PDA

View Full Version : Linguistics thread (or "Dans ton cul")

Harleyquiiinn
05-11-2012, 01:44 AM
So, we have this interesting discussions with a friend about the expressions that are used both in english and in french (other languages welcome).

It so happens that our two favorite expressions are :

- Ta mère (your mother) ;
- Dans ton cul (up your ass).

Yes, we are very interesting people to hang out with. Our conversations get really interesting.

Anyway, we are aware, thanks to 9gag and the angry nerd, that "your mother" or "yo mama" exists in english.

But what about "Up your ass" ?

This is a widely used expression in France.

When someone asks a question including the world "where ?", we answer "up your ass".

Examples :
" - Where is my calculator ? - Up your ass"
" - Where is Kazahkstan ? - Up your ass"

You have some variations too, because the real game is that the person asking the question doesn't feel the "up your ass" answer coming.

"Where is my phone ? - I don't know... Don't you feel something vibrating up your ass ?"
"Where is the Eiffel Tower ? - Ah, wait for midnight, we'll see if your ass is shining".

Anyway, you get the idea.

I searched on google, and this expression doesn't seem very used in english except for it's real meaning ("How to clean your ass before anal sex ?" is the first result...)

Llamas
05-11-2012, 07:07 AM
When someone asks a question including the world "where ?", we answer "up your ass".

Examples :
" - Where is my calculator ? - Up your ass"
" - Where is Kazahkstan ? - Up your ass"

You have some variations too, because the real game is that the person asking the question doesn't feel the "up your ass" answer coming.

"Where is my phone ? - I don't know... Don't you feel something vibrating up your ass ?"
"Where is the Eiffel Tower ? - Ah, wait for midnight, we'll see if your ass is shining".

Anyway, you get the idea.

I searched on google, and this expression doesn't seem very used in english except for it's real meaning ("How to clean your ass before anal sex ?" is the first result...)

"Your mother" is most often used as "your mom", but it was way, way more popular like 10 years ago. I still hear it sometimes, but "that's what she said" is more like the modern version of it. :P

You can say "up yours!" in English, but that's an insult. Also as an insult, you can tell someone to "stick it where the sun don't shine," which means in your ass.

Interesting you made this thread - I was just talking a few weeks ago with a friend about how cussing is different from country to country. Finland has a lot of cusses that involve mothers and satan... Germany's all about shit... Czechs really like to use ass and shit... Americans like everything to be sexual... so now that brings us to France - what are most of your cusses based on? My friend and I joked about traveling the world and making a detailed map of cussing by country :D

killer_queen
05-11-2012, 01:55 PM
I guess Italians also use satan, though it may be an old-fashioned thing since my only experience with Italian comes from operas. We don't have any phrases with satan or hell in Turkish, you can only hear them in dubbed American movies. We use fuck a lot but we also have a lot of cunt centered insults too. We like to bring our mothers into conversations too but they are about future instead of past. In English you always imply what you did with your opponent's mother while we usually say what we plan to do with her.

Llamas
05-11-2012, 04:13 PM
In English you always imply what you did with your opponent's mother while we usually say what we plan to do with her.

You mean like, I will smash your face into a car windshield, and then take your mother, Dorothy Mantooth, out for a nice seafood dinner and never call her again! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHpMpRRq1GY)