PDA

View Full Version : The advice thread experiment

Lord Phidias
04-30-2012, 11:26 AM
Well, it's finally here, let's give it a try. Based on this other thread (http://www.offspring.com/community/showthread.php?t=45867) I came to the resolution of finally launching this experiment, and see how long does it last, and how will people react to this.

So, this thread serves the purpose of being a "support group" (maybe) and if you feel bored, ill, mad, whatever, you can share it here and maybe someone will give his/her insight about whatever it is you share here.

This thread is conceived to discuss about issues or situations whenever people needs someone to lend ears (or eyes) and help each other to carry on.

So, please, feel free to post about anything that concerns you, give it a shot! :cool:

Jojan
04-30-2012, 11:53 AM
My left testicle is bigger than my right, and it is lower than the right one. Is that abnormal?

Lord Phidias
04-30-2012, 11:57 AM
My left testicle is bigger than my right, and it is lower than the right one. Is that abnormal?

http://health.msn.com/health-topics/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100198113

My Name Was Taken
04-30-2012, 02:31 PM
Not at all johan. My right boob is bigger than the other. But it's not very noticeable.

Tijs
04-30-2012, 02:58 PM
Not at all johan. My right boob is bigger than the other. But it's not very noticeable.Jojan might just have both of these problems.

My Name Was Taken
04-30-2012, 03:35 PM
Every freakin time I see your name :D

Back on topic: he might. Mister moobs :p

Lord Phidias
04-30-2012, 03:58 PM
I feel deeply sad... I don't know who to reach for this matter... but the guys of The Offspring have really hurt me with Cruising California... the song is awful, I just heard it 5 minutes ago, my face turned all serious, then I got mad, and now I'm deeply sad... how have you been able to cope with this? Because I don't know what to think or do. :eek:

Lord Phidias
04-30-2012, 03:59 PM
Not at all johan. My right boob is bigger than the other. But it's not very noticeable.

It's normal for women to have a bigger boob than the other, (usually it's the left one, you freak!) but read the article I linked on response to Jojan, it can be serious...

XYlophonetreeZ
04-30-2012, 04:21 PM
I feel deeply sad... I don't know who to reach for this matter... but the guys of The Offspring have really hurt me with Cruising California... the song is awful, I just heard it 5 minutes ago, my face turned all serious, then I got mad, and now I'm deeply sad... how have you been able to cope with this? Because I don't know what to think or do. :eek:

You just need to bump in your trunk. That cures all of your ills.

yarock
04-30-2012, 04:36 PM
At first listens, yes it's a terrible terrible song. But after 5-6 listens and if you still couldn't appreciate the song, I don't know. I'm even thinking this can be the best thing they put through in last decade. Maybe you can draw parallels between a highly comedic B-movie and Bumpin' in My Truck, but only I don't have any doubt that the latter will become one of the most famous 5 songs recorded by Offspring.

This is the only song I get after I type "bump" in my itunes search bar and that's just enough reason for me to adore it.

Jojan
04-30-2012, 04:54 PM

Jojan might just have both of these problems.

Tijs might be right. Send me some images of yours, Taken, so that I can compare.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
04-30-2012, 05:07 PM
First page in, it's already becoming a not-as-serious-as-LordPhidias-would-like thread. I still think an actual group would be better.

My Name Was Taken
04-30-2012, 09:47 PM
I couldn't even listen all the way through the first time. I almost cried. But now it's starting to grow on me... I was even singing it on my walk tonight

My Name Was Taken
04-30-2012, 09:52 PM
Tijs might be right. Send me some images of yours, Taken, so that I can compare.

You rejected me on MSN like a year ago. So Noh :p

Isolated Fury
05-01-2012, 06:10 AM
This thread is fucking gold.

Oh, on topic:

1. Testicles are lopsided to help with the cooling and sperm production. The varying sizes should be something to address, assuming it's a serious claim.
2. Everyone - literally everyone - knows that boobs are different sizes.
3. Take it to GOD, fags.

Sidewinder
05-01-2012, 06:12 AM
I like lots of bad music :(. How to fix?:confused:

My Name Was Taken
05-01-2012, 06:29 AM
It doesn't matter if it's bad if YOU like it. lol. I listen to a very WIDE variety of music. From Blood on the Dance Floor to 10 years, Dixie Chicks to Exsision, Eminem to I am Ghost...I'm listening to The Black Eyed Peas right now. lol. And trust me: BOTDF SUCKS. I like it though... so fuck other people and their ideas of "good" music.

Degstur Lolland
05-01-2012, 10:04 AM
Jojan might just have both of these problems.
Oh my fucking lol. :D

Lord Phidias
05-01-2012, 01:13 PM
First page in, it's already becoming a not-as-serious-as-LordPhidias-would-like thread. I still think an actual group would be better.

Nah, Baldwin is right:

This is the shittiest idea since wishomie's BBS pimp club. And since questioning your masculinity hasn't shamed you into shutting up about it, I'm going to explain why it's such an irredeemable abortion of an idea.

Firstly, general-purpose support groups are a shitty concept and don't work, because the drama-whores will devolve it into a pissing contest of who's got the worst life. Ever noticed how there's no such thing as "dying of a deadly disease support group"? No, they need to get ridiculously specific, and have separate spleen cancer support groups and stomach cancer support groups. Is it because there's a fundamental difference in the emotional baggage that comes with dying of spleen cancer, as opposed to dying of stomach cancer? No, it's because starting a nonspecific "Support Group" is paving a road to endless, eternal war. A war waged not with good old fashioned guns and bayonets, but with passive-aggressive comments and bad acting. A war that accomplishes nothing, and isn't even fun to watch.

Secondly, this is almost literally the worst place for a support group. There are worse places, I suppose (the Congo, perhaps), but unless you're from the Congo you could find a better place to whine about your feelings by literally just walking out your front door and talking to the first random person you see walking their dog. Aside from the trolling issue, any group you make is guaranteed to be dominated by two or three habitual attention-whores, with infrequent and tepid participation from anybody else. Basically you'll have a circle-jerk of less than a half-dozen people, and as any afficiondo of circle-jerking can tell you, it takes at least eight people to get a properly formed circle. Just type whatever your issues are into google, add "support" and your general location (not the Congo) and you'll find some sort of forum, or social group, or website, dedicated exactly to what you need. I guarantee it. I haven't googled "raped by a clown + support group + luxembourg" but I'm 99% positive that one exists, and is thriving.

Thirdly, as I said before, admitting you have problems is weak and womanly. Harden the fuck up and learn to cope with your crippling inadequacies in silence, like a real man.

It wouldn't work, so it's ok, I'm actually liking where is this thread going, it was an experiment :)

And yeah, maybe a group would be nice, but I don't feel like taking the lead there... maybe some other time.

Baldwin
05-07-2012, 09:39 AM
I know I was cynical about the idea before, but now I genuinely need advice.

As some of you might know, I've been having a lot of financial difficulties lately. About a month ago I decided to rob and murder my elderly landlady. She was a horrible, greedy old bitch, and everybody hated her, so I figured I wasn't really doing anything that wrong. I spent about a week preparing and planning the murder. I distracted her with a gift-wrapped wooden block, and while she was trying to untie the ribbon I killed her with a hatchet, which I had concealed under my coat. She never saw it coming. Unfortunately, I was interrupted by her simple, but good-natured sister. I panicked and killed her too. It was horrible.

I ended up giving all the money away to the family of a passing acquaintance. It made me sick to look at it. I can't deal with the guilt and shame of it all. The police finished their investigation saying there are no suspects, but the lead detective knows that I did it. He keeps making excuses to visit me and drop hints. My sister, who I love more than anyone in the world, would be appalled if she knew what I've done. What should I do?

killer_queen
05-07-2012, 09:58 AM

As some of you might know, I've been having a lot of financial difficulties lately. About a month ago I decided to rob and murder my elderly landlady. She was a horrible, greedy old bitch, and everybody hated her, so I figured I wasn't really doing anything that wrong. I spent about a week preparing and planning the murder. I distracted her with a gift-wrapped wooden block, and while she was trying to untie the ribbon I killed her with a hatchet, which I had concealed under my coat. She never saw it coming. Unfortunately, I was interrupted by her simple, but good-natured sister. I panicked and killed her too. It was horrible.

I ended up giving all the money away to the family of a passing acquaintance. It made me sick to look at it. I can't deal with the guilt and shame of it all. The police finished their investigation saying there are no suspects, but the lead detective knows that I did it. He keeps making excuses to visit me and drop hints. My sister, who I love more than anyone in the world, would be appalled if she knew what I've done. What should I do?
Try to refine your taste in literature and stop reading overrated classics. A man who enjoys modern literature is a rare find these days.

Free?
05-07-2012, 10:19 AM

Just don't let your beloved one convince yourself to confess your crime to that detective or you might end up in a really cold place.

Jojan
05-07-2012, 01:45 PM
You rejected me on MSN like a year ago. So Noh :p

I have no memory of that. Hence, it did not happen.

TheJakes84
05-10-2012, 08:10 PM
Random Facts of my Life style:

- Born and raised in Los Angeles, California.

- Is crushing on Dexta and Sameer.

- I'm a girl but the folks on here thinks am a dude.

- I don't do drugs nor smoke pot and or Hookas etc.

- Clubs are lame. But I shall drink anytime with a good buddy of mines in a Bar.

- Why don't you get a job? Own and Degree and take a Vacation. :rolleyes:

- Making fun of religion/religious people are boring as fuck.

- Chillin' here is cool and kickin' in it old skool.

- I love every one of yall.

- Believe in peace and happiness.

- Trust no troll and fear no troll.

- Down to party with Satan because is the shit. :cool:

- Knowledge is power and so is Bumpin' in my Trunk! :D

Isolated Fury
05-10-2012, 08:15 PM
You're either mentally fucking retarded or intoxicated to an extended degree. You make me not like you.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
05-10-2012, 08:58 PM
- Making fun of religion/religious people are boring as fuck.

- Down to party with Satan because is the shit. :cool:

A month ago:

i believe in god in jesus christ name that we will be reunited again. my mother meant the world to me and i love my father/family.

What?

TheJakes84
05-10-2012, 09:01 PM
You're either mentally fucking retarded or intoxicated to an extended degree. You make me not like you.

Lol, atleast you can me laugh though. :rolleyes:

TheJakes84
05-10-2012, 09:02 PM
A month ago:

What?

i don't know how to cope with my grief.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
05-10-2012, 09:07 PM
That much is apparent.

TheJakes84
05-10-2012, 09:15 PM
That much is apparent.

Well, in my case I won't commit suicide.

Lord Phidias
05-10-2012, 10:15 PM

There is an experimental support group here, you should give it a try (lol, I love to advertise my lame thread).

EDIT--

Omg, I am retarded, this is the thread... O_o

TheJakes84
05-11-2012, 12:21 AM
There is an experimental support group here, you should give it a try (lol, I love to advertise my lame thread).

EDIT--

No, sir you're not a retard. :cool:

I'm a retarded-crazy-anarchy kid. :rolleyes:

Need all the help that your thread can provide me with :o.

Llamas
05-11-2012, 07:01 AM

Hahaha well done.

I'm wondering if Jakes is a reincarnation of iPunk/maria/whatever. Seems just as crazy, and with a lack of coherence. Doesn't seem to understand people's posts and is unable to detect sarcasm, as well.

Also reminds me a lot of yellow...

Isolated Fury
05-11-2012, 07:15 AM
Hahaha well done.

I'm wondering if Jakes is a reincarnation of iPunk/maria/whatever. Seems just as crazy, and with a lack of coherence. Doesn't seem to understand people's posts and is unable to detect sarcasm, as well.

What's an iPunk? This is between my time here, I think.

And Jake has better grammar/spelling/wordmakingness than yellow.

Llamas
05-11-2012, 07:28 AM

Yeah it's not yellow. It's iPunk. iPunk is just a really dumb, unfunny troll who posts bullshit and randomness and incoherence all over the board. And has made quite a few accounts after being banned each time, keeps trying to reincarnate itself with a different persona. I think most of the time, iPunk has been a girl... but I think there's been a few times that it was a guy? I'm not sure. It's also supposedly like 24 years old...

Lord Phidias
05-11-2012, 09:03 AM
Yeah, I started this thread a half hour before I started drinking last night.

Probably the best response so far. I'll touch each subject lightly. I can't really diet. Granted, I've never tried, but I have a hard time telling when I'm hungry to begin with. I think putting a regimen in there would be a little pointless. A lot of people would probably disagree since it's a set time to eat a set food in a set amount, but I probably can't do it. I can't really maximize downtime and minimize stressful situations. I work six days a week. I go home to my daughter in need (we're working on potty training). Every Wednesday evening I get to see my lovely ex that fucked me over, cheated on me, and left me with a fuck-ton of burden. Thursday through Sunday, I sit around wondering what my daughter's doing and counting down the minutes until I get to see her again. No downtime. I legally can't escape the ex-stress. And I don't really drink all that much. One beer a week. Maybe.

I've bitten my nails off since I was four years old. I tried stopping. It's harder than you'd think. So I can't really use that as a stress scale.

There is way too much there to hone in on any one single thing. I could say yes to almost all of those. Then again, I feel like anyone can say yes to a lot of them.

http://www.offspring.com/community/showthread.php?t=45988

Andy is calling for help from the board, so I'm addressing his issues with stress to the right place, the advice thread experiment, or lame support group... please, share your thoughts. :cool:

EDIT-

I swear I'm not trolling, just want to see how my thread develops.

Alison
05-11-2012, 10:07 AM
Why do all these iPunk/yellow/whoever people seem to come from LA?

Do they have different education laws there?

coke_a_holic
05-11-2012, 10:24 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/walter_mak___/l34e527ef0000_1_8245.jpg

TheJakes84
05-12-2012, 04:11 AM
Hahaha well done.

Ummmm, no she/he isn't.

iPunk is a brand.

My grammar is high school shit.

Yeah it's not yellow. It's iPunk. iPunk is just a really dumb, unfunny troll who posts bullshit and randomness and incoherence all over the board. And has made quite a few accounts after being banned each time, keeps trying to reincarnate itself with a different persona. I think most of the time, iPunk has been a girl... but I think there's been a few times that it was a guy? I'm not sure. It's also supposedly like 24 years old...

Yellow and I were cool friends as first but I broke up the friendship on here due to fucking shady drama.

Why do all these iPunk/yellow/whoever people seem to come from LA?

Do they have different education laws there?

I was born and raised in Los Andgeles, California, folky.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
05-12-2012, 05:41 PM
Yellow seems like a much more respectable person for me now. TheJakes really annoys me (no offense intended Ms. Jake, but you'll probably take offense).

My grammar is high school shit.

You are kidding, right? I'm in Junior High (grade 9). My grammar is slightly worse than an intelligent grade 10 student, and way worse than an intelligent grade 12 student. I'd say that I have better grammar than you, and worse grammar than a high school student. I know I get high grades and finish at the top of my class and all, but you should have better grammar than me if you have graduated high school (which I assume you have). I wouldn't give you a hard time if you were from a non-English speaking country. You're from LA, which coincidentally can also stand for "Language Arts", the Canadian (and maybe American) name for "English" class from grades 1-9.

TheJakes84
05-13-2012, 06:34 AM
Yellow seems like a much more respectable person for me now. TheJakes really annoys me (no offense intended Ms. Jake, but you'll probably take offense).

You are kidding, right? I'm in Junior High (grade 9). My grammar is slightly worse than an intelligent grade 10 student, and way worse than an intelligent grade 12 student. I'd say that I have better grammar than you, and worse grammar than a high school student. I know I get high grades and finish at the top of my class and all, but you should have better grammar than me if you have graduated high school (which I assume you have). I wouldn't give you a hard time if you were from a non-English speaking country. You're from LA, which coincidentally can also stand for "Language Arts", the Canadian (and maybe American) name for "English" class from grades 1-9.

That's like an insult to my intelligence. I know I'm not the brightiest light bulb in all of my classes but my grammar is my originality.

Am I supposed to be impressed by you're intelligent grammar, eh?

So what, if you think you are way better than me.

College or a University I can't qualified to study and earn a decent Ph.D.

I can work hard 'cause it pays off, earning that extra income feels great!

disclaimer_07
05-13-2012, 07:45 AM
That's like an insult to my intelligence. I know I'm not the brightiest light bulb in all of my classes but my grammar is my originality.

College or a University I can't qualified to study and earn a decent Ph.D.

I can work hard 'cause it pays off, earning that extra income feels great!

You make this place less boring. :D

Llamas
05-13-2012, 08:22 AM
I think the difference is that yellow is an actual weirdo poster, while thejakes/ipunk is giant troll. Sometimes I think yellow is trolling, but really I think it's just how she is. But ipunk has been around for ages and just tries to be annoying.

Huh, 9th grade in the US is high school... when do you start high school in Canada? And how many years is it?

Bud, your grammar is better than a lot of high schoolers. Just by reading your posts (and seeing your grammar), it seems clear that you're a good student. I wouldn't say your grammar is worse than a high school student at all. It might not be as good as a college-bound 12th grader, but you're better than the average.

iPunk has said in the past that she is 23 or so. Now she's saying that bad grammar is "original"... nope. It's not. It's just like the majority of uneducated Americans. "College or a University I can't qualified to study and earn a decent Ph.D." Hmm... sometimes I just legitimately think she's not actually American. A lot of her grammar mistakes sound like the mistakes a foreigner would make. I didn't get a PhD (don't plan on it, either... I have a bachelor's degree, and often consider going back to do my master's) and my grammar is pretty darn good. ;)

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
05-13-2012, 02:51 PM

I didn't ask you to be impressed. I just didn't want you comparing yourself to people who are better educated than myself, while I use correct grammar/spelling/punctuation far more often than you. I didn't say I was "way" better than you. I do believe my writing is at least slightly better than yours.

Huh, 9th grade in the US is high school... when do you start high school in Canada? And how many years is it?

Elementary School: kindergarten, grades 1-6
Junior High: grades 7-9
High School: grades 10-12
This actually really differs from town to town. I have some cousins in Northern Alberta who start high school in grade 9. Most of the schools in my town and surrounding area go by what I highlighted in bold.

Bud, your grammar is better than a lot of high schoolers. Just by reading your posts (and seeing your grammar), it seems clear that you're a good student. I wouldn't say your grammar is worse than a high school student at all. It might not be as good as a college-bound 12th grader, but you're better than the average.

I guess I'm enrolled in an above average school with really high expectations, and this fall I will be enrolled in one of the best high schools in the province (one of the best for the public and Catholic school systems, I really don't know anything about private schools). My use of grammar is worse than a lot of the "high-schoolers" I know.

Little_Miss_1565
05-13-2012, 03:20 PM
I think the difference is that yellow is an actual weirdo poster, while thejakes/ipunk is giant troll. Sometimes I think yellow is trolling, but really I think it's just how she is. But ipunk has been around for ages and just tries to be annoying.

Correction: iPunk is a real girl and not a troll.

Lord Phidias
05-14-2012, 09:26 AM
Mi grammar es bueno.

-EDIT-

You guys are discussing about grammar here because... you would like to improve it? Because if you do, your discussion would actually fit in this thread...

Use me threads propperly!

Llamas
05-14-2012, 01:41 PM

Really?? Damn. Now I'm just sad.

TheJakes84
05-14-2012, 11:42 PM
You make this place less boring. :D

Lol, eventhough I am a Lame-O. :cool:

TheJakes84
05-14-2012, 11:45 PM

Unfortunately, I am a girl and God made me perfect.

TheJakes84
05-14-2012, 11:55 PM

iPunk has said in the past that she is 23 or so. Now she's saying that bad grammar is "original"... nope. It's not. It's just like the majority of uneducated Americans. "College or a University I can't qualified to study and earn a decent Ph.D." Hmm... sometimes I just legitimately think she's not actually American. A lot of her grammar mistakes sound like the mistakes a foreigner would make. I didn't get a PhD (don't plan on it, either... I have a bachelor's degree, and often consider going back to do my master's) and my grammar is pretty darn good. ;)

Ditto.

I didn't ask you to be impressed. I just didn't want you comparing yourself to people who are better educated than myself, while I use correct grammar/spelling/punctuation far more often than you. I didn't say I was "way" better than you. I do believe my writing is at least slightly better than yours.

Elementary School: kindergarten, grades 1-6
Junior High: grades 7-9
High School: grades 10-12
This actually really differs from town to town. I have some cousins in Northern Alberta who start high school in grade 9. Most of the schools in my town and surrounding area go by what I highlighted in bold.

I guess I'm enrolled in an above average school with really high expectations, and this fall I will be enrolled in one of the best high schools in the province (one of the best for the public and Catholic school systems, I really don't know anything about private schools). My use of grammar is worse than a lot of the "high-schoolers" I know.

Fair enough.

TheJakes84
05-14-2012, 11:57 PM
Really?? Damn. Now I'm just sad.

Why do you have to compare me with yellow?

Lord Phidias
05-15-2012, 11:35 AM
Ditto.

Fair enough.

Lol, eventhough I am a Lame-O. :cool:

Why do you have to compare me with yellow?

Could you stop flooding my fucking thread with useless shit? Go rant/troll/spam somewhere else.

Little_Miss_1565
05-15-2012, 12:07 PM
You want people to use your thread, then berate them for doing it wrong and not knowing how to use the multi-quote? Let me know how that works out for you.

XYlophonetreeZ
05-15-2012, 01:42 PM
I love this thread's tags. That's pretty much the only redeeming thing about this thread, though.

Llamas
05-15-2012, 04:06 PM
Could you stop flooding my fucking thread with useless shit? Go rant/troll/spam somewhere else.

First of all, you've been posting in other people's threads to tell people to post here (just as rude), and second of all, this thread would've been on page two ages ago if not for your persistence and the spam.

I love this thread's tags. That's pretty much the only redeeming thing about this thread, though.

Hahaha I just checked them. Wonderful.

Lord Phidias
05-15-2012, 11:04 PM
You want people to use your thread, then berate them for doing it wrong and not knowing how to use the multi-quote? Let me know how that works out for you.

Why is everything always so damn serious in here? If I was complaining for real, I would write several profile messages to the "transgressors", as I did with you closing my other thread, or make a long post about it, I say a lot of things when I'm upset... and why would you ask me to let you know about how it works for me? How what works for me? I don't understand what you are saying here, but I get your condescending tone and your sense of "huh, this guy...", which is really uncalled for. Once again, I am not doing or saying anything to you, yet you come and moderate my opinions... btw, if you're moderating, you are very biased, if you're just posting as a regular user, you seem to unlike me, which is a shame...

First of all, you've been posting in other people's threads to tell people to post here (just as rude), and second of all, this thread would've been on page two ages ago if not for your persistence and the spam.

Excuse me for my lack of internet "etiquette", I didn't know that joking/semi-trolling on other threads about this stupid thread would be as rude as you say...

I know that my advertising and the spam is keeping it alive, it is so amusing to me, it entertains myself, and it's an experiment, other things in this forum bore me or don't draw my attention... I don't know why you are telling me this, but ok.

-EDIT-

I exaggerated and didn't pay too much attention when I read these things... I feel weird today, even though it was actually a good day... whatever, moderatrix, lamas, my biggest respect to you guys. Peace out.

TheJakes84
05-15-2012, 11:34 PM

Geezus. Ok, I will stop posting. :o

Lord Phidias
05-16-2012, 09:08 AM
Oh no, I've been ill tempered lately... sorry, iPunk, my sincere apologies.

Little_Miss_1565
05-16-2012, 09:16 AM
You take a very negative attitude when anyone does anything counter to what you want, which doesn't make anyone feel inclined to be nice to you. There are certain behaviors I don't tolerate on the forum, and bullying people who are genuinely trying to participate in a discussion, whether or not they know how to use multi-quote or even the English language, is not okay.

If you want people to be nice to you, be nice to them. It's that simple.

Lord Phidias
05-16-2012, 09:39 AM
You take a very negative attitude when anyone does anything counter to what you want, which doesn't make anyone feel inclined to be nice to you. There are certain behaviors I don't tolerate on the forum, and bullying people who are genuinely trying to participate in a discussion, whether or not they know how to use multi-quote or even the English language, is not okay.

If you want people to be nice to you, be nice to them. It's that simple.

Ok, sorry, I already apologized, but I wasn't bullying... I was never mocking or harsh to anybody.

Little_Miss_1565
05-16-2012, 09:55 AM
You were harsh, actually, but whatever.

Lord Phidias
05-16-2012, 10:13 AM
...genuinely trying to participate in a discussion...

Ditto.
---
Fair enough.

is that your definition of genuinely trying to participate in a discussion? Coming from someone who has acknowledged to be a troll?

You were harsh, actually, but whatever.

Saying "shit" about random comments and saying "fucking" about my thread does not seem to me as insulting anybody.

And I apologized because it could be interpreted like it... I feel that I should start caring less about your opinions and conceptions...

Just don't victimize people, you always put me as the villain of the story.

Little_Miss_1565
05-16-2012, 10:43 AM
I'm not victimizing anyone. I'm pointing out where you're wrong, and you're getting super defensive. Not my problem.

iPunk isn't a troll. She has...a unique grasp of the English language. It's just who she is.

Lord Phidias
05-16-2012, 11:33 AM
I'm not victimizing anyone. I'm pointing out where you're wrong, and you're getting super defensive. Not my problem.

iPunk isn't a troll. She has...a unique grasp of the English language. It's just who she is.

Ok ok ok ok... from other threads and previous posts I understood she was a troll... maybe she isn't.

And yes, I think I am being super defensive, guess I'm trying too hard trying to have a conversation with you so I can convince you I am not a bad person.

I'll stop here.

-EDIT-

lol, we are indirectly using this thread properly, if you think about it.

Llamas
05-16-2012, 11:37 AM
I don't think the attitude toward iPunk is undeserved, honestly. Whether or not she's a troll, she's not nice and she's obnoxious. I don't care if she doesn't know how to use the multi-quote button, but she does plenty of things that are rude and obnoxious.

Lord Phidias
05-16-2012, 11:42 AM
I don't think the attitude toward iPunk is undeserved, honestly. Whether or not she's a troll, she's not nice and she's obnoxious. I don't care if she doesn't know how to use the multi-quote button, but she does plenty of things that are rude and obnoxious.

You may be right about that, but in my case, I really have no reason to show attitude to iPunk, she has never been rude to me, that's why I apologized.

You're cool btw.

-EDIT-

Dammit, I'm so bored, keep pressing the stupid refresh button on this thread and others... I became that guy... O_o

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
05-16-2012, 09:21 PM
Unfortunately, I am a girl and God made me perfect.
Nice out-look on life. :)

Why is everything always so damn serious in here? If I was complaining for real, I would write several profile messages to the "transgressors", as I did with you closing my other thread, or make a long post about it, I say a lot of things when I'm upset... and why would you ask me to let you know about how it works for me? How what works for me? I don't understand what you are saying here, but I get your condescending tone and your sense of "huh, this guy...", which is really uncalled for. Once again, I am not doing or saying anything to you, yet you come and moderate my opinions... btw, if you're moderating, you are very biased, if you're just posting as a regular user, you seem to unlike me, which is a shame...

Excuse me for my lack of internet "etiquette", I didn't know that joking/semi-trolling on other threads about this stupid thread would be as rude as you say...

I know that my advertising and the spam is keeping it alive, it is so amusing to me, it entertains myself, and it's an experiment, other things in this forum bore me or don't draw my attention... I don't know why you are telling me this, but ok.

-EDIT-

I exaggerated and didn't pay too much attention when I read these things... I feel weird today, even though it was actually a good day... whatever, moderatrix, lamas, my biggest respect to you guys. Peace out.

You're right!

Lord Phidias
05-16-2012, 09:59 PM
You're right!

I was talking about the ammount of things, not that I just say stuff just because.

Baldwin
05-20-2012, 02:50 PM
So, now that this thread finally looks like dying, was it everything you hoped it would be?

You were told it would be a resounding failure, and you chose to make it anyway. Claiming it entertains you is clearly false, since you've all but ruptured your uterus in your pissy little attempts to force people to participate in the manner you want them to participate. Disclaiming it with "it's just an experiment" doesn't pass muster in this case, unless the 'experiment' was seeing how much of an annoying asshole you could be before people told you to shut the fuck up. Even then it's a pretty redundant experiment, since your past hissyfits have answered that question half a dozen times already.

So I guess my question is, are you going to invent some sort of unconvincing conclusion to your grand experiment and post your "findings" to try to convince us that you succeeded all along in discovering whatever the fuck you'll insist you were trying to discover, or are you going to admit that it was an ill-conceived mistake on your part, apologise to the good people of the forum for wasting their time, and bury this stillborn fucking abomination of a thread before you make yourself look even worse?

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
05-20-2012, 05:05 PM
So, now that this thread finally looks like dying, was it everything you hoped it would be?

You were told it would be a resounding failure, and you chose to make it anyway. Claiming it entertains you is clearly false, since you've all but ruptured your uterus in your pissy little attempts to force people to participate in the manner you want them to participate. Disclaiming it with "it's just an experiment" doesn't pass muster in this case, unless the 'experiment' was seeing how much of an annoying asshole you could be before people told you to shut the fuck up. Even then it's a pretty redundant experiment, since your past hissyfits have answered that question half a dozen times already.

So I guess my question is, are you going to invent some sort of unconvincing conclusion to your grand experiment and post your "findings" to try to convince us that you succeeded all along in discovering whatever the fuck you'll insist you were trying to discover, or are you going to admit that it was an ill-conceived mistake on your part, apologise to the good people of the forum for wasting their time, and bury this stillborn fucking abomination of a thread before you make yourself look even worse?
Harsh. Making threads is a risky thing. It's easy to get ridiculed. I agree that this is a pretty crappy place to come for advice, but still, at least he tried.

Lord Phidias
05-21-2012, 09:59 AM

I didn't hope anything, it was just an experiment, I really wanted to see if people would man (or woman) up and share something, It seemed, at least based on my perception, that there were some people kinda having a bad time and maybe this site would help those people feel some sympathy or whatever from the users. I also came up with this because when I think about my motivation of posting here, I can never get to a conclusion, but I always get this sense of belonging and entertainment, I don't know how to say it, but it's nice, even if sometimes I get mocked and ridiculed. Can you tell me what is your motivation to come and post on this BBS? I don't believe it is because you're a troll and you like to be an asshole just because you can, because if it is the reason, you're definitely not the person you portray.

Are you telling me I should lose my individuality and do as people tell me to do? Everyone posts about what they want, why shouldn't I do the same? There are threads with 2 replies, or even none... that doesn't make the threads less legitimate, if you understand what I'm saying. And yes, it was an experiment, just like any other thread. About the annoying asshole, that is for you to judge and decide, but it really doesn't mean anything, because I know who I am and which are my intentions, there are people who get it and people who judge, like you. I never thought that my attempts of making people participate correctly would be taken seriously, I was actually hoping to be insulted, to contribute to the good fun, but alas I was ignored, until the moderatrix and you pointed out, cause anybody else seemed to have a problem with it.

To answer your question, no, I won't conclude anything, there was no hypothesis in this "experiment", I don't see the mistake, and if you are telling me I'm making people waste their time, well... then we are all wasting our time on this bbs. :)

Llamas
05-21-2012, 02:40 PM
I really wanted to see if people would man (or woman) up and share something, It seemed, at least based on my perception, that there were some people kinda having a bad time and maybe this site would help those people feel some sympathy or whatever from the users.
People have been asking for advice here for years. It's totally normal, and there's no "manning up" involved. It makes no sense, however to make a thread for advice. It's awkward, it's forced... and if multiple people post asking for advice, it instantly becomes a mess of unrelated posts. People make a new thread when they really need advice. It's simple.

I also came up with this because when I think about my motivation of posting here, I can never get to a conclusion, but I always get this sense of belonging and entertainment, I don't know how to say it, but it's nice, even if sometimes I get mocked and ridiculed. Can you tell me what is your motivation to come and post on this BBS?
You're strangely hung up on motivation to come here. I think most people come here out of boredom and procrastination. That's pretty much my motivation.

Are you telling me I should lose my individuality and do as people tell me to do? Everyone posts about what they want, why shouldn't I do the same? There are threads with 2 replies, or even none... that doesn't make the threads less legitimate, if you understand what I'm saying.
Horrible comparison. Those other threads weren't made after asking people if the thread should be made and having people tell them reasons why it shouldn't be made... and after they were made, the posters didn't beg people to post in the thread.

And yes, it was an experiment, just like any other thread. About the annoying asshole, that is for you to judge and decide, but it really doesn't mean anything, because I know who I am and which are my intentions, there are people who get it and people who judge, like you. I never thought that my attempts of making people participate correctly would be taken seriously, I was actually hoping to be insulted, to contribute to the good fun, but alas I was ignored, until the moderatrix and you pointed out, cause anybody else seemed to have a problem with it.
My god, you are far too whiny. If you know Baldwin likes making fun of people and getting a rise out of them, why on earth do you reply to him with such detail and emotion?

Lord Phidias
05-21-2012, 06:01 PM
...My god, you are far too whiny. If you know Baldwin likes making fun of people and getting a rise out of them, why on earth do you reply to him with such detail and emotion?

Everything you posted before what I quote is true, so no comment on that, but well, maybe you think I'm too whiny because that's how you interpret my speech, but I am relaxed whilst replying to the things he said, I actually like this dude Baldwin, I do not intend to shut him up at all, on the contrary, but I can't help myself but to express what I think about the things he addresses to me, and I reply with such detail and emotion because this is how I am, I overthink stuff and I like to analyze things and reply to people, maybe it's annoying but, this is the purpose of the BBS, to argue and debate about things, and I thought the boredom and procrastination was understood, but you can entertain yourself in any other site, the reason people posts here is because of the same interest we all share, which is The Offspring, of course, but why taking the likes for their music further? And with strangers on the internet? There can be many reasons, but I tell you the truth when I say I'm not sure about which are mine.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
05-21-2012, 06:16 PM
this is the purpose of the BBS, to argue and debate about things
I disagree. In order for me to hold this position, we must not argue about it. :)

Lord Phidias
05-21-2012, 06:29 PM
I disagree. In order for me to hold this position, we must not argue about it. :)

Oh, yes, I didn't mean to argue argue, I meant to debate and exchange ideas and points of view, but not negatively. :cool:

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
05-21-2012, 06:41 PM
Oh, yes, I didn't mean to argue argue, I meant to debate and exchange ideas and points of view, but not negatively. :cool:
Fair enough. I was just being difficult.