PDA

View Full Version : bob rocks production on new album

weezly
04-28-2012, 03:05 PM
what do you guys think? id score days go by 10 out of 10 for production, i retract an earlier statement, it was a misconception from hearing only part of the song.
i think the song is so well produced!

Jojan
04-28-2012, 03:10 PM
So have you heard the whole record now? :-\

Degstur Lolland
04-28-2012, 03:22 PM
It's going to be a diverse record, so let's wait for the whole album.

DGB has a great production.

Also, youtube video of DGB sounded like Windows Aero. Never judge by compressed stuff. :d

bighead384
04-28-2012, 03:35 PM
I'm not exactly in love with the tone of the lead guitar in "Days Go By". Doesn't come close to ruining it or anything, but I'm kinda curious if anyone else feels the same.

offspringiztheshit
04-28-2012, 05:14 PM
in the 30 second studio sample the drums sounded like crap, but in the actual full single the drums sound fuckin epic

cool 2 hate 681
04-28-2012, 05:29 PM
what do you guys think? id score days go by 10 out of 10 for production, i retract an earlier statement, it was a misconception from hearing only part of the song.
i think the song is so well produced!

are you being sarcastic?

weezly
04-28-2012, 05:43 PM
no, its very well produced, no sarcasim

Zee
04-29-2012, 03:12 AM
It's a good procution on DGB, for sure. The most improvement compared to the previous (RFRG) are drums. Cymbals are much louder, and I like how you can really clearly hear the rhytmed hi-hat. Personalled touch in it. Way more than on RFRG. And those cymbals... volume all good! Ron Welty live was a master rhytming hi-hat in my opinion. He carried and nailed Self Esteem's chorus hi-hat wise. Atom could've done better Self Esteem, Ron made him sound like a college drummer. Then again, Atom was better on some other songs.

SuperKnux
04-29-2012, 08:46 AM
I dunno.. I think the song suffers from the "Loudness War" that was mostly apparent in "Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace" (and according to some people the 2008 re-release of "Smash.") Because of it, I feel the song sounds muddy. Not exactly sure if that is Bob Rock's fault or the mixer, but it sounds to me as if the new album is going to continue in that aspect. :/

Dexter_italy
04-29-2012, 02:23 PM
Musically is the most complete they did in years... then getting into it is something really personal and goes by taste

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
04-29-2012, 02:29 PM
the days go by hate thread was deleted so i will post this here

i can't get into this song at all it's probably the most generic offspring song i have ever heard
How long was this hate thread up? I completely missed it. I always thought this place was kind of communist, but now with the censorship...... :confused:

hshduppsnt
04-29-2012, 02:36 PM
How long was this hate thread up? I completely missed it. I always thought this place was kind of communist, but now with the censorship...... :confused:

well no in the defense of the boards that thread became kind of absurd with personal attacks instead of opinions.

That said musically this new song is well produced and deep but I agree with some that the verse itself ... does seem like it is a bit generic? I don't know I've gone back and forth on it. That said the song itself I think is very well produced

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
04-29-2012, 02:40 PM
well no in the defense of the boards that thread became kind of absurd with personal attacks instead of opinions.

Yeah I was 99% kidding. I think it's rude to bash someone's work right on their own website.

hshduppsnt
04-29-2012, 02:42 PM
Yeah I was 99% kidding. I think it's rude to bash someone's work right on their own website.

hahaha fair enough, i wasn't sure :) so I figured I'd just post!