PDA

View Full Version : Which song do you expect to be your favorite in the new CD

Titus
04-23-2012, 04:39 PM
I gonna try to do something to check what is the song the fans expect to be the best on the new cd (judging by the names) and then, like a month after the cd is released, compare it with a new poll asking what is the favorite one...

GamerKT
04-23-2012, 04:40 PM
Secrets From The Underground.

Tijs
04-23-2012, 06:10 PM
Slim Pickens Does The Right Thing And Rides The Bomb To Hell

Love that title, and usually songs with long titles are awesome:

AFI - I Wanna get a Mohawk (But My Mom Won't Let Me Get One)
Bloodhound Gang - Lift Your Head Up High (And Blow Your Brains Out)
Bloodhound Gang - The Inevitable Return of the Great White Dope
Bloodhound Gang - A Lap Dance is so Much Better When the Stripper is Crying
Bomb the Music Industry! - way too many good songs with long titles. ie: "FRRRREEEEE BIIIIIIIRRRRD!!!!!! FRRRRREEEEEEEEE BIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRDDDDD!!!!!!!"
Elvis Costello - (What's so Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love & Understanding?
Fall Out Boy - I'm Like A Lawyer with the Ways I'm Always Trying to get You off (Me & You)
Queens of the Stone Age - You Think I Ain't Worth a Dollar, But I Feel Like a Millionaire (sounds more like a Mondo Generator song though)
Reverend Horton Heat - Where in the Hell Did You Go With My Toothbrush?
Rise Against - Rumors of My Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated
Sloppy Seconds - You Got a Great Body, But Your Record Collection Sucks
Sum 41 - Grab the Devil by the Horns and Fuck Him up the Ass
The Buzzcocks - Ever Fallen in Love (With Someone You Shouldn't've)
The Mad Capsule Markets - 生まれたばかりの絵画を燃やせ
The Vandals - Goop All Over the Phone (Pleasant All Over the Bill)
Weezer - (If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To
Zebrahead - Mike Dexter is a God, Mike Dexter is a Role Model, Mike Dexter is an Asshole
Zebrahead - Two Wrongs Don't Make a Right But Three Rights Make a Left

All proof that songs with long titles are among the best songs. And also, purely coincidentally remembered from the top of my head in alphabetical order.

Titus
04-23-2012, 06:19 PM
All proof that songs with long titles are among the best songs. And also, purely coincidentally remembered from the top of my head in alphabetical order.

Ninja !

randman21
04-23-2012, 06:26 PM
And also, purely coincidentally remembered from the top of my head in alphabetical order.

There's no way that's true! :eek: Amazing if it is, though.

I'm just gonna say "Hurting as One" since it's one of the few that we have any idea about.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
04-23-2012, 07:26 PM

That and "Dave's Possessed Hair It's What We're All About" were the first ones to come to my mind too.

Degstur Lolland
04-23-2012, 11:30 PM
All I have left is you, could be a sad song, but TFIN is already very strong and I love politics. Also, Dirty Magic must be fuckin great if they decided to put it there again and as a main track. Hurting As One could be great too.

Defender
04-24-2012, 01:05 AM
"The future is now" is a trap! It comes automatically on my mind all the time because is the only song I have heard ("Days go by" is completely changed so doesn't count) and I love it

Gregmau5
04-24-2012, 01:38 AM
Obviously there is no way of knowing, even the most badass title could be a bad song. But Secrets From The Underground and Slim Pickens both sound pretty badass.

danitanev
04-24-2012, 02:02 AM
The title - Secrets From The Underground sounds very nice to me!
It's cool to have the trailer and these great news from The Offspring! (I just wonder where the song - You Will Find A Way is? - maybe it's with different name or it's hidden?)
I admit many of this titles sound very interesting and new, plus the good old Dirty Magic of course.
I can't wait for the early summer!

RageAndLov
04-24-2012, 06:22 AM
I think OC Guns can potentially be a very fast-paced rock song, so probably that one. I have a feeling Dirty Magic is going to be either my favourite or my least favourite track on the record. I love the Ignition version, and I am afraid they have ruined the masterpiece.

Gregmau5
04-24-2012, 06:48 AM
I think OC Guns can potentially be a very fast-paced rock song, so probably that one. I have a feeling Dirty Magic is going to be either my favourite or my least favourite track on the record. I love the Ignition version, and I am afraid they have ruined the masterpiece.

I think I recall that a guy who was at the listening sessions in Japan described OC Guns as a 'Mexican sounding song with trumpets' or something of the sort. Anyone else remember this?

_Way_Down_the_Line_
04-24-2012, 06:58 AM
I think for the names I see, that Secrets from the Underground, might be my fav.

It makes me think of how they started from the underground and became famous, so they will tell us their secret of how to start playing and how to become famous in the underground music business ! :cool:

Man I have problems xD I'm gonna love the hole album probably haha

Just to give a plus, my second fav. name of the song is Days go by.

I don't get it why people hate so much and haven't heard it's full version yet !!

frunsi
04-24-2012, 07:10 AM
not to forget NOFX - We Threw Gasoline On The Fire And Now We Have Stumps For Arms And No Eyebrows.

Dividing By Zero sounds great to me. I hope for a breakneck fast and extremely rockin joke song in style of Da Hui :)

ThunderPX
04-24-2012, 08:23 AM
Slim Pickens Does The Right Thing And Rides The Bomb To Hell

AFI - I Wanna get a Mohawk (But My Mom Won't Let Me Get One)
Bloodhound Gang - Lift Your Head Up High (And Blow Your Brains Out)
Bloodhound Gang - The Inevitable Return of the Great White Dope
Bloodhound Gang - A Lap Dance is so Much Better When the Stripper is Crying
Bomb the Music Industry! - way too many good songs with long titles. ie: "FRRRREEEEE BIIIIIIIRRRRD!!!!!! FRRRRREEEEEEEEE BIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRDDDDD!!!!!!!"
Elvis Costello - (What's so Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love & Understanding?
Fall Out Boy - I'm Like A Lawyer with the Ways I'm Always Trying to get You off (Me & You)
Queens of the Stone Age - You Think I Ain't Worth a Dollar, But I Feel Like a Millionaire (sounds more like a Mondo Generator song though)
Reverend Horton Heat - Where in the Hell Did You Go With My Toothbrush?
Rise Against - Rumors of My Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated
Sloppy Seconds - You Got a Great Body, But Your Record Collection Sucks
The Buzzcocks - Ever Fallen in Love (With Someone You Shouldn't've)
The Mad Capsule Markets - 生まれたばかりの絵画を燃やせ
The Vandals - Goop All Over the Phone (Pleasant All Over the Bill)
Weezer - (If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To
Zebrahead - Mike Dexter is a God, Mike Dexter is a Role Model, Mike Dexter is an Asshole
Zebrahead - Two Wrongs Don't Make a Right But Three Rights Make a Left

no fuck that shit

Jojan
04-24-2012, 08:23 AM

Anal Cunt's song "I Became A Counselor So I Could Tell Rape Victims They Asked For It" is a good one too.

Llamas
04-24-2012, 03:23 PM
I hate everyone who chooses Cruisin' California.

Gregmau5
04-24-2012, 04:31 PM
The title - Secrets From The Underground sounds very nice to me!
It's cool to have the trailer and these great news from The Offspring! (I just wonder where the song - You Will Find A Way is? - maybe it's with different name or it's hidden?)
I admit many of this titles sound very interesting and new, plus the good old Dirty Magic of course.
I can't wait for the early summer!

You Will Find A Way became Days Go By, but it's a completely different song from the one we first heard in 2010.

cool 2 hate 681
04-24-2012, 04:35 PM
I hate everyone who chooses Cruisin' California.

i can't believe people voted for that

TheJakes84
04-24-2012, 05:28 PM
The Future Is Now. :)

Unnatural Disaster
04-24-2012, 09:12 PM
I picked OC Guns. Sounds like it could be interesting.

My Name Was Taken
04-25-2012, 08:22 AM
With the title "All I Have Left is You" I have a feeling it's going to get a lot of play time in my room. Then again, every single Offspring song has been my favorite song at one time or another, so I could confidently pick ANY of them.

samseby
04-25-2012, 09:03 AM
Since no one else has voted for it up to now Dirty Magic :p

Degstur Lolland
04-25-2012, 10:36 AM
Poor DGB, you hardcore fans! Let's get some radio fans. :d

randman21
04-25-2012, 10:42 AM
Yep, poor DGB. If it makes it feel any better, I think it could easily be one of my top 3 faves. One of my hobbies is making playlists of good driving songs (as I used to be a truck driver), and I think Days Go By would be an excellent one to drive to.

My Name Was Taken
04-25-2012, 11:26 AM
Yep, poor DGB. If it makes it feel any better, I think it could easily be one of my top 3 faves. One of my hobbies is making playlists of good driving songs (as I used to be a truck driver), and I think Days Go By would be an excellent one to drive to.

Not as awesome as Bad Habit

Titus
04-25-2012, 04:06 PM
No one voted for days go by yet... I think after the cd is released, the song will be the favorite for lots of people in here

Llamas
04-25-2012, 04:20 PM
Not as awesome as Bad Habit

While it's lyrically a driving song, the sound of it is really not that great for driving because it's not steady. DUI has the energy for driving, though :)

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
04-25-2012, 08:16 PM
Anal Cunt's song "I Became A Counselor So I Could Tell Rape Victims They Asked For It" is a good one too.
That's a very bizarre band name......... and song title.

MAXTER
04-25-2012, 11:47 PM
Days Go By is Tomorrow!!! :D

Greekoldfan
04-26-2012, 01:40 AM
All I Have Left Is You . I am expecting something like gone away and not like fix you, because they said that they sound like 20 years ago. The big surpise I think it's gonna be OC GUNS because of the horns instruments etc. here is what i mean https://twitter.com/#!/offspring/media/slideshow?url=pic.twitter.com%2FOJHZnKIQ

MAXTER
04-26-2012, 01:49 AM
Now I know what they gave to listen to 5 years old kids! :D

OC Gunz, Tiki, tiki, tiki
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trtJMX90Etw&feature=fvwrel

Gregmau5
04-26-2012, 01:54 AM
Now I know what they gave to listen to 5 years old kids! :D

OC Gunz, Tiki, tiki, tiki
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trtJMX90Etw&feature=fvwrel

Don't post stupid links like that you had my hopes up for a second there lol.

MAXTER
04-26-2012, 02:05 AM
Don't post stupid links like that you had my hopes up for a second there lol.

Be Happy and positive! The New Album is finished! And we will listen the new album in max 2 months or less!

Greekoldfan
04-26-2012, 02:20 AM
Be Happy and positive! The New Album is finished! And we will listen the new album in max 2 months or less!

If i am right Hammerhead came out on 8th May 2008 on their official site for free.(but the premier was in a radio broadcast a few days before.I have that mp3.probably KROQ was again) and the first release date of RAFRAG was 13th of june for Greece and some other european countries. Days go by will be broadcasted on 27th of april. I guess we will have the new album by the first week of june.

MAXTER
04-26-2012, 02:24 AM
If i am right Hammerhead came out on 8th May 2008 on their official site for free.(but the premier was in a radio broadcast a few days before.I have that mp3.probably KROQ was again) and the first release date of RAFRAG was 13th of june for Greece and some other european countries. Days go by will be broadcasted on 27th of april. I guess we will have the new album by the first week of june.

I hope so!!! I would like to listen the new cd before to some European shows upcoming this june!

5 June?
26 June?
:D

And findout "Days Go By" phisical single cd! promo, maxi, whateva :)

Defender
04-26-2012, 02:28 AM
I guess we will have the new album by the first week of june.

I was just thinking about that. I hope they surprise us and release the album earlier,though.

Greekoldfan
04-26-2012, 02:40 AM
I was just thinking about that. I hope they surprise us and release the album earlier,though.

so far they only surprise us with delays :P

MAXTER
04-26-2012, 02:45 AM
just the Patience can save us! :D

Degstur Lolland
04-26-2012, 03:07 AM
All I Have Left Is You . I am expecting something like gone away and not like fix you, because they said that they sound like 20 years ago.

The big surpise I think it's gonna be OC GUNS because of the horns instruments etc. here is what i mean https://twitter.com/#!/offspring/media/slideshow?url=pic.twitter.com%2FOJHZnKIQ
Could be a death song, maybe it's even Pass Me By.

What can you extract from those sheets? I can see something like Lo Harm or Lo Horns. :D How do you know there will be horns? But some police horns would make sense.

Greekoldfan
04-26-2012, 05:02 AM
here's the answer http://twitpic.com/6zeg03 http://twitpic.com/6zefh5

Titus
04-30-2012, 06:21 PM
Bah, I need to follow their twitter. Havent seen those pics till now, thank you

AllIn All It's Not So Bad
04-30-2012, 06:33 PM
Bumpin' In My Trunk

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
04-30-2012, 06:40 PM
I voted Dividing By Zero.

Llamas
04-30-2012, 07:07 PM
I will seriously come and kick everyone in the privates who voted for Bumpin' in my Trunk.

mario_spaghettio
04-30-2012, 07:57 PM
I will seriously come and kick everyone in the privates who voted for Bumpin' in my Trunk.that's hot :p

manux
04-30-2012, 08:28 PM
I have heard "cruising California" and "days go by" and I'm still waiting for a decent song. Sorry to say but these 2 are one of the worsts I've listened from the Offspring in years.

However "the future is now" actually sounds like the offspring and quite decent.

Little_Miss_1565
04-30-2012, 09:55 PM
HAU, Jesus god man. Let Pass Me By go. Just. Let. It. Go.

the_real_potomek
05-01-2012, 05:25 AM
My vote goes to OC Guns:) probably because the title reminds me of OC Life and I like that song.

keonii7
05-01-2012, 05:47 AM
Looking at these track names after listening to Cruising California makes me wonder if they're really going for the nostalgia with this album.

It's like, they want to go back to the days of skateboarding and spiked hair, but they're not actually going there, just sayiing they wanna go back.

That's why I'm still saying, dividing by zero, because that's just impossible.

Llamas
05-01-2012, 05:50 AM
Looking at these track names after listening to Cruising California makes me wonder if they're really going for the nostalgia with this album.

It's like, they want to go back to the days of skateboarding and spiked hair, but they're not actually going there, just sayiing they wanna go back.

That's why I'm still saying, dividing by zero, because that's just impossible.

That's what I said in another thread. It seems more and more like kind of a concept album about growing up, getting older, maturing, and nostalgia.

keonii7
05-01-2012, 05:57 AM
That's what I said in another thread. It seems more and more like kind of a concept album about growing up, getting older, maturing, and nostalgia.

I hope they do that in the most hardcore, crazy way possible.