PDA

View Full Version : Dexter with a Gibson...Wait, what?

ilovepunkrock
05-08-2012, 01:30 PM
I just saw this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbOphAmCCTA

wasn't dexter official endorser of ibanez? (http://www.ibanez.com/Artists)

so, WTF?

mrconeman
05-08-2012, 01:37 PM
Yeah, that's not a Gibson. It looks to be a Les Paul style guitar, but not a Gibson, it's an Ibanez. Every major guitar company has some kind of Les Paul rip off.

Also, people who are official endorsees are not contractually obliged to never play any other brand ever again. Plenty of artists are endorsed by more than one guitar company, and plenty of guitarists have an endorsement with one company, and play their guitars, but also use a plethora of other equipment too. Like how Slash is a Gibson endorsee but frequently plays a BC Rich Mockingbird.

p.s. that is the worst vocal performance I've ever heard him do.

edit: after checking, Dexter seems to be using two of these (one red, one black) one is probably using a different set of pickups.
http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/eg_page12.php?area_id=3&data_id=252&color=CL01&year=2012&cat_id=1&series_id=80

edit 2 : I do remember a few years ago when Dexter did mention that he retired that famous RG that he is mostly associated with:
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS7Qqg3P3jdlOiLm596tch6ISsWBRXyo rXoKxQTnIN1GZ8L3ZJyJ8pwqGu9aA

Dexter_italy
05-08-2012, 01:41 PM
It's still an Ibanez as already pointed out.... I think he liked the neck! Les paul's style neck is sooooo cool to play!

and no, it's not different pick ups, it's different tuning, just like the silver and black diamond plated rg's. they all got some guitars in standard tuning and one one step lower

mrconeman
05-08-2012, 01:48 PM
Ahh, cool. I thought it might be tuning, but I was pretty sure they play half a step down for every song live.

Learn something new every day :)

Dexter_italy
05-08-2012, 01:55 PM
Ahh, cool. I thought it might be tuning, but I was pretty sure they play half a step down for every song live.

Learn something new every day :)

they have few songs they play in standard tuning, like cgmhay, want you bad and hammerhead :) oh and days go by now which has capo on 3rd fret :)

TheJakes84
05-09-2012, 12:09 AM
Does it really matter what guitar Mr. Dexter Holland is using ,eh? He plays the newer ones very well. I'm a fan. So rad. Screw the old guitars.

Dexter_italy
05-09-2012, 12:39 AM
Does it really matter what guitar Mr. Dexter Holland is using ,eh? He plays the newer ones very well. I'm a fan. So rad. Screw the old guitars.

well it's important in sound terms... you can hear a big difference in the clean sound for example, it's so fatter! then it depends what you're interested in...I as a guitar player I'm really into all this stuff, guitars, amps, strings, pedals, and all the possible shit. :D

TheJakes84
05-09-2012, 01:12 AM
well it's important in sound terms... you can hear a big difference in the clean sound for example, it's so fatter! then it depends what you're interested in...I as a guitar player I'm really into all this stuff, guitars, amps, strings, pedals, and all the possible shit. :D

Sorry, excuse my ignorance :eek:. I'm not a guitar player but I can respect the fact that you are a guitar player and knows the fucks you are talking abouts. Thanks for sharing some cool info about the equipment stuff. From now on, I shall stick by shutting up my mouth and not opening it for shit.

Dexter_italy
05-09-2012, 01:17 AM
Sorry, excuse my ignorance :eek:. I'm not a guitar player but I can respect the fact that you are a guitar player and knows the fucks you are talking abouts. Thanks for sharing some cool info about the equipment stuff. From now on, I shall stick by shutting up my mouth and not opening it for shit.

ahah why so hard with yourself dude? fans have different interests about the band, that's cool too. I can understand that if someone talks about something you're not interested in you're like "what's all that about? who cares? and so on" :D

TheJakes84
05-09-2012, 01:31 AM
ahah why so hard with yourself dude? fans have different interests about the band, that's cool too. I can understand that if someone talks about something you're not interested in you're like "what's all that about? who cares? and so on" :D

Oh totally, bro. Agreed. Indeed. My bad, I guess being a girl can bring me cheers and go boy crazy HAHA. Just a sucker for boys that are musicians. :D

Dexter_italy
05-09-2012, 01:37 AM
Oh totally, bro. Agreed. Indeed. My bad, I guess being a girl can bring me cheers and go boy crazy HAHA. Just a sucker for boys that are musicians. :D

ah you're a girl! sorry for the dude before! I kept calling you dude!:D

TheJakes84
05-09-2012, 01:41 AM
ah you're a girl! sorry for the dude before! I kept calling you dude!:D

Check you profile thingy, Dang I'm shy to even bother posting on folks profiles. :)

Isti
05-09-2012, 02:57 AM
IBANEZ ARZ

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/images/eg2011/ARZ700_BK_27_01.png

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
05-09-2012, 03:52 PM
cgmhay
That took me a good minute and a half to figure out what song that was short for. I went through each album's track-list in my head until I hit Splinter.

IBANEZ ARZ

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/images/eg2011/ARZ700_BK_27_01.png
I am an amateur (aka not very good) guitar player, and I don't know near enough about guitars as I should, but I know this: that guitar is so sexy.

Dexter_italy
05-09-2012, 11:11 PM
as you can see bu the picture frets inlays are different and pickups too. I think he might have played a les paul in studio and liked it, so asked ibanez to do a model for him that sounded like it :) or maybe not.... It's strange because les paul models are a bit tiny, and in his hands seems like a toy, he should ask for a bigger model like fletcher from pennywise :D

BigFish
05-10-2012, 10:35 AM
they have few songs they play in standard tuning, like cgmhay, want you bad and hammerhead :) oh and days go by now which has capo on 3rd fret :)

Sometimes they play Want You Bad in Eb. Also on Days Go By the capo is on the 2nd fret ;)

On another note...I miss him using the RG all the time. I love them so much.

Dexter_italy
05-10-2012, 10:38 AM
Sometimes they play Want You Bad in Eb. Also on Days Go By the capo is on the 2nd fret ;)

On another note...I miss him using the RG all the time. I love them so much.

yes second, right. I think I never saw want you bad lowered really..

Edit: found...

TheJakes84
05-10-2012, 06:19 PM
as you can see bu the picture frets inlays are different and pickups too. I think he might have played a les paul in studio and liked it, so asked ibanez to do a model for him that sounded like it :) or maybe not.... It's strange because les paul models are a bit tiny, and in his hands seems like a toy, he should ask for a bigger model like fletcher from pennywise :D

This made me LOL.

But y'know I really like his little guitars though like I find them to be very hot!

mrconeman
05-10-2012, 06:37 PM
Did someone say little guitars?

http://halen.com/evh/modules/PNphpBB2/files/eddie_little_guitars_6_107.jpg

TheJakes84
05-10-2012, 06:50 PM
^ Hilarious. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ilovepunkrock
06-02-2012, 10:40 AM
seems legit
anyway, dexter look way better with the old rg :cool:

dexter=RG
he used that type of guitar so many fucking years!!!

my image (and I think of all the fans) of dexter holland is with RG...