http://www.sonymusic.co.jp/Music/International/Arch/ES/TheOffspring

And will be released on June 27.

cool 2 hate 681
05-10-2012, 05:45 PM
cool just like the hammerhead single:)

Degstur Lolland
05-10-2012, 06:33 PM
With DVD and with bonus tracks!

Melodic core, Ska-reggae approach, Dance pop sound. We took a more polished by the playful melodic line. Never before such innovative American rock royal road. Colorful pop album. :D

Needs to be translated much better. :D

cool 2 hate 681
05-10-2012, 06:38 PM
i wonder what the bonus track will be:confused: maybe gone away piano or guns of brixton

Degstur Lolland
05-10-2012, 07:02 PM
I was thinking about gone away piano too because of the death song, that would be a double death. :D Maybe, It's All Good.

I'm guessing Punkspring shows could be on the DVD.

Aaand, Ska-reggae, that would be Dividing By Zero, I guess.

Tijs
05-10-2012, 08:34 PM
Degstur Lolland's predictions so far has been nothing more than complete random mentions of anything that has to do with The Offspring in even the slightest way.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
05-10-2012, 09:31 PM
Japanese version of "Days Go By" will have a DVD:
http://www.sonymusic.co.jp/Music/International/Arch/ES/TheOffspring

Is there a translate button? I'm a little rusty on my Japanese.

TheJakes84
05-10-2012, 10:19 PM
Degstur Lolland's predictions so far has been nothing more than complete random mentions of anything that has to do with The Offspring in even the slightest way.

That was a massively impressive statement. :eek:

Degstur Lolland
05-10-2012, 10:28 PM
That was a massively impressive statement. :eek:
It's bumpin' in his trunk. :eek:

TheJakes84
05-10-2012, 10:33 PM
It's bumpin' in his trunk. :eek:

Your name sounds very familiar to Dexter Holland. :confused:

Degstur Lolland
05-10-2012, 10:39 PM
Your name sounds very familiar to Dexter Holland. :confused:
I'm his retarded brother singin' AHAA! AHAA! on Cruising California. :cool:

TheJakes84
05-10-2012, 10:46 PM
I'm his retarded brother singin' AHAA! AHAA! on Cruising California. :cool:

Oh, who's that female rapper rappin' Bumpin' in my Trunk? **confused**

Degstur Lolland
05-10-2012, 11:17 PM
Oh, who's that female rapper rappin' Bumpin' in my Trunk? **confused**
It's you! :eek:

TheJakes84
05-11-2012, 03:12 AM
It's you! :eek:

HAHA busted :rolleyes:

Llamas
05-11-2012, 08:43 AM

Yep, and he keeps making them. Haha.

Degstur Lolland
05-11-2012, 04:35 PM
We will see who laughs the last.

Also, I cover all the ideas I can think of plus I listen to what other people say.

It was Jacknife's idea that Dividing by zero could be ska even before knowing there is any ska on the album.

Also, Gone Away piano is not likely in my opinion...

It's fun, take it easy...

Oxygene
05-12-2012, 04:50 PM

Isn't he that fat slovakian dude who used to suck up to that blond chick?

Thomas
05-12-2012, 05:13 PM
So is there a way for me, in America, to get a copy of this limited edition anywhere? And if I do, do you suppose all the words in the booklet will be in japanese?

Oxygene
05-12-2012, 05:16 PM
So is there a way for me, in America, to get a copy of this limited edition anywhere? And if I do, do you suppose all the words in the booklet will be in japanese?

I am actually not sure, but wouldn't that be the POINT (at least to some extent) of a Japanese release.. ?

Little_Miss_1565
05-12-2012, 07:44 PM
So basically we can count on none of HAU's predictions being true, right?

Degstur Lolland
05-13-2012, 12:16 AM
1. The Future Is Now, political song. Orwell's 1984 book reference. Current economical crisis. Dexter says dangers of technology.
2. Secrets From The Underground, a song that would be good in a super hero movie? Twilight?
3. Days Go By, message of hope.
4. Turning Into You, Noodles' Lightning Rod, only better??? JLTW/DUI solo???
5. Hurting As One, anti-religion song. It's like Something To Believe In. Not one, gonna go away lyrics. Drove, promise lyrics.
6. Cruising California (Bumpin' In My Trunk), driving OC/Have a good time song? Ronnie King pipe melody and Achoo, caboose lyrics.
7. All I Have Left Is You, Death song??? Something like Gone Away and Kristy, both #7!
8. OC Guns, anti-police. Orange County, innocent people killed by police. Tiki Tiki. Spanish tinged, Mexican trumpets and maybe vibraslap.
9. Dirty Magic, a bit faster version with a fresh sound?
10. I Wanna Secret Family (With You), My Girlfriend is a bitch song??? Something like Fix You or Spare Me The Details, both #10!
11. Dividing By Zero, x/0 converges to infinity. Ska-reggae song?
12. Slim Pickens, Kubrick's movie reference. Anti-war song? He did war movies.
--
Noodles' surprise? 6? 9?
Fire raining in on you lyrics? 4? 7? 10?
--
13. It's All Good, Guns of Brixton and Gone Away piano version, bonus Japanese songs???
14. Punkspring Japanese DVD???

Defender
05-13-2012, 02:21 AM
I guess I will miss Degstur Lolland's theories after new album release.;)

GamerKT
05-13-2012, 02:22 AM
11. Dividing By Zero, x/0 converges to infinity. Ska-reggae song?

Where the fuck did you get that from?

Degstur Lolland
05-13-2012, 04:18 AM
@Defender
Theories will be gone, but some things might not be clear even then. :d Don't worry, I'll make a review or something. :D

@GamerKT
It was Jacknife's idea even before knowing there would be Ska-reggae song on the album. Ask him, but I think it fits great with the title too. Rock Bottom is 11th song on RFRG and What Happened to You is 11th on Smash too, both Ska-reggae or whatever, The Worst Hangover Ever is 7th though. 4, 7 and 10 were very difficult to guess so one of them could be Ska-reggae song, but I don't bet on them now.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
05-13-2012, 02:37 PM
My Girlfriend is a bitch song??? Something like Fix You
Wait..... what? If Fix You is a "my girlfriend is a bitch" song, then they pulled that off quite subtly in my mind.

dff_punk
05-13-2012, 05:07 PM
While we are on the predictions topic, remember that japanese guy who posted The Future Is Now on youtube. He had heard songs like Secrets From The Underground, Turning Into You and OC Guns at a listening session. I bet someone already tried to ask him what the songs were like. Or am I wrong?

Dexter_italy
05-14-2012, 12:19 AM
While we are on the predictions topic, remember that japanese guy who posted The Future Is Now on youtube. He had heard songs like Secrets From The Underground, Turning Into You and OC Guns at a listening session. I bet someone already tried to ask him what the songs were like. Or am I wrong?

I did, and posted his answer a while ago, but it was starting the Cruising California mess, now that it's already out I re-post his answer

Imo, half of the songs are "The Offspring" sound, fast, with cool guitar riffs.
Other half, were little bit different...
"Cruising California" was like pop song with Dex rapping, girl singer's chorus....party tune, but not really typical Offspring.
"OC Guns" is slow, Mexican sound, with some Spanish lyrics.

dff_punk
05-14-2012, 04:51 AM
I did, and posted his answer a while ago, but it was starting the Cruising California mess, now that it's already out I re-post his answer

"Cruising California" was like pop song with Dex rapping, girl singer's chorus....party tune, but not really typical Offspring.

Thanks dude. It's hard to keep up with all the recent activity here, hehe.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
05-14-2012, 06:32 PM
half of the songs are "The Offspring" sound, fast, with cool guitar riffs.

That's all I need to know :)

Degstur Lolland
05-14-2012, 09:32 PM
Wait..... what? If Fix You is a "my girlfriend is a bitch" song, then they pulled that off quite subtly in my mind.
Well, a relationship song, very similar. Ya know, fixing your girlfriend, game over.

Hmmm, how did I miss it? :d Oh, yeah CC mess...

But, it doesn't solve much. So SFTU and TIY are fast with cool guitar riffs, but we don't really know their topics. We've heard CC and the new thing about OC Guns is that it is slow and maybe Spanish lyrics.

BTW, Ska-reggae song: Rock Bottom, Hangover and What Happened, all about alcohol abuse or simply drugs.

1. The Future Is Now, political song. Orwell's 1984 book reference. Current economical crisis. Dexter says dangers of technology.
2. Secrets From The Underground, a song that would be good in a super hero movie? Twilight? Fast, cool guitar riffs.
3. Days Go By, a message of hope.
4. Turning Into You, Noodles' Lightning Rod, only better??? JLTW/DUI solo??? Fast, cool guitar riffs.
5. Hurting As One, anti-religion song. It's like Something To Believe In. Not one, gonna go away lyrics. Drove, promise lyrics.
6. Cruising California (Bumpin' In My Trunk), driving OC/Have a good time song? Ronnie King pipe melody and Achoo, caboose lyrics.
7. All I Have Left Is You, Death song??? Something like Gone Away and Kristy, both #7! Heavy topics.
8. OC Guns, anti-police. Orange County, innocent people killed by police. Tiki Tiki. Spanish tinged--lyrics, Mexican trumpets and maybe vibraslap. Slow song.
9. Dirty Magic, big and awesome version.
10. I Wanna Secret Family (With You), My Girlfriend is a bitch song??? Something like Fix You or Spare Me The Details, both #10! Relationship topic.
11. Dividing By Zero, x/0 converges to infinity. Ska-reggae song? Alcohol, drug abuse. What Happened to You? The Worst Hangover Ever. Let's Hear It For Rock Bottom.

7 and 10 could be switched. Would you place a very serious song after CC? :D

Maki
05-14-2012, 11:32 PM
Noodles mentioned about some new songs in Japanese magazine's interview.
He said, "OC Guns" is like a Mariachi reggae song.
and "Dividing By Zero" is funky style, in this song, Dexter plays Middle Eastern phrase solo.

and an interviewer who heard "Secrets From The Underground" said, this song is punk number like an Offspring's song that we know well.

Degstur Lolland
05-15-2012, 12:30 AM
So, I doubt we would have 2 Ska-reggae songs, but still they both seem very exotic. :D

Now I wonder about DBZ topic.

SFTU, punk song for a hero movie? Seems unlikely. All I Have Left Is You would make more sense now.

I'm really lost on topics. I got 5 songs and 3 topics, that's a lot of variations.
2 Secrets From The Underground
4 Turning Into You
7 All I Have Left Is You
10 I Wanna Secret Family (With You)
11 Dividing By Zero

Hero movie 7
Death 10
My Girlfriend is a bitch 11

TheJakes84
05-15-2012, 12:34 AM
Am I stupid? :o I can't even work that link out. :mad:

Edit: I like dexter's clothes. He wears his style sharp!

Degstur Lolland
05-15-2012, 12:55 AM
2. Secrets From The Underground, punk, fast, cool guitar riffs.
3. Days Go By, a message of hope.
4. Turning Into You, punk, fast, cool guitar riffs.
7. All I Have Left Is You, a song that would be good in a super hero movie???
8. OC Guns, anti-police. Orange County, innocent people killed by police. Tiki Tiki. Spanish tinged--lyrics, Mexican trumpets and maybe vibraslap. Slow Ska/Mariachi-reggae song.
9. Dirty Magic, big and awesome version.
10. I Wanna Secret Family (With You), Death song???
11. Dividing By Zero, x/0 converges to infinity. Funky style with Middle Eastern phrase solo. My Girlfriend is a bitch song???
--
Noodles' surprise? 6? 9?
Fire raining in on you lyrics? 4? 7? 10?
Noodles' Lightning Rod, only better??? 2? 4? 5?
JLTW/DUI solo??? 2? 4? 5? 8? 12?
--
13. It's All Good, Guns of Brixton and Gone Away piano version, bonus Japanese songs???
14. Punkspring Japanese DVD???

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
05-16-2012, 05:10 PM
So, I doubt we would have 2 Ska-reggae songs, but still they both seem very exotic. :D

Now I wonder about DBZ topic.

SFTU, punk song for a hero movie? Seems unlikely. All I Have Left Is You would make more sense now.

I'm really lost on topics. I got 5 songs and 3 topics, that's a lot of variations.
2 Secrets From The Underground
4 Turning Into You
7 All I Have Left Is You
10 I Wanna Secret Family (With You)
11 Dividing By Zero

Hero movie 7
Death 10
My Girlfriend is a bitch 11

Hau, I know you've been around a lot longer than me and that I have no right to say this, but please stop your predictions. I mean, how the heck do you figure that a song titled "I Wanna Secret Family (With You)" is about death?????(excuse my excessive punctuation)????!!!!!!!???????! Is the individual in the song a freaking necrophiliac? I don't think they'd joke about death at that level.

Britpunk
05-16-2012, 05:52 PM
Yeah ^^. also couldn't dirty magic be the my girlfriend is a bitch song? lyrically its about being in love with somebody who is fucked up/fucks you up. i mean sure its a theme they revisit time and again (self esteem, me & my old lady, shes got issues, denial revisited, spare me the details (yeah i picked one from each, but i know there are more examples))

i hope i'm wrong, but i also hope you're wrong on all your predictions. Not to be mean, just cause it'd be really funny....

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
05-16-2012, 06:06 PM
i mean sure its a theme they revisit time and again (self esteem, me & my old lady, shes got issues, denial revisited, spare me the details (yeah i picked one from each, but i know there are more examples))

Any for S/T?

"Watch my girlfriend
Come to the door
Chop off her head
She falls to the floor
That's alright, man, that's okay
She never really used her head anyway"

How about RAF,RAG?

Supa
05-16-2012, 06:09 PM
Yes, the baseless 'predictions' are quote annoying. Where did we even get the death song and my girlfriend is a bitch song from?

Degstur Lolland
05-16-2012, 06:17 PM
Necrophiliac? No, surely not in a physical sense. I don't think it's Dexter's hobby. More like in a mental sense, maybe not even that, you know having photos of your deceased and loved ones and looking at them from time to time while having a new girlfriend.

There are not many options for death song. It's probably either 7 or 10.

I don't think that Dirty Magic is mixed with those topics. Also, I thought DM is about having a crush on someone and it's more like a game, not your official girlfriend, fucking up outside of a relationship.

I won't stop updating with a new information. I'm probably wrong about a lot of them, but it's not only predictions, it's also info about the new album, you know we've heard The Future Is Now and now I collect everything about it.

Degstur Lolland
05-16-2012, 06:21 PM
Yes, the baseless 'predictions' are quote annoying. Where did we even get the death song and my girlfriend is a bitch song from?
Haha, I do it also because of people like you. You're missing a lot of information.

https://twitter.com/#!/offspring/media/slideshow?url=http%3A%2F%2Ftwitpic.com%2F7bygfi

Britpunk
05-16-2012, 06:21 PM
Any for S/T?

"Watch my girlfriend
Come to the door
Chop off her head
She falls to the floor
That's alright, man, that's okay
She never really used her head anyway"

How about RAF,RAG?

yeah rafrag is hard cause although fix you and kristy... could probably both fit into my shittily broad category, they seem more personal.

on s/t i think ill be waiting fits...
Once I found a love I had to know
Now we might know each other just too well
Cause when we're together we just can't get enough
Or is it we just can't get what we want

Supa
05-16-2012, 06:32 PM
Haha, I do it also because of people like you. You're missing a lot of information.

https://twitter.com/#!/offspring/media/slideshow?url=http%3A%2F%2Ftwitpic.com%2F7bygfi

Yeah, I miss information sometimes, but your super stypid random guesses by looking at song titles don't bridge the gap. Just link to what I'm missing, that would be nine million times more helpful.:cool:

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
05-16-2012, 10:01 PM

https://twitter.com/#!/offspring/media/slideshow?url=http%3A%2F%2Ftwitpic.com%2F7bygfi (https://twitter.com/#%21/offspring/media/slideshow?url=http%3A%2F%2Ftwitpic.com%2F7bygfi)
No one says there has to be a song on each of those topics. It could have easily been brainstorming.

yeah rafrag is hard cause although fix you and kristy... could probably both fit into my shittily broad category, they seem more personal.

on s/t i think ill be waiting fits...
Once I found a love I had to know
Now we might know each other just too well
Cause when we're together we just can't get enough
Or is it we just can't get what we want

That's better than my Beheaded idea.