PDA

View Full Version : Figuring out Pass Me By

Degstur Lolland
04-24-2012, 01:38 PM
I have a theory that it got into the new album under All I Have Left Is You name. It could be a death song, but it's a big speculation so don't count on it.

If it's not true I want to help them to finish it because it has a huge potential.

From the youtube clip below I feel it's about loving someone beyond death.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0utghAJdkfI
Drums sound like a heartbeat, but the best part is the heartbreaking guitar. You can even see heart getting pictured on the display. :d

Dexter didn't know what was the song about IIRC. And also called it heavy and spooky. So I think it's about love and death. It's kinda creepy, but also good and sad.

Here's MikeRamone's video, he takes it into IMO in Change The World direction a bit at the end of the video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-7N-mEolM0&feature=endscreen&NR=1

Another option is to release it as a b-side even if not really finished or without vocals, who cares it's 5 minutes long. It could be reworked later like Dirty Magic. Not sure if there would be any legal problems...

Also, Pass Me By is a great title and everyone loves it, don't change it, please.

Jojan
04-24-2012, 02:23 PM
I got the feeling that it is a slow intro for a fast strong song.

weezly
04-24-2012, 02:37 PM
come on guys, get over this pass me by crap, i mean its like if you heard 5 seconds of neocon and were going oh man we are missing out on something... theres nothing great about pass me by, other than the fact you just want to hear it...

Llamas
04-24-2012, 02:56 PM
I've never thought that bit we heard of what was possibly called Pass Me By was anything special, honestly, and I don't really care that they never finished it and we never heard it. If they'd liked it enough, they could've slipped it on to the end of Splinter, like when they put a sample of Pay the Man and of Change the World on the end of Smash, which they later reworked into those songs because they thought they were worth it. Obviously they didn't think that Pass Me By clip was worth working into something.

Also, the bizzare, unfounded speculation is getting old fast. Nobody really cares what you think songs might be like :P

Degstur Lolland
04-24-2012, 03:11 PM
Listen again, it's 25 seconds of something amazing and it's a 5 minute song.

You hear me!? It's Pass Me By!!! :D

And if you can't bring anything constructive. GTFO.

Dexter_italy
04-24-2012, 03:50 PM
oh gosh dude you're fucking obsessed with pass me by...

RageAndLov
04-24-2012, 03:56 PM
I think it is a really great riff, and it would fit in to Splinter easily. It has the same vibe as The Noose, Long Way Home, Never Gonna Find Me and Lightning Rod. Perhaps the band didn't get anything more than that riff, and there was not much to do. Or perhaps the rest of the song wasn't particularly good. The expectation that riff has made is now hard to deliver, and if the song is not good enough to be taken from the demo-stage, then it is perhaps for the better that we never get to hear the full version, if there ever were such a thing.

cool 2 hate 681
04-24-2012, 04:20 PM
too bad it's never going to come out:(

Titus
04-24-2012, 04:29 PM
I think the 25 seconds of pass me by is very close to vultures or dirty magic, and both are my favorite songs of them. I am obsessed with pass me by too! But I still think we are going to hear it someday...

Degstur Lolland
04-25-2012, 01:08 AM
oh gosh dude you're fucking obsessed with pass me by...
Yeah and I love to be obsessed with it. :D

I think it is a really great riff, and it would fit in to Splinter easily. It has the same vibe as The Noose, Long Way Home, Never Gonna Find Me and Lightning Rod. Perhaps the band didn't get anything more than that riff, and there was not much to do. Or perhaps the rest of the song wasn't particularly good. The expectation that riff has made is now hard to deliver, and if the song is not good enough to be taken from the demo-stage, then it is perhaps for the better that we never get to hear the full version, if there ever were such a thing.
I don't think they repeat the same riff for 5 minutes. They didn't have a theme for it so I tried to help, but let's wait for the new album, maybe it's there.

They can have any producer so it kinda doesn't make sense.

It's a waste not to hear it for another 10 years. If nothing cannot be done about it, I can accept it, just release it, who cares if it sucks, some fans are gonna love anyway. Lots of bands release tons of shit after a new album and those songs are very loved even if they are not really terrific or perfected for an album.

too bad it's never going to come out:(
:(:(

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
04-25-2012, 08:01 PM
Listen again, it's 25 seconds of something amazing and it's a 5 minute song.

Where did you hear that it is 5 minutes? I'm very curious.

Also, now I kind of want to hear it if they ever finish it, mainly because everyone has such positive expectations. It's mainly a curiosity thing for me.

Greekoldfan
04-26-2012, 06:27 AM
I got the feeling that it is a slow intro for a fast strong song.

It could be.somehow pass me by demo sounds familiar with can't get my head around you to me.

Degstur Lolland
04-28-2012, 08:43 PM
(Plays new song)

Dexter: Kind of a slow rock song that kind of like... Well, I like it a lot. I've called it "Pass Me By". I don't know what it's going to be about. You got 5 minutes? (laughs)

Web Dude: Yeah, I want to check this one out. It sounds like "Denial, Revisited" a little. It's really hard rock with beefy guitars.

Dexter: It's kind of spooky. I like this lead part a lot. It's one of those songs where I've played it for people and they've said maybe you could shorten it or something but I kinda like it the way it is and I figure it's not necessarily gonna be on the radio and not all songs need to follow a real strict pop single format. And to a certain degree you've got to let a song write itself.

Web Dude: Yeah, there's no formula that you just plug stuff into, right?

Dexter: Not really, and it just seems like there are spots in that song where it just called for certain things. It's a 5 minute song, but I think that it's good the way it is.

Web Dude: That's cool. I like it the way it is.

Dexter: Yeah, that seemed like one you'd like.

Web Dude: Cuz I'm a rocker?

Dexter: (laughs)

Degstur Lolland
04-28-2012, 08:53 PM
I was thinking maybe this song is very personal to Dexter and it's difficult to pull it out, however he did Gone Away and Kristy so...

I was thinking maybe they could hire some professional lyrics writer...

nancyoff
04-28-2012, 09:02 PM
It could be.somehow pass me by demo sounds familiar with can't get my head around you to me.

thatīs exactly what I thought

Degstur Lolland
04-28-2012, 09:15 PM
Talking about demos. We need to hear the whole Can't get my head around you and Days go by demo too!

Jhonny
04-29-2012, 04:06 AM
Do you think our wishes here about getting the song on an album eventually actually will help?

Gregmau5
04-29-2012, 05:21 AM
Do you think our wishes here about getting the song on an album eventually actually will help?

Maybe we could bribe them?

Degstur Lolland
04-29-2012, 09:55 AM
Hmmm, our wishes, well, I'm trying to be constructive and give some ideas out...