PDA

View Full Version : The Surprise of New Album

LIGHTING ROD
05-01-2012, 03:35 AM
I won't believe that the surprise that Noodles said is the change of style of Cruising California...... :( I want to hope that there is a better Surprise!!!!

Gregmau5
05-01-2012, 03:42 AM
Yeah...a lot of us were disappointed in that song...but look on the bright side. In two months we will have a new album. So, just forget about Cruisin' California and move on.

Dexter_italy
05-01-2012, 03:44 AM
Another thread? come on.... where's the lock? enough with whining threads...

the_real_potomek
05-01-2012, 04:15 AM
Come on, didn't you get enough of great surprises already? Two promoting singles instead of just one, another tour, Ignition shows, there are going to be two music videos as well... and there's more awesomeness to come. I really think there's no reason to complain, quite the opposite actually. I'm sure the new album will be cool.

LIGHTING ROD
05-01-2012, 05:46 AM
I can stand the mistake of Cruising California... but the other songs should be similar to The Future is Now and Days Go By!!!

Degstur Lolland
05-01-2012, 06:30 AM
In my analysis, it's either Dirty Magic or Cruising California. Both very shocking.

Camilamazed
05-01-2012, 06:47 AM
No complaining is tolerated on these boards. Only fans friends with the band have the right to complain or praise their work.

Dexter_italy
05-01-2012, 06:58 AM
No complaining is tolerated on these boards. Only fans friends with the band have the right to complain or praise their work.

It's not that way, it's the way people react. Many are doing such a big story about this all come on! it's a song. there are people who will always defend the band and others who don't but that's different from bashing the band, I think there's difference on saying " I don't like this song, it's awful" from "I don't respect them anymore, they are done, they are not cool, they betrayed me, I can't say to my friends I like them or they'll mock me.." these are pathetic answers in my opinion. then again, everyone is free to post them as anyone is free to answer

Camilamazed
05-01-2012, 07:04 AM
It's not that way, it's the way people react. Many are doing such a big story about this all come on! it's a song. there are people who will always defend the band and others who don't but that's different from bashing the band, I think there's difference on saying " I don't like this song, it's awful" from "I don't respect them anymore, they are done, they are not cool, they betrayed me, I can't say to my friends I like them or they'll mock me.." these are pathetic answers in my opinion. then again, everyone is free to post them as anyone is free to answer

I agree, but one of the reasons I stopping posting here as much as I used to is that complaining about the band now is kind of prohibited and it annoys those who are really close to the band.

Dexter_italy
05-01-2012, 07:08 AM
I agree, but one of the reasons I stopping posting here as much as I used to is that complaining about the band now is kind of prohibited and it annoys those who are really close to the band.

well that happens everywhere I think. but if it's your opinion who cares for the others, this board is a way to have feedback from fans, so it's right to say everything, but there are different ways to say things.

Lord_Gabo
05-01-2012, 07:09 AM
Well .. I Like The Offspring not because they're punk, rock, pop or dance..
I Like The Offspring simply because they're The Offspring.

joshgenis
05-01-2012, 07:49 AM
anyone else think that maybe they released this song to just mess with us? and some of us are stupid enough to take it serious or think that the rest of the album will be similar?

Moose
05-01-2012, 08:04 AM
anyone else think that maybe they released this song to just mess with us? and some of us are stupid enough to take it serious or think that the rest of the album will be similar?

no...probably not.

i think it would be somewhat amusing as a hidden track...or maybe like the 8th track of an album after a bunch of hard rock songs...like a hardy har har fuck you guys...and it would be somewhat amusing actually...

but releasing it as a single doesn't come across as FUCK YOU pop world...i mean...maybe thats their intention...the song is obviously cliche in terms of the sounds they use and the structure and all that...but the joke is lost once you release it this way...because now the intent of the song seems to be the intent to sell...not to make fun of the pop world or be ironic or any other way you wanna twist it.

it just seems like they are going to say to their fans...its a joke guys...while anyone who doesnt know any better that is 12 years old (or just people who listen to pop stations) will buy the single on itunes or the album...while they continue to tell us, its just a joke, relax...but it sells a shitload, which seems to be the true intent.

it just seems like a fine line...and i think they are trying to walk it...and i dont appreciate it i guess...

its like...i know what you are doing...you want to sell records, which is fine...but it just seems like, you think we are stupid...you wrote this...tell us its a joke...but hope everyone else loves the single and buys it on itunes, but you wont tell them they are stupid for loving this ironic joke pop song that plays on the people who are actually buying it...i dont appreciate it.

Dexter_italy
05-01-2012, 08:11 AM
its like...i know what you are doing...you want to sell records, which is fine...but it just seems like, you think we are stupid...you wrote this...tell us its a joke...but hope everyone else loves the single and buys it on itunes, but you wont tell them they are stupid for loving this ironic joke pop song that plays on the people who are actually buying it...i dont appreciate it.

this is really what happened with pretty fly... a song mocking trends became trend... except there was no Itunes

Degstur Lolland
05-01-2012, 09:41 AM
Well, so far you haven't been deleted so it's allowed.

Little_Miss_1565
05-01-2012, 09:49 AM

Camila, FFS. Dexter_italy is right. The complaining is totally allowed and always has been. The problem comes when people just bitch and moan and insult the band, like the first post in this thread. It has fuck-all to do with those of us who know the band. It's about the general level of respect for the band personally (or rather, the lack thereof) that shit like this displays on the band's own website. It's been established that not only do the band members themselves read this forum, so do journalists and others doing research for interviews. It's like a big red flag that says HEY, WORLD! THE OFFSPRING'S FANS ARE BRATS WHO DEMAND UNGODLY AMOUNTS OF SHIT FROM THEIR SUPPOSED FAVORITE BAND!

Dexter_italy
05-01-2012, 09:53 AM
right, Miss, a big example is one of the last articles which said the offspring fans were hoping the song was a joke but it was listed on the tracklist. They obviously read it here around not understanding and knowing what an offspring joke-song is. but those are retarded journalists...

LIGHTING ROD
05-01-2012, 10:07 AM
Well .. I Like The Offspring not because they're punk, rock, pop or dance..
I Like The Offspring simply because they're The Offspring.

you're right!!....I stand this song.....and i hope for the other song!!!! I want the OFFSPRING'S punk!!!!!

Llamas
05-01-2012, 10:33 AM
you're right!!....I stand this song.....and i hope for the other song!!!! I want the OFFSPRING'S punk!!!!!

Really? I, on the other hand, want the Offspring spunk.

Little_Miss_1565
05-01-2012, 10:37 AM

*vomits onto keyboard*

Llamas
05-01-2012, 11:10 AM
*tee hee*

Anyone else hoping that all the attention over the new single will bring DexterisMYman back?? ;)

Little_Miss_1565
05-01-2012, 11:15 AM
Anyone else hoping that all the attention over the new single will bring DexterisMYman back?? ;)

Is she the one who wrote the man-boobs poem? If so, hateu.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
05-01-2012, 11:19 AM
Wwell, I'm sitting beside some retui8qwdedh dzfsvggtrnrfgu5ti583t5i3t85i3kfr4y687fr43iftr4783i ftr3jyufrt3jufr3tyjufr3tujfr367f3f7r3j

Llamas
05-01-2012, 11:46 AM
Is she the one who wrote the man-boobs poem? If so, hateu.
;) ;)

Wwell, I'm sitting beside some retui8qwdedh dzfsvggtrnrfgu5ti583t5i3t85i3kfr4y687fr43iftr4783i ftr3jyufrt3jufr3tyjufr3tujfr367f3f7r3j
Ummm... what?

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
05-01-2012, 03:52 PM

Ummm... what?

Sorry, I started to type "Well, I'm sitting beside some retard who thinks California Cruising is the best song The Offspring ever wrote". He saw me typing it and didn't appreciate what I had to say. He proceeded to rape my keyboard and click "Submit Reply". I started a new post to thoughtfully explain it and as I was finishing up he shut down my computer. At this point I was really running low on time and I had barely enough to start up my computer again and reply. He knew I was going to have to go, so while my computer was loading he told me to come with him. I told him to go ahead without me. He desperately didn't want me to fix it so he clicked the power button once again. I had to leave after that. That's what sucks about being 15; you have to deal with immature easily angered red head brats with no friends.

Long story short, someone screwed up my post.

I thought about breaking his nose but then decided against it.

Llamas
05-01-2012, 04:07 PM
That's what sucks about being 15; you have to deal with immature easily angered red head brats with no friends.

Lolz. This is a friend of yours? Time to find new friends ;) ;)

Camilamazed
05-01-2012, 04:33 PM
well that happens everywhere I think. but if it's your opinion who cares for the others, this board is a way to have feedback from fans, so it's right to say everything, but there are different ways to say things.

Exactly, there are different ways and they have to be respected no matter what. Respectful or not it's a damn opinion. If it involves the work of the band it has to be accepted. At some point people will chill out.

Camila, FFS. Dexter_italy is right. The complaining is totally allowed and always has been. The problem comes when people just bitch and moan and insult the band, like the first post in this thread. It has fuck-all to do with those of us who know the band. It's about the general level of respect for the band personally (or rather, the lack thereof) that shit like this displays on the band's own website. It's been established that not only do the band members themselves read this forum, so do journalists and others doing research for interviews. It's like a big red flag that says HEY, WORLD! THE OFFSPRING'S FANS ARE BRATS WHO DEMAND UNGODLY AMOUNTS OF SHIT FROM THEIR SUPPOSED FAVORITE BAND!

Yes, my point exactly. Bullshit has always been accepted around here; what I don't understand is why now the elitists start bashing people that come here complain? I really did not see a reason for Oxygene to act like an idiot and attack me for a RESPECTFUL COMMENT. Just go and see it for yourself, Sarah.

Oh, the band reads the forum? They know how to deal with useful and useless information.

Journalists read it too? GOOD. They will see that the band accepts all types of criticism be they good or idiotic.

What has to stop is this crap that we all have to respect when it comes to their work. A lot of people that made a scene are fans, not just somebody coming here to piss super fans off. If they cared enough to feel the way they did it means that the band is important to them. Is it really hard to see? I don't think so.

Little_Miss_1565
05-01-2012, 04:40 PM
Oh, the band reads the forum? They know how to deal with useful and useless information.

Journalists read it too? GOOD. They will see that the band accepts all types of criticism be they good or idiotic.

What has to stop is this crap that we all have to respect when it comes to their work. A lot of people that made a scene are fans, not just somebody coming here to piss super fans off. If they cared enough to feel the way they did it means that the band is important to them. Is it really hard to see? I don't think so.

I saw it and I've spoken to Oxy about it.

If you want to defend the ridiculous shit people have been spouting since Cruising California came out, that's fine. But it doesn't make it suddenly okay for people to bash the band just because having a strong reaction to a song means they really care about the band. That's like saying if my boyfriend hits me, it means he really loves me.

Camilamazed
05-01-2012, 04:48 PM
I saw it and I've spoken to Oxy about it.

If you want to defend the ridiculous shit people have been spouting since Cruising California came out, that's fine. But it doesn't make it suddenly okay for people to bash the band just because having a strong reaction to a song means they really care about the band. That's like saying if my boyfriend hits me, it means he really loves me.

I understand Sarah, and I am one of those who complained about this type of bashing before. What saddens me is the sudden overreaction to all of it. This has happened before. And if it's not okay to bash the band so it should not be okay to bash the crazy fans. Talk to them privately and everybody will be happy, including super fans.

PS: Some girls like to be hit, right? Hahaha... I know I know...

sneedo83
05-01-2012, 04:49 PM
my boyfriend hits me.

Wow he hits you? omg.

Little_Miss_1565
05-01-2012, 05:04 PM
IAnd if it's not okay to bash the band so it should not be okay to bash the crazy fans. Talk to them privately and everybody will be happy, including super fans.

I agree, and I already told you I talked to him.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
05-01-2012, 05:19 PM
Lolz. This is a friend of yours? Time to find new friends ;) ;)
Friend:
1. a person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard
3. a person who is on good terms with another; a person who is not hostile
(Courtesy of dictionary.com)

Although I do allow many of my friends to take advantage of me from time to time, I would not consider this individual a friend. He's more of a stalker.

my boyfriend hits me

Wow he hits you? omg.
This is news to me too :D

Rafa88offspring
05-02-2012, 07:48 AM
What's the surprise?

The latest Offspring album will be Weird Al Yankovic's best album and biggest prank, so far it includes Foo Fighters, Rise Against and Katy Perry parodies. It'll probably include some resemblance of an Offspring parody too, it's gonna be amazing.

(I AM joking pissy fans. I actually like "Days Go By" and "Cruising California". I'm saying this cause I know some will be mad at this )

RonWelty
05-02-2012, 08:10 AM
What's the surprise?

The latest Offspring album will be Weird Al Yankovic's best album and biggest prank, so far it includes Foo Fighters, Rise Against and Katy Perry parodies. It'll probably include some resemblance of an Offspring parody too, it's gonna be amazing.

IT was really the funniest comment in this thread,

Alien Invader
06-02-2012, 04:34 AM

Maybe she just wants a secret family with them.