PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Summer tour - twitter feed

Oxygene
05-12-2012, 05:11 PM
So I was thinking, that since as of last September, I have been an avid social internetworker, by having joined facebook and twitter, I thought I would do something cool with that stuff. This time around I have decided I would try and tweet the happenings of the Offspring shows I go to, and anything interesting, peculiar etc that happens at these events.

Before you get your hopes up, I won't be posting anything that the band wouldn't approve of, like what songs they're gonna play (like it's a big secret in terms of Ignition gigs.. right?) and videos of anyone completely sober etc, and as you've no doubt heard from the podcasts the backstage events aren't hookers and champagne, but I will try to post some cool pictures and nifty things in real time, but most of the time it will be the boring shit, like taking off and landing and arriving at a hotel and getting some sleep and drinking a beer etc, but I thought some people who can't go on the European tour could appreciate it. Still I advise against following me for this (or any other) reason.
I made video recordings of a lot of shit I did last summer, and edited it down and everyone I've showed it to was like "dude this you traveling for 70% of the time, 25% is The Offspring playing and you and your Offspring fan friends at shows and 5% is the Offspring members and crew standing around drinking beers... wait is that Fat Mike?!?!?!" and I was like.. yeah that's kind of what this shit is about, it's a lot of traveling some good shows and a bit of partying before everyone needs to travel again :)

So anyway, if you are interested my twitter user name is TheeOxygene, and I am sure it will give some insight, if you ever wish to follow in my footsteps of following the best band in the world around for some of the best rock n roll shows ever.

Also I guess this is the thread where discussing anything related to the future tweets belongs in..

BTW: if you guys have any suggestions, I am open to them...

Gustavo
05-12-2012, 05:40 PM
I think that's a pretty good idea. :)

Would you be down to tweeting from @offspringsite if I gave you access to it?We have 2.897 followers at the moment.

Oxygene
05-12-2012, 05:49 PM
I think that's a pretty good idea. :)

Would you be down to tweeting from @offspringsite if I gave you access to it?We have 2.897 followers at the moment.

Sure I guess... why not.. or maybe you could auto-retweet.. if there is such a thing?

Gustavo
05-12-2012, 05:52 PM
Sure I guess... why not.. or maybe you could auto-retweet.. if there is such a thing?

I'm not sure if that feature is available, but you could tweet at @offspringsite and then sign @TheeOxygene at the end, what about that? :)

Is your phone's camera good? We would be honoured to have live photos on our Twitter account. :)

Oxygene
05-12-2012, 05:57 PM
I'm not sure if that feature is available, but I could tweet at @offspringsite and then sign @TheeOxygene at the end, what about that? :)

Is your phone's camera good? We would be honoured to have live photos on our Twitter account. :)

I use an iPhone 4, or my guess is I will also have a blackberry 9900 by the time I am on the road, so yeah good camera more or less. No, I can tweet through @offspringstite.. It's not an ego thing, I just think it would be something fun to do for those who can't be there, or those who care about what it's like for me to go to shows...

Gustavo
05-12-2012, 06:00 PM
I use an iPhone 4, or my guess is I will also have a blackberry 9900 by the time I am on the road, so yeah good camera more or less. No, I can tweet through @offspringstite.. It's not an ego thing, I just think it would be something fun to do for those who can't be there, or those who care about what it's like for me to go to shows...

Sounds good to me! Your call on whether or not you'll sign the tweets, I will give you the informations soon enough. Thank you in advance, my friend! I really appreciate that.

Greekoldfan
05-12-2012, 06:29 PM
I can give you access to theoffspring.eu twitter too if you want :)