PDA

View Full Version : Going backstage, how?

MindlessSelfIndulgent
05-12-2012, 01:57 AM
Helleeoo.

Offspring is coming to Denmark for the first time since forever ago.
I've been a fan for more than half my life, and now I finally get to see them.

I have suddenly turned 14 again, and going backstage to meet them would be the most awesome thing ever.

HOOOW?
I've thought about contacting the festival, getting some shitty toiletcleaning job backstage, but I don't know if that's possible. And I don't really know if "Hilluuuu I need to go backstage to meet The Offspring" is the best jobapplication ever.

Help me!

Jojan
05-12-2012, 02:37 AM
Give the guards a Tuborg and they will let you behind the stage.

Degstur Lolland
05-12-2012, 03:05 AM
How's your Alcohol and blackouts? How are you doing?

TheJakes84
05-12-2012, 03:27 AM
Don't we all wanna get free backstage VIP passes to hang out with the band. :D

MindlessSelfIndulgent
05-12-2012, 07:03 AM
Jojan: I don't really think a beer will quite cut it. Not a Tuborg anyways.

Degstur Lolland: No alcohol, no blackouts!

And yes. Alot of people probably want to go backstage. But you people must know some tricks!

Jojan
05-12-2012, 08:22 AM
But the Danes love their Tuborg. You will win the game against Germany.

RageAndLov
05-12-2012, 04:33 PM
Ask the guard to say "rødgrød med fløde" and run past him while he is in a dazzling confusion.

julabard
06-03-2012, 01:53 AM
Scope out what some of the crew and the manager look like. When you see them walking around, very politely ask them. That is all.

_Lost_
06-03-2012, 11:44 AM
Sometimes, there are radio contests to meet the band at the show. Getting a job there probably won't work because at the low end of the spectrum, you are likely to be given too much to do and miss the show completely. Best bet, I would think, would be to show up early and try to catch them arriving, or stick around out back after the show. A lot of the time, they will go out back to meet fans on their way out. I met 'em through a radio thing. The last time I saw them, they couldn't come out back because they had to leave and catch a flight, but we met their tour manager(super duper nice guy) and Sum 41(douches).

cool 2 hate 681
06-03-2012, 12:54 PM
we met their tour manager(super duper nice guy) and Sum 41(douches).

i have always heard that about them just another reason to not like sum 41 besides their music

emmylou
06-03-2012, 01:32 PM
[QUOTE=cool 2 hate 681;1466349]i have always heard that about them just another reason to not like sum 41 besides their music[/QUOte

yup i met sum 41 they were made to do a meet and greet .... complete jerks!!!!
i am planning to wait outside at london if just to get a quick picture.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
06-03-2012, 05:17 PM
Shouldn't this discussion belong in GOD?

_Lost_
06-03-2012, 06:07 PM
It should be. If it sticks around long enough it will get moved.

i have always heard that about them just another reason to not like sum 41 besides their music
Yeah... the singer is all "i'm so fuckity fucking cool. I'm in my fucking thirties and havent fucking gotten over fucking saying fuck yet. I fucking say it every fucking other word because it fucking makes me fuckity fucking awesome! FUCK!" and the drummer was wasted and screaming at everyone about their douche of a former guitarist and how leaving the band made him a douche.

iGustavo followed Andrew Freeman to his hotel in Brasil and ended up hanging out with him after the show.

cool 2 hate 681
06-03-2012, 08:24 PM
Yeah... the singer is all "i'm so fuckity fucking cool. I'm in my fucking thirties and havent fucking gotten over fucking saying fuck yet. I fucking say it every fucking other word because it fucking makes me fuckity fucking awesome! FUCK!" and the drummer was wasted and screaming at everyone about their douche of a former guitarist and how leaving the band made him a douche.

haha you wonder why that guy left

i remember someone asked the drummer on their website what's your favorite offspring song and he said ''the one about road rage'' lol

i hope the offspring bring a better band on the days go by tour then sum 41

_Lost_
06-04-2012, 05:20 AM
I hope they can come up with some good unknowns or something. The Used has great opening acts on their current tour. Well the first one was great. The second one had an out of this world singer, but lacked something. New is good.

Camilamazed
06-04-2012, 06:57 AM
To get backstage passes one has to do the Truffle Shuffle.

Little_Miss_1565
06-04-2012, 07:15 AM
Sometimes, there are radio contests to meet the band at the show. Getting a job there probably won't work because at the low end of the spectrum, you are likely to be given too much to do and miss the show completely. Best bet, I would think, would be to show up early and try to catch them arriving, or stick around out back after the show. A lot of the time, they will go out back to meet fans on their way out. I met 'em through a radio thing. The last time I saw them, they couldn't come out back because they had to leave and catch a flight, but we met their tour manager(super duper nice guy) and Sum 41(douches).

Just want to call more attention to this. Meet and greets through a radio station are you best bet. Getting someone's All Access pass is not a sure bet to meet the band, and it's definitely a sure bet to get yourself thrown out of the venue entirely.

_Lost_
06-04-2012, 07:21 AM
Ask around and see if any station is doing a meet n greet contest. Maybe even give the pop or rock stations a ring or check their website. They seem to do a lot of these sorts of things when they play in Europe.

Dexter_italy
06-04-2012, 08:03 AM
try to go on the back of the...stage :D just kiddin'. It's not easy to enter backstage, I've tried 4 times without success, waiting back or trying to sneak in. In london I got to see the band going up on the bus but they didn't stop. I could meet them only on a organized meet'n greet.

Lord Phidias
06-04-2012, 08:30 AM
i remember someone asked the drummer on their website what's your favorite offspring song and he said ''the one about road rage'' lol

LOL INDEED!

Just want to call more attention to this. Meet and greets through a radio station are you best bet. Getting someone's All Access pass is not a sure bet to meet the band, and it's definitely a sure bet to get yourself thrown out of the venue entirely.

You can get thrown off of a show just for hanging around outside the venue prior to the show? That seems very arbitrary to me.

_Lost_
06-04-2012, 08:48 AM
You can get thrown off of a show just for hanging around outside the venue prior to the show? That seems very arbitrary to me.

I think she meant for trying to sneak back stage with someone else's pass or whatever.

Gustavo
06-04-2012, 09:06 AM
It's always a surprise getting backstage, sometimes it's easy, sometimes it's not.

I remember that this one time I went to see a band that I work for and I'm friends with, it was in a big outdoors free festival, one of the biggest rock festivals of Brazil, for sure.

I was one of the band's guest at the backstage and just because I didn't have a wristband from a specific colour (I had another one, they gave me the wrong one) this security guard was gonna kick me out, he actually even pushed me against a fence and hurt my arm, I was trying to tell him that I had gotten there with the band and that I had been invited to be there and he was looking at me like "Yeah, yeah, whatever, let's just go outside so I can beat the shit out of you or at least throw you off the venue", then someone from the band told him I was with them and he still wouldn't let go of me. They had to talk to someone from the event and they told him to leave me alone and he finally did, still looked very unhappy, though. I wonder what would've happened if I was simply there without anyone to have my back.

Funny thing is, I saw this singer from another band walk into the backstage with literally about 5 smoking hot girls, none of them seemed to have any wristband whatsoever and they had no problem getting to the band's dressing room.

So, if you're a hot girl, I guess you're good to sneak into the backstage. :)

iGustavo followed Andrew Freeman to his hotel in Brasil and ended up hanging out with him after the show.

Actually I knew which hotel the band was staying at, and after a while Andrew went outside and talked to the fans.

TheJakes84
06-05-2012, 07:27 AM
Just use your sexy looks to get in! Seriously, just asked the band yourself or on the ask Dexter Holland a Question/thread. Go for it!

Dirty Magic
06-05-2012, 07:35 AM
I pulled it off at the Unity Tour 2 years ago from knowing someone who is friends with Pepper's tour manager and while he was backstage he spotted me in the crowd (not hard I imagine because I was front and center) and after The Offspring's set, we met up and went backstage and hung out with the band and crew for the rest of the night while 311 played. Pepper had brought this massive grill with them and they were grilling kabobs pretty much the whole time. It was absolutely awesome.