PDA

View Full Version : Offspring Rehearsal Show in OC

Little_Miss_1565
05-12-2012, 06:49 PM
Finally, I get to go to something! :) I feel bad, though, because I have no head for remembering set lists. I think someone from here got the set list from the 'stage,' though, so maybe they'll post it? They opened with "Days Go By" and played "The Future Is Now," and then played a few songs they don't play often like "One Fine Day." I requested "Forever and a Day" and they almost played it but then they didn't. :( [I almost requested "I'll Be Waiting," but then figured I might as well request "Basket Case" because that would be equally obnoxious. So, I didn't.]

It was fun as hell. It was a little strange, because I need a few beers in me before I start singing along to stuff, and it was a really small crowd in the middle of the day. But then we got free tacos. And, I got a guitar pick. It has Offspring-ish artwork on it. Woooo!

My photos didn't come out but someone was shooting for Offspring.com, so there will be lots of photos.

the hitcher
05-12-2012, 07:02 PM
nice one mate ,was the future is now kick ass ,cant wait for that song:cool:

Gustavo
05-12-2012, 07:03 PM
Awesome! Two friends of mine got to go to that show.

One of them, Sil, got Dexter to talk to me on the phone! It was freaking awesome, he remembered who I was! How awesome is that? :D

I have the set-list:
Days Go By
The Future Is Now
You're Gonna Go Far, Kid
Dirty Magic
Self Esteem
The Kids Aren't Alright
Burn It Up
One Fine Day
Staring At The Sun
Bad Habit

I'm pretty sure it's not in order, though.

Congrats, Little Miss! Seems like you had a good time!

cool 2 hate 681
05-12-2012, 07:09 PM
i was at that show it was amazing they were super nice guys :)

Awesome! Two friends of mine got to go to that show.

One of them, Sil, got Dexter to talk to me on the phone! It was freaking awesome, he remembered who I was! How awesome is that? :D

I have the set-list:
Days Go By
The Future Is Now
You're Gonna Go Far, Kid
Dirty Magic
Self Esteem
The Kids Aren't Alright
Burn It Up
One Fine Day
Staring At The Sun
Bad Habit

I'm pretty sure it's not in order, though.

Congrats, Little Miss! Seems like you had a good time!

that is the right order

the hitcher
05-12-2012, 07:10 PM
hope they do somthing like this in the north of england sometime :)

Gustavo
05-12-2012, 07:10 PM
i was at that show it amazing they were super nice guys :)

Man, I'm so freaking glad you made it. You know how much I wanted that to happen. :) And you finally got to meet the band! You most definitely deserve it, my friend.

Manic subsidal
05-12-2012, 07:11 PM
Woah... how often do they close with a non-self esteem song!?

That's a pretty awesome set :)

cool 2 hate 681
05-12-2012, 07:11 PM
Man, I'm so freaking glad you made it. You know how much I wanted that to happen. :) And you finally got to meet the band! You most definitely deserve it, my friend.

thanks man:)

the hitcher
05-12-2012, 07:34 PM
how many were there mey i ask.

KHWHD
05-12-2012, 07:36 PM
Very nice! :cool:

Gustavo
05-12-2012, 07:37 PM
how many were there mey i ask.

About 30 people, apparently.

the hitcher
05-12-2012, 07:43 PM
bet they all rocked out all the same right?

Sil
05-12-2012, 09:35 PM
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-VYjQAdFka7Q/T684EHwT0sI/AAAAAAAAAVY/7Hdo2QQj1Vs/s507/4cba22229c9411e1b9f1123138140926_7.jpg

I think that is you in my picuture Little_Miss_1565 :)
That was the most surreal experience of my life. I thought NOTHING could top Alex's bar show, and I pretty much told God, that he would not her me asking for favours so soon. BUT THEN, something like this happens, where I win tickets and pretty much got to hang out with other 20 lucky fans, plus the band and free food? WHAT THE HELL? I really thought my alarm clock was going to start screaming at any point and I would realise that this was all an amazing dream...but no, it was real...or wasn't? :)

Dexter_italy
05-12-2012, 11:37 PM
I saw the announcement yesterday morning and after a couple of minutes it was gone :) Such a cool thing, they are the best band ever! :D Oh and from that picture it seems picks are new :D I don't remember seeing purple picks before, mostly yellow

Little_Miss_1565
05-13-2012, 01:21 AM
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-VYjQAdFka7Q/T684EHwT0sI/AAAAAAAAAVY/7Hdo2QQj1Vs/s507/4cba22229c9411e1b9f1123138140926_7.jpg

I think that is you in my picuture Little_Miss_1565 :)

Sure is! I wondered if I was going to end up accidentally photobombing some people's photos. I guess I did!

Dexter_italy
05-13-2012, 01:33 AM
It would be so cool to have some official video! :D

RonWelty
05-13-2012, 01:35 AM
Sure is! I wondered if I was going to end up accidentally photobombing some people's photos. I guess I did!

if it's you let me say: You're pretty.

Beheaded
05-13-2012, 02:27 AM

True story!

ixnay
05-13-2012, 03:10 AM
Sounded like a good little show! Congrats to those who were able to go.

Krojd
05-13-2012, 03:11 AM
wow, Little_Miss_1565 is hot.

Lord_Gabo
05-13-2012, 03:16 AM

...and your signature already! ahahahaha

TheJakes84
05-13-2012, 05:18 AM
Lucky you! :) Glad you had a great time! Wow, you are one attractive woman! :D Aww, I see Dexter & Noodles with their fanz. :cool:

Llamas
05-13-2012, 06:47 AM
Wow, looks like a great event to have been at! Glad you (and others) had fun! And very cool set list!! Burn it Up?? AWESOME.

Also, best photobomb ever. Having the Offspring bbs mod photobomb your picture of the setlist + the Offspring themselves? Actually, what is that a picture of? Lol. Were you trying to take a picture of Dexter and Noodles, or that list of songs? Or was it all a setup because you really wanted a picture of our moderatrix, but you didn't want her to know you were taking it? ;)

Dexter_italy
05-13-2012, 07:01 AM
the photobomber is the setlist there :D

jacknife737
05-13-2012, 08:48 AM
Very nice: The Offspring, Ignition songs AND free tacos?!?! Safe to say I'm more than a little jealous!

Oxygene
05-13-2012, 09:20 AM

Shes even prettier in person ;)

Camilamazed
05-13-2012, 09:33 AM
Awesome, Sarah! =D

Playing One Fine Day, The Offspring? You are doing it right!

Sil
05-13-2012, 10:22 AM
Wow, looks like a great event to have been at! Glad you (and others) had fun! And very cool set list!! Burn it Up?? AWESOME.

Also, best photobomb ever. Having the Offspring bbs mod photobomb your picture of the setlist + the Offspring themselves? Actually, what is that a picture of? Lol. Were you trying to take a picture of Dexter and Noodles, or that list of songs? Or was it all a setup because you really wanted a picture of our moderatrix, but you didn't want her to know you were taking it? ;)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All I wanted was to get a picture with the Dexter and Noodles on the background with something that would sugest I went to that event, since photos were not allowed inside.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
05-13-2012, 02:22 PM
Seconded. I didn't know that a girl who spends so much time moderating an internet forum could be so beautiful.

I wish I lived in California. Sounds like there's a lot of good shows around there.

Little_Miss_1565
05-13-2012, 03:01 PM
Aw, shucks you guys. I'm glad that I still look good in a photo where I accidentally show up blurry in the background. :)

Cool to hate, bummed I didn't get to meet you in person.

I also just want to say that Dexter and Noodles are super nice and also awesome. I didn't get to talk to Greg or Pete (or Todd), so fuck those guys :mad:. No, seriously, it was just a cool, chill hang with friends and family in attendance. Oh, and if you're not jealous enough yet, we also got cookies before the band's set. Best show ever!

Dexter_italy
05-13-2012, 03:07 PM
Aw, shucks you guys. I'm glad that I still look good in a photo where I accidentally show up blurry in the background. :)

!

you're breaking hearts here! moderate yourself ahaha.... on serious things...were the coockies with offspringish logo? and did they throw them at you? :D

Little_Miss_1565
05-13-2012, 03:09 PM
on serious things...were the coockies with offspringish logo? and did they throw them at you? :D

Nah, they passed them out really nicely. Peanut butter cookies with a Hershey's Kiss in the middle. They were soft and delicious.

Dexter_italy
05-13-2012, 03:13 PM
Nah, they passed them out really nicely. Peanut butter cookies with a Hershey's Kiss in the middle. They were soft and delicious.

I'm going to bed hungry... ar least I have a drummer who works in a bakery and takes all kinds of sweetness at rehearsals...tomorrow is the day! :D

still, 2012 seems a wonderful year to be an offspring fan, they're really the best, can't and won't stop saying it

RonWelty
05-13-2012, 03:24 PM
Hey Dexter, don't forget to bring cookies for both London shows. You don't want to see me angry...

cool 2 hate 681
05-13-2012, 03:40 PM

I also just want to say that Dexter and Noodles are super nice and also awesome. I didn't get to talk to Greg or Pete (or Todd), so fuck those guys :mad:. No, seriously, it was just a cool, chill hang with friends and family in attendance. Oh, and if you're not jealous enough yet, we also got cookies before the band's set. Best show ever!

yeah same here hopefully next offspring show we can have a bbs meetup with some people from the forums:)

Camilamazed
05-13-2012, 03:41 PM
yeah same here hopefully next offspring show we can have a bbs meetup with some people from the forums:)

Sil got to meet you. I didn't. :(

Oh, You had delicious cookies? The front row at the Ignition show had shots of Jäger! Both would be good though.

cool 2 hate 681
05-13-2012, 03:42 PM
Sil got to meet you. I didn't. :(

yeah im sorry about that:( hopefully next time

AllIn All It's Not So Bad
05-13-2012, 05:32 PM

Now I actually wanna meet LM and have a beer or coffee with her. I would died of a massive hearty attack if they played Forever and a Day, which sort of defeats the purpose of requesting it :D

Supa
05-13-2012, 06:23 PM
Sounds like a great time!

hshduppsnt
05-13-2012, 07:57 PM

Free Cookies AND Tacos? forget the music I'm just upset I missed out on that!

Hopefully I won't be in London next time! Bah came back to LA one day too late.

hshduppsnt
05-13-2012, 08:00 PM
you're breaking hearts here! moderate yourself ahaha.... on serious things...were the coockies with offspringish logo? and did they throw them at you? :D

This post wins.

_Way_Down_the_Line_
05-13-2012, 08:05 PM
hope that when they come to argentina this year or next, that they will have this same enthusiasm about this of doing rehearsals and other stuff so we can meet them too, but one thing, no more cookies that's for Sissies, just the music, beer, smokes and girlsss ! :cool:

XYlophonetreeZ
05-13-2012, 10:45 PM
I favor nude mods.

This would be a great opening for me to make my second Webdude reference of the day, huh? Too bad. That guy only deserves one per month at best.

Oxygene
05-13-2012, 10:51 PM
Hey Dexter, don't forget to bring cookies for both London shows. You don't want to see me angry...

Last Londond club show I was at they tossed tortilla chips into the crowd

Little_Miss_1565
05-13-2012, 11:47 PM
Hopefully I won't be in London next time! Bah came back to LA one day too late.

I literally know how you feel - my one weekend out of town ended up being the Ignition show, the Weenie Roast, and the video shoot. It's like they had a meeting and were all "OK Sarah's out of town, quick, let's do everything!" ;)

Dexter_italy
05-13-2012, 11:55 PM
I literally know how you feel - my one weekend out of town ended up being the Ignition show, the Weenie Roast, and the video shoot. It's like they had a meeting and were all "OK Sarah's out of town, quick, let's do everything!" ;)

Those may have been your motivations in the mail to send for the rehearsal show :D "wtf guys I was out of town, this time I must be in it!"

Krojd
05-14-2012, 02:08 AM
...and your signature already! ahahahaha

I dont get it :)

Llamas
05-14-2012, 04:17 AM
I favor nude mods.

I can't tell you how much it makes me grin when I see that I once drunkenly contributed something horribly stupid to the board that would never, ever die :D

It's not as awesome, though, as when someone says that irony is like taking off your shoe and there's a hand there instead of a foot.

Lord Phidias
05-14-2012, 09:19 AM

Jojan's left boob is hotter.

hshduppsnt
05-14-2012, 09:46 AM

haha given the timing of it all it does certainly seem that way doesn't it :)

Ryder1234
05-14-2012, 01:27 PM
Last Londond club show I was at they tossed tortilla chips into the crowd

Did they perhaps have Offspring-ish artwork on them?

Oxygene
05-14-2012, 10:17 PM
Did they perhaps have Offspring-ish artwork on them?

This was before the Offspring-ish meme...

Rooster
05-15-2012, 01:33 PM
The front row at the Ignition show had shots of Jäger!

Ignition show had shots of Jäger!

shots of Jäger!

Jäger!

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/224/380/1812-santa-virgencita.png

P.S.: I totally live on the wrong continent :(

Sil
05-15-2012, 04:35 PM
How could I forget about the cookies? One show the band offers you shots, next one you get cookies and tacos...too good to be true...I'm getting spoiled by The Offspring! seriously, WTF??? :D :D :D