PDA

View Full Version : Junior Seau is DEAD.

Isolated Fury
05-02-2012, 01:53 PM
Also legit, faggots.

"Former NFL star Junior Seau was found dead at his home Wednesday, authorities said. He was 43.

Police chief Frank McCoy said Seau's girlfriend reported finding him unconscious with a gunshot wound to the chest and lifesaving efforts were unsuccessful. A gun was found near him, McCoy said, and the incident is being investigated as a suicide."

randman21
05-02-2012, 07:40 PM
Not much to say besides bummer. He hasn't been relevant to my life in many years so I can't be that sad, but he was a GIGANTIC part of my childhood. Between my obsession with "Tecmo Super Bowl" on NES and the seasons surrounding Super Bowl XXIX (not a great game, but one of my favorite Super Bowls ever), his name came up a lot in my house. By the way, fuck, that was forever ago. Hard to believe he was only 43. R.I.P., man.

will2k
05-03-2012, 02:57 AM
Gunshot wound to the chest seems pretty non-committal.

WebDudette
05-03-2012, 03:20 AM
It's likely that he wanted his brain studied, like that other guy.

Isolated Fury
05-03-2012, 05:18 AM
Not much to say besides bummer. He hasn't been relevant to my life in many years so I can't be that sad, but he was a GIGANTIC part of my childhood. Between my obsession with "Tecmo Super Bowl" on NES and the seasons surrounding Super Bowl XXIX (not a great game, but one of my favorite Super Bowls ever), his name came up a lot in my house. By the way, fuck, that was forever ago. Hard to believe he was only 43. R.I.P., man.
I was just kind of dumbfounded. He always seemed like such a cheery guy. I'd say he's the only Chargers player worth remembering.

Gunshot wound to the chest seems pretty non-committal.
Yeah... I thought that was odd. If I was going to off myself, I'd just put a bullet in the old noggin. Why he wanted to bleed out is beyond me.

will2k
05-03-2012, 02:11 PM
Yeah... I thought that was odd. If I was going to off myself, I'd just put a bullet in the old noggin. Why he wanted to bleed out is beyond me.

I've always thought jumping. Deliver a sweet one-liner and bounce like "PZ nerds, later." The anticipation between the act and the result is minimal, the success rate is pretty damn high, and you get to experience free fall (bonus points for crushing a hotdog cart with your corpse).

randman21
05-03-2012, 03:15 PM

No for realz, PilZ-E wasn't kidding. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Duerson#Death)

bighead384
05-03-2012, 03:36 PM
the anticipation between the act and the result is minimal

I haven't thought comparatively about suicide methods, but writing this off as "minimal" is a bit crazy to me. I think the freefall would be terrifying. The intensity of the fall would kick your emotions into overdrive too, rather than just being a peaceful sort of thing where you're perhaps just sitting in your room or something.

Plus, you can't leave an attractive corpse if you jump.

WebDudette
05-03-2012, 11:28 PM
Oh look, maybe I was right. (http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2012/05/report-boston-university-requests-junior-seaus-brain/1#.T6N24-tSQ2w)

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
05-04-2012, 09:39 PM
No for realz, PilZ-E wasn't kidding. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Duerson#Death)

Oh look, maybe I was right. (http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2012/05/report-boston-university-requests-junior-seaus-brain/1#.T6N24-tSQ2w)
Wow. That surprised me. It's "mind blowing". :)

will2k
05-05-2012, 03:53 AM
I haven't thought comparatively about suicide methods, but writing this off as "minimal" is a bit crazy to me. I think the freefall would be terrifying. The intensity of the fall would kick your emotions into overdrive too, rather than just being a peaceful sort of thing where you're perhaps just sitting in your room or something.

Plus, you can't leave an attractive corpse if you jump.

The fall would be intense, I'm sure, but given the mere amount of seconds it would occupy would minimize the emotional reaction to an instant. Besides, if you've mustered up the brass to end yourself I think you could endure a few scant moments of sheer terror otherwise you should never have taken that fatal step: but there's no real room for remorse because it's impossible to undo the action so you're (no matter how reluctantly at this point) committed to the action//end result.