PDA

View Full Version : Where is the Rock?!

Cebola
04-30-2012, 03:02 PM
Dear Dexter, Noodles, Greg

I'm an old fan, and after listen to Days Go By and Cruising California Bumpin In My Truck decide to not buy the new CD, and also have one important request for you, stop listen the fucking pop radio and should you listen more Ramones, Clash, Pistols, Vibrators, Ac/Dc, Beatles, Rolling Stones, Nirvana, ... , please rescue the Rock!!!

GamerKT
04-30-2012, 03:08 PM

I'm an old fan, and after listen to Days Go By and Cruising California Bumpin In My Truck decide to not buy the new CD, and also have one important request for you, stop listen the fucking pop radio and should you listen more Ramones, Clash, Pistols, Vibrators, Ac/Dc, Beatles, Rolling Stones, Nirvana, ... , please rescue the Rock!!!

http://www.pleasekillyourself.com/

Oxygene
04-30-2012, 03:10 PM

I am no elitist, but claiming to be an age old fan with 1 post makes you look like a joke...

XYlophonetreeZ
04-30-2012, 03:16 PM
I realize that they just released possibly the most ridiculous song of all time and must be expecting some backlash, but this topic is still older than dirt. Stop crying. Your precious little punk heroes aren't going to keep releasing Ignition over and over again.

Titus
04-30-2012, 03:18 PM
They release Ignition II and people will complain that they are not creative anymore... I just dont get it

Little_Miss_1565
04-30-2012, 03:21 PM

You've heard two songs off the record. I think it's a little early to make any proclamations about the album.

Stop crying. Your precious little punk heroes aren't going to keep releasing Ignition over and over again.

Yep.

The Search Button
04-30-2012, 03:22 PM

Why should I support Rock when most of those bands are spending the money on blow, women and alcohol.

I'll buy this album just because Dexter needs fuel to his jet.

KHWHD
04-30-2012, 03:36 PM
They release Ignition II and people will complain that they are not creative anymore... I just dont get it

I concur. :rolleyes:

hshduppsnt
04-30-2012, 03:41 PM
Dear the band,

thank you for trying new things. don't listen to these people.

regards.
everyone else.

edit: anyway that was an ass thing for me to do but the point is they have to do new things to keep themselves interested. I imagine if they had released the same album so many times they'd have already quit by now. You want ignition or smash? go listen to ignition or smash.

meanwhile, Dexter even said this album was fairly dark. The entire rest of the album might be the most "rock" thing you've ever heard. Why not just wait and see?

Lupin
04-30-2012, 03:42 PM
I'll buy this album just because Dexter needs fuel to his jet.

Fuck Yeah!!

XYlophonetreeZ
04-30-2012, 03:55 PM
He should figure out how to fuel it with Gringo Bandito.

Degstur Lolland
04-30-2012, 04:03 PM
Bob Rock is bumpin' our trunks.

Rooster
04-30-2012, 04:19 PM
Bob Rock is bumpin' our trunks.

I know that his production on Raf,Rag wasn't very good, but come on, is it neccessary to take such... Em, drastic measures? Oh well, what's done is done. I hope you brought a spade along...

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
04-30-2012, 04:47 PM
I am in full support of either that or Smash Volume II.

I wouldn't be upset if it sounded the same.
I wouldn't "not care" if it sounded the same.
I would LOVE if it sounded the same.
I love the sound.

I would get tired if they released all their albums sounding the same, but I'm ready for Ignition II.

hshduppsnt
04-30-2012, 04:49 PM

I love the sound.

I would get tired if they released all their albums sounding the same, but I'm ready for Ignition II.

here's the thing, you have to imagine from their point of view they're enjoying themselves mixing it up more.

second, they both just admitted on kroq ignition could've been a lot better. you may not like Days Go By for example but musically they've definitely improved in a lot of respects (same with last album).

Finally, even if they change a lot I'm sure each album from here on out even if different will have a few "Smash"-like tracks to hold you over. So if you think about it if there are five albums that have two classic tracks on them each vs. releasing one more smash and getting bored and quitting, you are getting the same thing plus they're experimenting which musically at least in my opinion is more exciting.

cool 2 hate 681
04-30-2012, 04:50 PM

I love the sound.

it would be nice if that happened but i don't think it ever will

offspring make the music they want to make

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
04-30-2012, 04:54 PM
I guess I should have specified that I don't expect that to happen. I just wish it would. It's like how I'd like to be able to fly or pause time, but I'm doubtful it'll happen.

hshduppsnt
04-30-2012, 04:59 PM
fair enough haha

Degstur Lolland
04-30-2012, 05:12 PM
I know that his production on Raf,Rag wasn't very good, but come on, is it neccessary to take such... Em, drastic measures? Oh well, what's done is done. I hope you brought a spade along...
I'm just kiddin' in my trunk. Ahaa!

Titus
04-30-2012, 05:29 PM
meanwhile, Dexter even said this album was fairly dark. The entire rest of the album might be the most "rock" thing you've ever heard. Why not just wait and see?

Yeah. I l didnīt like any of the two songs we got at first. Now I loved them both. I do have HIGH expectation on this album and I am pretty sure we wont get disappointed.

Llamas
04-30-2012, 06:00 PM
I am no elitist, but claiming to be an age old fan with 1 post makes you look like a joke...

While I think the creation of this thread is really stupid and the guy is whining crybaby, you can be a die-hard longtime fan of something and just not really use the internet... Hell, there are plenty of things I like more than the Offspring, but I've never posted on forums for them.

manux
04-30-2012, 07:22 PM
Well I must agree with him, where the fuck is the rock?

I'm not asking for another Smash but seriously days go by is a really boring song, what the hell is meant to be? a tribute song to the foo fighters? Not the Offspring style at all, at least if the song was good but is just another pop rock song to forget.

And well Cruising California... I'm still shocked after listening to that song.

Pretty Fly was a commercial hit but still had Offspring style but wtf is this shit?

Yeah well maybe we are not fanatics and we have heard 2 really boring songs you guys must think are masterpieces, burn us:eek:

brothadave79
04-30-2012, 07:31 PM
Found him

http://cdn.chud.com/a/ac/acb30a0b_Rock-The-Wrestler-pics20283229.jpeg

/thread

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
04-30-2012, 08:04 PM
I've had a much larger appreciation for Days Go By in the past few hours.

Moose
04-30-2012, 08:14 PM
Found him

/thread

this made me laugh

oh and noodles said this is the most rocking album they have done in a really long time...

...im going to say that probably isnt true....but there are 10 songs to go...well after dirty magic...9.

cool 2 hate 681
04-30-2012, 08:27 PM
oh and noodles said this is the most rocking album they have done in a really long time..

and dexter said he thinks this is the best album they have ever done

he also said that about rafrag

RonWelty
04-30-2012, 08:31 PM
and dexter said he thinks this is the best album they have ever done

he also said that about rafrag

He says that every time. If you ask him about the 10th album they will release in 5 or 6 years when they will try Jazz and Reggae, he will still say that it will be the best album ever.

cool 2 hate 681
04-30-2012, 08:35 PM
He says that every time. If you ask him about the 10th album they will release in 5 or 6 years when they will try Jazz and Reggae, he will still say that it will be the best album ever.

i read a interview with greg k in 2008 and they asked him do you agree with dexter that rise and fall rage and grace is your best album?

and he said no i think smash is our best album

manux
04-30-2012, 08:40 PM
Their best album will always be the newest album and each release will have a promised "back to the old style". More rock songs than ever etc.

Meanwhile cruising california hits the radios:eek:

Camilamazed
04-30-2012, 08:42 PM

And that is very constructive, Oxy. Good Job!:p

nightvision
04-30-2012, 11:19 PM
Found him

/thread

Guys, please... Dave found him alright? Thread's over.

samseby
04-30-2012, 11:31 PM

Agreed ... ;)

Oxygene
05-01-2012, 12:24 AM

I think pointing out such irony-like things advances our species as a whole.. ask George Carlin

Oxygene
05-01-2012, 12:32 AM
While I think the creation of this thread is really stupid and the guy is whining crybaby, you can be a die-hard longtime fan of something and just not really use the internet... Hell, there are plenty of things I like more than the Offspring, but I've never posted on forums for them.

Yeah, and when that happens it is your conscious choice to open with "I am such a die hard fan", and if you do that you look like a tool.. you don't have come out swinging, you can just say what you need to say.

I didn't say he isn't a long time die-hard fan, I said he looks like a fucking idiot for posting he is the diehardestest fan evar in his very first post. I didn't say he's an idiot for every having posted before, I said he's an idiot for how he is opening

Oxygene
05-01-2012, 12:34 AM
Agreed ... ;)

You guys do need a whole lot of "special attention" to understand this shit...

Dexter_italy
05-01-2012, 12:46 AM
there's only one thing people wanna see more than the rock...............the answer is.... Boobs! ahah

Greekoldfan
05-01-2012, 12:56 AM

I don;t agree.I liked his production more than Brendan's splinter..

Rooster
05-01-2012, 01:36 AM
I don;t agree.I liked his production more than Brendan's splinter..

You see, I think of Dave Jerden as a perfect producer for The Offspring. Just remember how powerful the albums he produced sounded (Americana for example), and then compare them to RaF, Rag.

Krojd
05-01-2012, 01:38 AM
True, Dave Jerden was the best they ever had, period.

RonWelty
05-01-2012, 03:01 AM
i read a interview with greg k in 2008 and they asked him do you agree with dexter that rise and fall rage and grace is your best album?

and he said no i think smash is our best album

more respect to the man.

Llamas
05-01-2012, 03:57 AM

Yeah, and when that happens it is your conscious choice to open with "I am such a die hard fan", and if you do that you look like a tool.. you don't have come out swinging, you can just say what you need to say.

I didn't say he isn't a long time die-hard fan, I said he looks like a fucking idiot for posting he is the diehardestest fan evar in his very first post. I didn't say he's an idiot for every having posted before, I said he's an idiot for how he is opening

What the hell, man? Massive overreaction much? He can't be an old fan of the band and not be an idiot? He didn't call himself a die-hard fan, let alone the "diehardestest fan evar"... I see nothing wrong with declaring yourself an "old fan" of the band"... your comment about him being an old fan yet this being his first post is entirely invalid.

Rooster
05-01-2012, 04:15 AM
What the hell, man? Massive overreaction much? He can't be an old fan of the band and not be an idiot? He didn't call himself a die-hard fan, let alone the "diehardestest fan evar"... I see nothing wrong with declaring yourself an "old fan" of the band"... your comment about him being an old fan yet this being his first post is entirely invalid.

Backing llamas in this one. I'm to scared for my own life not to back her. Being in the same country as I am, she would have no problems unleashing her llamasy powers upon me, so I'd rather stay in her good books.

No but seriously, I agree with the part about overreacting.

Cebola
05-01-2012, 04:16 AM
This topic was not about Ignition or Smash, I don't expect they doing that great album again and again, but when I listen "days go by" it looks too much like 80s The Cult and The Cure and "cruising california" more like Back Eyed Peas, after RAFRG with too much pop songs, I just thinking that the direction of this new album is the worst one...

Foo Fighters [2011] Wasting Light is o good rock album, and Green Day done creative things like [2008] Foxboro Hot Tubs-Stop Drop and Rol, also new bands are doing a good rock job like The Jet [2003] Get Born [2009] Shaka Rock; Airbourne [2007] Runnin' Wild [2010] No Guts,No Glory; The Hives [2007] The Black and White Album

The problem is when they release Smash, Ixnay, Americana, Conspiracy, Splinter this albums was what a listen all the time that years, but with RAFRG it don't happens, and again is probably that I'll have to search rock in other bands... I hope that Bob Rock is the bad influence.

keonii7
05-01-2012, 04:52 AM
During the radio interview before they played Days Go Buy, Dexter said he had to add this song in later because the album was too serious.

Maybe Cruisin California's sole purpose is to balence out an entire album full of hardcore rock.

Rooster
05-01-2012, 04:58 AM
During the radio interview before they played Days Go Buy, Dexter said he had to add this song in later because the album was too serious.

Maybe Cruisin California's sole purpose is to balence out an entire album full of hardcore rock.

That's what I was thinking too. That's why I keep saying that in the context of the album I might like this song more. It's fun, worth a few chuckles even if it's not an obvious joke song, but I don't think it's great. Songs like this one are not why I listen to The Offspring. But it's not like it made me hate them all of a sudden. Not when they are capable of doing songs like The Future Is Now.

keonii7
05-01-2012, 05:01 AM
Songs like this one are not why I listen to The Offspring. But it's not like it made me hate them all of a sudden. Not when they are capable of doing songs like The Future Is Now.

Word. If this album has, say, two really awesome songs, I'm in.

Microwave Jellyfish
05-01-2012, 05:05 AM

I'd love that :cool:

RonWelty
05-01-2012, 05:05 AM
I think no one here hates them. Just hate the song. I can't understand why some folks can't see that.

Everybody commits mistakes. Even Dexter.

Oxygene
05-01-2012, 05:28 AM

You seeing nothing wrong with a pissing contest doesn't change the fact that people who partake in them are fucktards.

That's just the nature of how the world works.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
05-01-2012, 11:01 AM
I really hope you're right.

samseby
05-01-2012, 02:18 PM
http://static.igossip.com/photos/gossipgander_dwayne_johnson_82533_picture19m.jpg
Edit:
As a measure of precaution: ;)

TheJakes84
05-01-2012, 05:20 PM
Found him

/thread

**YELS iT OUT FOR YA** CAN YOU SMELL WHAT THE ROCK iS COOKiN'?! :rolleyes: For that one guy/thread opener lol **bumpin' it in my trunk**

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
05-01-2012, 05:26 PM
Found him

I didn't get that until now. I didn't realize you were responding to the thread title. Thanks for the chuckle.