PDA

View Full Version : Where's Pass Me By on new album?

GuilhermeOffspring
04-23-2012, 10:54 AM
When the band will release this song? Never?!

Dexter_italy
04-23-2012, 10:56 AM
They explained it here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

momo91
04-23-2012, 10:58 AM
Not time to discuss about this!
We have a new single to be released and a fucking new album with a damn promising tracklist...so thank God for this stuff and enjoy the moment!

Jojan
04-23-2012, 11:06 AM
When the band will release this song? Never?!

Stop being a jerk. It is not your band. For what we know they might just have changed the title of it. Maybe it transformed into another song.

Little_Miss_1565
04-23-2012, 11:14 AM
Stop being a jerk. It is not your band. For what we know they might just have changed the title of it. Maybe it transformed into another song.

Backed. The band doesn't have to release every song they write. I wouldn't be surprised to find out they rewrote it into another song.

Ristifer
04-23-2012, 11:18 AM
Exactly. Besides, wasn't the clip everyone heard from that song just a riff and some drums? They could easily be reworked into a new song. Bands do that all the time. Still, even if it hasn't been reworked or whatever, we have a brand new album coming and I'm stoked. Enjoy the ride!

RonWelty
04-23-2012, 11:20 AM
I'm more curious about "it's all good"...

Little_Miss_1565
04-23-2012, 11:34 AM
I'm more curious about "it's all good"...

It might have gotten a new title like "You Will Find a Way" / "Days Go By"

DMelges
04-23-2012, 11:36 AM
Can't believe people make suck a big deal out of a nearly 10 year old ( or older ) song that we've never even heard. We just got great news on the new album and people are still worried about that one.

RonWelty
04-23-2012, 11:49 AM

yeah, It's quite possible.

cool 2 hate 681
04-23-2012, 12:58 PM
Can't believe people make suck a big deal out of a nearly 10 year old ( or older ) song that we've never even heard.

i sill want to hear protocol :D

PunksKillEmos
04-23-2012, 12:58 PM
They passed it by once more....

Little_Miss_1565
04-23-2012, 01:00 PM

Didn't it become "All I Want"?

cool 2 hate 681
04-23-2012, 01:04 PM
Didn't it become "All I Want"?

yeah but i want to hear the original version from this video if they even recorded it:confused:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4Df48ytpHM

BagOfShenanigans
04-23-2012, 02:51 PM

That would be awesome.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
04-23-2012, 06:22 PM
I second that.

Degstur Lolland
04-23-2012, 10:44 PM
Exactly. Besides, wasn't the clip everyone heard from that song just a riff and some drums? They could easily be reworked into a new song. Bands do that all the time. Still, even if it hasn't been reworked or whatever, we have a brand new album coming and I'm stoked. Enjoy the ride!
No, it's a 5 minute long spooky song.

And Pass Me By is such a great title I'm going to kill you guys if you change it. It's motherf... Pass Me By! You hear me!?

Can't believe people make suck a big deal out of a nearly 10 year old ( or older ) song that we've never even heard. We just got great news on the new album and people are still worried about that one.
Those 25 seconds are already amazing.

They should release it without vocals or something. It just can't go like that...

cool 2 hate 681
04-24-2012, 04:17 PM
i think pass me by has passed us by:(

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
04-25-2012, 06:45 PM
No, it's a 5 minute long spooky song.

If you are not kidding, I am wondering where on earth you uncovered that information.

My Name Was Taken
04-25-2012, 06:56 PM

Yes. Sequestering your spirit. :P

I actually took a "how well do you know The Offspring" test today for the lulz. I was surprised that I knew "All I Want" was supposed to be "Protocol"

the hitcher
04-25-2012, 07:01 PM
your backs to the wall but thats protocall requestring your spirit missleading us all. haha

My Name Was Taken
04-25-2012, 07:03 PM
your backs to the wall but thats protocall requestring your spirit missleading us all. haha
Pretty sure the word was Sequestering:
sequestering- present participle of se·ques·ter (Verb)
Verb: To Isolate or hide away

the hitcher
04-25-2012, 07:14 PM
sorry just my crappy spelliing sorry

My Name Was Taken
04-25-2012, 07:26 PM
sorry just my crappy spelliing sorry

It's all good. I thought you'd said "requesting" completely undermining what i'd just said.... But now everyone here knows what it means to sequester :P

mrconeman
04-25-2012, 07:58 PM
Jesus are people still talking about this?
Wasn't this rumored coming up to fucking Splinter?

Let it the fuck go. We haven't heard it for a reason. It either wasn't very good so they didn't use it, or they wrote it into another song. I mean, Christ, we don't even know if it was ever finished, Dexter might have had some lyrics and then scrapped them.

Let it go.

Greekoldfan
04-25-2012, 10:32 PM
all we have to do,is to wait until the new album come out,buy it,and listen to it to find out if pass me by is over there with new title,If it's not i'm pretty sure that the band will let us know someday.that's all. i can't wait to listen to hurting as one.something to believe in is one of my favorite songs,so i would like to listen a new song with that vibe.

Llamas
04-26-2012, 04:30 AM
Jesus are people still talking about this?
Wasn't this rumored coming up to fucking Splinter?

Let it the fuck go. We haven't heard it for a reason. It either wasn't very good so they didn't use it, or they wrote it into another song. I mean, Christ, we don't even know if it was ever finished, Dexter might have had some lyrics and then scrapped them.

Let it go.

Some people keep saying that the Offspring said some songs that didn't make it on Splinter or RFRG are being reworked for this album, but I don't recall seeing that and I've seen no proof he said that. HAU also keeps saying that the demo for Pass Me By was 5 min long, implying that it was a full song, but I haven't seen proof of that, either. In short, I really can't believe people still care about this, either. Maybe it's been reworked into another song and we don't recognize it because they changed the riff and stuff. If it was really 5 min long, maybe it was another part of the song they ended up using, and not the intro. Who knows? And who really cares?

mrconeman
04-26-2012, 06:09 AM
Plus nobody seems to have mentioned that the 20 some second demo that actually does exist (stfu hau, there is no 5 minute one) isn't even that good. It's a very very standard boring punk/Offspring power chord riff.

You people are acting like they wrote the fucking guitar intro to Stairway to Heaven and never finished it.

GuilhermeOffspring
04-26-2012, 06:50 AM

My questions its only about Pass Me By, not about new album... u understand?

bighead384
04-26-2012, 07:19 AM
You people are acting like they wrote the fucking guitar intro to Stairway to Heaven and never finished it.

Hahaha. Gotta give props.

I never got the obsession with this song. It's kind of annoying. I didn't even know that the clip in question was confirmed to be Pass Me By?

Chainsaw
04-26-2012, 07:21 AM
Plus nobody seems to have mentioned that the 20 some second demo that actually does exist (stfu hau, there is no 5 minute one) isn't even that good. It's a very very standard boring punk/Offspring power chord riff.

Exactly.

Also, people not letting go of this one might be the reason we don't get samples like that anymore :p. Probably not really, but maybe.

Edit:

Also this: "I didn't even know that the clip in question was confirmed to be Pass Me By?"

It could've just been a jam session for all we know.

Little_Miss_1565
04-26-2012, 08:41 AM
I thought they did confirm that clip was "Pass Me By," but again, the guys are super thoughtful...if the song hasn't seen the light of day yet, there's a reason for it.

SilentHunter(Spain)
04-26-2012, 09:26 AM
I think that "pass me by" is part of the new Dirty Magic included in 2012 album (i hope so)

Little_Miss_1565
04-26-2012, 09:51 AM
I think that "pass me by" is part of the new Dirty Magic included in 2012 album (i hope so)

I don't think so...?

SilentHunter(Spain)
04-26-2012, 11:04 AM
I don't think so...?

Soon we will see :D

Llamas
04-26-2012, 11:33 AM
Also, people not letting go of this one might be the reason we don't get samples like that anymore :p. Probably not really, but maybe.
That's actually good point. They showed us a clip like 10 years ago, and people still aren't shutting up about never hearing the whole song... maybe if people had let it go, they'd give us more unfinished clips, but they don't wanna be bugged to release every single song idea they have as full songs.

Ugh, I hope not.

Little_Miss_1565
04-26-2012, 11:56 AM
Soon we will see :D

There's this weird thing with this forum where people make conjectures but phrase them as though they know a secret, and that we'll all know how right they are soon. I will never understand it.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
04-26-2012, 05:13 PM
That wouldn't make sense, because it wouldn't be Dirty Magic anymore.

SilentHunter(Spain)
04-27-2012, 04:48 AM
That wouldn't make sense, because it wouldn't be Dirty Magic anymore.

But we dont know if the new dirty magic is a remake or not..

Gregmau5
04-27-2012, 04:55 AM
But we dont know if the new dirty magic is a remake or not..

Right. So you're saying they totally ditched the idea of rerecording an Ignition song and wrote a completely new song called Dirty Magic. Makes perfect sense.

Supa
04-27-2012, 06:50 AM

I wonder if they recorded the "You Will Find A Way" version of this song? It looks like they did vocals for some song if you look at their most recent "in the studio" video, from last year.

cool 2 hate 681
04-27-2012, 12:54 PM
i think they might have been asked about pass me by in the stryker interview

My Name Was Taken
04-27-2012, 01:19 PM
I wonder if they recorded the "You Will Find A Way" version of this song? It looks like they did vocals for some song if you look at their most recent "in the studio" video, from last year.

I really do want to listen to a studio version of You Will Find a Way

cool 2 hate 681
04-27-2012, 01:25 PM
I really do want to listen to a studio version of You Will Find a Way

same here i really loved the 2010 version

Supa
04-27-2012, 02:12 PM
i think they might have been asked about pass me by in the stryker interview

Why do you say that?

cool 2 hate 681
04-27-2012, 03:11 PM
Why do you say that?

because the offspring site asked them on twitter lets hope they answered the question

https://twitter.com/#!/offspringsite/status/195885500819701760

offspringiztheshit
04-27-2012, 04:47 PM
does anyone know where the stryker interview is?

cool 2 hate 681
04-27-2012, 05:38 PM
does anyone know where the stryker interview is?

it's not available yet

offspringiztheshit
04-27-2012, 05:59 PM
thanks. do u know when it will be?

dexter12296566
04-27-2012, 06:11 PM
Backed. The band doesn't have to release every song they write. I wouldn't be surprised to find out they rewrote it into another song.

That happened a couple times didn't it. The only one I can think of off of the top of my head is Cogs, though.

cool 2 hate 681
04-27-2012, 06:17 PM
thanks. do u know when it will be?

no i have no idea all i know is it was recorded this morning and it's one hour long

offspringiztheshit
04-27-2012, 07:33 PM
no i have no idea all i know is it was recorded this morning and it's one hour long okay thanks

cool 2 hate 681
04-27-2012, 09:31 PM
no problem:)

sneedo83
04-28-2012, 07:51 AM
Let's not forget how good Mission From God was, I love that song, supposedly it wasn't supposed to be released either.

Dexter_italy
04-28-2012, 08:05 AM
Let's not forget how good Mission From God was, I love that song, supposedly it wasn't supposed to be released either.

it would be cool if they played that too ad the ignition show!

Degstur Lolland
04-28-2012, 07:33 PM
Let me sing one of The Offspring's songs first: "The more you suffer, the more it shows you really care"

Some people keep saying that the Offspring said some songs that didn't make it on Splinter or RFRG are being reworked for this album, but I don't recall seeing that and I've seen no proof he said that.

HAU also keeps saying that the demo for Pass Me By was 5 min long, implying that it was a full song, but I haven't seen proof of that, either. In short, I really can't believe people still care about this, either. Maybe it's been reworked into another song and we don't recognize it because they changed the riff and stuff. If it was really 5 min long, maybe it was another part of the song they ended up using, and not the intro. Who knows? And who really cares?
"Also in June 2009, Noodles told the Edmonton Sun that the Offspring were planning to begin recording in the fall, but did not "have any songs yet. Maybe a couple of demos here and there. But we're looking at old songs and seeing if we could flesh those out."[5]""
They were looking as far as CO1, but I'm not going to search for it.

You want proof? You'll get it. People care about it because it's damn good and you can't see it because either you have no taste or it's just not designed for you. I'd recognize it if it was changed. Who cares? The real hardcore fans who know almost everything about them and remember interviews from 2003.

It's confirmed by the band, ask 1565.

You have no taste.

I thought they did confirm that clip was "Pass Me By,"
Yeah, we already had a discussion about it a couple years back.

I wouldn't be surprised to find out they rewrote it into another song.
Do you know anything? Supermod could know something. :D
---
(Plays new song)

Dexter: Kind of a slow rock song that kind of like... Well, I like it a lot. I've called it "Pass Me By". I don't know what it's going to be about. You got 5 minutes? (laughs)

Web Dude: Yeah, I want to check this one out. It sounds like "Denial, Revisited" a little. It's really hard rock with beefy guitars.

Dexter: It's kind of spooky. I like this lead part a lot. It's one of those songs where I've played it for people and they've said maybe you could shorten it or something but I kinda like it the way it is and I figure it's not necessarily gonna be on the radio and not all songs need to follow a real strict pop single format. And to a certain degree you've got to let a song write itself.

Web Dude: Yeah, there's no formula that you just plug stuff into, right?

Dexter: Not really, and it just seems like there are spots in that song where it just called for certain things. It's a 5 minute song, but I think that it's good the way it is.

Web Dude: That's cool. I like it the way it is.

Dexter: Yeah, that seemed like one you'd like.

Web Dude: Cuz I'm a rocker?

Dexter: (laughs)

Rahajt? Yehe ehe ah!