PDA

View Full Version : Special Offspring Show At Alex's Bar May 3

Pages : [1] 2

TheJakes84
04-24-2012, 02:03 PM
Hey Offspring Fans,
The band will perform a special show on May 3 at Alex's Bar in Long Beach, CA (www.alexsbar.com). The bar holds just a couple hundred rowdy folks like yourself and for this special occasion The Offspring will perform their Ignition album in its entirety along with new and classic songs. It's the 20th anniversary of Ignition, the band's first release on Epitaph Records. We're hoping this show does better than Ignition's initial record release party in Fullerton in 1992 - that only drew 25 diehard fans.

So how do you get tickets?
On Wednesday, April 25 at 10:00 AM Pacific the entry form on this link will become active: www.offspring.com/alexsbartickets
The entry form will enable you to enter a lottery for the opportunity to purchase tickets to the show. It will be open until 10:00 AM on Thursday, April 26. On that date randomly selected entrants will be notified of their opportunity to purchase two (2) tickets during a limited time window, only sold in pairs. If any tickets remain after that window, another group of randomly selected entrants will be notified of the opportunity to purchase tickets and so on until the ticket allocation is exhausted.

IMPORTANT: THIS IS A WILL CALL ONLY 21+ SHOW. BOTH THE TICKET BUYER AND THEIR GUEST MUST SHOW VALID GOVERNMENT ISSUED PHOTO ID AND BE 21 YEARS OLD OR OLDER TO ENTER THE VENUE. NO EXCEPTIONS. NO TRANSFERS, EXCHANGES OR REFUNDS WILL BE PERMITTED. NO RE-ENTRY. TICKETS WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE AT THE DOOR.

Good luck and see you at the show!

Offspring.com

PS - This show is just a part of many Offspring happenings this year. A new single "Days Go By" premieres this Friday, April 27. A new album of the same name will be released this Summer. And the band will be on tour throughout the year. Stay connected with Offspring.com and www.facebook.com/offspring for the latest updates.

Jojan
04-24-2012, 02:31 PM
Let us see for how long this thread will stay.

Amiralanal
04-24-2012, 02:31 PM
Nice.... Nice

Little_Miss_1565
04-24-2012, 02:33 PM
It's officially allowed to stay now. But the more it's discussed, the less chances y'all will have to get in....

Zee
04-24-2012, 02:41 PM
Wow, so in reality they will do it! Never thought this would've happen, simply awesome.

PS - This show is just a part of many Offspring happenings this year. A new single "Days Go By" premieres this Friday, April 27. A new album of the same name will be released this Summer. And the band will be on tour throughout the year. Stay connected with Offspring.com and www.facebook.com/offspring for the latest updates.

Anyone think there will be one in Europe too? For example there's four full days off right now at the Euro schedule after Germany...

Manic subsidal
04-24-2012, 02:51 PM
I will be there :)

Beheaded
04-24-2012, 03:23 PM
FUCK! Hoping for something similar in Europe!

And maybe, there's a chance for a live-bonus-album?:p

Tijs
04-24-2012, 03:27 PM
Awesome that they're doing this, hopefully more to come. Europe would be very nice indeed :)

I will be there :)Are you going to be randomly selected? :)

MAXTER
04-24-2012, 03:34 PM
Great!!! Wow!!!

europe would be very nice indeed :)

Dexter_italy
04-24-2012, 03:38 PM
I just wet my pants!! europe please! but after the festivals :D

nightvision
04-24-2012, 03:44 PM
I'm officially stunned. Wow.

Dexter_italy
04-24-2012, 03:48 PM
it'll be fun watching pete playing those old songs! they're more complicated than new ones :D

RageAndLov
04-24-2012, 03:50 PM
I think this is amazing by the band, and I really envy the lucky hundreds who get to go. It's really no surprise that this happens back on Long Beach where the band comes from, and I don't expect the band to do the same thing in Europe, but I really wish for them to do it. If I had the money, I would go all the long way to Long Beach to experience this. This record, that they will be playing in its entirety, is one of the best records I have ever heard, much better than the rest of Offspring's discography. It's really cool by the band to do this.

martin_theoffspring
04-24-2012, 03:50 PM
how find the link http://www.offspring.com/alexsbartickets/ ?

Camilamazed
04-24-2012, 04:14 PM
I am going no matter what. If I don't get the lottery I will find a place where I will be able to listen to them while I cry my freaking eyes out.

Manic subsidal
04-24-2012, 04:34 PM
Are you going to be randomly selected? :)

Yes. I'm on a mission from god to go to this show. I even live right next to Alex's bar on anaheim st haha.

Since we have to purchase two tickets, I much rather find another old school offspring fan here to give it to. PM me.

Tijs
04-24-2012, 04:40 PM
Since we have to purchase two tickets, I much rather find another old school offspring fan here to give it to. PM me.

I am going no matter what. If I don't get the lottery I will find a place where I will be able to listen to them while I cry my freaking eyes out.

Match made in heaven :)

Little_Miss_1565
04-24-2012, 04:41 PM

...so long as one of them gets picked in the lottery.

Camilamazed
04-24-2012, 04:51 PM

Right?!!!!

Tijs
04-24-2012, 04:53 PM
...so long as one of them gets picked in the lottery.Well chances just doubled for them.

Manic subsidal
04-24-2012, 05:04 PM
Right?!!!!

Ok perfect! We'll let each other know if we get picked. If we both do, then maybe two other members here might be interested in going, and so on. If old fans can't see a show that was meant for them.. then shit is fucked up :P

and yeah like I said already, I live here in Long Beach. I have a big living room for anybody needing to crash too.

cool 2 hate 681
04-24-2012, 05:06 PM
i pray to god i can get tickets

Camilamazed
04-24-2012, 05:09 PM
Ok perfect! We'll let each other know if we get picked. If we both do, then maybe two other members here might be interested in going, and so on. If old fans can't see a show that was meant for them.. then shit is fucked up :P

and yeah like I said already, I live here in Long Beach. I have a big living room for anybody needing to crash too.

contact me here or at jim@jimtmusic.com

You're awesome! Seriously, this show is meant for people who really like old school. It's a shame that most of these fans don't dig the offspring anymore... =/

Amen, dude. Amen.

TheJakes84
04-24-2012, 05:26 PM
:cool: Stoked. 10101010

generalpike
04-24-2012, 05:33 PM
for the love of god this needs to be filmed

Titus
04-24-2012, 05:41 PM
This is great!!!

Sooo jealous of the people who are watching it!
I'd sell my soul for that!

hshduppsnt
04-24-2012, 07:48 PM

no one else pay any attention to this thread.

(JEDI MIND TRICKS) There is no secret show. You don't have anything to register for tomorrow. This is not the band you were looking for.

I guess we'll see how lucky I am, eh?

offspringiztheshit
04-24-2012, 07:49 PM
no one else pay any attention to this thread.

(JEDI MIND TRICKS) There is no secret show. You don't have anything to register for tomorrow. This is not the band you were looking for.

I guess we'll see how lucky I am, eh?

how do u know its fake?

TheJakes84
04-24-2012, 07:53 PM
SHiT iS FUCKED UP :mad:

offspringiztheshit
04-24-2012, 07:55 PM
is anyone aware of any other small clubs shows? or just US shows?

Mad Tiger
04-24-2012, 09:51 PM
Fuck! I wish I could go. Ignition is my favorite album ever. God damn, there needs to be pro shots. Y U NO play Ignition in Washington? ;_;

hshduppsnt
04-25-2012, 12:17 AM
how do u know its fake?

haha it's not fake I was making a joke so people would avoid signing up so I'd have a better chance at getting picked ;).

edit: in all seriousness hopefully lots of people from boards make it ... need some serious ignition fans there haha

momo91
04-25-2012, 01:48 AM
This is just awesome!
I really hope for a Europe date too! (Dexter spoke about "some little club shows")

Lord_Gabo
04-25-2012, 01:55 AM
is anyone aware of any other small clubs shows? or just US shows?

This is just awesome!
I really hope for a Europe date too! (Dexter spoke about "some little club shows")

I bet that they'll play ignition in Europe @trabendo club .

Dexter_italy
04-25-2012, 02:20 AM
if it happens in paris, I HAVE to be there... but with my luck it'll be the day of my graduation!

Chainsaw
04-25-2012, 03:00 AM
if it happens in paris, I HAVE to be there... but with my luck it'll be the day of my graduation!

I'd blow off my graduation for a show like this (formal celebration stuff sucks anyway).

If there's not going to be pro shots I'll... well i won't do anything except be really sad.

ad8
04-25-2012, 03:17 AM
Imagine only 25 people would show up :D
But this sounds like the greatest thing ever. I wish I could go...

this.

Dexter_italy
04-25-2012, 03:59 AM
I'd blow off my graduation for a show like this (formal celebration stuff sucks anyway).

If there's not going to be pro shots I'll... well i won't do anything except be really sad.

If I don't go I don't graduate, otherwise...fuck it! XD

Zee
04-25-2012, 04:11 AM
I skipped my math matriculation examination in 2005 because of an Offspring club gig in Finland, duude. Things in priority. :D

MAXTER
04-25-2012, 04:17 AM
I skipped my math matriculation examination in 2005 because of an Offspring club gig in Finland, duude. Things in priority. :D

hahaha :D

The Offspring in priority! That's so true!!! :D

Dexter_italy
04-25-2012, 04:21 AM

I just hope on not having to make that decision! :D

Zee
04-25-2012, 04:21 AM
hahaha :D

The Offspring in priority! That's so true!!! :D

Yes, mr. Max.

Also a couple years ago my boss at work didn't like my "Offspring" vacations at at all, being off from work like two weeks (last summer). :D Still waiting for the permanent contract (coming this fall prolly). :)

RageAndLov
04-25-2012, 05:38 AM
Anyone else noticing that it is impossible to get to the ticket page from the main site? The only way to get to the ticket page is from this thread on this forum. This concert is really just for us BBS kids!

samseby
04-25-2012, 06:25 AM
I think this is amazing by the band, and I really envy the lucky hundreds who get to go.[...]
Yeah, so do I :(

Absolutely ;) it's been way too long since the last DVD :p

Edit:
Maybe they'll play some Ignition songs on tour ... in addition to the 'usual' songs ;)

jacknife737
04-25-2012, 06:34 AM
This is pretty rad, though it's not really feasible for me to attend I look forward to hearing some of the live recordings.

Degstur Lolland
04-25-2012, 07:27 AM
This shizz should be recorded. Get at least some half-professional dude or something...this is pretty special.

Manic subsidal
04-25-2012, 10:36 AM
I might record a song or two

Camilamazed
04-25-2012, 11:05 AM
And let's keep our fingers crossed...

If I am lucky enough to get in, I will not be emotionally stable to record anything. I might even pass out of old age and high blood pressure. It's too much for me...

Manic subsidal
04-25-2012, 11:05 AM
Even though this a lottery, I went to submit at 10:00:0001 AM :P

getting so hyped for this!

Camilamazed
04-25-2012, 11:08 AM
Same here hahaha... Just in case...

cool 2 hate 681
04-25-2012, 11:11 AM
it was posted on a bunch of news sites:mad: there are probably way more people is this lottery now thanks to this thread

http://dyingscene.com/news/the-offspring-announce-20th-anniversary-show-for-ignition-at-alexs-bar-in-long-beach/
http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2722002

rdcouch
04-25-2012, 11:13 AM
I have been excited for this since I got the email, I really really hope I win the lottery. I am from Long Beach, born and raised, and have already made plans to come back home from college that day (I'm not too far away anyway). Plus, if I'm going to this I might as well stay in Long Beach for the Weenie Roast they are performing at a couple days later.

I'm so glad I'm 21 now, if this happened last year I would have been extremely upset haha.

Here's to hoping we all get that lucky winner email...

hshduppsnt
04-25-2012, 11:17 AM
it was posted on a bunch of news sites:mad: there are probably way more people is this lottery now thanks to this thread

http://dyingscene.com/news/the-offspring-announce-20th-anniversary-show-for-ignition-at-alexs-bar-in-long-beach/
http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2722002

ugh! no way I get it now - Wonderful haha

Manic subsidal
04-25-2012, 11:52 AM
I'm at cal state long beach right now and I told somebody about this show on accident. I'm trying to keep it a secret but it's hard when it's like the only thing on your mind.

I lucked out though, this guy told me how he went to the same school as noodles' daughter and went to some birthday party where noodles was there, so he tried to get his autograph but noodles wouldn't let him. So he hates offspring now for that and doesn't care about this show haha. I'll be quiet the rest of the day around here :P

Little_Miss_1565
04-25-2012, 01:04 PM
Anyone else noticing that it is impossible to get to the ticket page from the main site? The only way to get to the ticket page is from this thread on this forum. This concert is really just for us BBS kids!

...actually, it was set up for people on the mailing list, and was emailed out to people in the area. But yes, it's intentional that you can't get to the ticket page from the main site.

hshduppsnt
04-25-2012, 01:29 PM
...actually, it was set up for people on the mailing list, and was emailed out to people in the area. But yes, it's intentional that you can't get to the ticket page from the main site.

yep. which is why the news spreading to media areas for the greater LA area to participate in kind of ruins things.

cool 2 hate 681
04-25-2012, 01:31 PM
yep. which is why the news spreading to media areas for the greater LA area to participate in kind of ruins things.

the fact that they are having a lottery does as well the tickets should have went on sale today to us hardcore fans who are in the know

rdcouch
04-25-2012, 01:32 PM
I suspect this is why they require the zip code on the entry form, they may filter out to only local people since that is who it was sent to. Or they will cross reference the email sign-ups with those on the mailing list. Just because the word spread doesn't mean they haven't put measures in place, I'm sure they fully expected this to happen.

What I said also might not be the case, maybe all sign-ups and zip codes will be kept in the running.

Krojd
04-25-2012, 02:25 PM
Only thing whats missing is Ron behind the drums, even just for one song... and me in the audience.

cool 2 hate 681
04-25-2012, 02:33 PM
can someone please ban alex101?

http://www.punknews.org/article/47101

Dexter_italy
04-25-2012, 02:37 PM

I think the problem isn't alex101... but whoever started this thread really... nothing to be banned for in my opinion, just not a smart move

hshduppsnt
04-25-2012, 02:43 PM
^ well crap...

cool 2 hate 681
04-25-2012, 02:45 PM
I think the problem isn't alex101... but whoever started this thread really... nothing to be banned for in my opinion, just not a smart move

yeah ipunk is at fault more then alex101:mad:

it's pretty fucked up how people that are not on the mailing list can sign up

it's time like these i wish the offspring had a fanclub

Dexter_italy
04-25-2012, 02:48 PM
At least I hope that this "leak of news" will attract the old fans! (I think it's cool the club is for over21!! )

cool 2 hate 681
04-25-2012, 02:50 PM
(I think it's cool the club is for over21!! )

it's not really a club it's a bar that holds around 150 people :(

Little_Miss_1565
04-25-2012, 02:55 PM
the fact that they are having a lottery does as well the tickets should have went on sale today to us hardcore fans who are in the know

That would be awesome, but I'm not sure how they could have policed that since they don't have a "fan club" per se. Maybe this is something they can consider in the future.

I suspect this is why they require the zip code on the entry form, they may filter out to only local people since that is who it was sent to. Or they will cross reference the email sign-ups with those on the mailing list. Just because the word spread doesn't mean they haven't put measures in place, I'm sure they fully expected this to happen.

What I said also might not be the case, maybe all sign-ups and zip codes will be kept in the running.

My experience with the band is that they are extremely thoughtful dudes, and few if any details are overlooked...I'd be willing to bet there's a method to all this madness. :)

it's pretty fucked up how people that are not on the mailing list can sign up

Well, yes and no - I mean, if I were the band, I'd want to make sure that bar is packed full of the fans who have supported them the most over the years, and a lot of those people are regular posters here on the forum. I'm sure they expected the lottery link to get out, but that's also why they only emailed it to people on the mailing list. I'm not sure there's a way to prevent anyone from using the link if they're not on the mailing list. I think they're making the best of it and trying to be as fair as possible. They're going to break more than a few hearts here, which is why I'm trying to help manage expectations. I was super pissed off when I got the email because this is the one weekend I'm out of town, so I can only imagine how people are going to feel if and when they don't get picked in the lottery. But I think that's ultimately a more fair way to do it than first-come first-served.

Dexter_italy
04-25-2012, 02:55 PM
it's not really a club it's a bar that holds around 150 people :(

Yes I searched for some pics! even more awesome!

randman21
04-25-2012, 04:42 PM

HA! WHO GOT THE LAST LAUGH NOW, MOTHERFUCKERS? It's only funny because I'm not able to go anyway, but he's definitely screwing you guys on this one.

Danno
04-25-2012, 11:23 PM
When they first announced that they would be doing some "small club shows" to play Ignition in its entirety I figured it may just be a few dates in California so I told my buddy who lives in LA that as long as I could secure the funds and he could secure tix that I'd fly out (being that like many of you Ignition is my favorite album). Unfortunately they announced this a week prior to the show making it impossible for me to get the funds or the time off.

So hopefully they schedule some more "all-Ignition" shows down the road and preferably closer to home. Congrats to all those that get to go.

-Danno

Greekoldfan
04-26-2012, 01:30 AM
that was what Pete was talking about, old school punk songs rehearsals. Defenitely we need a dvd with this show and any other ignition celebration show or at least a live streaming for all the die hard fans. European Ignition show(s) could be a dream for me. I thing they should have done it with the s/t 20 years.

ps: Is it time for a fanclub again (like ixnay days) or offspring web nation again?what about a new threat to ask about it officially?

MAXTER
04-26-2012, 01:41 AM
1) An "Ignition" show here in Europe would be a dream come true, for all Die Hard Fans! :)

2) I wish someone will be recording the Long Beach show! It would be very interessing to see it into an official DVD! A Piece Of Memorabillia!

3) Don't we deserve it for a fanclub again? I think, it could be a good question to Dexter ;)

Dexter_italy
04-26-2012, 01:45 AM
1) An "Ignition" show here in Europe would be a dream come true, for all Die Hard Fans! :)

2) I wish someone will be recording the Long Beach show! It would be very interessing to see it into an official DVD! A Piece Of Memorabillia!

3) Don't we deserve it for a fanclub again?

Yes, unfortunately they let us know only by mail so if it happens in other nations I won't be able to know, if not by a leak as it's happened here, but I hope people will keep it for themselves a bit ( I know, it's against me too). At the same time I hope that the band will email all the european fans knowing that some of us are ready to jump on a plane\bus\car to see a show like that!

TripleDK
04-26-2012, 08:40 AM
what about a new threat to ask about it officially?

I don't like to be THAT GUY, but... this is one of the cases where one little spelling mistake can change the meaning of your sentence to something almost illegal :p

Greekoldfan
04-26-2012, 08:55 AM
I don't like to be THAT GUY, but... this is one of the cases where one little spelling mistake can change the meaning of your sentence to something almost illegal :p

hahahaha I didn't mentioned it! ThreaD !!!

Camilamazed
04-26-2012, 09:09 AM
HA! WHO GOT THE LAST LAUGH NOW, MOTHERFUCKERS? It's only funny because I'm not able to go anyway, but he's definitely screwing you guys on this one.

You, Sir, are a meanie. =p

You know what saddens me? The fact that a lot of people who will win the lottery will probably drag a friend who is mostly likely not into the band. I have talked to a lot of people in concerts that were there just to keep company for a friend. That's just annoying.

An epic celebration like this one should be only for fans. Alanis Morissette does things like that. A channel in Brazil invited her to be in a soap opera, later they wanted to have a show only for people form the channel. She said no, she would only play if there were fans in the audience. The channel than contacted fan clubs and gave out tickets. That was pretty awesome.

Dexter_italy
04-26-2012, 09:34 AM
Unfortunately the Offspring hasn't got a fan club. But they have emails of bbs members, I'm positive they'll keep an eye on it. As for the 2 tickets I'd rather bring someone I find at the entrance of the show then bringing a friend who doesn't care. I wouldn't give a chance to someone who doesn't deserve it.

D0NT
04-26-2012, 10:40 AM
I have mixed emotions about this, on one hand Im sad as If I wanted to cry or just die. because its my favorite Offspring album . it is perfect.

I wish so bad I could go. But on the other hand Im happy for this since Ignition deserves this kind of celebration.

Im sorry I can get is to see this, but hope they will start playing some songs off this album , besides Dirty Magic that they've remade and will relase in the new album

Manic subsidal
04-26-2012, 10:52 AM
They should of sent all of us on the mailinglist a special code or something to put us above all the other people who don't even know offspring's early material.

I mean, it's kind of cool if a lot of people unfamiliar with Ignition go to the show because they would get hooked onto those old songs too. But if I were in the band, I definitely would prefer to play a show for the real fans.

Oh well, I guess we'll see soon who gets in!

Little_Miss_1565
04-26-2012, 11:00 AM
They should of sent all of us on the mailinglist a special code or something to put us above all the other people who don't even know offspring's early material.

... and then someone would have posted the code on the forum, and Alex101 would have posted it to Punknews and Dying Scene. Sucks, but I think they're handling it the best they could.

hshduppsnt
04-26-2012, 11:03 AM
... and then someone would have posted the code on the forum, and Alex101 would have posted it to Punknews and Dying Scene. Sucks, but I think they're handling it the best they could.

agreed. ultimately you can only do so much in this age of information

edit: too much of a hassle to generate unique code for each person on list

Manic subsidal
04-26-2012, 11:05 AM
No, you could definitely make this type of thing fair. I mean, even with the e-mails we have on the mailinglist, that could of been our "code". When the lottery is done, they can just search for which e-mails match the mailinglist, send them all a confirmation code, etc.

cool 2 hate 681
04-26-2012, 11:10 AM
tps: Is it time for a fanclub again (like ixnay days) or offspring web nation again?what about a new threat to ask about it officially?

i agree but i don't think that will happen they should just add another ignition show

i don't know why they don't play house of blues or something like that it holds 1000 people and would sell out

Manic subsidal
04-26-2012, 11:13 AM
i don't know why they don't play house of blues or something like that it holds 1000 people and would sell out

because small shows are really personal and special.

cool 2 hate 681
04-26-2012, 11:15 AM
because small shows are really personal and special.

house of blues is small isn't it?

Manic subsidal
04-26-2012, 11:19 AM
house of blues is small isn't it?

lmao I think offspring should play an actual "house" show. Like in someone's living room. Ignition live... acoustic! :P

Sil
04-26-2012, 11:27 AM
Developing ulcers right now...

cool 2 hate 681
04-26-2012, 12:40 PM
more media links

http://www.alterthepress.com/2012/04/offspring-to-perform-ignition-album-in_24.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
http://www.altpress.com/news/entry/the_offspring_to_perform_ignition_in_its_entirety_ at_long_beach_club_show?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=altpress
http://encore.orangecounty.com/2012/04/25/music-news-offspring-announces-ignition-anniversary-show-at-alexs-bar-in-long-beach/
http://soundcheck.ocregister.com/2012/04/25/the-offspring-to-play-ignition-anniversary-show-at-alexs-bar-in-long-beach/93580/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

hshduppsnt
04-26-2012, 12:47 PM
so I wonder how long this will take...

cool 2 hate 681
04-26-2012, 12:48 PM
so I wonder how long this will take...

do you think they are already sold out?

Manic subsidal
04-26-2012, 12:54 PM
I wonder how long the limited time window thing will last. I'd like to spend a couple hours today without internet on me so I can go to a farmers market. I swear, when I get back it's going to be like "congrats, you have the opportunity to purchase tickets... oh wait, too late!"

hshduppsnt
04-26-2012, 12:56 PM
do you think they are already sold out?

No, limited window makes me think they're doing it in waves to see if people buy singles or pairs... plus I'm not entirely convinced they've started. (hoping?)

edit: you'd feel like SOMEONE on this board would get it.

cool 2 hate 681
04-26-2012, 12:58 PM
No, limited window makes me think they're doing it in waves to see if people buy singles or pairs

well it says they are only sold in pairs

hshduppsnt
04-26-2012, 01:05 PM
well it says they are only sold in pairs

weird I could've sworn yesterday it said something else...

well then I'm out of hopeful guesses. Maybe they just haven't started yet.

Camilamazed
04-26-2012, 01:16 PM
I'm screwed. Since there won't be will call, how the fudge am I supposed to buy them if I get lucky enough to win the lottery?

Oh well, I'll be fine on the outside greeting the lucky ones and killing them with my mind hahahaha

Manic subsidal
04-26-2012, 01:20 PM
I'll bring a guitar and we can just sing offspring covers outside until they let us in ;)

Little_Miss_1565
04-26-2012, 01:20 PM
They don't have enough time to mail the tickets, so I wonder if ticket buyers just get their names added to a list. What do the instructions say?

Camilamazed
04-26-2012, 01:23 PM
I'll bring a guitar and we can just sing offspring covers outside until they let us in ;)

They don't have enough time to mail the tickets, so I wonder if ticket buyers just get their names added to a list. What do the instructions say?

That's awesome. I'm planning on being there VERY early hahahaha

It'd be awesome if we could print the tickets. =/

Little_Miss_1565
04-26-2012, 01:24 PM
Considering there were no printed tickets at all for the last Nine Inch Nails tour, and it's the same management company, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that there were no printed tickets. Have you received any additional instructions?

Camilamazed
04-26-2012, 01:27 PM
No. I am just going along with the info going around here. I still think the best procedure would be will call. Just like Nissan Yahoo. Write the name of the winner so that the tickets can be purchased. There, problem solved.

hshduppsnt
04-26-2012, 01:28 PM
Considering there were no printed tickets at all for the last Nine Inch Nails tour, and it's the same management company, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that there were no printed tickets. Have you received any additional instructions?

Didn't it say something about will call only show? I imagine you have your name on a list (and guest name because it said both will need to bring their photo IDs)

Little_Miss_1565
04-26-2012, 01:28 PM
No. I am just going along with the info going around here. I still think the best procedure would be will call. Just like Nissan Yahoo. Write the name of the winner so that the tickets can be purchased. There, problem solved.

How is that different from buying the tickets online and having that process add the buyer's name to a list, which someone has to check against ID at the door?

cool 2 hate 681
04-26-2012, 01:31 PM
i hope when they sell out they will post it on the main site i don't really want to sit in front of my computer all day

Sil
04-26-2012, 01:31 PM
Has anyone got an email yet???? seriously, I don't know what is worse right now, the wait or to find out it is sold out.

hshduppsnt
04-26-2012, 01:48 PM
i hope when they sell out they will post it on the main site i don't really want to sit in front of my computer all day

smartphone my friend! smartphone!

(not that I don't already sit in front of a computer all day ANYWAY but still)

Manic subsidal
04-26-2012, 01:50 PM

Nothing yet! I have a feeling it will happen in the afternoon or evening :(

cool 2 hate 681
04-26-2012, 01:50 PM
smartphone my friend! smartphone!

(not that I don't already sit in front of a computer all day ANYWAY but still)

i still use my motorola razr i bought in 2005 haha

hshduppsnt
04-26-2012, 01:55 PM
i still use my motorola razr i bought in 2005 haha

impressive and yet hilarious all at the same time. I'm amazed you've made it last I ALWAYS broke my flip phones within a year and a half or so.

Camilamazed
04-26-2012, 02:11 PM
How is that different from buying the tickets online and having that process add the buyer's name to a list, which someone has to check against ID at the door?

It's not. I just thought tickets had to be purchased at the bar. I think online is much better added to the ID check.

Little_Miss_1565
04-26-2012, 02:31 PM
I can't imagine they'd make you buy the tickets in person somewhere after going through all this trouble to set up the lottery.

Manic subsidal
04-26-2012, 02:42 PM
maybe they did this annoying lottery on purpose to extremely hype us up for the show... so much that I can't focus at all in my accounting class right now :P

hshduppsnt
04-26-2012, 09:12 PM
no news from anyone yet, eh?

Camilamazed
04-26-2012, 09:22 PM
no news from anyone yet, eh?

Nope. Not knowing anything kills me. =/

Manic subsidal
04-26-2012, 09:36 PM
yeah, this pretty much blows. I won't be able to stay online that much the rest of the night so I'm hoping their system just crashed and tomorrow morning crowdsurge will send out apology e-mails with free tickets :P

cool 2 hate 681
04-26-2012, 09:36 PM
nothing here either:(

i looked on twitter and there are no post by people who got tickets

Manic subsidal
04-27-2012, 09:38 AM
I won.... finally :p

hshduppsnt
04-27-2012, 09:47 AM

Congrats! I hope this just means they've started so some of the rest of us still have a shot!

Camilamazed
04-27-2012, 10:00 AM

The fingers crossed business worked! Congrats!

=D

cool 2 hate 681
04-27-2012, 10:02 AM

congratulations:) can you please tell us how long the time window is?

Gustavo
04-27-2012, 10:03 AM
So, is Manic Subsidal the only one from the BBS who got the tickets?

MAXTER
04-27-2012, 10:11 AM
Congrats Manic Subsidal!

hshduppsnt
04-27-2012, 10:12 AM

It's starting to look that way :-/

cool 2 hate 681
04-27-2012, 10:13 AM

it looks that way

hshduppsnt
04-27-2012, 10:26 AM
not going to lie this makes me sad

Gustavo
04-27-2012, 10:26 AM
So, I just posted two tweets at @offspringsite about you guys, they might end up being helpful, it would be nice if you guys could manually retweet them so they can see them.

https://twitter.com/#!/offspringsite/status/195910230033436673
https://twitter.com/#!/offspringsite/status/195910815847677952

Even the BBSers who aren't going to the show should help out our friends here.

rdcouch
04-27-2012, 10:27 AM
As someone born and raised in Long Beach, I am sad :(

I'm hoping a ton of the people from the lottery can't buy it so they release some more names.

hshduppsnt
04-27-2012, 10:28 AM
So, I just posted two tweets at @offspringsite about you guys, they might end up being helpful, it would be nice if you guys could manually retweet them so they can see them.

haha, why not. done and done.

cool 2 hate 681
04-27-2012, 10:28 AM
retweeted thanks gustavo:)

rdcouch
04-27-2012, 10:30 AM

Awesome, hopefully I'm included as one of those 5 haha. This show would make my life

cool 2 hate 681
04-27-2012, 10:32 AM
not going to lie this makes me sad

don't fell too bad man i missed the chain reaction and yahoo live sets shows in 2008

Gustavo
04-27-2012, 10:32 AM
You guys should manually retweet, though, I think. What I mean is:

RT @offspringsite @offspring There are 4 out of 5 BBSers who didn't get the tickets for the Alex's Bar show, could you guys help them out?

RT @offspringsite @offspring They are the most hardcore fans, they deserve a chance to buy the tickets, don't they? :) #AlexBarShow

This way they'll keep seeing the same message when they check out their mentions.

Little_Miss_1565
04-27-2012, 10:33 AM
Guys, just so you know, retweeting something doesn't help them see it...

Gustavo
04-27-2012, 10:38 AM
Guys, just so you know, retweeting something doesn't help them see it...

If they manually retweet, though, it does help them see it. Twitter may be a very powerful tool. And don't you think we should all help out our friends here who may not get the tickets? :)

I know this may be useless, but at least we'll know we tried.

hshduppsnt
04-27-2012, 10:38 AM
don't fell too bad man i missed the chain reaction and yahoo live sets shows in 2008

haha well see now I feel bad for feeling bad :)

edit: I am excited someone from the boards gets to go though, at least there's that!

Suicycos
04-27-2012, 10:58 AM
I got tickets! I am flying down form Washington state for the show. I just booked my airfare. I am so excited for this show!

Little_Miss_1565
04-27-2012, 10:58 AM
If they manually retweet, though, it does help them see it. Twitter may be a very powerful tool. And don't you think we should all help out our friends here who may not get the tickets? :)

If they do it manually, sure. I want to help out everyone here too, but the thing is, how do you get tickets out to people when there aren't any tickets to get out? The lottery was the most fair way to distribute, and seriously, if you've seen Alex's Bar, it is TINY. TINY TINY.

Gustavo
04-27-2012, 11:26 AM
If they do it manually, sure. I want to help out everyone here too, but the thing is, how do you get tickets out to people when there aren't any tickets to get out? The lottery was the most fair way to distribute, and seriously, if you've seen Alex's Bar, it is TINY. TINY TINY.

Thing is, there are only a 4 people here, which means it's only 8 tickets, considering that the tickets are sold in pairs. And getting 8 more people in wouldn't kill anyone, for sure. And they sure as hell deserve these tickets more than a lot of people who will actually make it to the show.

As I said before, this may end up not being useful, but what if it does end up being useful? At least we'll know we tried. :)

Jojan
04-27-2012, 11:41 AM
... it is TINY. TINY TINY.

That's what she said.

Little_Miss_1565
04-27-2012, 11:44 AM
Thing is, there are only a 4 people here, which means it's only 8 tickets, considering that the tickets are sold in pairs. And getting 8 more people in wouldn't kill anyone, for sure. And they sure as hell deserve these tickets more than a lot of people who will actually make it to the show.

As I said before, this may end up not being useful, but what if it does end up being useful? At least we'll know we tried. :)

I don't fault you guys for trying, but this is by far the biggest show that Alex's Bar has ever put on. Green Day played there once, but it was as Foxboro Hot Tubs. I know that when I worked at a venue in NYC, whenever we had a crazy huge band in our tiny tiny venue, the fire marshall would magically show up for a surprise inspection. Each person over capacity was a significant fine. Not saying the band shouldn't find a way to get their biggest fans into the show, but I am saying that in the event they can't, it's not the band's fault. There's a finite amount of space, and the state of California is broke so I'm sure they wouldn't mind fining the shit out of Alex's Bar. And that would suck.

cool 2 hate 681
04-27-2012, 11:50 AM

i agree it was the most fair but it's too bad they didn't do anything for hardcore fans who live in the area

when afi played at the troubadour in 2007 you had to be a member of the despair faction to buy tickets

Da Hui
04-27-2012, 11:53 AM
i know it's probably too late and allt he tickets are gone..

i'm in the uk and applied and so if i do get the chance to buy as ticket i would be going alone so first is welcome to join me in the unlikely event i get tix. would appreciate it the other way too if anyone is going alone :)

cool 2 hate 681
04-27-2012, 11:55 AM
I got tickets! I am flying down form Washington state for the show. I just booked my airfare. I am so excited for this show!

congratulations i hope you have fun at the show:)

BigFish
04-27-2012, 12:01 PM
I really think there should be some kind of "test" you have to take in order to be eligible for the tickets. Some kind of history quiz about the band or something like that. People who aren't hardcore fans don't deserve to be at the show.

Suicycos
04-27-2012, 12:05 PM
congratulations i hope you have fun at the show:)

Thanks! Over the last 17 years and 15 shows, I have seen them play a couple songs off Igniton and have always wished I could hear so many of the songs off that album, now I get to hear them all!

Gustavo
04-27-2012, 12:06 PM
I don't fault you guys for trying, but this is by far the biggest show that Alex's Bar has ever put on. Green Day played there once, but it was as Foxboro Hot Tubs. I know that when I worked at a venue in NYC, whenever we had a crazy huge band in our tiny tiny venue, the fire marshall would magically show up for a surprise inspection. Each person over capacity was a significant fine. Not saying the band shouldn't find a way to get their biggest fans into the show, but I am saying that in the event they can't, it's not the band's fault. There's a finite amount of space, and the state of California is broke so I'm sure they wouldn't mind fining the shit out of Alex's Bar. And that would suck.

Well, there's that, too. To be honest, I hadn't quite thought about that yet. But what if they haven't selected everyone yet and the band decides to say "Hey, hold on, hold 8 tickets for us". So, it's good to try!

Congrats! You should sell your other ticket to cool 2 hate 681, Sil, hshduppsnt or rdcouch.

cool 2 hate 681
04-27-2012, 12:07 PM
Thanks! Over the last 17 years and 15 shows, I have seen them play a couple songs off Igniton and have always wished I could hear so many of the songs off that album, now I get to hear them all!

cool:) please record get it right if you can that's my favorite song from the album

I really think there should be some kind of "test" you have to take in order to be eligible for the tickets. Some kind of history quiz about the band or something like that. People who aren't hardcore fans don't deserve to be at the show.

i like that idea:)

Gustavo
04-27-2012, 12:11 PM

Yeah, but these informations are available for everyone out there these days. I know I made that pretty easy to find with theoffspringsite.com, so, someone would have to either do a research before taking the test or have two tabs open, you could easily get all the questions right without knowing the answer to one of them without the internet.

cool 2 hate 681
04-27-2012, 12:12 PM
hahaha look at this

this guys is selling his unique password to the show too bad there was not one to enter:mad:

i wonder how many people who don't live in the usa will sell their password on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PASSWORD-CODE-for-2-Tix-THE-OFFSPRING-Secret-Show-LONG-BEACH-5-3-Alex-Bar-KROQ-/180858231337?pt=US_Tickets_all_in_one&hash=item2a1bfd9a29

hshduppsnt
04-27-2012, 12:12 PM

I hate to agree with her since I'm one of the people on the outs... but basically this.

Unfortunately it is what it is. I've been lucky before, this time someone else got a great chance at something.

edit: Guy selling password on the other hand is super obnoxious

BigFish
04-27-2012, 12:19 PM
Yeah, but these informations are available for everyone out there these days. I know I made that pretty easy to find with theoffspringsite.com, so, someone would have to either do a research before taking the test or have two tabs open, you could easily get all the questions right without knowing the answer to one of them without the internet.

I'm sure there could be a way to figure something out. Maybe craft a piece of software that doesn't allow you to tab out or anything. I know it would be difficult, but I think it's worth it. Most of the people on these boards are the fans that really deserve to go to these shows and are missing out. Maybe the guys could somehow do something where they only give people who are active members of the board access to a pre-sale or something like that. We know they read the boards so I don't see why it wouldn't be worth a shot.

Suicycos
04-27-2012, 12:21 PM
Congrats! You should sell your other ticket to cool 2 hate 681, Sil, hshduppsnt or rdcouch.

I am from So Cal originally, so I already have friends that want to go with me.

Dexter_italy
04-27-2012, 12:26 PM
You know guys, I think that BBS shoud have had some "preference line", but then there are hardcore fans who don't come here due to many reasons. this said, do you know how much is the ticket for the show? the ebay guy is selling for 180$ the couple, ridicolously high!!

cool 2 hate 681
04-27-2012, 12:28 PM
You know guys, I think that BBS shoud have had some "preference line", but then there are hardcore fans who don't come here due to many reasons. this said, do you know how much is the ticket for the show? the ebay guy is selling for 180$ the couple, ridicolously high!!

it's not for the tickets man it's for the password to buy tickets

also i heard the tickets for the show are $25 each

Dexter_italy
04-27-2012, 12:32 PM
it's not for the tickets man it's for the password to buy tickets

also i heard the tickets for the show are $25 each

tickets are cheap! I paid more than 40€ in france! (2 nights in a row for me and my girlfriend) but it was worth it!
that ebay guy should be sued

Camilamazed
04-27-2012, 12:33 PM
I've said it before. I'll say it again...

It sucks that a lot of winners here are going to take friends. Most of these friends like the band, but not as much as BBSers. That is very sad. If I won, I would definitely take someone I am sure is as much fan as I am.

Little_Miss_1565
04-27-2012, 12:37 PM

I feel like this would be kind of a self-selecting group to go to a show like this. A casual fan isn't going to care about Ignition. And who are any of us to decide who is and isn't deserving to be there?

Camilamazed
04-27-2012, 12:42 PM
I feel like this would be kind of a self-selecting group to go to a show like this. A casual fan isn't going to care about Ignition. And who are any of us to decide who is and isn't deserving to be there?

Sarah, you think that anybody could be at this concert no matter if super fan or just somebody who likes a song or two? I mean, if the band wanted something like that they might as well just play on festivals. A small club, an old CD, don't you think it would be much more of an intimate experience if only die hard fans were allowed? Imagine if all the kids that go just go for the sake of it, then they play songs and the audience is like "what the heck?"

I don't see the purpose of a show like this for a random audience.

Little_Miss_1565
04-27-2012, 12:45 PM
Camila, that's exactly what I'm saying. I'm not sure what you mean by "allowed," because short of a pop quiz or something I'm not sure how you would measure whether or not someone is a serious fan of the band. A casual fan probably isn't even going to enter the lottery for a show like this. The guy who's selling his password probably just screwed himself, because I sent the link to management. :)

And who's to say that the BBS is the only place where diehard fans are?

Dexter_italy
04-27-2012, 12:51 PM
We don't have to forget that emails to bbs'rs were sent before! it all came out from here...

Tijs
04-27-2012, 12:56 PM
It's a terrible thing what that eBay guy is doing, but once at the door, they check your ID right? The tickets have a name connected to them, and if you're not that person, you don't get the tickets. Isn't that right?

cool 2 hate 681
04-27-2012, 01:01 PM
It's a terrible thing what that eBay guy is doing, but once at the door, they check your ID right? The tickets have a name connected to them, and if you're not that person, you don't get the tickets. Isn't that right?

yes if someone buys that they will not get in and be ripped off

Little_Miss_1565
04-27-2012, 01:09 PM
We don't have to forget that emails to bbs'rs were sent before! it all came out from here...

Quoted for truth, y'all.

Camilamazed
04-27-2012, 01:11 PM
Camila, that's exactly what I'm saying. I'm not sure what you mean by "allowed," because short of a pop quiz or something I'm not sure how you would measure whether or not someone is a serious fan of the band. A casual fan probably isn't even going to enter the lottery for a show like this. The guy who's selling his password probably just screwed himself, because I sent the link to management. :)

And who's to say that the BBS is the only place where diehard fans are?

Oh yeah, the pop quiz idea is kind of lame because information can be retrieved anywhere. Now, about the lottery, I think a lot of people would enter for a chance to win. If a person gets a pair of tickets, she can sell the second if the ticket has no name. I don't know, I just hope real fans get the chance to see this.

Good call on sending the link to the management!

You're right. BBS is not the only place, but it's where the majority is and we know who we could take with us. I mean, if I won I would definitely give the ticket to a fan.

hshduppsnt
04-27-2012, 01:12 PM
yes if someone buys that they will not get in and be ripped off

yep. In all likelihood the password is already used too, especially since the names are attached and I feel like most people figured this out since it was written multiple times.

Quoted for truth, y'all.

*siiiiggghhh* yes. Can only do so much in this day and age I guess.

Like everyone has said no matter what you come up with people will find a way around it. That they tried to do it this way is at least some sort of acknowledgement.

Suicycos
04-27-2012, 01:20 PM
yep. In all likelihood the password is already used too, especially since the names are attached and I feel like most people figured this out since it was written multiple times.

*siiiiggghhh* yes. Can only do so much in this day and age I guess.

Like everyone has said no matter what you come up with people will find a way around it. That they tried to do it this way is at least some sort of acknowledgement.

Once the code is entered, I believe the name is attached to the order. you had to sign up for an account and fill out your billing and "ship to" info. I don't think it matters what name was used on the entry form.

hshduppsnt
04-27-2012, 01:22 PM
Once the code is entered, I believe the name is attached to the order. you had to sign up for an account and fill out your billing and "ship to" info. I don't think it matters what name was used on the entry form.

well then fair enough. that guy is a douche but at least he maybe isn't Screwing people.

Just too bad that there will always be some such people (or companies, nothing infuriates me more than when ticket master scalps tickets to its own events)

TheJakes84
04-27-2012, 03:28 PM
SO, the majority is gonna go see The Offspring live in action. Have fun and be safe. Unfortunately, I'm not going due to the loss of my mom and I wanna stay here at home taking care of my dad. Not using it as an excuse ok, it's just it has been one serious joykill ride for me. :( :mad:

one hundred punks
04-27-2012, 03:35 PM
Someone actually bid on that douchebags auction? Fuck that guy for trying to fuck over true fans by selling the password. I say flood this fuckers ebay account.

Little_Miss_1565
04-27-2012, 03:36 PM
Someone actually bid on that douchebags auction? Fuck that guy for trying to fuck over true fans by selling the password. I say flood this fuckers ebay account.

Don't worry, the band's management has the ebay link and they're dropping the hammer :)

hshduppsnt
04-27-2012, 04:07 PM
Don't worry, the band's management has the ebay link and they're dropping the hammer :)

Boom! Excellent!

SO, the majority is gonna go see The Offspring live in action. Have fun and be safe. Unfortunately, I'm not going due to the loss of my mom and I wanna stay here at home taking care of my dad. Not using it as an excuse ok, it's just it has been one serious joykill ride for me. :( :mad:

Whoa. obviously significantly more important than a concert. my condolences

TheJakes84
04-27-2012, 04:12 PM
Boom! Excellent!

Whoa. obviously significantly more important than a concert. my condolences

Don't get me wrong ok, I'd love to go and stuff but sorry OFFSPRING my family comes first. :eek: By the way, thank you.

Zee
04-27-2012, 04:42 PM
There was same sort of a concect like this in my country in 2005 where you couldn't buy tickets anywhere. 700 tickets were available for their club gig.

There was a good thing how they decided part who will get in. You had to write an essay "why you should see The Offspring?". That said, my essay was maybe 1,000 pages long. Of course, I got the ticket.

But if one's truely truely truely diehard hardcore fan, he/she will find to get in anyway. :D

hshduppsnt
04-27-2012, 04:54 PM
There was same sort of a concect like this in my country in 2005 where you couldn't buy tickets anywhere. 700 tickets were available for their club gig.

There was a good thing how they decided part who will get in. You had to write an essay "why you should see The Offspring?". That said, my essay was maybe 1,000 pages long. Of course, I got the ticket.

But if one's truely truely truely diehard hardcore fan, he/she will find to get in anyway. :D

I have never been talented in this art. Essay seems like a good idea except do they want to go through that many?

Zee
04-27-2012, 04:58 PM
Yup... it sure takes a lot of time. I'm pretty sure they didn't even read mine to the half. But that show was sponsored by a beer company, so it was them who had to read them. At least from what I know all the most devoted got the tickets by that way.

randman21
04-27-2012, 05:16 PM
I'd totally be in favor of an essay! I generally hate writing them, but I'm pretty good at it. And an Offspring essay would barely require thought for me. :D

Zee
04-27-2012, 05:19 PM
It was super fun to write it. :D I also included the most monsterious Offspring collection picture into it and claimed it to be mine (I had to play safe!) because they allowed to put one picture in there too. I didn't finish it on one day, or even one week maybe... I put all my effort into it, because there was no way I would've missed it. :) It was worth it. I have the whole writing saved, but too shame it's in Finnish. It's fun to read. I just continued, continued and continued.

Offspringinsane
04-27-2012, 05:25 PM
they could have done something like The Chain Reaction show, if you get there early enough and you get your wristband you get in if not then you don't. fans that actually could get there and were there got in and forget the tickets or lottery or whatever.

hshduppsnt
04-27-2012, 06:18 PM
they could have done something like The Chain Reaction show, if you get there early enough and you get your wristband you get in if not then you don't. fans that actually could get there and were there got in and forget the tickets or lottery or whatever.

On a Thursday that is a bit difficult to do.

dff_punk
04-27-2012, 07:11 PM
The Offspring will perform their Ignition album in its entirety along with new and classic songs.

This is what might be the best thing concerning these news. Can there be a more awesome thing that hearing all songs from Ignition live plus maybe some new never heard songs?? The people who are lucky to go might be the luckiest fans in the world, I hope you guys enjoy it! :) And I really hope there will be recordings, that would be beyond awesome.

TheJakes84
04-27-2012, 07:59 PM
This is what might be the best thing concerning these news. Can there be a more awesome thing that hearing all songs from Ignition live plus maybe some new never heard songs?? The people who are lucky to go might be the luckiest fans in the world, I hope you guys enjoy it! :) And I really hope there will be recordings, that would be beyond awesome.

This.

Also, I hope so too.

mrXniick
04-27-2012, 08:10 PM
So sad that I didn't get tickets :(. I have been to five Offspring shows, and have never seen a single song from Ignition played live. Not only that but I live about 30 min from long beach and already requested that day off work :(

crowdsurge
04-28-2012, 02:07 PM
Winner winner chicken dinner

Tijs
04-28-2012, 02:13 PM
hahaha look at this

this guys is selling his unique password to the show too bad there was not one to enter:mad:

i wonder how many people who don't live in the usa will sell their password on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PASSWORD-CODE-for-2-Tix-THE-OFFSPRING-Secret-Show-LONG-BEACH-5-3-Alex-Bar-KROQ-/180858231337?pt=US_Tickets_all_in_one&hash=item2a1bfd9a29Hm, those are not Offspring tix anymore.

cool 2 hate 681
04-28-2012, 03:40 PM
yeah that's pretty weird:confused:

Tijs
04-28-2012, 03:58 PM
Not really :)

The guy who's selling his password probably just screwed himself, because I sent the link to management. :)

hshduppsnt
04-28-2012, 04:59 PM
hahaha... glad he got what he deserved...

... ... I wonder what happened to his two tickets ... *sigh*

cool 2 hate 681
04-28-2012, 05:24 PM
they probably got emailed to someone who actually wants to go to the show

hshduppsnt
04-28-2012, 05:27 PM
^ I hope so. That would be a win for the fans.

cool 2 hate 681
04-29-2012, 02:07 PM
^ I hope so. That would be a win for the fans.

i hope so too this thing should have been only for people on the mailing list

hshduppsnt
04-29-2012, 03:29 PM
i hope so too this thing should have been only for people on the mailing list

*siiigh* yeah... I really do hope you get to go to one of these soon (maybe they'll do another before the actual North America tour next year ... assuming they schedule things like they did rafrag).

I know the set will probably be too short for it but maybe they throw in an ignition song at weenie roast for us? :)?

Little_Miss_1565
04-29-2012, 04:37 PM
I lucked out though, this guy told me how he went to the same school as noodles' daughter and went to some birthday party where noodles was there, so he tried to get his autograph but noodles wouldn't let him. So he hates offspring now for that and doesn't care about this show haha.

That guy sounds like a tool.

cool 2 hate 681
04-29-2012, 04:45 PM
*siiigh* yeah... I really do hope you get to go to one of these soon (maybe they'll do another before the actual North America tour next year ... assuming they schedule things like they did rafrag).

I know the set will probably be too short for it but maybe they throw in an ignition song at weenie roast for us? :)?

thanks:) i hope they play a ignition song at weenie roast too:)

jacknife737
04-29-2012, 04:45 PM
^ Hoping that Dirty Magic is going to become a permanent fixture of their setlists.

That guy sounds like a tool.

A total dickhead.

Manic subsidal
04-29-2012, 08:47 PM
A total dickhead.

I just find it funny how emotions and stuff outside the actual music can have such a strong impact. It's like when you're in a relationship with somebody and you have a favorite band together, but after you break up, that band sucks :P

Dexter_italy
04-30-2012, 12:58 AM
look another guy selling tickets on ebay great job offspring

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Offspring-Tickets-Alexs-Bar-Long-Beach-5-3-Sold-Out-/150806962651?pt=US_Tickets_all_in_one&hash=item231ccba1db

Why great job offspring? This was such a big opportunity that I won't never stop to say great job at the opener of the thread.

Little_Miss_1565
04-30-2012, 01:06 AM
Cool to hate, no need to be snide towards the band. Of course shit like this is going to happen, and it's not the band's fault.

Since he's not selling access to the sale like the other guy, I'm not sure this is against the rules but I'll ask.

I just find it funny how emotions and stuff outside the actual music can have such a strong impact. It's like when you're in a relationship with somebody and you have a favorite band together, but after you break up, that band sucks :P

I guess, but in this case, the guy wanted Noodles to be his idea of Noodles and not a dude hanging out with his daughter. No one in a band should have to be someone's monkey, to dance for them on their command. I went to Coachella and saw some asshole make Ian MacKaye take his shitty band's shitty CD while Ian was holding his son, trying to watch a band play. Some people have no shame, and that's a shitty way to be.

Gregmau5
04-30-2012, 01:15 AM
look another guy selling tickets on ebay great job offspring

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Offspring-Tickets-Alexs-Bar-Long-Beach-5-3-Sold-Out-/150806962651?pt=US_Tickets_all_in_one&hash=item231ccba1db

edit this guy thinks it's their first album:mad:

I'm actually pretty pissed at this guy. There are people who would do anything to get this ticket and he wins it and sells it on fucking eBay.

TheJakes84
04-30-2012, 01:23 AM
It's all my fault, so blame me. All I thought was trying to make some or most offspring fans happy. I feel so bad for opening this thread.

Dexter_italy
04-30-2012, 01:55 AM
It's all my fault, so blame me. All I thought was trying to make some or most offspring fans happy. I feel so bad for opening this thread.

Obviously you didn't make it for bad. And probably it would have came out eventually. But even more obviously it's unfair pulling angst against the band for not winning the lottery or having made that lottery.

Oxygene
04-30-2012, 06:10 AM
Sometimes I buy tickets to shows, and sometimes I won't need them, and sometimes I sell them, sometimes I give them away for free... I don't see anything wrong with either.
This guy seems to be starting the bid for $.01.. he's selling one ticket and they were sold in pairs, so obviously he is actually going to be using the other one.. I am not sure what the right thing for him to do would be. If I went to the show I would've entered the lottery and if I had won I would have an extra ticket. Should you just not use that then.. or what's the alternative?

Entering to win a password and selling it is fucked up, for sure... but entering a contest and "having to buy" a pair of tickets and selling off the second one, unless it's against the bands wishes, I don't see that as the devils work really...

I am not sure what the right thing is.. waste a space at a show like that? that can't be it... can it?

ChildC2017
04-30-2012, 01:38 PM
Hi guys, I used to post here years and years ago before they re did the board... I still check it from time to time but I hadn't re registered so I never posted. Anyway, I have a post up on Craigslist looking for a ticket, the guy who is selling on eBay responded to me and then said actually he was going to list the ticket (my posting offers $150) so clearly he's looking to make lot of money from it. Major bummer... Especially because there have been many a time where I have extra tickets and have always sold them for face value or given them away to big fans.

Other than this I just want to say hi and that I hope some more of us are able to track down some tickets even though the odds seem so slim...

My posting: http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/tix/2985524519.html

cool 2 hate 681
04-30-2012, 05:46 PM
Hi guys, I used to post here years and years ago before they re did the board... I still check it from time to time but I hadn't re registered so I never posted. Anyway, I have a post up on Craigslist looking for a ticket, the guy who is selling on eBay responded to me and then said actually he was going to list the ticket (my posting offers $150) so clearly he's looking to make lot of money from it. Major bummer... Especially because there have been many a time where I have extra tickets and have always sold them for face value or given them away to big fans.

Other than this I just want to say hi and that I hope some more of us are able to track down some tickets even though the odds seem so slim...

My posting: http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/tix/2985524519.html

yeah it would be nice if they added another show at a bigger venue

ChildC2017
04-30-2012, 06:47 PM
Yeah I don't understand why there are five or so Ignition shows in Europe are larger venues yet one one super tiny show in their hometown.

Camilamazed
05-01-2012, 07:50 AM
Yeah I don't understand why there are five or so Ignition shows in Europe are larger venues yet one one super tiny show in their hometown.

It's because the band has more fan friends over there.

Dexter_italy
05-01-2012, 08:02 AM
well they wanted to do a small club gig, which is more powerful, but in europe you need venues bigger than for 300 people to compensate the costs

crowdsurge
05-01-2012, 09:25 AM
Its pretty obvious this is a small show and Offspring specifically wanted it to be small on purpose. They know they can sell out venues as large as Verizon Wireless in Irvine.

The people on here complaining that the show is too small and makes no sense are just mad they didnt get tickets for the show.

This show is small by design.... to make it special for those who are actually going...

This isnt about money because if it was, the tickets wouldnt be $25 each.... This is about putting on a very small and intimate show and paying back the bar that let them play there a long time ago.

Dexter_italy
05-01-2012, 09:35 AM
This isnt about money because if it was, the tickets wouldnt be $25 each.... This is about putting on a very small and intimate show and paying back the bar that let them play there a long time ago.

that's what I meant to say! But in europe they need bigger places to cover the costs :)

cool 2 hate 681
05-01-2012, 11:31 AM
paying back the bar that let them play there a long time ago.

they have never played at alex's bar before

hshduppsnt
05-01-2012, 07:12 PM
just got an email informing me there were no longer tickets available. I guess I appreciate that they told us this. However at this point I had already assumed I wasn't going :D

edit: So the real problem was seeing the email address and just thinking, for a moment, holy crap really?! ... nope. hahahaha

TheJakes84
05-01-2012, 07:29 PM
Obviously you didn't make it for bad. And probably it would have came out eventually. But even more obviously it's unfair pulling angst against the band for not winning the lottery or having made that lottery.

Fair enough. But I didn't know that The Offspring did this before, like in what year/era? Was it during SMASH!? And where at? :confused: :confused:

crowdsurge
05-03-2012, 09:43 AM
looks like theres 1 more chance to get in tonights show

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/tix/2993788031.html

Oxygene
05-03-2012, 01:01 PM
It's because the band has more fan friends over there.

Sheeeeeeeeesh...

Manic subsidal
05-03-2012, 01:02 PM
hey offspring are playing today! neato

generalpike
05-03-2012, 02:10 PM
i once again hope someone films it

Greekoldfan
05-03-2012, 02:13 PM
actually I hope for a best of dvd of the ignition tour

cool 2 hate 681
05-03-2012, 02:17 PM
i wonder if they will play the songs in order?

Greekoldfan
05-03-2012, 02:19 PM
i wonder if they will play the songs in order?

hmm i was thiking of that too,but i dont think so because they're gonna play other songs too.It could be nice if they play some tracks from the s/t

martin_theoffspring
05-03-2012, 02:31 PM
What time they play?

Krojd
05-03-2012, 02:33 PM
It could be nice if they play some tracks from the s/t

I second that.

wrc307
05-03-2012, 03:01 PM
you are the ultimate offspring's fan if you go to the show tonight, you record it and then you upload it in the same night. you must to think about every bbs kid isn't located in usa

one hundred punks
05-03-2012, 03:14 PM
looks like theres 1 more chance to get in tonights show

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/tix/2993788031.html

Can Little Miss 1565 get the bands management on this jagoff? Maybe have Noodles show up to meet the guy and say you want HOW MUCH for the ticket?! It's a shame that this goof is gonna sell a $25 ticket for like $175-200.

GamerKT
05-03-2012, 03:16 PM
Someone better record it.

cool 2 hate 681
05-03-2012, 03:16 PM
Can Little Miss 1565 get the bands management on this jagoff? Maybe have Noodles show up to meet the guy and say you want HOW MUCH for the ticket?! It's a shame that this goof is gonna sell a $25 ticket for like $175-200.

this guy on ebay got $250 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&item=150806962651&nma=true&rt=nc&si=P6h8uyhwVqPrhXcRaI85E4EcmuI%253D&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

hshduppsnt
05-03-2012, 03:22 PM
bah to the comment contest the guy that won bitched about calling kroq?!

that's all I do is bitch about calling kroq hahahahaha.

well congrats to the three people who won contests today.

cool 2 hate 681
05-03-2012, 03:58 PM
i dont know why people are complaining about that guy selling his ticket. isnt it better that you actually have a chance to go if you did well in life to make money for yourself to use anyway you want?

seems the only ones complaining are the ones financially strapped to where IF I CANT GO, NO ONE ELSE CAN GO.

better that theres at least a chance to go created by that guy who sold for 250... maybe you busted your ass at work and got paid more and really want to go... why is there anything wrong with that?

you keep thinking like a loser, youll be a loser your whole life.

im not complaining about it i just pointed it out

XYlophonetreeZ
05-03-2012, 04:05 PM
if you keep thinking like a loser, youll be a loser your whole life.
Sweet bro advice, bro.

randman21
05-03-2012, 04:10 PM
At some point tonight, I'm going to start randomly crying blood. I'll know at that exact moment that they're playing "No Hero". That's not even my favorite song from the Ignition, but more than anything else, I HATE that I'm going to miss it.

hshduppsnt
05-03-2012, 04:13 PM
At some point tonight, I'm going to start randomly crying blood. I'll know at that exact moment that they're playing "No Hero". That's not even my favorite song from the Ignition, but more than anything else, I HATE that I'm going to miss it.

wow that's fairly intense there, eh? haha

randman21
05-03-2012, 04:18 PM
I really wanna see it, dammit! haha.

Is anyone here considering not watching the videos if they do come out? I plan to do what it takes to make it to the next Ignition show they do (in the US), so maybe I don't want to ruin it.

Little_Miss_1565
05-03-2012, 04:37 PM

I told my friends going to the show that they're going to have to deal with waves of hatred from me from afar. :)

Still so pissed I won't be there, but so stoked that the show is happening. Holy conflicted emotions Batman.

Dirty Magic
05-03-2012, 04:43 PM
I wonder if tonight will also mark the live debut of Cruising California. We can only hope.

Little_Miss_1565
05-03-2012, 04:56 PM
I wonder if tonight will also mark the live debut of Cruising California. We can only hope.

More like I wonder if they're going to play the original version of "Dirty Magic" or the new one they just recorded.

I expect all of you from the forums going tonight to give us a full and immediate report. :)

Degstur Lolland
05-03-2012, 05:42 PM
Ignition
Mission From God
DGB
CC BIMT
TFIN
DM #2

17 songs.

Dirty Magic
05-03-2012, 06:46 PM
I'm just hoping someone gets a video of Nothing From Something (or any of it really).

crowdsurge
05-03-2012, 07:32 PM
on my way to the show. i hope to see people without tickets waiting outside hoping for a miracle. i will say, "im going in and you're not"

hshduppsnt
05-03-2012, 11:55 PM
More like I wonder if they're going to play the original version of "Dirty Magic" or the new one they just recorded.

I expect all of you from the forums going tonight to give us a full and immediate report. :)

that's the question I most immediately thought of when I heard about this show.

edit: also I hope the crowd goes nuts tonight, 1) for their sake, should be an entertaining show and whatnot but also 2) to show the guys this was a brilliant idea, so maybe they do more! (OR at least include an ignition song saturday at weenie roast)

bhg_rulz2
05-04-2012, 12:08 AM
nothing yet?

crowdsurge
05-04-2012, 12:11 AM
just got back from the show. what an ugly looking bar. lol. there were like 4-5 people outside of the venue looking for tickets with signs... needless to say they never got in.

Greekoldfan
05-04-2012, 12:20 AM
so what was the playlist?

bhg_rulz2
05-04-2012, 12:27 AM
just got back from the show. what an ugly looking bar. lol. there were like 4-5 people outside of the venue looking for tickets with signs... needless to say they never got in.

so???? how was it??

bhg_rulz2
05-04-2012, 12:35 AM
I didnt stay for the show. I just went in and used the restroom and walked out.

we´re gonna ignore that comment =P, how was the show? setlist??

Greekoldfan
05-04-2012, 12:45 AM
so, what was the reason to go there if you didn't go for the show?

Dexter_italy
05-04-2012, 12:48 AM
cool!! thanks for the pic! can't wait to hear how it was!

bhg_rulz2
05-04-2012, 12:56 AM
cool!! thanks for the pic! can't wait to hear how it was!

I second that!

Dexter_italy
05-04-2012, 01:02 AM
It seems you're pretty pissed at Dexter...

Greekoldfan
05-04-2012, 01:08 AM
what I remember from the manchester shown in 2004 noodles & greg were signing and taking pics with the fans before and after the show,while dexter,atom,higgings only after the show.so you probably have to wait

Dexter_italy
05-04-2012, 01:08 AM
Sort of. I waited an hour outside for him to emerge from the van to sign my poster. He just looked at me and the other guys waiting there and walked away. The other guys signed everything.

I can understand, but that's how it goes sometimes. They don't have to, in London I waited for long outside and when he came out he just got away, but then again in Paris when I met them he was super cool

cool 2 hate 681
05-04-2012, 01:57 AM
i just got back from the show set list was

1 Session
2 We Are One
3 Kick Him When He's Down
4 Take It Like a Man
5 Get It Right
6 Dirty Magic
7 Hypodermic
8 Burn It Up
9 No Hero
10 L.A.P.D
11 Nothing from Something
12 Forever and a Day

encore 1

13 All I Want
14 Bad Habit
15 You're Gonna Go Far, Kid
16 Days Go By
17 Come Out and Play
18 The Future Is Now
19 Hammerhead
20 Pretty Fly (For a White Guy)
21 Staring at the Sun

encore 2

22 (Can't Get My) Head Around You
23 Self Esteem
24 The Kids Aren't Alright

Dexter_italy
05-04-2012, 01:59 AM
i just got back from the show set list was

1 Session
2 We Are One
3 Kick Him When He's Down
4 Take It Like a Man
5 Get It Right
6 Dirty Magic
7 Hypodermic
8 Burn It Up
9 No Hero
10 L.A.P.D
11 Nothing from Something
12 Forever and a Day

encore 1

13 All I Want
14 Bad Habit
15 You're Gonna Go Far, Kid
16 Days Go By
17 Come Out and Play
18 The Future Is Now
19 Hammerhead
20 Pretty Fly (For a White Guy)
21 Staring at the Sun

encore 2

22 (Can't Get My) Head Around You
23 Self Esteem
24 The Kids Aren't Alright

In the exact order! yes! what a huge setlist!!!! 24 songs! that's unbelieveble!

cool 2 hate 681
05-04-2012, 01:59 AM
In the exact order! yes! what a huge setlist!!!!

yes exact order:)

Defender
05-04-2012, 02:02 AM
Oh God! This show was fucking great