PDA

View Full Version : Offspring in Long Beach info

Manic subsidal
04-27-2012, 12:12 PM
http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/5827/ticketsr.jpg

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/3388/70668550.jpg

So those who didn't have any luck, check again tomorrow after 10am.

Also, who wants to meet up before the show? I'll be there with Camilamazed playing and singing offspring songs haha. I also live close to Alex's bar at the end of Anaheim St so if anyone needs to crash here after the show, PM me.

I really hope a lot of awesome offspring fans get to come to this. This will be an incredible punk rock show to go to :)

edit: oh yeah, one more thing. If you do get the code to buy the tickets... you'll have this 15 minute time limit to register on crowdsurge and purchase them with your cc/paypal. So don't be a moron like me and use a shitty cal state long beach internet connection :P Good luck!

Camilamazed
04-27-2012, 12:20 PM
Isn't this guy the best fan a band could have or what? :D

cool 2 hate 681
04-27-2012, 12:21 PM
thank you very much for posting this man:)

Little_Miss_1565
04-27-2012, 12:23 PM
Really glad you guys are going. Represent well for all of us. :)

Dexter_italy
04-27-2012, 12:23 PM
that sounds such a cool day you'll have!!!

hshduppsnt
04-27-2012, 12:24 PM
dude have tons of fun! Congrats again!

Manic subsidal
04-27-2012, 12:27 PM
By the way Camilamazed! Even though we'll use my tickets to get in, if you get chosen to purchase tickets tomorrow, still get them! We could bring in hshduppsnt and other fans here too. Unless you already have other people in mind. Haha but yeah, I just think it would be so cool if all the forum members came.

I'll record some of the show too and upload it the next day for you guys who can't make it at all.

Dexter_italy
04-27-2012, 12:29 PM
By the way Camilamazed! Even though we'll use my tickets to get in, if you get chosen to purchase tickets tomorrow, still get them! We could bring in hshduppsnt and other fans here too. Unless you already have other people in mind. Haha but yeah, I just think it would be so cool if all the forum members came.

I'll record some of the show too and upload it the next day for you guys who can't make it at all.

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 I still hope they'll do some pro shoot..but if there's going to be more shows like this it's rather impossible

Camilamazed
04-27-2012, 12:29 PM
Oh yeah. I am buying them and so is my friend. Her husband got theirs, but she still has a chance. I have only one person in mind, which leaves us all with two more tickets.

Priority to the BBSers!

Dexter_italy
04-27-2012, 12:33 PM
Oh yeah. I am buying them and so is my friend. Her husband got theirs, but she still has a chance. I have only one person in mind, which leaves us all with two more tickets.

Priority to the BBSers!

tomorrow I'll play the lottery, if I win can I come????? :D

hshduppsnt
04-27-2012, 12:33 PM

Priority to the BBSers!

haha well if it comes to that thanks for looking out for us. As aptly put by Cool 2 hate some people missed out on the previous shows in LA so priority should probably go there :)

BigFish
04-27-2012, 12:34 PM
I would do almost anything to be able to go to this show. Too bad I live in Ohio though. I'm so upset :(

Camilamazed
04-27-2012, 12:37 PM
tomorrow I'll play the lottery, if I win can I come????? :D

Dude, if you win the actual lottery you can hire the band to play the whole entire discography and use B-sides as encore hahahahaha

haha well if it comes to that thanks for looking out for us. As aptly put by Cool 2 hate some people missed out on the previous shows in LA so priority should probably go there :)

I know what it felt like not being there. I wish I had.

I would do almost anything to be able to go to this show. Too bad I live in Ohio though. I'm so upset :(

Dude, I am in Maryland!

Manic subsidal
04-27-2012, 12:38 PM
yeah I just have a Flip HD. Sometimes I actually prefer the "unprofessional" recordings because it gives you more of an idea of what the show was like.

Unless you can hear fans singing terribly out of tune.. fuck that :P

hshduppsnt
04-27-2012, 12:40 PM
yeah I just have a Flip HD. Sometimes I actually prefer the "unprofessional" recordings because it gives you more of an idea of what the show was like.

Unless you can hear fans singing terribly out of tune.. fuck that :P

don't stand next to me at shows. :o

I may have ruined a few of my own recordings in that manner before haha

Camilamazed
That is why I never record shows I go. I am always a mess. Either crying or yelling like a retard. It's too much for me. I guess this time I will just be speechless...

Dexter_italy
Well, it depends from the prize :D a "small" prize of 2000 would hardly satisfy the band XD but I could fly over there. If I'd win the first prize, I'd hire them and ivite the bbs all in a small and dirty club. :D ah..dreaming, such a fun thing!

cool 2 hate 681
04-27-2012, 12:41 PM

Priority to the BBSers!

thanks guys:) i hope we get picked tomorrow

hshduppsnt
04-27-2012, 12:43 PM

exactly. problem solved if we all get into round 2 of lottery haha (or 3 or whatever it would be by tomorrow)

Manic subsidal
04-27-2012, 12:44 PM
I like to record at shows but only a few songs because what is the point of going to a show if you're just going to be looking at it through a small screen? It's also so lame to be in the crowd holding up cameras, cell phones, etc.

I'll ask the band if I can just set up my tripod on the side of the stage haha

rdcouch
04-27-2012, 01:11 PM

Oh me too! I know I've just started posting here but I can't think of much more that I would want than to see this show. Favorite Band + Favorite Album + My hometown/birthplace + everything else haha

TheJakes84
04-27-2012, 02:12 PM
I like to record at shows but only a few songs because what is the point of going to a show if you're just going to be looking at it through a small screen? It's also so lame to be in the crowd holding up cameras, cell phones, etc.

I'll ask the band if I can just set up my tripod on the side of the stage haha

Lol, would they allowed you to do that? I see why they shouldn't. Go for it! :)

Manic subsidal
04-27-2012, 02:28 PM
Tripods kind of suck though. It's cool when people film the shows and move around, focus on different musicians, the audience, etc. Here's a house show I put together and randomly gave one person my camera to record me - http://youtu.be/xFOHuZG_69A

That's kind of an idea of what the quality of these offspring recordings might turn out like. Actually, not really.. they'll be playing way louder music in a darker room haha. Oh well, we'll have at least some type of footage :)

Manic subsidal
05-04-2012, 09:03 AM
lmao.... so uh, I kind of didn't record anything at the show last night. Sorry? But it's because some other people already were so we'll just have to wait for them to upload it.

Anyways, this show was the best. The band seemed really stoked on performing too at this small bar. Dexter even knew me and Camila from our usernames here haha.

I don't know if it has been pointed out already, but it said "dirty magic (standard)" on the setlist. So I'm thinking they switched things up for the new version on dgb.

I don't even know where to begin on last night. I think the coolest thing that happened was before starting dirty magic, some douchebag next to me yelled out "fuck you greg!" and Greg just discreetly gave him the middle finger.

ThunderPX
05-04-2012, 09:07 AM
"Standard" might refer to the tuning

Manic subsidal
05-04-2012, 09:45 AM
wow.. I don't know why that didn't come across my mind. Maybe because I thought dirty magic didn't have any alternative tunings. Dexter played Days go by a whole step up though and that was noted on the setlist, so it's pretty obvious to me now these are tuning/capo references.

Whatever, I'm sure the new dirty magic recording will be awesome with a new twist or something. I wonder if Pete recorded drums for it? Because what he was doing live for that song was pretty sick. Man, he completely nailed it on drums for that entire album.

RonWelty
05-04-2012, 10:06 AM
lmao.... so uh, I kind of didn't record anything at the show last night. Sorry? But it's because some other people already were so we'll just have to wait for them to upload it.

Anyways, this show was the best. The band seemed really stoked on performing too at this small bar. Dexter even knew me and Camila from our usernames here haha.

I don't know if it has been pointed out already, but it said "dirty magic (standard)" on the setlist. So I'm thinking they switched things up for the new version on dgb.

I don't even know where to begin on last night. I think the coolest thing that happened was before starting dirty magic, some douchebag next to me yelled out "fuck you greg!" and Greg just discreetly gave him the middle finger.

I bet that "douchebag" is his brother lol

hshduppsnt
05-04-2012, 10:56 AM

thanks for the review that's hilarious. Willing to be that douche was Greg's family, doubt anyone else would actually say anything like that hahaha.

Sounds like it was an epic show!

Manic subsidal
05-04-2012, 12:12 PM
I think the same guy was yelling shit at noodles too. That's kind of funny how Greg is a pretty laid back guy and his brother seems to be quite the opposite :P

Anyone want to try to interpret what Dexter wrote here? I was getting him to sign the setlist I grabbed on stage and he realized that they didn't play gotta get away, so he wrote something about it -

www.jimtmusic.com/offspring.jpg

Dexter_italy
05-04-2012, 12:16 PM
I think the same guy was yelling shit at noodles too. That's kind of funny how Greg is a pretty laid back guy and his brother seems to be quite the opposite :P

Anyone want to try to interpret what Dexter wrote here? I was getting him to sign the setlist I grabbed on stage and he realized that they didn't play gotta get away, so he wrote something about it -

www.jimtmusic.com/offspring.jpg

I think he wrote head, 'cause they played head around you instead :)

Oxygene
05-04-2012, 12:35 PM
That's funny they don't use capo-s on stage I don't think.. or at all for that matter. You kind of don't need to if you have a guitar tech ;)

Dexter_italy
05-04-2012, 12:41 PM
That's funny they don't use capo-s on stage I don't think.. or at all for that matter. You kind of don't need to if you have a guitar tech ;)

No oxy they do for days go by, you can see it on some videos of the old version, but only dexter, and he took it off at the end of the song.

Manic subsidal
05-04-2012, 01:20 PM
http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/4417/30320625.jpg

kind of doubt it, but if this girl posts here on the forum and reads this.. Well I just want to say that I would of been kind and let you be right up front like I did with this other guy for his favorite song.. but you acted like a complete fucking idiot. I know it's a punk show, but be respectful :/

Actually, I'm not entirely sure if that was her in the picture.. so I'm sorry if that's the wrong person in the pic lmao.

Oxygene
05-05-2012, 12:02 PM
http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/4417/30320625.jpg

kind of doubt it, but if this girl posts here on the forum and reads this.. Well I just want to say that I would of been kind and let you be right up front like I did with this other guy for his favorite song.. but you acted like a complete fucking idiot. I know it's a punk show, but be respectful :/

Actually, I'm not entirely sure if that was her in the picture.. so I'm sorry if that's the wrong person in the pic lmao.

I had that shit at a Paris club show, some tool box in the front row, was all bent out of shape because of all the pushing.. I tried to explain to her that it wasn't me it was hundreds of other people, and that it was a punk rock gig, and she should really be at a U2 show.. to little avail.. that was the show when everyone found out "I wrote beheaded... " that's why noodles said I was in there somewhere.. since I wasn't front row, like I try to be at most club gigs

Manic subsidal
05-05-2012, 12:14 PM
Nah, here it wasn't because of the force of the crowd that caused the pushing.. this girl was just being a straight up moron. She was starting shit with somebody else right behind me too. I finally just elbowed her and then the bouncer took her out. Worked perfectly