PDA

View Full Version : cruising california(bumpin in my trunk)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

pazman
04-30-2012, 02:03 AM
New song that will be the first single in australia you can listen to it by checking out the website of australian radio station Triple M.

Suprising song that will piss off alot of fans but should become a hit song for radio stations.

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/music/news/blog/listen-the-offsprings-new-song-days-go-by/20120430-g71h.html

The Search Button
04-30-2012, 02:11 AM
Looooooooooooooooooooooool.

Can't stop laughing.

Tell you something...I missed this kind of TheOffspring.

:o

Marco
04-30-2012, 02:20 AM
ahahah WTF is this?? :D

Dexter_italy
04-30-2012, 02:21 AM
Fucking autotune, it's a thing i was hoping not to listen evern on them! With the fucking robotic voice

Marco
04-30-2012, 02:23 AM
Could it be a joke song? Or do you guys&girls think it's a serious one? :confused:

The Search Button
04-30-2012, 02:27 AM
Of course it's a joke song, it's a fun song.

The Offspring has been way too serious lately.

Dexter_italy
04-30-2012, 02:31 AM
It's a fun song.... hopefully the lowest point of the album. it's catchy, it will be played on every radio and party, but jesus christ.....
It really gives the California feeling, but come on... I don't wanna judge harshly, gotta wait the full album. If it fits I will be ok..

Here's the kabooze

XYlophonetreeZ
04-30-2012, 02:33 AM
Oh. My. Fucking. GAWD.

I'm seriously gonna have to let this sink in some more. I will post something more coherent about this tomorrow.

Bold move. That's all I know for sure, is that this is one bold fucking move.

Dexter rapping about g-strings seriously creeps me out though. They couldn't have gotten someone else to do the rap parts? Hit up Redman!

I felt so moved to reply after hearing this that I'm doing so on my phone from a tent in fucking Wyoming.

Isti
04-30-2012, 02:33 AM
I fall in love with this!!!!

its will be succesfull as pretty fly!

They need for this a fucking awesome video clip like pretty fly

LIGHTING ROD
04-30-2012, 02:34 AM
another change of style....... -.- but the DEXTER's voice still good!!! Can Someone write the text on this topic??

Marco
04-30-2012, 02:34 AM
Of course it's a joke song, it's a fun song.

The Offspring has been way too serious lately.
It's going to be cool when this enters hit charts even if it's one of the Offspring's usual "joke songs". :D

Defender
04-30-2012, 02:35 AM
Oh God... This is not the band that I know! This is not the Offspring! The song is crazier than I expected. I guess I need some time to "warm up" to it...

p.s. It's not bad,though.

XYlophonetreeZ
Also, I'm pretty sure that all market research ever must confirm the fact that singing the word "California" in auto-tune completely guarantees a humongous hit song.

Dexter_italy
I can't stop listening to it...it's a drug.... I like it evene more than days go by maybe...but still hate it.......... opposite feelings in my mind and my heart!

~|Vredina|~
04-30-2012, 02:41 AM
Wow, it's so different. I like it :)

Isti
04-30-2012, 02:42 AM
The Hit of Summer 2012

Rehynn
04-30-2012, 02:48 AM
I think I died a little inside.

Dexter_italy
04-30-2012, 02:51 AM
This is what I got....

Hey oh, let's go

turn up the beat yeah
i wanna feel it
CA-LI-FOR-NIA
don't you wish you could come
'cause we're never going home
'till the summer's all gone

summer time, living ____
cruising, bumping in Huntington beach
cause the sun will shine, we have a good time
they're all lined up for a bumping ride
and the girl that you want
it's directly out in front
and she's waiving her kabooze at you
you sneeze atchiù she calls you out mh mh

I know you heard that bass
bumping in my trunk

oh yeah
let's go

Rit:
turn up the beat yeah
i wanna feel it
CA-LI-FOR-NIA

As the sun goes down
the fire pit ___
it's another summer night
here in the O.C.

well there are no bow
there I do ___
and I might say hey
but i never say oh

and the girl with the gloss
and a g-string just like floss
well she's just waiving her kabooze at you
I bet you do, she calls you out

bumping in my trunk

oh yeah
let's go

Rit
turn up the beat yeah
i wanna feel it
CA-LI-FOR-NIA
With the radio
plays it all summer long

______
my friends are drinking
don't you wish that you could come
CA-LI-FOR-NIA

Dexter_italy
04-30-2012, 02:59 AM
Btw.... I imagine greg going away from the stage during this song and playing mario kart...:D

Dragnet
04-30-2012, 03:07 AM
rock bottom

RonWelty
04-30-2012, 03:11 AM
This song may ruin Days Go By's album reputation

weezly
04-30-2012, 03:28 AM
i like it and i hate it, because its kinda teeny boopy but still so damn catchy, im from new zealand, so i thought days go by would be the first single, i think it should have been

weezly
04-30-2012, 03:37 AM
fuck it, i friggin love this!!!

Dragnet
04-30-2012, 03:40 AM
Yeah, but you are from New Zealand, so...

;)

weezly
04-30-2012, 03:44 AM
fuck yeah ill be at my local bar and instead of hearing im a barbie girl and ops i did it again i be able to get a wriggle on to bumpin in my truck, fuck yeah

Zee
04-30-2012, 03:47 AM
HOLY SHIT! :D Hahaha.

Offspring can do this. They've got the good past and history and can try something really new nowadays and do whatever they want... :D

Raku
04-30-2012, 03:53 AM
I know they're having fun, but...

This song may ruin Days Go By's album reputation

Seriously, I don't think I will be able to defend this album because of this joke song (hopefully there won't be anymore like this).

I'll be staying positive though...

weezly
04-30-2012, 03:54 AM
this song makes me want to cruise california in dexters lambogini with noodles pickin up chicks, but in the end it would be pointless, greg k. would get all the ladys.

The Search Button
04-30-2012, 03:59 AM
Can someone explain me how can a song like this ruin the album's reputation?

The worst thing it can happen is it being played to death. And that's a good thing.

I'm getting an huge Americana feel to this album:

The Future is Now (The Kids Aren't Alright)

Cruising California (Pretty Fly, WDYGAJ)

Days go By (She's got Issues???, well kinda)

ad8
04-30-2012, 04:01 AM
What did I just listen to? :D Dexter rapping and singing auto-tune backing vocals? Classic!

weezly
04-30-2012, 04:05 AM
this has got to go to number one, surely, its too catchy not too.

KHWHD
04-30-2012, 04:17 AM
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this song!!!!! :D

liara
04-30-2012, 04:21 AM
Même pour une jokes song c'est lamentable d'opportunisme. Faut avoir aucune culture musical et moins de 15ans pour apprécier de la soupe pareil.
Deja days go by c'etait le fond du fond, mais là...... Je ne parle même pas des backing vocal en playback durant les lives... Merçi les 4 coups de charlé ^^

Vous savez offspring qu'il y a encore des fans qui vous ecoute depuis smash ? Qui ont pris de l'age et qui même avec des daubes comme Rafrag vous suive toujours depuis le temps; honnetement c'est pas agréable de se faire cracher à la gueulle.
Les dollars vous ont corrompu definitivement :( J'ai honte pour vous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYFTbzREY7M

dff_punk
04-30-2012, 04:30 AM
Hahahaha :D This is totally modern and totally not Offspring, but so fucking catchy that I feel guilty about loving it. It's definitely got a potential to be a huge hit. And, when you guys think about it, remember Pretty Fly? Back in the day old-ass fans must have been pissed too about that song, also female vocals and not-so-typical modern laid-back style. Hehe whatever, this song makes me smile.

BuddyHolly
04-30-2012, 04:40 AM
That song is just aweful:o

Gregmau5
04-30-2012, 04:42 AM
Ugh. What the fuck was that? I think my ears just got raped.

Dexter_italy
04-30-2012, 04:44 AM
What is strange is releasing 2 different singles.......that's so weird, will we have 2 videos?

findout5
04-30-2012, 04:54 AM
I felt embarassed listening to this song, and I didn't even write it.
WTF are Bob Rock and their management getting paid for?!?
I just hope the other 9 songs we haven't heard are as good as the other 2 we have heard, asides from this one..
Dexter said on a recent interview this would be their best record. Considering this track is on the record, it just cannot be.
I wish I hadn't clicked on the link. This just ruined my day!

Microwave Jellyfish
04-30-2012, 04:54 AM
Every single copy of this should be burned and deleted for good.

Gregmau5
04-30-2012, 04:55 AM
Ok, maybe I was a bit critical in my last post, but I'll say this. It is a meh song. No more. But it is a crappy, crappy Offspring song.

Microwave Jellyfish
04-30-2012, 05:01 AM
No, you were not. Compared to this, Days Go By, Pretty Fly, and even When You're In Prison are all-time classic masterpieces of music making.

It's Ok for a joke song, but as a single, I don't know what to say.

Beheaded
04-30-2012, 05:01 AM
I like it. Somehow. Maybe because of the weather. It's a really nice pop song for the summer.

BuddyHolly
04-30-2012, 05:14 AM
It's Ok for a joke song

No it isn't;) Pretty Fly and Why Don't You Get A Job are okay as jokesongs, this is rubbish:p

Gregmau5
04-30-2012, 05:18 AM
FUUUUUUUUUU

I had no idea that the feel good hit of the summer would come from my favourite band. It's hard to believe that such a piece of crap came from the genius mind of Dexter Holland.

Microwave Jellyfish
04-30-2012, 05:18 AM
Gaaah, what if the new Dirty Magic will sound like this too?

Gregmau5
04-30-2012, 05:24 AM
Gaaah, what if the new Dirty Magic will sound like this too?

God...no. Don't even go there.

BuddyHolly
04-30-2012, 05:25 AM
You'll hear it bumpin in my trunk?:o

Llamas
04-30-2012, 05:27 AM
Whoa. Whoa. Slow down. I expected this to be a joke song, but... HAHAHAHAHA. This is NOT at ALL what I expected from this band... they're in their 40s and have beer guts!!! My initial thoughts on it:
1) The music reminds me a lot of Smash Mouth.
2) It's kinda fun, I like the chorus, it's got the feeling of a summer hit.
3) Dexter's voice really sounds awful in some parts - he sounds too old to be singing this kind of song.
4) The Offspring is definitely trying to step back into the mainstream with this one. Kinda funny when contrasting with "Days Go By"...

Tell you something...I missed this kind of TheOffspring.
In a way, I agree. Haha, you can tell they had fun with this song. I'll probably end up hating the song in a few months, but they deserve to have fun with the songs and not just write serious, depressing shit all the time.

Dexter rapping about g-strings seriously creeps me out though. They couldn't have gotten someone else to do the rap parts? Hit up Redman!
This. THIS! Dexter is like, grandpa-age! Gonna be super creeped out EVERY TIME I hear that part...

I felt so moved to reply after hearing this that I'm doing so on my phone from a tent in fucking Wyoming.
Hahahaha that's wonderful.

Hahahaha :D This is totally modern and totally not Offspring, but so fucking catchy that I feel guilty about loving it. It's definitely got a potential to be a huge hit. And, when you guys think about it, remember Pretty Fly? Back in the day old-ass fans must have been pissed too about that song, also female vocals and not-so-typical modern laid-back style. Hehe whatever, this song makes me smile.
I gotta agree with you here, 100%. I'm withholding judgment til I hear it in the context of the album. I think I might hate it, but I don't wanna - it really is a lot of fun.

WTF are Bob Rock and their management getting paid for?!?
Bob Rock and the management didn't write this song. The Offspring did. Probably because they felt like having a little fun.

I just hope the other 9 songs we haven't heard are as good as the other 2 we have heard, asides from this one..
Dexter said on a recent interview this would be their best record. Considering this track is on the record, it just cannot be.
I wish I hadn't clicked on the link. This just ruined my day!

Well, considering Dirty Magic is one of the 9 we haven't heard, we can pretty safely assume at least one of the songs will be awesome. The ones I'm nervous about still are I Wanna Secret Family (With You), All I Have Left is You, and Slim Pickens... I think the rest will be good.

Don't be such a downer, though, man... I'll ask HAU's question - what was the first Offspring song you heard? It was probably something a little more light-hearted and fun, right?

Microwave Jellyfish
04-30-2012, 05:28 AM
God...no. Don't even go there.

Just think about it... cheerfully tuned backing vocals going it's oversimplified! uh huh! it's oversimplified, yeah! :cool:

Dexter_italy
04-30-2012, 05:33 AM
Just think about it... cheerfully tuned backing vocals going it's oversimplified! uh huh! it's oversimplified, yeah! :cool:

You're freaking the hell out of me! :D

Gregmau5
04-30-2012, 05:35 AM

lol, know you're making it sound like a RATM song.:p

Llamas
04-30-2012, 05:38 AM
What are those two lines in the second verse??

Hey oh, let's go

Turn up the beat, yeah
I wanna feel it
California
Don't you wish that you could come
'Cause we're never going home
'Till the summer's all gone

Summer time, living's easy
Cruising, bumping in Huntington Beach
Cause the sun will shine, we have a good time
They're all lined up for a bump n' grind
And the girl that you want
Is directly out in front
And she's waiving her caboose at you
you sneeze achoo, she calls you out mm hmm

Bumping in my trunk

Oh yeah
Let's go

The sun goes down
The fire pits sleep
here in the O.C.

Well there are no _______
Though I do have ________
and I might say hey
but i never say ho

And the girl with the gloss
Has a g-string just like floss
Well she's just waving her caboose at you

Bumping in my trunk

Turn up the beat, yeah
I wanna feel it
California
With the radio on
Blazin' all summer long

You're on the brink
My friends are drinking
California

mrconeman
04-30-2012, 05:40 AM
This song is absolutely awful. That's all I can bring myself to comment.

I get that it's a direct attempt at a funny/cheesy single, but this is just fucking terrible.

The Search Button
04-30-2012, 05:43 AM

Hey oh, let's go

Turn up the beat, yeah
I wanna feel it
California

Is directly out in front

Bumping in my trunk

Oh yeah
Let's go

The sun goes down
The fire pits sleep
here in the O.C.

Well there are no _______
Though I do have ________
and I might say hey
but i never say ho

And the girl with the gloss
Has a g-string just like floss
Well she's just waving her caboose at you

Bumping in my trunk

Turn up the beat, yeah
I wanna feel it
California
With the radio on
Blazin' all summer long

You're on the brink
My friends are drinking
California

Well I ride in a Opala
Tough I do have an Impala
And I might say hey
But I never say holla.

Dragnet
04-30-2012, 05:44 AM
I get that it's a direct attempt at a funny/cheesy single, but this is just fucking terrible.

Absolutely. This song doesn't work as an ironic parody of a pop song and it doesn't work as a regular pop song. It just hurts your ears.

Gregmau5
04-30-2012, 05:44 AM
Dexter, if this is an April Fools' Joke, you're one month late. -__-

Defender
04-30-2012, 05:45 AM
3) Dexter's voice really sounds awful in some parts - he sounds too old to be singing this kind of song.

Hmmm... I think it's the opposite. It reminds me a lot the old,good Dexter. I am positively surprised by his voice.
By the way I couldn't imagine something like this song. I am confused. I don't know if I like it or not:confused: !

Dexter_italy
04-30-2012, 05:48 AM
I've got to listen to the future is now to compensate :D I'd accept even the eh eh eh from japanese fans in the studio version! ahah

SeanAshmore
04-30-2012, 05:48 AM
I think the change in his voice may be to do with his weight, he looked about 10 years younger in the picture from the KROQ interview.

I wouldn't say I love the song, but I listened to it before I went to the gym and it has stuck in my head ever since. I really hope for better or for worse, that this song will be a big hit for them.

Gregmau5
04-30-2012, 05:51 AM
I was listening to I'll Be Waiting before I heard this, one of my all-time favourite songs. I nearly cried.

Dragnet
04-30-2012, 05:53 AM
I think the change in his voice may be to do with his weight, he looked about 10 years younger in the picture from the KROQ interview.

I wouldn't say I love the song, but I listened to it before I went to the gym and it has stuck in my head ever since. I really hope for better or for worse, that this song will be a big hit for them.

If you're talking about the picture on the KROQ page, it's actually an old picture, probably taken a few years ago. Just saying...

SeanAshmore
04-30-2012, 05:54 AM
If you're talking about the picture on the KROQ page, it's actually an old picture, probably taken a few years ago. Just saying...

Ah ok, I was wondering how he'd done it ha.

Microwave Jellyfish
04-30-2012, 05:55 AM
I was listening to I'll Be Waiting before I heard this, one of my all-time favourite songs. I nearly cried.
I imagine it would feel like switching from Joan Jett to Rebecca Black.

Oxygene
04-30-2012, 05:57 AM
I think it's a great feelgood song, and it's interesting to see the Offspring's take on something like this... They have been getting much better at squeezing certain kind of emotions and feelings into songs, and not just what they are rightfully famous for, that is a bit depressing.. I really like let's hear it for rock bottom, and nothingtown for this.. and of course half truism.. although half truism is completley in line with their vintage emotional shit, but it does express those emotions, and I do relate to them better than with any other song of theirs (such as TKAA, MOL or IDK whatelese).

I like this song, and it'll be interesting to see how it fits in with the rest of the album.

Anyway, it'll make for an interesting album.. as for it being a hit. I stopped caring about that when I was 5...

mrconeman
04-30-2012, 06:16 AM
It's funny listening to die hard Offspring fans in denial.

If My Chemical Romance or whoever the flavour of the week is this week had released this song you'd all be calling it awful.

Because it's just flat out fucking awful.

Oxygene
04-30-2012, 06:25 AM

If My Chemical Romance or whoever the flavour of the week is this week had released this song you'd all be calling it awful.

Because it's just flat out fucking awful.

I guess it comes with the territory, although I am not sure who this my chemical romance are really.. I think I've seen them at a show or two, but probably my jack and coke was more interesting, so I am not sure how fair it is to draw a parallel between them and a real band, but I'll humor you...

I am biased as fuck against anything Offspring do, but I try to be fair, and for example I honestly like Tokyo I'm on my way as well, so I am probably twisted.. I actually ran my fastest 10K yeseterday and listend to that song.. along with mission fro god.

Like I said, I outgrew this elitest bullshit when I reached the age of reason.. I was probably around 4-5 at the time. It also coincided with not believing in the boogyman anymore and basic arithmetic and read/writing skills. I've stopped caring about what's hip a long time ago, and I actually paid a fuckload of money to go see Lady GaGa as well, so I am just not saying that.

I really like the ambience of this song, and it's a nice change of pace.. I liked Kristy too btw.

Jojan
04-30-2012, 06:31 AM
Better than Hit That.

Llamas
04-30-2012, 06:38 AM
I guess it comes with the territory, although I am not sure who this my chemical romance are really.. I think I've seen them at a show or two, but probably my jack and coke was more interesting, so I am not sure how fair it is to draw a parallel between them and a real band, but I'll humor you...

I am biased as fuck against anything Offspring do, but I try to be fair, and for example I honestly like Tokyo I'm on my way as well, so I am probably twisted.. I actually ran my fastest 10K yeseterday and listend to that song.. along with mission fro god.

Like I said, I outgrew this elitest bullshit when I reached the age of reason.. I was probably around 4-5 at the time. It also coincided with not believing in the boogyman anymore and basic arithmetic and read/writing skills. I've stopped caring about what's hip a long time ago, and I actually paid a fuckload of money to go see Lady GaGa as well, so I am just not saying that.

I really like the ambience of this song, and it's a nice change of pace.. I liked Kristy too btw.

So, there's not a single Offspring song you dislike? That's a seriously strange level of obsession and a total lack of realism. There isn't a single artist out there in the world who is flawless. The Offspring have written some incredible stuff, but with that also comes some shit. They're just people, not gods.

The more I think about this song, the more I hate it. I'm still trying *so hard* to withhold judgment til I hear the whole album. But we've now heard 3 of 12 songs, plus one is a song we already know... there are 8 new songs left, and two of the ones we've heard so far don't really do it for me. Though I like Days Go By, it is pretty generic and unexciting, and Cruisin' California... I just know it's gonna become a skipped track on the album, just like Worst Hangover Ever, Original Prankster, and others... Days Go By was at least good enough to keep me excited, with hopes that it'd be the weakest song on the album... but now there's this. Auto-tuned cliche about California... they couldn't possibly try any harder. I mean, at least Pretty Fly had amusing lyrics and a somewhat funny topic. This song is just so vapid... it might even be worse than Original Prankster...

Gustavo
04-30-2012, 06:40 AM
I have such mixed feeling towards this, it's actually really hard to express my opinion on this. This is most definitely not the kind of music I generally listen to, for sure. But, let's face it, a band does have to put out some "fun songs" to be well known, for example, Get A Job and Pretty Fly, how many of you started listening to The Offspring with those and then went on to their earlier and "tr00er" stuff?

But yeah, it could be interpreted as a joke song, I guess. Specially because of the lyrics, you could definitely see that as some sort of weird sarcasm, as a person who lives in California and is actually tired of the LETS PARTAY ALL NITE life style? The girls gone wild thing, the Jersey Shore and things like that. I think that's very evident in lines like "She's just waving her caboose at you" and "Oh! Oh! Oh! My friends are drinking". Sarcasm in metalanguage, could that be? That's my best bet.

And The Offspring are a respected band, and they have unlimited possibilities for their music, which allows them to "play around" a little.

I really believe that this song could end up being useful for the band, it could have a nice exposure, that might lead for people to listen to other songs and get into the band. I think that a nice and funny video could be even more useful.

My question is: Since it already is a single in Australia, do you guys think it will eventually be a single in places like Europe and North America? I mean, such a "pop" song, you would imagine that it would be released worldwide simultaneously.

Living in Chaos
04-30-2012, 06:44 AM
Sadly, this is the first The Offspring song that I immensely dislike. The fact that they have released it as the first single here in Australia says a lot about our music culture.

The Search Button
04-30-2012, 06:47 AM
I'm not detecting sarcasm. I'm just detecting irony.

Yeah right Dexter, a bass "bumping in my trunk". We all know you like songs about getting it on. (Session)

I don't understand all the hate, it's just a fun song about chilling and cruising California in a Chevy.

Not every song has to be about school shootings.

This lively flavour IS ALSO PART of TheOffspring.

Dexter_italy
04-30-2012, 06:52 AM
I'm not detecting sarcasm. I'm just detecting irony.

Yeah right Dexter, a bass "bumping in my trunk". We all know you like songs about getting it on. (Session)

I don't understand all the hate, it's just a fun song about chilling and cruising California in a Chevy.

Not every song has to be about school shootings.

This lively flavour IS ALSO PART of TheOffspring.

It's not all about the lyrics, it's the music. I don't hate the song as I did when I first played it. I kinda of like it now, but it's really far from what they do, and I know they can try whatever they want, new things and stuff, but on the other and it's a total differente genre, so if I'm into rock or punk rock it's difficoult to like this song. I appreciate more days go by now :) probably won't skip the song because I never skip any track but as joke songs they've done better.

findout5
04-30-2012, 06:53 AM
Whoa. Whoa. Slow down. I expected this to be a joke song, but... HAHAHAHAHA. This is NOT at ALL what I expected from this band... they're in their 40s and have beer guts!!! My initial thoughts on it:
1) The music reminds me a lot of Smash Mouth.
2) It's kinda fun, I like the chorus, it's got the feeling of a summer hit.
4) The Offspring is definitely trying to step back into the mainstream with this one. Kinda funny when contrasting with "Days Go By"...

In a way, I agree. Haha, you can tell they had fun with this song. I'll probably end up hating the song in a few months, but they deserve to have fun with the songs and not just write serious, depressing shit all the time.

This. THIS! Dexter is like, grandpa-age! Gonna be super creeped out EVERY TIME I hear that part...

Hahahaha that's wonderful.

I gotta agree with you here, 100%. I'm withholding judgment til I hear it in the context of the album. I think I might hate it, but I don't wanna - it really is a lot of fun.

Bob Rock and the management didn't write this song. The Offspring did. Probably because they felt like having a little fun.

Well, considering Dirty Magic is one of the 9 we haven't heard, we can pretty safely assume at least one of the songs will be awesome. The ones I'm nervous about still are I Wanna Secret Family (With You), All I Have Left is You, and Slim Pickens... I think the rest will be good.

Don't be such a downer, though, man... I'll ask HAU's question - what was the first Offspring song you heard? It was probably something a little more light-hearted and fun, right?

The 1st one I heard was COAP. The one that sealed the deal was Self Esteem. I'm 31 by the way.
Light-hearted (Pretty Fly, Want You Bad, Nothingown) is one thing. This is another. This sounds like Weezer on Raditude (I don't say it as a compliment).

Bob Rock and Management are paid to advice - if they did it, this song would've never seem the light of day...forever lost in obscurity in a studio reel.

I'm bummed. No fan can like this. No one on this bbs! This is something my 14 year old girl cousin would be into, like Gaga, Akon or something!

I was counting on a surprise for this record, but not like this.

Oxygene
04-30-2012, 06:57 AM
So, there's not a single Offspring song you dislike? That's a seriously strange level of obsession and a total lack of realism. There isn't a single artist out there in the world who is flawless. The Offspring have written some incredible stuff, but with that also comes some shit. They're just people, not gods.

I don't think there is any song I particularly dislike... no. Some songs I feel completely neutral about, but I don't expressly dislike them. But then again, there is very little music that I actually dislike, or expressly hate, so it isn't really limited to offspring. On a scale of 1 to 10 where 1 is something I absolutely loath and find horrifying (like Rebecca Black Friday, or any song by simply red), and 5 is completely neutral, ok radio background music, like I dunno U2 or something 10 is like half truism.. most of the music to me would be 6ish... the majority of Offspring songs are 9ish, and then some songs like so alone would go down as low as 5... but nothing I dislike, no. But there is very little music that I truly really like, and very few albums I can bare to listen to in their entirety.. so I am a little strange I guess, compared to other people, in terms of approach to music. No real basis for comparison I guess

The Search Button
04-30-2012, 06:57 AM
It's not all about the lyrics, it's the music. I don't hate the song as I did when I first played it. I kinda of like it now, but it's really far from what they do, and I know they can try whatever they want, new things and stuff, but on the other and it's a total differente genre, so if I'm into rock or punk rock it's difficoult to like this song. I appreciate more days go by now :) probably won't skip the song because I never skip any track but as joke songs they've done better.

I respect the others right to not like the song.

I would just expect that the others would respect the fact that I like it.

Oxygene
04-30-2012, 07:00 AM
This is something my 14 year old girl cousin would be into, like Gaga, Akon or something!

Wtf is wrong with liking Gaga.. this kind of shit boggles the mind.

I like Gaga... and I like Phil Collins too.. What kind of a role does popularity play in the quality of any "work of art"?

Greekoldfan
04-30-2012, 07:02 AM
it's defenitely the surprise song that noodles was talking about.i didn't want to listen to it until i buy the record but, this f@ckin MAXTER made me so curious to listen to it!!!

Camilamazed
04-30-2012, 07:03 AM
I should've listened to Randy when he told me not to listen to this song.

Oh God, Why?

offspringiztheshit
04-30-2012, 07:06 AM
BumpIn in my truck sucks. It is the definition of terrible pop shit.

Dexter_italy
04-30-2012, 07:09 AM
I respect the others right to not like the song.

I would just expect that the others would respect the fact that I like it.

Well people complainig for others liking the song is nonsense. But I don't approve statements like "this are the offspring I know"... because it means nothing either.
I played the song at list ten times in a row so I don't hate it, but I would have liked to hear some heavy stuff before.

Oxy I understand what you mean, there are only 2 songs which I'm not particulary into from the Offspring, Hypodermic and the bridge of living in chaos (the falling part). I usually like all the things I listen to but as for Gaga and others it's just taste. I don't like her songs, I hate the fanbase and the business around that kind of music. She may be talented but again it's taste. I can't stand Dream theater and all prog metal for example. Sometimes the hate is toward the artist more then the music.
As for the offspring it won't be a different song that changes what I think about them, still can't wait to see them live and listen to the new album.
The band knows what they do, and it's alway better to what linkin park did to their music :D

Dexter_italy
04-30-2012, 07:10 AM
Oh another thing...where's degstur lolland with his corpse in the trunk theory? you missed this one dude! :D

Dragnet
04-30-2012, 07:15 AM
In a world full of Oxys and Dexter_italys there would be world peace for sure! :D

randman21
04-30-2012, 07:15 AM
So I blacked out somewhere near the beginning of the song. When I came to, I was holding a big knife and sobbing. And I can't figure out what it means...

Okay, let me first say that I am REALLY glad that a lot of you here like this song. It's always good when the band gets support from its core fanbase, especially for a song like this. But I am totally not feeling this. I definitely won't say that I hate it, but it doesn't work for me at this point. The chorus is catchy, but it doesn't have any edge.

It's funny, every single opinion I have of the song has been expressed in this thread already. Starting with this:

Seriously. I'm about to listen to this song for a second time, but if ANY OTHER BAND put this song out, once would have been enough for me.

So, there's not a single Offspring song you dislike?
I don't think it's that strange. I will go as far as to say that I like every song they've put out. Covers, rarities, etc, and it didn't take any effort to do so. And the reason I know this is true...is because immediately, I can say the streak has been broken.

It definitely is a fun song, but it's one of those that I should never hear because it's by a band I don't know who's 20 to 30 years younger. It's not like Pretty Fly, Original Prankster, Hit That. Those were fun, but they were all straight-up rockers. Cruisin' California is waaay too much of a risk to maybe have a hit. If this song falls flat, they will look like douches. However, I will say that if it is a hit, I will be elated. EDIT: and it should be stated that I have no interest in whether it does do well on the charts.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
04-30-2012, 07:30 AM
Better than Hit That.
No, not really.

I can't believe I subjected my ears to this song three times already. Whoever said it's "awful" was making an understatement. It's very dumb. The only reason I like it is because it's slightly humorous and I picture middle-aged men rocking out to it. If they play this live.....:eek:

I wish they wouldn't have tried this. I am really hoping none of my friends here this song. It's catchy, but I'm going to stop listening to it now.

I'm going to listen to the self-titled album followed by the 1986 demos on my bus ride today.

Krojd
04-30-2012, 07:32 AM
This song is apperently a joke-diss-mocking song of the new and modern music like Katy Perry and shit like she is and that fact is why I like it.

disclaimer_07
04-30-2012, 07:33 AM
Haha, some of you guys should really chill out. It's not half bad for a Pretty Fly-ish White Guy-ish song. It actually makes me smile. Auto-tuned Dexter is just priceless. :D

The whole thing sort of has a California Gurls feel to it, lol. :D

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
04-30-2012, 07:35 AM
Okay, I used to like Pretty Fly, but now I absolutely adore it. I love that song now.

Sorry, I'll come back when I'm chill.

Llamas
04-30-2012, 07:39 AM
The song is massively stuck in my head. That's at least more than I can say for Days Go By.

Seriously. I'm about to listen to this song for a second time, but if ANY OTHER BAND put this song out, once would have been enough for me.
I gotta agree here. The ONLY reason I'm giving it ANY ounce of a chance - listening to it more than once, thinking about it - is cause it's a band I love and respect. I like MCR, but yeah if they'd put this song out, I'd write them off completely and never listen to it again.

I don't think it's that strange. I will go as far as to say that I like every song they've put out. Covers, rarities, etc, and it didn't take any effort to do so. And the reason I know this is true...is because immediately, I can say the streak has been broken.
Dang. You guys are a special breed ;) That's great, though. Music tends to fall into "love" or "hate" with me most of the time... and there are several Offspring songs I HATE (I'll give this one a pass for now because it's brand new and I don't know how I'll feel about it after some time, but I HATE, Worst Hangover Ever, Want You Bad, Original Prankster, and So Alone). HATE for me means I skip it when it comes on, and on the rare occasion that I give it a whirl and don't skip it right away, I can't stomach to listen to the whole thing and end up ending it way early. I guess there are some artists who don't have any songs I HATE, but I don't think any of them are 9 albums deep into their career.

It definitely is a fun song, but it's one of those that I should never hear because it's by a band I don't know who's 20 to 30 years younger. It's not like Pretty Fly, Original Prankster, Hit That. Those were fun, but they were all straight-up rockers. Cruisin' California is waaay too much of a risk to maybe have a hit. If this song falls flat, they will look like douches. However, I will say that if it is a hit, I will be elated. EDIT: and it should be stated that I have no interest in whether it does do well on the charts.

This I agree with 100%. HUGE risk. I do hope it's successful, though, because it truly is a make-or-break song for them. There is no "meh" reaction from the masses here - it's either huge hit, or omg what happened to them?

Krojd
04-30-2012, 07:41 AM
I was quite shocked for the first time, now I'm laughing my ass off listening to it :) Its catchy, funny and its mocking the modern music.... "Bumpin' In My Trunk oh-ooooooh" :D

Llamas
04-30-2012, 07:42 AM
The only reason I like it is because it's slightly humorous and I picture middle-aged men rocking out to it. If they play this live.....:eek:

Hahahaha oh man. Now I'm amused. I hope they make an over-the-top cheesy video with the Offspring filling the role of middle-aged men creepily hitting on young women on the beach. Then I'd like this song.

This song is apperently a joke-diss-mocking song of the new and modern music like Katy Perry and shit like she is and that fact is why I like it.
I just don't think it is... the lyrics don't seem mocking at all. I'm still holding out for this to be true - that it's a social commentary mockery of these kinds of songs and people, but it just sounds so much like they're trying to FIT IN to that stuff...

Dexter_italy
04-30-2012, 07:46 AM
it just sounds so much like they're trying to FIT IN to that stuff...

That is what keeps me from completely love the song. But in the end having parties is fun :D I will definetely play this song loud at my pool degreeing party :D :D :D

Microwave Jellyfish
04-30-2012, 07:48 AM
It's not like Pretty Fly, Original Prankster, Hit That. Those were fun, but they were all straight-up rockers.

I just don't think it is... the lyrics don't seem mocking at all. I'm still holding out for this to be true - that it's a social commentary mockery of these kinds of songs and people, but it just sounds so much like they're trying to FIT IN to that stuff...

Totally agreed. This one doesn't have the feel of some pop culture parody mixed into their usual sound. It reminds me of Linkin Park's total genre change a few years ago with that god-awful album.

It's their choice for sure, but I'd really hate it if the whole record and its follow-ups would move into this level of pop direction. So many bad concepts are on my mind... like, a dubstep song is just a few steps from this. Heard about the last Korn album?

... on the other hand, Axl might actually sue them for making their on Chinese Democracy after all :cool:

Krojd
04-30-2012, 07:49 AM
I just don't think it is... the lyrics don't seem mocking at all.

I think mocking lyrics are not necessary when you make a whole song-music as a parody of something.

Llamas
04-30-2012, 07:52 AM
It reminds me of Linkin Park's total genre change a few years ago with that god-awful album.
I actually liked the LP album... this is totally different. :-/

It's their choice for sure, but I'd really hate it if the whole record and its follow-ups would move into this level of pop direction. So many bad concepts are on my mind... like, a dubstep song is just a few steps from this. Heard about the last Korn album?
I don't think the whole album will be like this. First of all, we already heard The Future is Now, and it's awesome. Second of all, we know Dirty Magic is on it, and they would never do this to that song. They know they'd piss off way too many fans. Third of all, we knew from the moment we saw the track list that this song was probably gonna be dumb. There's really no way songs with titles like "Dividing by Zero" and "Hurting as One" are gonna be silly beach songs like this. Do not fret, I have faith.

Haven't heard about the latest Korn album... what did THEY do?

Dexter_italy
04-30-2012, 07:54 AM
they made a dubstep album

samseby
04-30-2012, 07:59 AM
Was it good, did it get better? Have to ask because I only listened for about half a minute :p :(

As for my hopes for the new album: Well ...

Lord_Gabo
04-30-2012, 08:02 AM
the only thing that have shocked me...is... the vocoder!!!:eek:

Gustavo
I actually liked the LP album... this is totally different. :-/

Did you listen to "Burn It Down" from their upcoming album "Living Things"? Also a complete disappointment.

As for this song not being some sort of parody or mockery, I don't think that's true. I mean, for me, it's so obvious that they're just making a pop song about pop songs, some sort of weird sarcasm. I still defend my theory of metalanguage with sarcasm.

But I haven't yet given up on the new album, "The Future Is Now" sounded pretty good from what I could hear, and "Days Go By" is rather good. Let's just hope that this rest is good, as well. I honestly think it will be. I mean, it's freaking The Offspring we're talking about, they rarely disppoint us, but if they ever do, it's understandable, since they're just humans, like we are.

disclaimer_07
I was quite shocked for the first time, now I'm laughing my ass off listening to it :) Its catchy, funny and its mocking the modern music.... "Bumpin' In My Trunk oh-ooooooh" :D

Yeah, it kinda seems like a joke song. At least I hope it is a joke song. :eek:

I mean, an entire Offspring album filled with songs like that would be an utter disaster but only one such song just adds some flavor to it. :D

Krojd
04-30-2012, 08:08 AM
Did you listen to "Burn It Down" from their upcoming album "Living Things"? Also a complete disappointment.

I listened to it just now, not a big LP fan, but I like it way more than the cheap nu-metal they did.

samseby
04-30-2012, 08:10 AM
Maybe it will help attracting some new "fans"? :p

Edit: Maybe a little sarcasm will help ... ;)

effreyj
04-30-2012, 08:12 AM
At least it's original. It's much better than Worst Hangover Ever...

Also, I'd rather have a song like this than a song like When You're in Prison.

AllIn All It's Not So Bad
04-30-2012, 08:13 AM

I heard No brakes and All I want. NO, not everyone is into joke songs. I remember when I heard Pretty Fly in 04 and I was like WTF IS DIS CHIT

Microwave Jellyfish
04-30-2012, 08:14 AM
we know Dirty Magic is on it, and they would never do this to that song.

All that I believe is now, everything is possible ;)

But yeah, you're probably right. I hope. Just... I don't know, up until today I never thought that they would do something like a pop song straight out of Disney's Camp Rock either.

For Days Go By, I still have faith of course, but if Crappin' Calio becomes a huge hit, I'm sure they'll at least consider writing tons of stuff like it in the future. That route would suck.

04-30-2012, 08:17 AM
So many bad concepts are on my mind... like, a dubstep song is just a few steps from this. Heard about the last Korn album?

Bro come on. I make you a dubstep remix of an offspring song and I'll make it song good

Microwave Jellyfish
04-30-2012, 08:19 AM
Please don't.

Marco
04-30-2012, 08:19 AM
I think mocking lyrics are not necessary when you make a whole song-music as a parody of something.

This is exactly what I think too: it's more about the music and the general vibe rather than lyrics. Let's not forget this is MUSIC, not poetry with background.

Llamas
04-30-2012, 08:27 AM
I heard No brakes and All I want. NO, not everyone is into joke songs. I remember when I heard Pretty Fly in 04 and I was like WTF IS DIS CHIT

Oh I know :) I didn't really like Pretty Fly when I first heard it - the song that got me to buy the album, though, was Why Don't You Get a Job? For most people who post here, we got into the Offspring cause of the summer hits that "real" fans hate.

But Cruisin' California is way worse than WDYGAJ?

The Search Button
04-30-2012, 08:40 AM
The more I listen to this song the more I'm reminded of the Original Prankster videoclip. All those scenes near the beach with the band having a good time in the warm California Sun.

RonWelty
04-30-2012, 08:41 AM
This song is california girls 2 of katy perry

Microwave Jellyfish
04-30-2012, 08:44 AM
The more I listen to this song the more I'm reminded of the Original Prankster videoclip. All those scenes near the beach with the band having a good time in the warm California Sun.
Gotta admit, listening to it does feel like biting into a dogshit sandwich.

Tijs
04-30-2012, 08:45 AM
1) The music reminds me a lot of Smash Mouth. Wow. I definitely didn't make that connection but I'm glad you did. I freakin' LOVE Smash Mouth, they're so cheerful.

If My Chemical Romance or whoever the flavour of the week is this week had released this song you'd all be calling it awful.I wouldn't say that. There's punkrock bands out there that released something like this, and that happens to be the only song I like by them. Or for any other genre in that matter.

samseby
04-30-2012, 08:45 AM
Maybe it's gonna work in Japan or elsewhere?! :p

the_real_potomek
04-30-2012, 08:47 AM
I think it's a funny song:)

chriiis
04-30-2012, 08:54 AM

I agree, for me the song is totally funny and the chorus could be really catchy haha. I think this song should have some special meaning.

here's a rip if anyone want to have it by the way:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/5j8x56

Llamas
04-30-2012, 08:59 AM
Wow. I definitely didn't make that connection but I'm glad you did. I freakin' LOVE Smash Mouth, they're so cheerful.

I'd like the song more if it was Smash Mouth, honestly. Dexter's voice in this "rapping" doesn't work for me. Steve's singing fits this style so, so much better.

TeddyBear_Army
04-30-2012, 09:02 AM
Yeah guise, this song is not what everyone was hoping for... so what?! I mean, I'm as old school a fan as anyone around here (15 years and counting) and I've come to expect this kind of songs from them. It was really surprising that RAFRAG did not have one of them. I mean, The Offspring have been doing "joke" songs for a while now, and even though most fans hate them, they do add some flavour to the album (WYIP notwithstanding). I for one think this song is original and catchy as hell, and may be the best joke song they´ve ever done. It may not be as "rockin'" as the other joke songs, but it's a feel good and funny song in its surface and a direct stab at Katy Perry and those "life is always great" kind of things. I mean, you cannot take it seriously once Dex sings "cabooze". It's obviously a sarcastic song that makes fun of those that listen to it without giving the lyrics a thought, the same way Pretty Fly does that. While I do understand the way the musical part of song is upsetting to a lot of fans, I think it's a pretty original song and I'm loving it. It'll probably grow on a lot of you, just like Get a Job did way back when.

I don't think you guys should worry about the overall quality of the album. The 3 songs we've heard from it, like it or not, do not sound like they fully belong on any previous Offspring album... but in a good way. You can clearly listen the influence from Ixnay and some Rise Against in "The Future Is Now", but that's it. The worst album they have put out, in my opinion, is Splinter. The thing is, the songs did not sound like they belonged together. They all sounded like they were from other albums (specially Americana) and had almost no correlation between them at all. These new songs do sound cohesive and fresh, so I'm betting this will be a good album. And I'm not ashamed to say that I may love Cruisin' California more than Days Go By and The Future Is Now.

disclaimer_07
04-30-2012, 09:02 AM
Now I can't listen to that song without thinking of Katy Perry's California Gurls.

It still makes me smile though. :D

martin_theoffspring
04-30-2012, 09:04 AM
jajaja hey take it easy... this is THE fun theme of the album

Is directly out in front

a few months ago on twiter:

Try to decipher these lyrics -"She's waving her caboose at you, you sneeze, achoo, she calls you out, uh-huh."

this song reminds me of spice girls, eiffel 65 and aqua...

LMAO

Supa
04-30-2012, 09:11 AM
BumpIn in my truck sucks. It is the definition of terrible pop shit.

I honestly think that's what they were going for. From seeing them in concert and hearing them do interviews and the Americana and Huck It videos, and just the podcasts and everything...this is something that they agree is really stupid as well but they just have fun doing it to make fun of the immensely oversaturated "party all night long" song market. I high, highly doubt they are trying to mold themselves with songs like these just to be popular. They probably wrote it to be a joke, and that's that.

TripleDK
04-30-2012, 09:17 AM
I listened to this song, and at first I was thinking it was some sort of weird modern Rick-Roll, but then Dexter's vocals kicked in, and I just couldn't stop giggling through the rest of the song.

jacknife737
04-30-2012, 09:17 AM
Not quite sure how to take this song: initial impressions

On the plus side, its fairly catchy, and Dexter's vocals sound pretty good (aside form the autotune part). I also actually appreciate them getting their sense of humor back. And it’s a song that is perfect for summertime playlists: will do very well on the radio; it’s sort of cool that the band has the balls to pretty much write a straight up top 40 pop song.

On the negatives: the lyrics are sort of cringe worthy (though, i can sort of attribute this to the somewhat sarcastic nature of the song) and i’m not a fan of the female vocals during the “bumpin in my trunk” part of the song. And fuck autotune. Not to mention in general i'm a much bigger fan of their more "punk" centric stuff.

Going to have to listen to this a few more times and revisit my opinion.

RonWelty
04-30-2012, 09:18 AM

Yes it is. WDYGAJ is a well constructed pop song ( well they're cheating Beatles). Cruisin californiA is like a demo version of a Katy Perry or Rihana song .

jsmak84
04-30-2012, 09:18 AM
Hou SHIT!!!!!!

bighead384
04-30-2012, 09:19 AM
Even people that don't know a lot about Dexter know he's got to be at least a well into his 40s just based on how long The Offspring's been around.

That's enough to really make this song a lot less cool in the eyes of many people.

As far as Dexter's voice, it fits okay for this type of song, and maybe the uniqueness will give it an edge that makes it stand out. But just think the fact that it's The Offspring will kind of take away from the popularity it might otherwise have.

jacknife737
04-30-2012, 09:28 AM
Also, I'm pretty sure that all market research ever must confirm the fact that singing the word "California" in auto-tune completely guarantees a humongous hit song.

Just wanted to give this post the attention it deserves.

bighead384
04-30-2012, 09:30 AM
Just wanted to give this post the attention it deserves.

Yeah I know, I almost wanted to sig it, but it would seem irrelevant too quickly.

Defender
04-30-2012, 09:38 AM

Yes it is. WDYGAJ is a well constructed pop song ( well they're cheating Beatles). Cruisin californiA is like a demo version of a Katy Perry or Rihana song .

RonWelty,I think Llamas didn't make a question. The question mark is part of the song title. (why don't you get a job?)

findout5
04-30-2012, 09:40 AM
Wtf is wrong with liking Gaga.. this kind of shit boggles the mind.

I like Gaga... and I like Phil Collins too.. What kind of a role does popularity play in the quality of any "work of art"?

Perhaps I did not explain myself properly and came of looking like an elitist.

There's nothing wrong with liking Phil Collins, Peter Gabriel, Sting, etc.

And there is nothing wrong with being popular. The Offspring haven't been so for over a decade, so it would be acceptable that they put out anything...just cause they are not popular.

What I meant to say was this:
When the mainstream comes to a band it's OK.
When a band makes a song like this, they are the ones going for the mainstream. They are the ones changing their sound to fit in.

On another note, and not to be mean, the definition of a sell-out is this: when an artist changes their music to fit in a current musical panorama, then they sold-out.

I too am a fan. And they've had some not so good songs in the past, but it was OK because the records were good/great and the not so good songs were just that: OK songs, standard in some cases, uninspired in others and above all in very low quantities.

This specific song is very bad. Usually I try to turn people I know into The Offspring and their music. However, this song makes me ashamed to say I even like them. If I hear that shit in the radio, I will cringe in shame. I don't want to be associated with that sound.

Dexter_italy
04-30-2012, 09:41 AM
We (you're fans) respected and worshipped you until "Cruising California (Bumpin' In My Truck)".

If you want our respect again, please, exclude that song forever!

The Offspring Brazil Facebook Community

this is what brazilian fans are writing on the band's facebook profile...so annoying and disrespectful, how could you evere DARE asking to exclude a song? don't like? don't liste, what the fuck... even thought it's not the song of my life a request like this is unbelieveble...fuck 'em all.

SuperKnux
04-30-2012, 09:42 AM
LOL! Awesome song! It does sound like somewhat of a demo track to Katy Perry but ultimately, it's pretty sweet. Much better than the title track that's for sure!

findout5
04-30-2012, 09:44 AM
We (you're fans) respected and worshipped you until "Cruising California (Bumpin' In My Truck)".

If you want our respect again, please, exclude that song forever!

The Offspring Brazil Facebook Community

this is what brazilian fans are writing on the band's facebook profile...so annoying and disrespectful, how could you evere DARE asking to exclude a song? don't like? don't liste, what the fuck... even thought it's not the song of my life a request like this is unbelieveble...fuck 'em all.

Damn...brazilians with attitude!
Not releasing that song on the record is the best idea I read on this thread.

Dexter_italy
04-30-2012, 09:44 AM
I don't want to be associated with that sound.

I think it's going too far... you associated with that sound? is it your song? I don't think so... you are free to say you don't like it... but it's unbelievable we ask them to write what WE want. they do what they want if we like it's good if not the problem doesn't existed. nobody ever forced you all to like a song I think. this is going from I like\I don't like to I like it\it ruined my life.... c'mon...

DMelges
04-30-2012, 09:47 AM
WOW. Okay, so where do I begin? hahaha

Listening to this song, I really have to admit two things. It is an extremely catchy and fun song, and you can recognize The Offspring's style in the song (I'm not talking about the raps or the girl or even the lack of guitar, I'm talking about the chorus and such.)

I am totally suprised that they would be this extreme and actually make a song so different from what they've done before. I mean I expected a joke song, but wow.

Now.... my opinion? I agree with everyone who said that the band shouldn't feel obligated to writing "depressive" music all the time, and they should be allowed to have some fun and try different things. I like this song, simply because it's very catchy and fun, because believe me if it weren't as catchy and as fun, I would hate it.

I think everyone who is pissed off should just relax a bit.... this song live will be very fun, and will get everyone jumping.

Besides, it seems like all the other songs on the album will be have a more serious tone.

Enjoy it guys! It is after all The Offspring and even if they write a song that doesn't fit our musical taste, it's still our favorite band and therefor we should try understand where they're coming from with this.

RAFAyEL
04-30-2012, 09:47 AM
Cruising California (Bumpin' In My Trunk)" = POPSPRING

findout5
04-30-2012, 09:48 AM
I think it's going too far... you associated with that sound? is it your song? I don't think so... you are free to say you don't like it... but it's unbelievable we ask them to write what WE want. they do what they want if we like it's good if not the problem doesn't existed. nobody ever forced you all to like a song I think. this is going from I like\I don't like to I like it\it ruined my life.... c'mon...

It did not ruin my life lol
Just my day.

I'm a big fan of them. But this is just wrong. It's like seeing your friends grandma nude!

Tompo2000
04-30-2012, 09:49 AM
As long as it is the only song on the new record like this, I'm okay with it :D

Jojan
04-30-2012, 09:51 AM
I suppose that it's Greg who sings the "Bumpin' in my truck" parts.

Dexter_italy
04-30-2012, 09:52 AM
Cruising California (Bumpin' In My Trunk)" = POPSPRING

wow I see dexter and the guys crying for this... and btw.... you wordplay would have worked if they were the Punkspring...but they are Offspring it doesn't work..

Dexter_italy
04-30-2012, 09:53 AM
I suppose that it's Greg who sings the "Bumpin' in my truck" parts.

huahuahahahaahah I'd pay a ticket only to see that!

TeddyBear_Army
04-30-2012, 09:53 AM
WOW. Okay, so where do I begin? hahaha

Listening to this song, I really have to admit two things. It is an extremely catchy and fun song, and you can recognize The Offspring's style in the song (I'm not talking about the raps or the girl or even the lack of guitar, I'm talking about the chorus and such.)

I am totally suprised that they would be this extreme and actually make a song so different from what they've done before. I mean I expected a joke song, but wow.

Now.... my opinion? I agree with everyone who said that the band shouldn't feel obligated to writing "depressive" music all the time, and they should be allowed to have some fun and try different things. I like this song, simply because it's very catchy and fun, because believe me if it weren't as catchy and as fun, I would hate it.

I think everyone who is pissed off should just relax a bit.... this song live will be very fun, and will get everyone jumping.

Besides, it seems like all the other songs on the album will be have a more serious tone.

Enjoy it guys! It is after all The Offspring and even if they write a song that doesn't fit our musical taste, it's still our favorite band and therefor we should try understand where they're coming from with this.

Quoted for truth. Then again, he`s from São Paulo... we paulistas always say the truth.

DMelges
04-30-2012, 09:54 AM
Quoted for truth. Then again, he`s from São Paulo... we paulistas always say the truth.

Haha the ironic thing is, I am actually from California. Lived very close to the band. Now I'm in Sao Paulo.

TeddyBear_Army
04-30-2012, 09:56 AM
Haha the ironic thing is, I am actually from California. Lived very close to the band. Now I'm in Sao Paulo.

oh. you fucking liar!

DMelges
04-30-2012, 09:58 AM
I can't stop listening to this song.... it's burning.... yet I like it. Not sure if this song is great, or if it actually lowered my standards.

Leandro
04-30-2012, 09:59 AM
They should do the right thing and ride Bob Rock and this song to hell!

Come on, it's not The Offspring!

Llamas
wow I see dexter and the guys crying for this... and btw.... you wordplay would have worked if they were the Punkspring...but they are Offspring it doesn't work..

OnDrugsspring. ;)

TeddyBear_Army
i really love this song... but then again, i really love lady gaga. color me gay.

Lord_Gabo
04-30-2012, 10:03 AM
I think I died a little inside.

honestly me too. but every time that a new album come out i feel this thing. There's always a song that "surprised" me after ixnay.. pretty fly , original prankster, when you're in prison, fix you..and now cruising california

hshduppsnt
04-30-2012, 10:12 AM
ummm.... hahahahahahahahaha I don't even know what to say...

I'll come back later after I let that digest a little.

edit: ok... this song is hilarious and in my opinion even though people are saying it is
hard to see the lyrics dripping with sarcasm and the like I think they are so utterly absurd
I can't help but laugh while I listen to the song. Sure it probably won't be on heavy rotation
when I listen to the album, skip will be pressed but it is definitely hilarious.

Defender
04-30-2012, 10:12 AM
Well, after I recovered from the shock I listened to "Cruising California" two more times. (I am listening to this for a 4th time, at the moment). I like it more than "Fix you" and "Worst hangover ever". That makes me optimistic of the upcoming album. I dare to say that I like it. Yes, I agree with most of you: it's not a song that fits in with the Offspring... but it's a funny, cute and "makes you smile(or laugh)" song . For me, it's a little risky to be a single but it's good enough to be a funny part of the new album.

RonWelty
04-30-2012, 10:14 AM
it has some European Dance music vibe also

DMelges
04-30-2012, 10:20 AM
Damn this song is catchy.

Guys just try to have fun with it. Seriously.

Think about it this way. We have an entire new album coming out in a couple months, with alot of new songs. All of these songs will be serious, this is the one joke song.

AND, pretty much all of us will be able to see band live again either this year or the next, with this new tour.

Come on, it's a good time to be an Offspring fan ;)

offspring_freak_3
04-30-2012, 10:37 AM
wtf?!
I didn't enjoyed this at all...

Leandro
04-30-2012, 10:48 AM
I know that this is a joke song, but I only will be ok with it if the band says that this song is a parody of this style of music, like Gustavo said before.

I can't imagine that they think that the majority of people who enjoy them will like this kind of music.

I hope the other songs on the record will compesate this one.

04-30-2012, 10:48 AM

I really don't know. I can't say any song on Americana sucks because alll the songs on that album are my favorite. Including the singles except pretty fly for a white guy. I'll have to let it sit in for a while

XYlophonetreeZ
04-30-2012, 10:49 AM
I know that this is a joke song, but I only will be ok with it if the band says that this song is a parody of this style of music, like Gustavo said before.

But that's just the thing. A band shouldn't have to come out and say it's a joke song. It should be obvious. It should speak for itself.

Degstur Lolland
04-30-2012, 10:51 AM
Holy shiz. :D Shazaam and Niz. <3

It makes me smile and then grin from ear to ear. :D

So, that's the one with Ronnie King doing a pipe melody and Achoo cabooze lyrics. What's My girlfriend is a bitch song now? Turning Into You, All I Have Left Is You or I Wanna Secret Family (with You). We have some "fire raining in on you" lyrics...

Ey oh, let's go, Ramones. Ooh Ouu, Katty Perry. Industrial techno rap shazaam with pipes and bitchez.

Retarded Dexy, Ahaa Ahaa, is the funniest shiz ever. :D

I love it and I could listen to it again and again. It's asking for a fail, but it's sarcastic I guess and not really serious in a serious way.

Well, I don't know if this community is ready for 22 000 000 HAUs. :d

I go into them because of Pretty Fly, but I remember hating I Choose before it and I probably heard COAP, but I was too young and digging Spice Girls and Backstreet Boys.

Oh another thing...where's degstur lolland with his corpse in the trunk theory? you missed this one dude! :D
It wasn't my idea, but I added it to the list.

Degstur Lolland is a famous rapper now! :d

And holy shit, TeddyBear Army is baaaaaaaack. I remember U.

nightvision
04-30-2012, 10:52 AM
I guess I can sit in my apartment and listen to it and giggle for myself but there's no way I'll play this in my car or at parties. Too embarrassing man.

Leandro
04-30-2012, 10:55 AM
This song contains all the stereotypes of pop songs that most here do not enjoy. The only reason I see for them to create this song is just to make fun with this kind of music.

I hope the band did it for this purpose.

TeddyBear_Army
04-30-2012, 10:57 AM
Holy shiz. :D Shazaam and Niz. <3

It makes me smile and then grin from ear to ear. :D

So, that's the one with Ronnie King doing a pipe melody and Achoo cabooze lyrics. What's My girlfriend is a bitch song now? Turning Into You, All I Have Left Is You or I Wanna Secret Family (with You). We have some "fire raining in on you" lyrics...

Ey oh, let's go, Ramones. Ooh Ouu, Katty Perry. Industrial techno rap shazaam with pipes and bitchez.

Retarded Dexy, Ahaa Ahaa, is the funniest shiz ever. :D

I love it and I could listen to it again and again. It's asking for a fail, but it's sarcastic I guess and not really serious in a serious way.

Well, I don't know if this community is ready for 22 000 000 HAUs. :d

I go into them because of Pretty Fly, but I remember hating I Choose before it and I probably heard COAP, but I was too young and digging Spice Girls and Backstreet Boys.

It wasn't my idea, but I added it to the list.

Degstur Lolland is a famous rapper now! :d

And holy shit, TeddyBear Army is baaaaaaaack. I remember U.

yep, here I am, old schoolin' to the max! what's your old username?

The Search Button
04-30-2012, 11:01 AM
Reading this thread makes me realize that a lot of Offspring fans have grown old and grumpy.

It's a great catchy tune that makes me smile the whole time.

04-30-2012, 11:02 AM
This song is so awful...but why do I LIKE IT?!?!?!?!?!?

DMelges
04-30-2012, 11:04 AM
This song is so awful...but why do I LIKE IT?!?!?!?!?!?

Because it's fun and catchy. If it weren't, we would hate it.

Leandro
04-30-2012, 11:07 AM
Maybe this song could be a kind of "Intermission". It is on the middle of tracklist. Maybe this song is a way to give a break in a sequence of serious songs. This is the only plausible justification for the existence of this music.

T-6005
04-30-2012, 11:07 AM
It still fails miserably as a joke song. It isn't funny or sarcastic or varied enough to be taken seriously as a satire of the pop-genre.

And worse, it's just a terrible song.

Degstur Lolland
04-30-2012, 11:09 AM
But that's just the thing. A band shouldn't have to come out and say it's a joke song. It should be obvious. It should speak for itself.
It's you overly serious people/Americans who can't see obvious shiz. That's why I'm banned all the time.

"Cruising California (Bumpin' In My Trunk)" has more of a cross-over feel, but we can confirm the rest of the album is more 'rock focused' like the song "Days Go By".

So don't worry guys and time to get less serious. But, there is also My girlfriend is a bitch. One can only wonder how rocking it could be. :D

OffspringDude
04-30-2012, 11:10 AM
This is...amazing!!!!!! :D

Certainly catchy!!

The lyrics are OK but its the melody and the beat that what this song is about :cool:

disclaimer_07
04-30-2012, 11:10 AM
Reading this thread makes me realize that a lot of Offspring fans have grown old and grumpy.

It's a great catchy tune that makes me smile the whole time.

Same here. It's impossible for me not to smile while listening to that song. Haha.

They most likely recorded it just for shits and giggles, so it does its job perfectly.

Degstur Lolland
04-30-2012, 11:11 AM
Maybe this song could be a kind of "Intermission". It is on the middle of tracklist. Maybe this song is a way to give a break in a sequence of serious songs. This is the only plausible justification for the existence of this music.
You are retarded.

OffspringDude
04-30-2012, 11:14 AM
Does anyone else hear vibes of Black Eyed Peas - My Humps at the "Bumpin in my trunk" part...LOL

jsmak84
04-30-2012, 11:18 AM
AAAaaaAAAaaaAA After the 21st Listening ............

Well I'm still the Original Prankster had to make a crap if not ......................

But because of that effeminate suonettino minkia?

Why the shit that voice that says california?

Boff Boff boff boff

wuaff wuaff wuaff wuaff

Why this?

I feel bad ......................

I'm hungry to eat.

sneedo83
04-30-2012, 11:19 AM
This song is a serious face palm, sometimes it's embarrassing to admit you like the Offspring, when this song comes out it will be one of those times.

danitanev
04-30-2012, 11:20 AM
This song is a bit weird but very fun I think - my first thoughts were like - WTF, but then I started listening and singing with the ladies - "... bumping in my trunk..." - I like it!

XYlophonetreeZ
04-30-2012, 11:21 AM
AAAaaaAAAaaaAA After the 21st Listening ............

Well I'm still the Original Prankster had to make a crap if not ......................

But because of that effeminate suonettino minkia?

Why the shit that voice that says california?

Boff Boff boff boff

wuaff wuaff wuaff wuaff

Why this?

I feel bad ......................

I'm hungry to eat.

This post is amazing.

04-30-2012, 11:21 AM
Because it's fun and catchy. If it weren't, we would hate it.

You're completely right. I'm just gonna enjoy it because even though its so cheesy and cringy, I'm gonna be bumping in on my car. The Offspring should redo this song and put heavier kicks so my trunk actually bumps

DMelges
04-30-2012, 11:26 AM
You know I hate seeing people suffer so much because of this song. I'm enjoying it, going with the flow. New Offspring album, new shows, it's great.

Try and enjoy everything we hear from now on guys, or else you'll just be dissapointed and won't have fun.

Yes this song is weird and pop and not the offspring as we know them. So what? What would happen if The Offspring wrote a Black Eyed Peas song? THIS. Laugh at it and enjoy it.

Once again, if this song weren't so fun and catchy, I wouldn't like it at all.

the_real_potomek
04-30-2012, 11:41 AM
The more I listen to the song, the more I like it and the funnier it seems. I think it's a great material to make some really funny video. And it always cheers me up when I get a feeling that I listen to something the band had fun doing.
Plus this song goes so well with a sunny hot weather we have now in Warsaw:D

momo91
04-30-2012, 11:51 AM
I don't understand all negative comments.
It's clearly a funny experiment which won't ruin our beloved rock album.
And honestly I can't stop listening to it!

wrc307
04-30-2012, 12:08 PM
WTF, this song it's like... mmmm... let's say that I can imagine that will appear the next season in glee.

OffspringDude
04-30-2012, 12:09 PM
Everytime I come back to it - I smile!

Job done. :)

jsmak84
04-30-2012, 12:21 PM
I ate out with listening to 22 :D

_Way_Down_the_Line_
04-30-2012, 12:28 PM
Ok at first listen it's been said already, none of us liked it, except for the likers of diversity, everyone is saying that a great album should have some diversity, and for me it's pure bullsh3t.

I dont like the song, but there's always a song your not gonna like in the album, for example in the last one RAFRAG, who liked fix you? only few one us, and what did you think of it when your gave it the first "play"...

by the posts am reading from some of the users, it sounds like your disliking all of the offspring songs by now. Cool down amigos ! It's just ONE song !

Now the thing of been a single, I just don't get it. Now that is what I don't like there's gotta be other songs to choose :o

Ok, now I don't know it to listen to the song again, or just wait for the album to see if by magic or god the song changes like Days go by did ! XD

dexterone
04-30-2012, 12:31 PM
okay,this song is definitely much better than Days go by...I'm loving it...it's perfect...such an energetic summer song...it sounds to me like some songs off of Americana,Pretty Fly probably? but it's even better...

jsmak84
04-30-2012, 12:41 PM
listen to number 26

I want to jump

Slowly maybe maybe ..........

no no no no

maybe

:rolleyes: mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Bho

DMelges
04-30-2012, 12:47 PM
listen to number 26

I want to jump

Slowly maybe maybe ..........

no no no no

maybe

:rolleyes: mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Bho

dude seriously are you drunk or something ?

randman21
04-30-2012, 12:53 PM
I don't know where you guys are getting the idea that people are grumpy and buzzkills. The response in this thread has been overwhelmingly positive, to the point where I feel like I'm in a parallel universe or something. I mean, people shit on Fix You but love this? I'm truly baffled.

I wouldn't blame anyone for hating this song, but I don't think there's been nearly as much complaining as every other time a new album comes out. And I, for one, have not let this lower my expectations for the album.

TeddyBear_Army
04-30-2012, 12:54 PM
oh man... ive already listenes to it like 10 times and it just gets better. this song has a killer production. maybe bob rock got it right this time.

TeddyBear_Army
04-30-2012, 12:56 PM
BTW, i fucking love fix you too. i just love when bands dont give a shit and record whatever the fuck they feel like.

jsmak84
04-30-2012, 01:05 PM
no do not in any way the digest

Outerspaceman21
04-30-2012, 01:06 PM
It's a fun pop song. It's addicting, even for a joke song. I probably wont care much for it, since the overall feel of the rest of the album is probably gonna be serious rock (this assumption is based off of most of the serious titles on the album.)

Slmjm884
04-30-2012, 01:14 PM
Ehhhh...not really liking it tbh.

jsmak84
04-30-2012, 01:18 PM
fun fun fun FUN

XYlophonetreeZ
04-30-2012, 01:28 PM
So, um, guys...

I think this may be in the process of going viral. For all of the wrong reasons.

Look at the traffic in this thread. Add to that that I have already had 2 Facebook friends (who were not mutual friends) share this song, both describing it as "awful." And I think only one of those friends listens to the Offspring at all. That's pretty impressive given that it just hit the 'net last night, streaming on some obscure Australian website.

Rooster
04-30-2012, 01:45 PM
I don't know where you guys are getting the idea that people are grumpy and buzzkills. The response in this thread has been overwhelmingly positive, to the point where I feel like I'm in a parallel universe or something. I mean, people shit on Fix You but love this? I'm truly baffled.

I wouldn't blame anyone for hating this song, but I don't think there's been nearly as much complaining as every other time a new album comes out. And I, for one, have not let this lower my expectations for the album.

Well, I see what you mean. This song is deffinitely NOT something I'd expect or want from one of my favorite bands.

But it's not something that I'd completely hate either. It seems like a fun song, catchy enough not to skip when listening to the album. And it IS catchy as hell. If this is the low point of the album I'm okay with it. But if anything on the album goes beyond this then well... I might burn something.

I'm one of those who don't like Fix You. It's certainy less silly than this, but at the same time it doesn't have any substance in my opinion, it's just bland, a meh song for me. At least this is fun. It's not something I'd listen to because it would be great (it isn't), but in the context of the album it might just do the job of bringing diversity and lighten up the tone a bit. Didn't Dexter say this album would have a joke song or two, but would otherwise be rather dark and serious? Well, I bet this is one of those fun, light-hearted songs. I wouldn't worry about the rest of the album just because of this one sub-par song.

So in the end, I'm getting quite mixed feelings about this. It's deffinitely not the kind of music I listen to and I'm a bit disappointed. But at the same time the chorus is just so damn catchy that I can't get it out of my head.

Oh, and how come there's no accusations that The Offspring ripped off this song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98WtmW-lfeE) yet? :D

disclaimer_07
04-30-2012, 01:54 PM
Oh, and how come there's no accusations that The Offspring ripped off this song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98WtmW-lfeE) yet? :D
Man, to me it sounds more like California Gurls (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTVJTt-Gfx8). Especially the auto-tuned "California". :D

Rooster
04-30-2012, 01:58 PM
Dunno man, the part of "Teenage Dream" from 0:52 to 1:24 reminds me very much of the chorus in Cruising California :D

jsmak84
04-30-2012, 02:02 PM
I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

disclaimer_07
04-30-2012, 02:03 PM
Dunno man, the part of "Teenage Dream" from 0:52 to 1:24 reminds me very much of the chorus in Cruising California :D
Haha, yeah, now I kinda hear that.
Or could it just be that all three songs sound alike? :D

XYlophonetreeZ
04-30-2012, 02:05 PM
jsmak84 is my new favorite BBS member.

Rooster
04-30-2012, 02:08 PM
Could be :D

So, what do we know about the new album by now: they ripped off Foo Fighters, Rise Against and Katy Perry. This isn't going too well :D

Mucho Macho
04-30-2012, 02:11 PM
So (according to some Offspring followers) they already ripped off Foo Fighters, Rise Against AND Katy Perry (what makes it 3 out of 3). Let's see who's next...
Then about that song, I'm kinda disappointed it's not the mariachi song (and I strongly doubt there will be any mariachi played on this record). I was also hoping for some second Pretty Fly experience (it's my favourite fun song by far), I was expecting some Spanish, mariachi, but this is completely different, so I don't know... I had very high expectations for this record, but the only thing I really dig so far is The Future Is Now (as many others). The other 2 still have to grow on me I think, but then again they will never be in my personal top 50 of Offspring songs... And the only reason I give those songs the chance to grow on me is they're Offspring songs, simple as that. But I'm not the only one who thinks that way...
So instead of looking forward too much to the next record, I'd better start counting the days to see them live here in Brussels playing all Ignition songs. Got my ticket today (maybe first, I had mine at 10.09 CET, did anyone better? ) :) Some of you guys asked to make pro shots, well, if you want to send me some nice pro cameras, I just might record those videos for you :p

PunksKillEmos
04-30-2012, 02:11 PM

So, what do we know about the new album by now: they ripped off Foo Fighters, Rise Against and Katy Perry. This isn't going too well :D

Ahahahahahah

disclaimer_07
04-30-2012, 02:13 PM

LOL. Never thought The Offspring would make me listen to Katy Perry. :D

dff_punk
04-30-2012, 02:14 PM
Just one more thing came to my mind. I think the arrangements and effects do a fucking lot for the impressions people get from this song. If, for example, the arrangements were different, the female vocals would be replaced with Dexter's, the autotune would disappear, the distorted guitars would be a little louder, etc etc.. a lot of Offspring fans would literally worship the song(because it would sound more rock while still maintaining the catchiness, I would really like to hear the demo to this btw). The music is fun and catchy as hell anyway, the thing The Offspring always did well. It's just the modern coating of it that doesn't impress everyone.

PunksKillEmos
04-30-2012, 02:17 PM
Just one more thing came to my mind. I think the arrangements and effects do a fucking lot for the impressions people get from this song. If, for example, the arrangements were different, the female vocals would be replaced with Dexter's, the autotune would disappear, the distorted guitars would be a little louder, etc etc.. a lot of Offspring fans would literally worship the song(because it would sound more rock while still maintaining the catchiness, I would really like to hear the demo to this btw). The music is fun and catchy as hell anyway, the thing The Offspring always did well. It's just the modern coating of it that doesn't impress everyone.

Exactly, all of their previous joke songs maintained that awesomeness. Modern coatings are certainly not sugar coatings.

Lord_Gabo
04-30-2012, 02:17 PM
jsmak84 is my new favorite BBS member.

ahahah CA Li For Nia !!

XYlophonetreeZ
04-30-2012, 02:19 PM
ahahah CA Li For Nia !!

No, that's Dexter Holland. He's an OK BBS member, but he only has 19 posts so it's hard to judge. I was talking about jsmak84.

Lord_Gabo
04-30-2012, 02:24 PM
No, that's Dexter Holland. He's an OK BBS member, but he only has 19 posts so it's hard to judge. I was talking about jsmak84.

Yes I read the thread, and I know Jsmak84!!! :D

Britpunk
04-30-2012, 02:24 PM
Well I actually love this.

disclaimer_07
04-30-2012, 02:29 PM
What an awesome day.

Rooster
04-30-2012, 02:30 PM
LOL. Never thought The Offspring would make me listen to Katy Perry. :D

An image creeped into my brain. It's about me, in 50 years time, telling stories to my grandchildren. You know, about how it was when we were young and stuff:

"... and maan, we were wild, you hear me? Wild! When I was a bit older than you are now I was listening to the heavy, fast stuff. You know, punk and shit. And when I got a lil' bit older and started acting my age I heard this beautiful, classic tune. What was it called again? Cruising California (barfing in the back of my pickup truck) or something like that. Yeah, that was it! It was sung by a very-late-teens boy band, they were called The Offsprunk. I think they had a girl singer and maaan was she a fine young woman, oooh things I'd do to ave a piece of those chunky buttock-eeer excuse grandpa, kids, he gets carried away sometimes. Anyway, she was called Luke Perry, and soon she went off and had a really succesfull solo career. Hearing that song, Crucifying Chupacabras (slam dunk) made me check her other material, and she made some really classic albums I'm tellin' ya! Matthew Perry... I still remember her, oooh yes!"

:p

Free?
04-30-2012, 02:31 PM
[removed, so my post wouldn't misleadingly sound harsh]. It's obvious that the song is supposed to show dumb pop songs in all glory, I am fine with that. I just wish they did it with wit and more obvious sarcasm, but instead, what we have here isn't something any different from the same dumb pop song. Ripping on mainstream music is something they've been doing for a long time now and then, this time it's just less, uh, impressive?...

This is...amazing!!!!!! :D

Certainly catchy!!

The lyrics are OK but its the melody and the beat that what this song is about :cool:

You must be lovin' radio.

California Cruisin' would've been pretty sweet if it was written by drunk Noodles with some basic beat programming software within an hour, I would definitely prefer that to an actual album song.

jacknife737
04-30-2012, 02:35 PM
I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

I love you.

Supa
04-30-2012, 02:36 PM
Well, fucking hell. It's obvious that the song is supposed to show dumb pop songs in all glory, I am fine with that. I just wish they did it with wit and more obvious sarcasm, but instead, what we have here isn't something any different from the same dumb pop song. Ripping on mainstream music is something they've been doing for a long time now and then, this time it's just less, uh, impressive?.

I disagree, I think they made it blatantly obvious that this is a parody of...Top 40 radio as we know it today.

Degstur Lolland
04-30-2012, 02:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGJuMBdaqIw
I was thinking it's from Katy Perry's Fireworks, it's something like Oh! Oh! Oh! and Bum Bum Bum together.

Zee
04-30-2012, 02:43 PM
jsmak84 for president!

hshduppsnt
04-30-2012, 02:45 PM
I disagree, I think they made it blatantly obvious that this is a parody of...Top 40 radio as we know it today.

I'm with you on this one I think every line drips with sarcasm. But maybe that's because I want it to be there? haha

disclaimer_07
04-30-2012, 02:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGJuMBdaqIw
I was thinking it's from Katy Perry's Fireworks, it's something like Oh! Oh! Oh! and Bum Bum Bum together.
Now we'll be trying to figure out which Katy Perry song it sounds like. :D

Rooster
04-30-2012, 02:51 PM
Never in a million years would I have thought that The Offspring would become a gateway band for getting into Katy Perry... :D

Ristifer
04-30-2012, 02:52 PM
yeah i pretty much feel the same way
Oh, give me a break. Bob Rock had nothing to do with writing a silly song for radio. How is this NOT The Offspring? Do people not remember that they've done joke songs before? It's all in good fun. Apparently, you don't know who The Offspring are if you think they've never done this before. Come on now.

I'm just enjoying the hell out of this. We know the entire album won't be silly songs. I'm pretty sure the rest of the album will kick our asses.

Free?
04-30-2012, 02:53 PM

It's nearly an exact copy (nor worse or better) with an exception of that kabooze thing. There's plenty of stuff that is bad enough to be a parody of itself, but copying it doesn't make a [good] parody. Dexter could've been more creative with words, don't you think?

Knowing Dexter, I know that there's tongue in a cheek behind every word, and it helps, but man, switch the vocals to someone else's voice and you basically get that Rebecca Black song.

no_hero,no_saviour
04-30-2012, 02:56 PM
"I'm not a trendy arsehole, do what i want, do what i feel like."

Britpunk
04-30-2012, 03:01 PM
Why's everybody whingeing? This song is far superior to:
Why Don't You Get A Job
Original Prankster
Worst Hangover Ever
She's Got Issues
Spare Me The Details

I remember when PF leaked and everybody was like 'wah wah, Offspring iz changing wah its so unfair.'

That turned out alright, didn't it?

killboybowerhead
04-30-2012, 03:01 PM
This song should be a lesson to all to never ever get a band tattoo.

Oxygene
04-30-2012, 03:06 PM
Why's everybody whingeing? This song is far superior to:
Why Don't You Get A Job
Original Prankster
Worst Hangover Ever
She's Got Issues
Spare Me The Details

I remember when PF leaked and everybody was like 'wah wah, Offspring iz changing wah its so unfair.'

That turned out alright, didn't it?

Like...
U coming to Ignition show in London... we could relive the Garage Days :D

Britpunk
04-30-2012, 03:08 PM
Like...
U coming to Ignition show in London... we could relive the Garage Days :D

I hope to get tix for at least one of them. Haven't had an email yet though and official sale doesn't start until may 12. Are you doing both?

mrconeman
04-30-2012, 03:11 PM
This song should be a lesson to all to never ever get a band tattoo.

Hahaha. Well played.

sneedo83
04-30-2012, 03:14 PM
It's nearly an exact copy (nor worse or better) with an exception of that kabooze thing. There's plenty of stuff that is bad enough to be a parody of itself, but copying it doesn't make a [good] parody. Dexter could've been more creative with words, don't you think?

Knowing Dexter, I know that there's tongue in a cheek behind every word, and it helps, but man, switch the vocals to someone else's voice and you basically get that Rebecca Black song.

I think it is funny that none of you know what a caboose is.

Oxygene
04-30-2012, 03:15 PM
I hope to get tix for at least one of them. Haven't had an email yet though and official sale doesn't start until may 12. Are you doing both?

u stupid idiot... I'll send u the shit

Britpunk
04-30-2012, 03:16 PM
u stupid idiot... I'll send u the shit

Lol! I am a stupid idiot :)

RAFAyEL
04-30-2012, 03:22 PM
What the hell is this song?
Bob Rock: what you did with my favorite band?!?!

nevo
04-30-2012, 03:25 PM
Like it or not, it's damn catchy, and easily much more recognizable than Days go by. To the people who don't understand that the band does what they want with their music, just let it go. They do this to have fun, if every single album sounded like, say, ignition, I would've been bored with this band years ago, and I bet you a million bucks that so would they. This was the same reaction to "Hit that" back in 03.

Great job, guys, keep up the good work. :)

Oxygene
04-30-2012, 03:27 PM
Anyway,

On a serious note..

I will give everyone the benefit of the doubt, before I turn into the asshole everyone hates to hate...

You guys really need to regain your composure, and think this through. This song is obviously one that is very raido friendly and is the cliche "hit song formula" with the autotune and the whole "californ I A" feeling to it.. there is nothing wrong with it. Obviously it won't be our favorite deep song, and LLamas is tottally right, they shouldn't just do heavy shit that makes u want to slit your wrists. I am glad they did something upbeat, and more power to them... I would rather have this shit on the radio then any random R&B bitch whining.

I think it's shitty how people always lose it, when a band does something out of the box for them.. you guys need to come to your senses, not every song is written to please you. If anything this is evidence, that they still do whatever the FUCK they want to do, and that was something I always respected about them. Will this be my favorite track? No... I didn't care too much for Get a Job for a while, and somehow I really grew to love it. I don't think I'll like this song as much, although I am not sure yet.. when I first heard hit that (it was leaked to me by someone working with the band I think), I thought I had gotten some shitty demo, where the lyrics place was played with a synthesizer... hit that has since become one of my favorite tracks live. Will the same thing happen with this one? Probably not, but it's still a catchy ass happy go lucky song...

I am truly sorry, that the Offspring don't do what you want them to do, but the truth is, who gives a fuck...

you don't like it, fine. stop hating on it tho.. it's pathetic, and it makes you look like complete tools...

"if it offends you, just don't listen to it" what the fuck ever happened with that...? stop the bitching, it just makes you look silly.

Britpunk
04-30-2012, 03:30 PM
Anyway....

Well said :)

no_hero,no_saviour
04-30-2012, 03:31 PM
Is it bad that I've listened to this about 15 times in a row? I just can't believe that this isn't a parody, just listen to the lyrics!

Oxygene
04-30-2012, 03:32 PM
Is it bad that I've listened to this about 15 times in a row? I just can't believe that this isn't a parody, just listen to the lyrics!

Yeah it is, you are no longer punk rock you are shunned, turn in your mohawk on your way out please...

Free?
04-30-2012, 03:33 PM
I think it is funny that none of you know what a caboose is.

None of me doesn't indeed.

5 seconds later. Oh now I know.

RAFAyEL
04-30-2012, 03:33 PM
Bla bla bla...

Anyway,

On a serious note..

I will give everyone the benefit of the doubt, before I turn into the asshole everyone hates to hate...

You guys really need to regain your composure, and think this through. This song is obviously one that is very raido friendly and is the cliche "hit song formula" with the autotune and the whole "californ I A" feeling to it.. there is nothing wrong with it. Obviously it won't be our favorite deep song, and LLamas is tottally right, they shouldn't just do heavy shit that makes u want to slit your wrists. I am glad they did something upbeat, and more power to them... I would rather have this shit on the radio then any random R&B bitch whining.

I think it's shitty how people always lose it, when a band does something out of the box for them.. you guys need to come to your senses, not every song is written to please you. If anything this is evidence, that they still do whatever the FUCK they want to do, and that was something I always respected about them. Will this be my favorite track? No... I didn't care too much for Get a Job for a while, and somehow I really grew to love it. I don't think I'll like this song as much, although I am not sure yet.. when I first heard hit that (it was leaked to me by someone working with the band I think), I thought I had gotten some shitty demo, where the lyrics place was played with a synthesizer... hit that has since become one of my favorite tracks live. Will the same thing happen with this one? Probably not, but it's still a catchy ass happy go lucky song...

I am truly sorry, that the Offspring don't do what you want them to do, but the truth is, who gives a fuck...

you don't like it, fine. stop hating on it tho.. it's pathetic, and it makes you look like complete tools...

"if it offends you, just don't listen to it" what the fuck ever happened with that...? stop the bitching, it just makes you look silly.

Titus
04-30-2012, 03:35 PM
Oxygene is totally right

I heard it at work. I listened to it like 3 times and then stopped, Idn´t really like it. Then 10 minutes later it was stuck in my head, I had to listen to it again, so I put it back on and heard it from 2 pm to 6 pm, I loved it. It wont be my favorite, but I loved it anyway

killboybowerhead
04-30-2012, 03:36 PM
I admire you trying to polish this turd of a song.. definitely a hard task.
Im not questioning the sentiment of doing whatever the hell you feel like.. Im just confused on how four guys who have put out great music agreed that this song had any amount of quality to put it on a record. It blows dogs for quarters.

cool 2 hate 681
04-30-2012, 03:36 PM
i just saw it was posted on absutepunk http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2728852

RageAndLov
04-30-2012, 03:38 PM
What the fuck is this shit? Sounds like they are trying to create the next club hit.

danitanev
04-30-2012, 03:40 PM
Damn, I can't stop listening to this song - it's nice - full with positive energy - I wish I could come someday to Huntington beach CA, to see The Offspring, the beach and all these girls bumping their trunks :D - I love this song!

_Way_Down_the_Line_
04-30-2012, 03:41 PM
Ok am just waiting to see who's gonna make the poll to see how many of us like or not the song.

That way there's not gonna be more trolling around here in this thread..

Rooster
04-30-2012, 03:44 PM
I think now might be the right time to put up another snippet from the album, to restore the faith in it. Something faster, more rocking would do just fine.

It's ok, I don't hate this song, actually it's kinda fun, but when I think of The Offspring it's stuff like The Future is Now, Half-Truism, Have You Ever and The Kids Aren't Alright that I have in mind. Fast and melodic stuff, full of energy. The stuff that brought me into punk music in the first place. The Offspring were my gateway band to pretty much everything I listen to now, they got me into punk, they got me into grunge (first into Nirvana and from there to other grunge bands as well). So from this album we have heard one joke song (I assume), a mid-tempo mainstream rock song (a good one, I admit), and only ONE track that deifnes what many of us come to The Offspring for. I didn't count in Dirty Magic, because we already know the song, this will just be a re-recording of it, and we haven't heard it yet.

Perhaps choosing faster and more energetic songs first would be better. Somthing to give us some indicators of how the album really sounds like (if this was the case then probably people wouldn't mind this tune that much at all, and view it just as it is, a fun, have-a-good-time song). Unless the two released singles are indicators. In that case, I'm going to be severely disappointed :confused:

Titus
04-30-2012, 03:47 PM
I have been here since the forums was created and I have read some comments saying how nice would it be if they make a different song. I think all of us, at least once, wanted something different. I knew someday they would actualy do it, but I expect some metal song not a super pop song.
Still I'm happy with it.

Maybe...is this song the surprise Noodles commented once?

no_hero,no_saviour
04-30-2012, 03:51 PM

Maybe...is this song the surprise Noodles commented once?

Must be, i certainly wasn't expecting that!

dav0147
04-30-2012, 03:56 PM
Wonder if its anything to do with their contract with Columbia expiring after this album.

Lupin
04-30-2012, 03:58 PM
I must say the reaction too this song has been...nuclear. I'll bet it warranted at least 3 or more listens off most people.

I'm in shock to be honest, who, what...where am I??? :confused: There was no way i expected the song to be even remotely like this. I imagine it'll appeal to quiet a lot of people, so fair play. Personally i'm in the "The Future Is Now" camp.

_Way_Down_the_Line_
04-30-2012, 04:00 PM
Personally i'm in the "The Future Is Now" camp.

Where's the like button on this forum?