PDA

View Full Version : Something that needs to be brought to everyone's attention (GOD Link of the Day)

XYlophonetreeZ
04-30-2012, 01:31 PM
Yes, GOD links are returning. Only this time it's not someone swearing in horribly broken English, kicking some kid's ass because they don't like the Offspring, or pointing out how to spell the latest drummer's name backwards.

Nope. It's the Offspring's actual new Australian single. Cruising California (Bumpin' in My Trunk) (http://offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45884)

Since a lot of older members frequent GC, and since many people here have long since stopped listening to the Offspring, I thought this thread was necessary. I mean it sincerely when I say that everyone should listen to this, including and especially those who don't listen to the band anymore.

Please keep the forum guidelines in mind when you reply. That being said, I am fully embracing the ridiculousness of this song and kind of hope it goes viral. I laughed for about 5 minutes upon hearing this song.

In the unlikely event that this doesn't do it for you and you want the old type of GOD Link of the Day back, just read any post by jsmak84.

Edit: Fuck it, here's a direct youtube link, but I had to link to the thread in order for it to technically qualify as a GOD link: Cruising California (Bumpin' in My Trunk) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZPsiD8gti8). I really hope this brings some old members out of the woodwork.

yarock
04-30-2012, 01:38 PM
I actually thought of posting a sound clip featuring my reaction while listening to it. It could have been priceless or maybe cheesy just like the song.

As I remember, I bursted hard when Dexter goes "Oi, oi, let's go!" and after 40 seconds when the female part came in.

Al Coholic
04-30-2012, 05:18 PM
I stopped listening when CO1 came out.

Ignition RULZ!!!!

yarock
04-30-2012, 05:37 PM
Then you missed When You're in Prison, probaby the greatest song ever written about suggestive buttsecks.

About Bumpin'..., there was a point I kinda hoped it's a parody, not an actual song we'll see on the album but.. that is a one great effort. Dexter rappin' and those "Californiaaaa" howls in the background..

Llamas
04-30-2012, 05:52 PM
I really hope this brings some old members out of the woodwork.

I miss RickyCrack.

Original Prankster vs. Cruisin' California.

XYlophonetreeZ
04-30-2012, 05:53 PM
Original Prankster vs. Cruisin' California.
Ice Ice Baby

Ice Ice Baby vs. Ice Ice Baby?

Llamas
04-30-2012, 05:56 PM
Ice Ice Baby

Ice Ice Baby vs. Ice Ice Baby?

Original Prankster.

Original Prankster vs. Original Prankster?

Sidewinder
05-01-2012, 02:45 AM
:( :( :( :(

will2k
05-02-2012, 03:00 AM
The song is actually along the lines of what the Offspring should have done about ten years ago: embraced the fact they make pop music and just gone for it. This song does that, save for the Ramones reference with the vocal intro.

Isolated Fury
05-02-2012, 05:38 AM
Did we... Did we just get a black guy?

Little_Miss_1565
05-02-2012, 09:47 AM
Randman is black, too. Please don't make it awkward.

Will2k, that is a good point that no one has made in GOD yet, and I salute you for it.

Isolated Fury
05-02-2012, 12:49 PM
Or we could assume that I was being racist and make it even more awkward.

More diversity = Better conversations

Llamas
05-02-2012, 01:13 PM
We needed someone to replace Ricky. Randman can't be our only expert on rap, basketball, and fried chicken!

Tijs
05-02-2012, 01:19 PM
Isn't that just somebody with Will Smith as an avatar?

And isn't Will Smith The Offspring of rap?

Llamas
05-02-2012, 01:21 PM

And isn't Will Smith The Offspring of rap?

Heh, I really like Will Smith's "Lost and Found" album. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMOHYkS2Zww
Even though he's so awkward and out of place in that video, hahaha.

Tijs
05-02-2012, 01:23 PM
I'll be bumpin' that song in my trunk later today.

And DJ Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince Of Bell Air forever holds it's own section in my music collection. Seriously, I got most of their CD's. Because they made music when CD's were still around.

Little_Miss_1565
05-02-2012, 02:23 PM
Or we could assume that I was being racist and make it even more awkward.

You're right, specifically calling out someone with 2 posts and underlining the overwhelming whiteness of this forum isn't awkward in the least...

XYlophonetreeZ
05-02-2012, 06:09 PM

I'm so glad someone finally pointed this out. A Will Smith avatar does not a black guy make. I mean, it could actually be Will Smith, but I would assume that he's far too busy saving the world from zombies/aliens/robots, being a model husband and dad, and cruising Bel-Air (bumpin' in his trunk).

Llamas
05-02-2012, 06:14 PM
You guys are wrong. It's obviously Will Smith, and he came here to share his opinion on the new Offspring song. His fame doesn't get in his way, though. He's not afraid of people knowing who he is, and he flaunts that shit.

...I wonder if part of why he's here is cause he wants to do a collaboration with the Offspring? That would be... AWESOME.

Little_Miss_1565
05-02-2012, 06:19 PM
Good lord I need new glasses.

will2k
05-03-2012, 03:00 AM
This thread.

Isolated Fury
05-03-2012, 05:06 AM

Wait one fucking second...

XYlophonetreeZ
05-03-2012, 08:26 AM

Wait one fucking second...
Oh shit who was that mofo again?

My gut tells me ninth, RickyCrack, or break_y0_self.

Yep, I still call him break_y0_self.

Little_Miss_1565
05-03-2012, 08:35 AM
This thread.

no more hope etc etcc

T-6005
05-03-2012, 09:23 AM
Yes. To all the other stuff.

But despite people scrambling to defend it - as if the world wasn't insane enough already - the song is still absolutely awful.

Degstur Lolland
05-03-2012, 12:06 PM
And you still repeat how awful it is, whoring it even further. The more you suffer, the more it shows you really care. :D

Llamas
05-03-2012, 01:41 PM
Oh shit who was that mofo again?

My gut tells me ninth, RickyCrack, or break_y0_self.

Yep, I still call him break_y0_self.

Both ninth and rickycrack had that as their location, I'm pretty sure. I alerted RC about this thread, so I'd lean toward him...

T-6005
05-03-2012, 10:48 PM
And you still repeat how awful it is, whoring it even further. The more you suffer, the more it shows you really care. :D

You're right. My complaints have directly led to the proliferation of its awfulness. They can't help but do so in a thread dedicated to the song.

WebDudette
05-03-2012, 11:33 PM
Huh, who knew? Will Smith was actually RickyCrack and ninth this whole time. He always seemed like such a nice guy in movies and interviews, but I guess you gotta have an outlet.

Little_Miss_1565
05-04-2012, 06:34 AM
Huh, who knew? Will Smith was actually RickyCrack and ninth this whole time. He always seemed like such a nice guy in movies and interviews, but I guess you gotta have an outlet.

It's a relief to know that they saved their funniest material for the forums.

Llamas
05-04-2012, 06:54 AM
It's a relief to know that they saved their funniest material for the forums.

I wonder what he/they felt about all the Fresh Prince jokes here over the years.