PDA

View Full Version : Days go By videoclip

RonWelty
05-01-2012, 05:39 AM
photos - http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150788268302287.429498.5952252286&type=3

Directed by Lex Halaby (the same one from KAYDO?)

More information soon.

manux
05-01-2012, 09:08 AM
Dressed as the Foo Fighters:eek:

Titus
05-01-2012, 09:20 AM
I just hope the video clip is not about they playing during the 4 minutes of the song

Dexter_italy
05-01-2012, 09:21 AM
I just hope the video clip is not about they playing during the 4 minutes of the song

I remember people complaining they were not enough on the videos...so now it's the opposite. it's hard to satisfy everyone.

Little_Miss_1565
05-01-2012, 09:32 AM
LOL. Seriously! If they weren't in the video, it'd be WHY AREN'T THEY IN THE VIDEO?

What else are they going to do other than play? Isn't that what they always do?

Dexter_italy
05-01-2012, 09:35 AM
LOL. Seriously! If they weren't in the video, it'd be WHY AREN'T THEY IN THE VIDEO?

What else are they going to do other than play? Isn't that what they always do?

yes, they never acted in their video, maybe the more "acted" was I chose, they always played, dexter was upside down in the meaning of life...but that's all....oh they walked in wdygaj...

RonWelty
05-01-2012, 10:22 AM
yes, they never acted in their video, maybe the more "acted" was I chose, they always played, dexter was upside down in the meaning of life...but that's all....oh they walked in wdygaj...

Self esteem had a lot of acting. gone way also a little. shit is fucked up too

Little_Miss_1565
05-01-2012, 10:31 AM
All I remember of Self Esteem and Gone Away were the band playing their instruments.

Llamas
05-01-2012, 10:39 AM
TKAA and SIMU had the best Offspring music videos, IMO. It has nothing to do with whether or not the band is in the video.

Dexter_italy
05-01-2012, 10:39 AM
yes, RonWelty, by acting I mean the band acting like in a movie, not moving while playing, SIMU is right!

Krojd
05-01-2012, 10:40 AM
Dressed as the Foo Fighters:eek:

If you mean they wear pants, t-shirts (shirts, sweatshirts) and even shoes, then yes, they are dressed as Foo Fighters.

Little_Miss_1565
05-01-2012, 10:40 AM
SIMU was a goofy song. It had a goofy video to go with it. Days go By is not a goofy song; therefore, the video will not be goofy.

Dexter_italy
05-01-2012, 10:44 AM
SIMU was a goofy song. It had a goofy video to go with it. Days go By is not a goofy song; therefore, the video will not be goofy.

Not, but there are bands that act in the video, like go around, doing things, are carachters in the story. it would be cool

Little_Miss_1565
05-01-2012, 10:45 AM
Not, but there are bands that act in the video, like go around, doing things, are carachters in the story. it would be cool

There are bands that do that, but not this band. They never have, and probably for a reason.

Dexter_italy
05-01-2012, 10:47 AM
There are bands that do that, but not this band. They never have, and probably for a reason.

the reason is given in dexter's performance in Idle hands and Pauly Shore ahahuahauha

RonWelty
05-01-2012, 10:49 AM

this is acting for me : http://i.ytimg.com/vi/numCZoBFcv4/0.jpg

But you're right.

Jojan
Can someone make the video accessible for all of us who are not members of the Facebook brainwash sect?

RonWelty
the reason is given in dexter's performance in Idle hands and Pauly Shore ahahuahauha

I remember the time when he said he wanted to be an actor in a movie about war or something.

Krojd
05-01-2012, 10:50 AM
Can someone make the video accessible for all of us who are not members of the Facebook brainwash sect?

No video there, just making of pics.

Llamas
05-01-2012, 10:52 AM
The Offspring have never been a character-ish band. Unlike people like Billie Joe, Madonna, Gerard Way, etc, who have distinctive public and stage personas, they've pretty much been a band who writes songs, rocks out, and lives their own private lives. They're not that talkative or theatrical during concerts (not at ALL compared to a lot of bands) - in fact, minus Noodles, they're kinda shy for a rock band. I honestly think it'd be painfully awkward to watch these guys try to act in the way you're talking about. SIMU was about as close as they've ever come, and it was really only Dexter - and while I LOVE that video, it was definitely a bit awkward.

SeanAshmore
05-01-2012, 10:55 AM
I think it's perfectly fine to have them playing their instruments in a music video. As Little_Miss said, that IS what they do.

I hope though that Cruisin' California will have a video along the lines of Pretty fly for a white guy. That song to me seems like Pretty fly for this current generation :), surprisingly I've been listening to it more than Days go by.

Titus
05-01-2012, 10:56 AM
lol you got me wrong, I want them in the video, they can play the instrument or do whatever they do, but not just the band playing their instrument for 4 minutes

Degstur Lolland
05-01-2012, 10:59 AM
I see the problem here. Can't Repeat, simple version, was kinda boring, them standing in a room and simply playing, maybe some video editing like separated screen. There is more to Gone Away and Self Esteem. Dexter playing with the light bulb. Ron view from behind. In Self Esteem they were going around plus some kids going around and a dog. Video effects too. X-rayed skeletons or old looking effects in Gone Away.

Lord_Gabo
05-01-2012, 11:00 AM
If you mean they wear pants, t-shirts (shirts, sweatshirts) and even shoes, then yes, they are dressed as Foo Fighters.

Dammit i'm dressed as a Foo Fighters! hahahaa

Titus
05-01-2012, 11:01 AM
I see the problem here. Can't Repeat, simple version, was kinda boring

That is what I meant! The second video of canīt repeat was way better than the first

Llamas
05-01-2012, 11:04 AM
Which song was it where the video was shot from like a hundred different camera angles? I liked that one, but can't remember which it was.

RonWelty
05-01-2012, 11:05 AM
Which song was it where the video was shot from like a hundred different camera angles? I liked that one, but can't remember which it was.

Are you joking right?

CGMHAY by Joseph khan I guess.

Defender
05-01-2012, 11:05 AM

Head around you

Llamas
05-01-2012, 11:09 AM
Head around you

Just watched it - thanks! I looked up Can't Repeat and Million Miles Away, thinking it was one of those...

That song has a cool video - probably the best video they've done of just them playing. I like Gone Away's, too, though.

Titus
05-01-2012, 11:11 AM
Listening to the song I expect something like the new canīt repeat video with more acting from them and other actors.
I know they dont do acting in their videos (besides SIFU, and maybe I choose, gone away), but somehow I feel they will do something different, the lyrics and the video will "walk hand in hand"

Little_Miss_1565
05-01-2012, 11:12 AM
this is acting for me : http://i.ytimg.com/vi/numCZoBFcv4/0.jpg

But you're right.

I'd characterize that as performing, since he's, well, singing there. But I think I get what you're getting at. I think the confusion was that the word "acting" implies that he's portraying a character and not getting into a performance.

Also: LOL at that particular screen shot. It's like the one frame where he looks awkward. :)

Also also: I guess I had mentally blocked out how shiny his shirt was in that video. Hm.

Titus
05-01-2012, 11:19 AM
I think he acted in gone away video too! At some point of the video you see him with his hand in his head like screaming. That was a badass acting

Little_Miss_1565
05-01-2012, 11:19 AM
I think he acted in gone away video too! At some point of the video you see him with his hand in his head like screaming. That was a badass acting

That's not acting, though...

SeanAshmore
05-01-2012, 11:26 AM
I would say the video will be like can't repeat, hopefully the 'full' version with the scenes interspersed with the band playing as opposed to just them playing. I'm still more interested in seeing the (hopefully funny) video for Cruisin' California.

Dexter_italy
05-01-2012, 11:33 AM
Well doing a can't repeat 2 would be a bit boring as well, since there's a wite screen back it could be like them playing and in the background some life scene passing, life evolving and shit..

Krojd
05-01-2012, 11:58 AM
Dammit i'm dressed as a Foo Fighters! hahahaa

Dave? Is that you?! :eek:

Dexter_italy
05-01-2012, 12:01 PM
Dave? Is that you?! :eek:

gabo is more a chris shiflett :D

Jojan
05-01-2012, 12:16 PM
No video there, just making of pics.

Those then, por favor.

Tisiacs
05-01-2012, 12:56 PM
IN PRODUCTION: The Offspring - Lex Halaby, dir.

artist: The Offspring
song: "Days Go By"
label: Columbia
director(s): Lex Halaby
production co: Doomsday Ent.
producer: Mark Staubach

http://www.videostatic.com/vs/2012/05/in-production-the-offspring-lex-halaby-dir.html

RonWelty
05-01-2012, 12:57 PM
From the shots I've saw It seems like they will be playing and video will be put on that blank sheets even if normally they use green sheets (i don't know the tech term). I think it will be like GD's Boulevard of broken dreams video. My 2 cents.

RonWelty
05-01-2012, 12:59 PM
Just watched it - thanks! I looked up Can't Repeat and Million Miles Away, thinking it was one of those...

That song has a cool video - probably the best video they've done of just them playing. I like Gone Away's, too, though.

If you visit Kahn's website you can see the director cut of CGMHAY

Dexter_italy
05-01-2012, 01:20 PM
Oh I forgot! Dexter and noodles acted in Da hui video :D

Little_Miss_1565
05-01-2012, 01:32 PM
From the shots I've saw It seems like they will be playing and video will be put on that blank sheets even if normally they use green sheets (i don't know the tech term). I think it will be like GD's Boulevard of broken dreams video. My 2 cents.

If there were going to be effects in the background, they would be in front of a green screen (or blue screen), and not a white wall. When those walls are used (I think it's called a cyclorama wall, or cyc wall), that's usually intended to be the background, with no effects added.

GamerKT
05-01-2012, 01:35 PM
If there were going to be effects in the background, they would be in front of a green screen (or blue screen), and not a white wall. When those walls are used (I think it's called a cyclorama wall, or cyc wall), that's usually intended to be the background, with no effects added.

Since it's a totally blank background, they can still superimpose images onto it.

Little_Miss_1565
05-01-2012, 01:37 PM
Since it's a totally blank background, they can still superimpose images onto it.

I've never seen a white wall used in post for effects.

RonWelty
05-01-2012, 01:39 PM
yeah I know they usually green screen... my theory is wrong.

maybe.

GamerKT
05-01-2012, 01:50 PM
I've never seen a white wall used in post for effects.

Doubtful. You can superimpose anything onto anything. I'm saying it's easier because it's blank. It is not a substitute for chroma key, but they can add floating photos or whatever the hell they wanna put.

Or nothing. Just saying that they can.

TripleDK
05-02-2012, 02:58 AM
Yeah, I've been messing around with chroma-keying in my spare time, and there is definitely no law that states it HAS to be a green or a blue backdrop. It's just usually easier because it contrasts better.

Dexter_italy
05-02-2012, 03:22 AM
I thought of a video going in the background because of the artwork too... like the guys in front and back scenes of life happening... of course a video of 4 minutes of them playing in a white background would be a bit boring.
Wait.... is the keyword of these weeks!

Marco
05-02-2012, 06:10 AM
I would actually like them just playing...like the Can't Repeat video, it's one of my favourites because of its simplicity.

No matter what, it feels really good seeing the band working on new stuff :)

the_real_potomek
05-02-2012, 06:14 AM
Wouldn't it make more sense to talk about the video after actually watching it? We've just seen a couple of pictures, I guess it's not enough to judge the whole video.

Mr.Nobody
05-02-2012, 06:19 AM
Wouldn't it make more sense to talk about the video after actually watching it? We've just seen a couple of pictures, I guess it's not enough to judge the whole video.

When is it coming out? We need it:p

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
05-02-2012, 11:16 AM
I always thought they made slightly crappy music videos. I don't really care about this one. I do really like the SIMU, Gone Away, and Da Hui videos though. A lot of them are blocked in my country for some reason.

Llamas
05-02-2012, 11:53 AM
I always thought they made slightly crappy music videos.

They do, and I'm okay with that. Music videos are kinda silly, anyway. Very, very rarely does a music video impress me enough that I think it's worth it. Otherwise, just gimme the song.

That said, I do own the Offspring's Music Video DVD. I also have Bush's - but usually I prefer live concert DVDs, of which I have many more.

TheJakes84
05-02-2012, 03:11 PM
photos - http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150788268302287.429498.5952252286&type=3

Directed by Lex Halaby (the same one from KAYDO?)

More information soon.

Thanks, super stoked now.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
05-02-2012, 03:46 PM
They do, and I'm okay with that. Music videos are kinda silly, anyway. Very, very rarely does a music video impress me enough that I think it's worth it. Otherwise, just gimme the song.

Yeah, I find almost all of their music videos quite entertaining, I just don't think they're that good.

One of my favorite music videos is that one for Social Distortion - Machine Gun Blues. It's a pretty stellar video.

RonWelty
05-02-2012, 04:43 PM
Yeah, I find almost all of their music videos quite entertaining, I just don't think they're that good.

One of my favorite music videos is that one for Social Distortion - Machine Gun Blues. It's a pretty stellar video.

I WAS WRONG videoclip is amazing.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
05-02-2012, 05:01 PM
I WAS WRONG videoclip is amazing.
I Was Wrong is just a really good song in general, but yes, it does have a pretty good video.

Dexter_italy
05-02-2012, 11:02 PM
Social Distortion - Machine Gun Blues. It's a pretty stellar video.

well that's a mini film with hollywood production :D awesome! and cool song too!

manux
05-02-2012, 11:16 PM

No, I mean they are exactly dressed as the Foo Fighters, but well they just ripped of their song, why not their style.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbpqZT_56Ns

Dexter_italy
05-02-2012, 11:23 PM
No, I mean they are exactly dressed as the Foo Fighters, but well they just ripped of their song, why not their style.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbpqZT_56Ns

I heard dexter fell in love with dave and wanted to dress like him...

manux
05-03-2012, 02:10 PM
I heard dexter fell in love with dave and wanted to dress like him...

Yes that must be then cause if not I see no reason why Dave isn' t already speaking with his lawyers;)

Little_Miss_1565
05-03-2012, 02:43 PM
As though the Foo Fighters have a patent on wearing black.

FFS people.

GamerKT
05-03-2012, 02:46 PM
As though the Foo Fighters have a patent on wearing black.

FFS people.

They do. I had to pay them for wearing the clothes that I wore yesterday.