. So why not? I guess a new sound of it would be great.

offsrx
04-24-2012, 06:22 AM
I can't wait to hear Dirty Magic :DDDDDD
Also new album.. Heh just like old times :D What if pass me by riff is used in some of songs, but has a different name? I like newest days go by, it sounds even more like Offspring! CAN'T WAIT!!! :D
btw this sounds awesome
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkhSfCn5xGg&feature=related

04-24-2012, 06:34 AM
I can't wait to hear Dirty Magic :DDDDDD
Also new album.. Heh just like old times :D What if pass me by riff is used in some of songs, but has a different name? I like newest days go by, it sounds even more like Offspring! CAN'T WAIT!!! :D
btw this sounds awesome
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkhSfCn5xGg&feature=related

"Dirty Magic" is the most popular song from Ignition,that's why the Offspring chose it. They listened to their fans. So why not? I guess a new sound of it would be great.

This.

Why can't they listen to their fans and give Pass Me By a try. But Offsrx has a very valid point. They could have taken that riff and reworked it into new song. For all we know it could be "All I Have Left Is You." Either way, I'm anxious for the album. I hope they don't disappoint.

Krojd
04-24-2012, 06:34 AM
As Little Miss said, it's either going to be too much like the original or too different. In the first case I dont see any reason to record the song again. They cant play it live because "nobody" knows it? Is there anyone who doesnt know Dirty Magic? The hardcore fans pay the same prize for live shows as the "I know 3-4 Offspring songs fans". I would LOVE to hear the original Dirty Magic, if the new version is going to be the same just with new sound, ok... still, they just could play it live without re-recording it, its their song, we know it. And if its not going to be the same, some major changes and stuff, well, to me it seems just impossible that this version could top or be better than the original. Now its just me, the band can do whatever they want so. This is how I feel it.

Pepsaj
04-24-2012, 07:35 AM
What if it's going to be completely new song? Everybody except new version of DM. Maybe they want to suprise us? ;) Maybe it will only contain some riffs or samples of txt of original version, but there will be also new lyrics and music?

Dexter_italy
04-24-2012, 08:13 AM
I think it'll be only re-recorded, with very little variations. but then again why into the tracklist? :confused: If they had to change it a lot they could have done Dirty magic2.. but they said they were re-recording, so I expect a pretty much similar song

Little_Miss_1565
04-24-2012, 08:41 AM
As Little Miss said, it's either going to be too much like the original or too different. In the first case I dont see any reason to record the song again. They cant play it live because "nobody" knows it? Is there anyone who doesnt know Dirty Magic? The hardcore fans pay the same prize for live shows as the "I know 3-4 Offspring songs fans". I would LOVE to hear the original Dirty Magic, if the new version is going to be the same just with new sound, ok...

At least in the states, the hardcore fans are a minority at shows. I get that they'd want to introduce a new generation to the song, which I back, and if they're now going to start playing it live, that's cool. I've just been listening to one particular version of the song for so many years that I'm not sure how I'll take to any other version.

LIGHTING ROD
04-24-2012, 08:53 AM
what's the lyrics of the "Days Go By" teaser??

Defender
04-24-2012, 08:56 AM

Take a look at the post #55

MAXTER
04-24-2012, 09:04 AM

I think from "Turning Into You" song

My Name Was Taken
04-24-2012, 09:06 AM
I'm really pissed off that I will be at school when this airs. I wanted to listen live...

Supa
04-24-2012, 09:52 AM
Has anyone thought that the surprise might be a studio version of Gone Away on piano, maybe as a hidden track after Slip Pickens?

Little_Miss_1565
04-24-2012, 09:59 AM
Has anyone thought that the surprise might be a studio version of Gone Away on piano, maybe as a hidden track after Slip Pickens?

I sincerely doubt they'd put out an album with *two* old songs on it.

XYlophonetreeZ
04-24-2012, 11:06 AM
I'm kind of hoping that this Slim Pickens thing will be their new "Pay the Man." I don't really have a basis for thinking it will be, I'm just hoping. I listened to Pay the Man recently and I had forgotten how fucking awesome it is.

bighead384
04-24-2012, 11:11 AM
When it comes to the kind of simple music The Offspring makes, the "quality over quantity" thing only goes so far. I can live with only 11 new tracks, but I sincerely hope that the last one isn't another "When You're In Prison" type thing.

And not only do I just plain want more new songs for the sake of new songs, but I also feel like with the type of music The Offspring makes, it's not going to feel like a truly complete album if there's only 10 new songs.

Ryder1234
04-24-2012, 11:17 AM
I'm kind of hoping that this Slim Pickens thing will be their new "Pay the Man." I don't really have a basis for thinking it will be, I'm just hoping. I listened to Pay the Man recently and I had forgotten how fucking awesome it is.

Hah just cause it's the last song? :p I think that would be great if it was something along the lines of Pay The Man, I've actually been listening to it again lately too and I'm really loving it right now.

For some reason the name is giving me the feeling that it won't be a joke song, or at least an average joke song. As in, in the scope of Offspring joke songs, it would fall more around a She's Got Issues rather than a When You're In Prison, so it would have some seriousness to it rather than be a full out joke. But at the same time, I can't help but think it could be a When You're In Prison type closer song. I don't think it will be judging from what we've heard about the album so far though.

Little_Miss_1565
04-24-2012, 11:46 AM
If anything is going to be a "joke song," my money's on "Cruising California (Bumpin' in my Trunk)". I mean, guys? That parenthetical note on the title makes me make an involuntary face.

My Name Was Taken
04-24-2012, 11:57 AM
If anything is going to be a "joke song," my money's on "Cruising California (Bumpin' in my Trunk)". I mean, guys? That parenthetical note on the title makes me make an involuntary face.

"Bumpin' in my Truck" made me cringe and I say "oh no" out loud.

bighead384
It's not necessarily a "joke song" that people don't want, it's a song that isn't a "real" Offspring song, for lack of a better term. It's got nothing to do with lyrics or subject matter. It's about the music.

Furthermore, it seems to be quite a common thing in rock/punk to have the last song on the album be either really serious or a complete joke/novelty song that you hear once and never bother with it again. So that's why "Slim Pickens" seems like it might be one of those songs.

Degstur Lolland
It's a single material, but a bit eccentric. Something's odd about it.

I think it's the same thing with A Lot Like Me. It's a single material too, but it's designed only for fans like me.

Would you give 11/10 to ALLM? I would. I'd give 7 or 8 to H-T.

It's going to be probably a bit faster and with a fresh sound. They have to aim at in between.

It didn't get a chance to be recorded in a great quality, they didn't have a spare time recording Ignition and also the modern music industry era wasn't till Americana IMO. It could become a successful and a modern hit.

It's a bit risky, but they must be confident and happy with it and it must fit the album.

Now, thinking about it, I hope it's not too fast and I'd like some synths there. :d We will see what happens. :D

And judging from the artwork, it's gonna be a very non-Offspring like art. Many surprises huh.
They probably went for Splinter realism. It was a predicted option. :D

Degstur Lolland
04-24-2012, 12:03 PM
Bumpin' in my trunk is a great shiz. It has 3 meanings:
1. it's like the whole car is bumpin'
2. like someone mentioned, someone dead could be bumpin' in his trunk
3. "Someone's" dick is bumpin'

Dexter is a song-writting troll. :D

Degstur Lolland
04-24-2012, 12:15 PM
Slim Pickens is probably anti-war. BOMB! And they are doing Mariachi shiz, they did it with Pretty Fly after Pay The Man. Maybe something epic is comming...

On Smash they raped Genocide and COAP. On Americana Pretty Fly. (Also, Genocide got into Change the World. Plus raped COAP drums into Pay The Man. I hope I have it right)

So I'm guessing they are gonna do Bumpin' in my trunk mariachi reprise or maybe a death song or Turning Into You. BTW TIY has some raining fire lyrics in DGB trailer.

Little_Miss_1565
04-24-2012, 12:33 PM
It's going to be probably a bit faster and with a fresh sound. They have to aim at in between.

It didn't get a chance to be recorded in a great quality, they didn't have a spare time recording Ignition and also the modern music industry era wasn't till Americana IMO. It could become a successful and a modern hit.

I think that's part of what I loved about the original - the urgency, part of which I think could have come from having a set amount of time in the studio. But I'm sure I'm just thinking about it too much. I really am looking forward to hearing it.

Dexter is a song-writting troll.

http://static1.fjcdn.com/comments/hey+guys+check+out+my+new+meme.+It+s+called+quot+r age+_463c729636ab40a35fb0284ea7da288d.jpg

Degstur Lolland
04-24-2012, 01:00 PM
I wonder if making it faster could make it even more urgent.

Can't see quot rage pic.

Degstur Lolland
04-24-2012, 01:58 PM
1. The Future Is Now, political song. 1984 book reference. Current economical crisis.
2. Secrets From The Underground, a song that would be good in a super hero movie?
3. Days Go By (You'll Find a Way, New Song, November song) Getting fat and old sellouts song. :D :d
4. Turning Into You, My girlfriend is a bitch song--reminds me of Spare Me the Details and that's on Splinter. Ronnie King did Hit That, so maybe he is on that one and with a huge caboose/achoo lyrics. Fire raining in on you lyrics? (Splinter)
5. Hurting As One, anti-religion song. Punk and it's like Something To Believe In. Not one, gonna go away lyrics? (Smash)
6. Cruising California (Bumpin' In My Trunk) Driving/hostage/have a good time song? :d Mexican trumpets and/or vibraslap. Mariachi reprise. Drove, promise lyrics? DUI/JLTW solo?
7. All I Have Left Is You, could be a death song. (Ixnay, Gone Away; Americana, The End of the Line)
8. OC Guns, anti-police. Considering they do universal songs, it could also be about Orange County. About innocent people killed by police. Tiki Tiki. (Ignition; LAPD)
9. Dirty Magic, Noodles's surprise? A bit faster version with a fresh sound?
10. I Wanna Secret Familly (With You), friendship song?
11. Dividing By Zero, x/0 converges to infinity. Nerd song? :D (Noodles' Lightning Rod, only better?)
12. Slim Pickens, anti-war song? Kubrick's movie reference. (S/T, Tehran)
--
13. It's All Good (Tentative title? Another Pass Me By rising? :d)

cool 2 hate 681
04-24-2012, 02:28 PM
like someone mentioned, someone dead could be bumpin' in his trunk

i hope that's what it's about

RageAndLov
04-24-2012, 03:05 PM

Why is that probable?

What's wrong with the quality of the sound of Ignition? It's not like it is lo-fi hipster garbage either. Plus Ignition got remastered in 2008, so we already have Dirty Magic in "great quality".

They probably went for Splinter realism. It was a predicted option. :D

What the hell is Splinter realism? Did the album provoke a new artistic era?

Gregmau5
04-24-2012, 03:35 PM
I think OC Guns will have the Mexican trumpets.

Llamas
04-24-2012, 04:29 PM

Ha, true. "I wanna" should mean "I want to"... I wonder if that was intentional (I hope so, cause otherwise that's hella dumb).

They sound pretty overdone and tired at this point... how many punk bands have done those subjects hundreds of times?

find ally
looking forward to Friday to hear the whole this game.
Dude, you drunk? ;)

LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ohgod, please don't tease me like that!! I doubt it'll be like that, but that would be AMAZING.

My face does a thing that's probably similar to what your face does every time I read that title.

1. The Future Is Now, political song. 1984 book reference. Current economical crisis.
2. Secrets From The Underground, a song about overheard secrets being told on the subway in Prague. Just a recording of voices, all recorded on an iphone.
3. Days Go By (You'll Find a Way, New Song, November song) a new song they wrote in November about how we all get older all the time and it brings us down, but we have to learn to find a way to get through it by singing stadium rock songs.
4. Turning Into You, reminds me of YGGF,K, which is from RFRG, and that album had A Lot Like Me, which was a piano-based song, so I think this one will be piano based, as well. Probably gonna be an epic 9-minute masterpiece, like Something Corporate's Konstantine. (RFRG)
5. Hurting As One, death song. Horns/mariachi? Could be like on WDYGAJ? (Americana)
6. Cruising California (Bumpin' In My Trunk) Pretty Fly pt. 3. Gonna be some rapping, Red Man returns? (Conspiracy of One)
7. All I Have Left Is You, could be a sappy romantic love song, something brand new for the Offspring. (Noodles' surprise)
8. OC Guns, These OC Guns are not the Guns for me! A fast, hard-hitting punk tune with gun shots for the chorus, like MIA's Paper Planes.
9. Dirty Magic, Slow, acoustic piano version with a choir of sopranos singing the harmony!?
10. I Wanna Secret Familly (With You), Ramones cover/mashup between I Wanna Be Sedated and We're a Happy Family.
11. Dividing By Zero, depressing emo song (a/0 can not be defined... emos struggle to define themselves) reminds me of race against myself. (Splinter)
12. Slim Pickens, Kubrick's movie reference. Probably also reference to these guys (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHd7HuLCwCA). Probably some awesome bluegrass tune.

See, my speculations are wayyyyyyy better than HAU's ;) ;)

jacknife737
04-24-2012, 04:38 PM
Dude, you drunk? ;)

Haha not quite, I've been using the Internet from my phone all day and my predictive typing function has been doing really weird things, guess I wasn't paying close enough attention.

generalpike
04-24-2012, 04:43 PM
i was kind of hoping the new ignition song wouldn't be dirty magic.... but oh well

Little_Miss_1565
04-24-2012, 04:51 PM
i was kind of hoping the new ignition song wouldn't be dirty magic.... but oh well

What were you hoping for?

KrispyNotKrunchy
04-24-2012, 07:25 PM
We kind of new for a long time now that Dirty Magic was the Ignition song. As far as I know, they mentioned that in 2007 or 2008. Also, It's All Good was supposed to be a confirmed song (although I could be mistaken about that and don't have a source right now)... BUT I wonder about the wording of "sneak peak" of the track listing to infer that there are a few more to be announced (?)

One can hope, right? Otherwise, we indeed have another Pass Me By.

weezly
04-24-2012, 07:44 PM
there is no way they would just "re-record" d/m it will sound way different and have diff riffs and lyrics and the whole works... this is my theory

cool 2 hate 681
04-24-2012, 10:14 PM
we kind of new for a long time now that dirty magic was the ignition song. As far as i know, they mentioned that in 2007 or 2008.

Gregmau5
04-24-2012, 10:43 PM
We kind of new for a long time now that Dirty Magic was the Ignition song. As far as I know, they mentioned that in 2007 or 2008. Also, It's All Good was supposed to be a confirmed song (although I could be mistaken about that and don't have a source right now)... BUT I wonder about the wording of "sneak peak" of the track listing to infer that there are a few more to be announced (?)

One can hope, right? Otherwise, we indeed have another Pass Me By.

It's All Good was never confirmed. Dexter said he was unsure about whether it would make the album. Hopefully it will be a b-side.

weezly
04-24-2012, 11:16 PM
wasn't "it's all good" "november song" and "days go by" all the same song, but the kept changing the name?

Supa
04-24-2012, 11:32 PM
I sincerely doubt they'd put out an album with *two* old songs on it.

Neither do I, but stranger things have happened.

Dexter_italy
04-24-2012, 11:34 PM
there is no way they would just "re-record" d/m it will sound way different and have diff riffs and lyrics and the whole works... this is my theory

So you're saying they did another song calling it Dirty magic? weird:confused:

weezly
04-24-2012, 11:55 PM
@dexter italy - no, i am saying dexter is very creative etc and i just dont think he would carbon copy that song, i think he would have at least changed something other than better production, it has come to pass that sometimes i am wrong though lol

Dexter_italy
04-25-2012, 12:06 AM
@dexter italy - no, i am saying dexter is very creative etc and i just dont think he would carbon copy that song, i think he would have at least changed something other than better production, it has come to pass that sometimes i am wrong though lol

Ok ok, in some changes I agree too, but I don't think it'll be too much different. But who knows :D we can just imagine for now but I have the feeling this all it's gonna be LEGEN.......wait for it.........DARY!

Defender
04-25-2012, 12:08 AM
Also, It's All Good was supposed to be a confirmed song (although I could be mistaken about that and don't have a source right now)...

"It's All Good" was not exactly confirmed. Dexter just said this (05-03-2010):

Right now we're working on a new batch of songs..they're all in different stages, some are just started and some are nearly finished. The only song title I have right now is one called 'It's All Good'..will it make the record? Who knows! We are going in the studio today, everyday for the next two weeks..

Degstur Lolland
04-25-2012, 01:23 AM
Why is that probable?

What's wrong with the quality of the sound of Ignition? It's not like it is lo-fi hipster garbage either. Plus Ignition got remastered in 2008, so we already have Dirty Magic in "great quality".

What the hell is Splinter realism? Did the album provoke a new artistic era?
I think Dexter told us a long time ago that they have a fast and electric version and also some fans say they play it faster live.

Nothing wrong with it. But if you read my analyses I do around here, they are very smart and systematic people. Very ambitious. Reworking something old that has a big potential is one of those educated things, if you pour plants with water, they will grow. But it can be seen as corporate or entertainment on demand or something...but I'm sure they know it could go wrong and they were very careful with it.

Good question! If you noticed, most of their albums are drawings. However, Splinter stands out, it's like they are trying to make very realistic drawings or something like that, it's in between. The new album might be even more realist, they make a photo and then they do something with it. S/T and Ignition are a bit like that too. The other albums...you could call them fairytale drawings. I hope I'm clear. It could be analysed better and further, but I don't want to...

wasn't "it's all good" "november song" and "days go by" all the same song, but the kept changing the name?
I was suspicious about it too, but probably not. We know that DGB = November Song = New Song = You'll Find a Way.

F@ BANKZ
04-25-2012, 01:36 AM
this is fucking MASSIVE. a rerecording of dirty magic?? i never thought i'd get excited about a rerecording! I can't wait, has anyone else mentioned the front cover looks a little bit like new america's cover? probably just me and my profound ignorance of American suburban architecture. I'm looking forward to hearing all those songs! other than maybe All I Have Left is You cause i'm an old-offspring elitist wanker who judges things by titles :D

F@ BANKZ
04-25-2012, 01:42 AM
in responce to what's said a few posts above i can only say a rerecording is probably gonna mean more than just doing it again they'll change aspects of the song. i like the song a lot but i never thought it was perfect like some other offspring songs, there's a lot more you could do with the intro for example, just gets some of the sounds a bit more on-the-dot. It's more than the sound quality of ignition that can be improved on it's the music itself! Bare in mind ignition was recorded very quickly, even rushed if we recall dex's stories about writing the lyrics to under pressure an hour before he had to do the vocals especially in the early days.

besides it can't hurt really (unless you're alkaline trio and release your old punk songs ON AN ACOUSTIC ALBUM FEATURING A GUITAR SHAPED LIKE A MOTHERFUCKING LOVE HEART.) So just chill and enjoy :)

F@ BANKZ
04-25-2012, 01:45 AM
then again

beheaded 1999? :p

LIGHTING ROD
04-25-2012, 03:30 AM
Perhaps the surprise that Noodles said is a ghost track such as "Next to You" in the greatest hits ... maybe the OFFSPRING put in the new album also Pass me By or It's All Good!!! I Hope!!!

Gregmau5
04-25-2012, 03:50 AM
Perhaps the surprise that Noodles said is a ghost track such as "Next to You" in the greatest hits ... maybe the OFFSPRING put in the new album also Pass me By or It's All Good!!! I Hope!!!

Yes. I love hidden tracks. Slim Pickens sorta sounds like a hidden track to me though.

Defender
04-25-2012, 03:55 AM

The surprise that Noodles said(I hope not to be the only one) is "Dirty Magic", I guess. If there is a ghost track it won't be available for all countries. For example: "Huck it"(Conspiracy Of One) was available only for Europe and "OC Life"(Rise & Fall,Rage & Grace) only for Japan.

Dexter_italy
04-25-2012, 04:02 AM
The surprise that Noodles said(I hope not to be the only one) is "Dirty Magic", I guess. If there is a ghost track it won't be available for all countries. For example: "Huck it"(Conspiracy Of One) was available only for Europe and "OC Life"(Rise & Fall,Rage & Grace) only for Japan.

Those are Bonus track, wich is different from ghost track. ghost tracks were the "I think you should try heavy metal" thing in Ixnay and the "preview" of change the world in smash. but a bonus track would be cool too :D

RageAndLov
04-25-2012, 04:33 AM
this is fucking MASSIVE. a rerecording of dirty magic?? i never thought i'd get excited about a rerecording! I can't wait, has anyone else mentioned the front cover looks a little bit like new america's cover? probably just me and my profound ignorance of American suburban architecture. I'm looking forward to hearing all those songs! other than maybe All I Have Left is You cause i'm an old-offspring elitist wanker who judges things by titles :D

It's just the cover of the single though, not the album.

Defender
04-25-2012, 04:34 AM
Those are Bonus track, wich is different from ghost track. ghost tracks were the "I think you should try heavy metal" thing in Ixnay and the "preview" of change the world in smash. but a bonus track would be cool too :D

I hope so :cool:

Degstur Lolland
04-25-2012, 08:07 AM
Demons (A Mexican Fiesta) ONLY INSIDE ON MY VERSION
Nitro (Youth Energy)
Pretty Fly (For a White Guy)
(Can't Get My) Head Around You
Come Out and Play (Keep 'Em Separated) GH

So we are blessed twice!

Cruising California (Bumpin' in My Trunk)
I Wanna Secret Family (with You)

However, WE DON'T HAVE A SINGLE WORD TITLE, tragedy!

Strange balance.

Also, a nice pattern of song titles' number of words.

Degstur Lolland
04-25-2012, 08:52 AM
They do it every other album and all of them are unique, youth energy has [].

O.C. Guns could have 2 dots from L.A.P.D. :D

Then there are some other things on other albums, 3 question marks, 2 albums with 2 commas. 1 &. 1 -. TO: RFRG.

Far too many possible signs, but too few albums. They gotta do exclamation mark! :d Hmmm they did, in lyrics...

RonWelty
04-25-2012, 11:33 AM
Demons (A Mexican Fiesta) ONLY INSIDE ON MY VERSION
Nitro (Youth Energy)
Pretty Fly (For a White Guy)
(Can't Get My) Head Around You
Come Out and Play (Keep 'Em Separated) GH

So we are blessed twice!

Cruising California (Bumpin' in My Trunk)
I Wanna Secret Family (with You)

However, WE DON'T HAVE A SINGLE WORD TITLE, tragedy!

Strange balance.

Also, a nice pattern of song titles' number of words.

You have too much time on your hands, my friend...

Little_Miss_1565
04-25-2012, 01:58 PM
I just wanted to say I love this thread because everyone is excited. I can't wait to hear the album and find out how many of your (and my) predictions are right and wrong.

the hitcher
04-25-2012, 04:52 PM
couldn't say anything better Little_Miss_1565, im just as exited about the single let alone the album.

KrispyNotKrunchy
04-25-2012, 05:19 PM
It's very funny that people will post about what their favorite song will be. You can't tell the style of a song by the title, just like you can't judge a book by its cover. We have nowhere near enough info to make claims of which we'll love most :) :)

the hitcher
04-25-2012, 05:30 PM
i agree i hate when people speculate on a band wich 9th album has'nt even come out yet, yet that they apparently are fans but shit all over it

RageAndLov
04-25-2012, 05:36 PM
i agree i hate when people speculate on a band wich 9th album has'nt even come out yet, yet that they apparently are fans but shit all over it

I can't remember seeing any bad response on the new album itself.

the hitcher
04-25-2012, 05:48 PM
yeah sorry i should of said single, alltough i have herd a few things from small minded people, kind of made me cross beacouse they dont have a clue like the rest of us. but everyones entitled to there own opinion.

Little_Miss_1565
04-25-2012, 05:48 PM
Same here...I thought people were doing a good job of keeping things constructive. Though that might just be relative, considering the nuclear war-levels of bitching that's taken place on these forums over the years, but I thought it was overall positive.

What I think we can count on is that some people are going to love this album, some people are going to hate it, and some people are going to be somewhere in the middle. And I think there's a place for all those people here, so long as everyone's nice about it.

Llamas
04-25-2012, 06:06 PM
What I think we can count on is that some people are going to love this album, some people are going to hate it, and some people are going to be somewhere in the middle. And I think there's a place for all those people here, so long as everyone's nice about it.

And from what we know so far, it's super hard to tell where I'll end up - The Future is Now sounds AMAZING and makes me super excited, but Days Go By kinda bores me. Cruisin' California sounds like it could be the worst song they've ever written, but Dividing by Zero and Secrets from the Underground sound like potentially incredible songs. And we've all already discussed how Dirty Magic could seriously go either way - it's very unlikely that anyone will feel neutral about it.

Little_Miss_1565
04-25-2012, 06:12 PM
Very true, Llamas. And whether something is really the worst song or not is always totally relative. I hated "Pretty Fly" in 1998 but people flip out for it live today, and it's responsible for a lot of awesome people getting into the band, so I can't be mad at it.

GamerKT
04-25-2012, 06:18 PM
When I first heard the Days Go By clip, it sounded kinda weird to me. After thinking about it, I think that it sounds I'd hear in the late 80s or something; that's why it's weird. Am I alone on this?

cool 2 hate 681
04-25-2012, 06:26 PM
When I first heard the Days Go By clip, it sounded kinda weird to me. After thinking about it, I think that it sounds I'd hear in the late 80s; that's why it's weird. Am I alone on this?

no i agree it sounds kinda weird to me as well

the hitcher
04-25-2012, 06:33 PM
im not sure about late 80s mate.

offspringiztheshit
04-25-2012, 06:34 PM
yea i showed it to a friend of mine, and he said it was kinda wack as well. i mean i like it. its not the best but hell its still new music. four years is wayyy to long of a wait. i now know what RHCP fans were feeling

randman21
04-25-2012, 06:35 PM
Yeah, gimme some late '80s songs to compare it to. I'm not hearing that. Feels more like mid-'90s MOR rock stuff, if I had to categorize it.

My Name Was Taken
04-25-2012, 06:40 PM
My friend Aaron said it sounded generic and The Offspring had "Lost it"

mrXniick
04-25-2012, 11:04 PM
yea i showed it to a friend of mine, and he said it was kinda wack as well. i mean i like it. its not the best but hell its still new music. four years is wayyy to long of a wait. i now know what RHCP fans were feeling

The wait between Splinter and RAFRAG was even longer... so we are kind of use to it.. lol

MAXTER
04-26-2012, 01:56 AM
On the latest 4 released by The Offspring, I mean CO1, Splinter, Greatest Hits and RAFRAG, always we have found a bonus track in japanese edition or a bonus dvd..
I think, we can hope the same with "Days Go By" album as well!!! :)
Just wanna pointed this! ;)

Degstur Lolland
04-26-2012, 02:59 AM
No idea it sounds 80s. :D As for sounding generic, it's probably made for the radio. I think it's fresh, nice and sharp and people gonna like it except maybe most hardcore tru punx fans. :D Also, it sounds like Windows Aero. :d

SeanAshmore
04-26-2012, 04:44 AM
I don't think it sounds very 80s at all but it is a little generic :s though i bet it won't sound generic when we hear it in full. Speaking.of which, what timezone is kroq in? PDT? I can't listen online from the UK so I want to know how long I have to wait before somebody uploads a recording ha.