PDA

View Full Version : Unshaven women

Alison
05-16-2012, 05:18 AM
So on another forum I post on, there is recently a lot of debate about hair on women - mostly because of this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmBD8WZY4tw

A lot of people (vast majority being male) have expressed that it's "disgusting", "vomit-inducing", "smelly", "unhygienic" etc. and have tried saying that women who don't shave won't be able to find a husband :rolleyes:

Personally, I shave because I feel pressured to - because I really don't want to be sniggered at, and for people to think that I'm unclean (which I feel is complete rubbish - men aren't seen as being disgusting for not shaving). Saying that, I can't really remember the last time I shaved my legs properly - even when I last wore shorts, I really just wasn't bothered about it.

Anyway, it would be interesting to see what opinions are here, and if people seem to find it as revolting as a lot of Irish men appear to.

WebDudette
05-16-2012, 05:30 AM
I don't give a fuck, whatever you find the most comfortable and enjoyable. I wish more women had pubic hair.

Girl on the right is way more attractive, waaaaaay more attractive.

Wooooow, dude is an asshole. I wear closed toed shoes and it's not because I don't like my toe hair, you fucking idiot. Also, I don't find 'people are going to pick on you' as a reason not to do something. I mean, if you don't want to do something because you're a afriad to be picked on, that's one thing. If you're telling other people what they do is wrong and they shouldn't challenge it because other people are going to pick on them, then fuck off. That's what the unattractive womans whole argument is, isn't it? 'I don't have the confidence to do what I want'.

WebDudette
05-16-2012, 05:40 AM
Oh yeah, I'm a pretty damn hairy dude, and people who think that is weird are fucking weird. My asshair is a little frustrating though.

Jesus
05-16-2012, 05:58 AM

ofcourse she is. No fake tan, younger, better haircut, good make up, eyebrows neatly trimmed, but the hairy legs are a turn off though just like the fake tan already is for the left one.

Crap statement though, something for the jezebel crowd. Ofcourse it's part social pressure, part sexual. Just like washing, cutting your hair, shaving your facial, nose and ear hair, etc all is.

Just googled her, drama and theatre student. Figures...

Llamas
05-16-2012, 07:24 AM
Whoa. The chick on the right is WAY more attractive. I dunno how anyone would go for the one on the left... gross.

A lot of people (vast majority being male) have expressed that it's "disgusting", "vomit-inducing", "smelly", "unhygienic" etc. and have tried saying that women who don't shave won't be able to find a husband :rolleyes:
Yeah, I agree - that stuff is a bunch of bullshit. Hair on a human body is none of those things.

I definitely find less hair to be more attractive on either gender. It's just how I'm wired. If men shaved and exfoliated, I'd probably be more attracted to more of them, lol. However, I think the stigma is sick. Personally, I'd like to hold myself to the standards that I hold for a potential partner - that is, don't be gross, take care of yourself, but if the underarm or leg hair or whatever gets long, so what? It's *just hair*. As long as you keep yourself clean regularly, hair doesn't make things dirty.

I only shave my underarms because I hate how people look/stare at me when I don't. It's really uncomfortable in that regard. I shave my legs, though, because I don't like having leg hair. I find leg hair physically uncomfortable and unattractive (again, on both men and women).

Women being expected to shave began less than a hundred years ago, too. And the concept was created for marketing dresses and stuff. Companies came up with the idea that it was bad not to shave. That women would look nicer in their sun dresses if they shaved. Really sad how that's stuck around and still considered a big deal. I'd love it if society didn't care and I could not shave without a second glance. Maybe one day I'll get past what society things and stop shaving, anyway.

personal_loans_1
05-16-2012, 07:50 AM
The worst thing about shaving is that it will never end. It's like this chinese torture with the drop. That's the only reason why I have enough of it sometimes.

Though, there's that laser thing somewhere. I could learn about it, find properly educated cosmetician and get rid of those hairs forever. So all in all I don't feel that bad.

I like smooth skin, especially on legs, it reflects light better. Even if I giggle for a very first second when I see a woman with underarm hairs, I really respect that, this is just my first brainwashed reaction. That's why I wish more women don't shave, I mean, maybe it could buy more freedom to look how you want generally. Anyway, admiring those hairs sounds totally fake to me.

samseby
05-16-2012, 08:14 AM
There's nothing wrong with a little body care, is there? :p

Alison
05-16-2012, 08:24 AM
There's nothing wrong with a little body care, is there? :p

What do you mean?

That shaving = taking care of your body?

I find that shaving and general hair removal is more inclined to irritate my skin and make it horrible and bumpy looking. Not pretty and not comfortable. There's nothing wrong with being hairy, so long as you wash - but that goes for everyone, shaven or unshaven!

samseby
05-16-2012, 08:53 AM
We're talking about what 5 min longer in the shower? For me it's just part of let's call it "daily routine" not a big deal at all ;).
Just like using dental floss, varnishing nails, plucking eyebrows, getting rid of calluses, putting on some makeup, dyeing hair once in a while ...

If it causes irritations or some girl just doesn't want to shave well, to each his own. I wouldn't feel comfortable otherwise but I don't mind girls/women that don't shave or put on makeup etc. ... it's just not for me.

killer_queen
05-16-2012, 09:03 AM
Men are two-faced liars about this hair issue. I always see guys talking about how makeup is so stupid and women are much better without it and they go on and on about being natural is the best and when they are faced with a women who refuses to shave suddenly they turn ugly and claim that she has no self respect. There is nothing natural about waxing or shaving the hair on your body. It is supposed to be there.

I don't like the look of hairy legs so I shave but when I can't be bothered I don't mind going out like that. If men or women don't like it that's their problem. I have always thought people who are extremely disgusted by body hair could be pedophiles. Especially men who are disgusted by pubic hair. Creepy.

And taking care of your body means healthy eating, sports and keeping it clean. Anything else is attempt to be pretty but they usually are the things that harm your body. Hair dying does incredible damage to your hair, manicure again is not good for your nails unless you have ingrown nails, makeup fucks your skin up just like waxing and shaving. Even so called skincare gives temporary results and messes with the oil balance of your skin. Your body knows how to take care of itself.

Jojan
05-16-2012, 09:08 AM
There was some of fuss in Sweden when this was on TV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huZbfmvgJOw#t=10s

There was a couple of Facebook groups insulting that girl. I could not care any less where people keep their hair.

Alison
05-16-2012, 09:53 AM
We're talking about what 5 min longer in the shower? For me it's just part of let's call it "daily routine" not a big deal at all ;).
Just like using dental floss, varnishing nails, plucking eyebrows, getting rid of calluses, putting on some makeup, dyeing hair once in a while ...

If it causes irritations or some girl just doesn't want to shave well, to each his own. I wouldn't feel comfortable otherwise but I don't mind girls/women that don't shave or put on makeup etc. ... it's just not for me.

I don't pluck my eyebrows, dye my hair, varnish my nails, and I wear very little makeup the majority of the time - as killer_queen said, it doesn't mean I don't take care of myself. I just don't feel like I should put in a load of effort to look pretty - I do the essentials, and sometimes a bit more, but that's about it.

That 5 minutes in the shower can be a bit of a hassle - and for me it's usually longer as I have a mole in the middle of my armpit which is a balls to get around. Even if it only takes a small length of time, I don't think people should have to do it.

disclaimer_07
05-16-2012, 10:20 AM
I wish more women had pubic hair.
My thoughts exactly.

Quoted for truth. Even though it's kinda funny that her armpits seem to be hairier than mine, lol.

I only shave my facial hair like every other week, sometimes once a week. I see no problem with unshaven girls/women but hairless legs sure look all nice and neat. Totally not worth the effort though if you ask me.

Also, I favor hairy mods.

Little_Miss_1565
05-16-2012, 10:22 AM
I shave my legs and my underarms because I like how it looks. Same reason why I pluck my eyebrows and exfoliate and get pedicures - I'm vain.

However, I also went to an all-women's college in one of the most liberal areas of the US, and I have been known to go weeks without shaving my legs (though, probably thanks to my Chinese heritage, you can't really tell on me) just because I can't be bothered, generally during the winter. I will also roll out to Yogurtland at 11 PM in sweatpants and a tank top, because I don't give a fuck.

In conclusion, it should be your personal choice whether to shave or not. But it's also someone else's personal choice to think that whatever you choose is weird to them.

Lord Phidias
05-16-2012, 10:31 AM
I think it's a matter of quantity... that girl on the tv show, yes, she is kinda pretty, but she has way too much armpit hair... I personally don't find it attractive... I've met women who haven't trimmed the pubic area, or shaven their armpits and legs for a while, and I don't really care, as long as it doesn't appear disgusting... this girl I was with had very thin hairs and very small amount of it, so it was really unnoticeable, I didn't mind, but I wouldn't be with a woman with more grown hair than me (I am quite hairless O_o)... I don't say it's disgusting, but for me is unnattractive.

Btw, it's understood that people can do whatever they want with their bodies and their lives, I support that, but I wouldn't mate or date someone I don't feel attracted to.

TheNooseIsFalling
05-16-2012, 10:45 AM
Armpit hair and really, really nasty, like, Chewbacca-said-damn-pubic hair are the only things that would bother me on a woman really, I mean, she's not gonna be as hairy as me cuz she's not a dude, and if she is (like, on her underarm or legs), she probably knows it and it bothers her too. Some of the girls I know only have to shave their armpits and lady parts, because they're just not that hairy, and as long as they're not growling I think it's completely fine, and even better than if they shaved what they shouldn't.

Llamas
05-16-2012, 11:07 AM
The absolute worst is when dudes with hairy backs and feet expect women to shave. Seriously, no.

Are you a guy or a girl? If you're a girl and you hold yourself to these standards, then fine. But why should other women have to? Aren't we all different? If you're a guy, do YOU take care of yourself like this? Cause otherwise, you have no right to tell women how they take care of themselves.

Men are two-faced liars about this hair issue. I always see guys talking about how makeup is so stupid and women are much better without it and they go on and on about being natural is the best and when they are faced with a women who refuses to shave suddenly they turn ugly and claim that she has no self respect. There is nothing natural about waxing or shaving the hair on your body. It is supposed to be there.
For real. I met a lot of men like this in CZ. They'd bitch incessantly about how much time their women spent in the bathroom, make fun of women for being so vain, and talk about how much greater they are because they don't care about their own appearances. But then you see the women they choose to be with, and they obviously CHOOSE these qualities. They WANT women who obsess over this stupid shit, and judge women who don't.

And taking care of your body means healthy eating, sports and keeping it clean. Anything else is attempt to be pretty but they usually are the things that harm your body. Hair dying does incredible damage to your hair, manicure again is not good for your nails unless you have ingrown nails, makeup fucks your skin up just like waxing and shaving. Even so called skincare gives temporary results and messes with the oil balance of your skin. Your body knows how to take care of itself.
Damn straight!

In conclusion, it should be your personal choice whether to shave or not. But it's also someone else's personal choice to think that whatever you choose is weird to them.
This is pretty much the summary of this thread. Right on.

I think it's a matter of quantity... that girl on the tv show, yes, she is kinda pretty, but she has way too much armpit hair... I personally don't find it attractive... I've met women who haven't trimmed the pubic area, or shaven their armpits and legs for a while, and I don't really care, as long as it doesn't appear disgusting... this girl I was with had very thin hairs and very small amount of it, so it was really unnoticeable, I didn't mind, but I wouldn't be with a woman with more grown hair than me (I am quite hairless O_o)... I don't say it's disgusting, but for me is unnattractive.

Btw, it's understood that people can do whatever they want with their bodies and their lives, I support that, but I wouldn't mate or date someone I don't feel attracted to.

I agree with this post. Like I said, I don't find a lot of hair attractive, on men nor women, and I'd probably be uninterested in someone who was just super hairy. But is it their responsibility to remove the hair? Hell no.

TheNooseIsFalling
05-16-2012, 11:23 AM
The absolute worst is when dudes with hairy backs and feet expect women to shave. Seriously, no.

Well, from what I've seen, shaving comes naturally to most of the girls I know, like samseby said, it's like part of a daily routine. Now I don't presume to know why that is, maybe it is social pressure, I don't know, it just seems to me that they do it without any dudes expressing any kind of expectation towards them. Also, just to be clear, I should mention that I'm a dude and I do shave A LOT of my parts (that would otherwise bother me), and it kinda comes naturally to me too. No metrosexuality involved.

killer_queen
05-16-2012, 11:34 AM
I also want to say that I like a reasonable amount of hair on men. By reasonable amount I mean no hair on the back. When I see a man without chest hair I immediately picture him shaving his chest and uh, no. Doesn't attract me.

Llamas
05-16-2012, 11:42 AM
Well, from what I've seen, shaving comes naturally to most of the girls I know, like samseby said, it's like part of a daily routine. Now I don't presume to know why that is, maybe it is social pressure, I don't know, it just seems to me that they do it without any dudes expressing any kind of expectation towards them. Also, just to be clear, I should mention that I'm a dude and I do shave A LOT of my parts (that would otherwise bother me), and it kinda comes naturally to me too. No metrosexuality involved.

It's always been ultra unnatural for me. I resisted longer than any of my peers. I was ultimately peer pressured into shaving. I thought it was a stupid idea and did not understand why girls were supposed to do this, but I was so heavily mocked and made fun of that I finally started doing it when I was 14. And I hated it. Now I shave my legs because I find it more comfortable, but I ONLY shave my underarms because when I don't, people are very judgey. It's really dumb, though, to say that it's "natural", considering that people didn't do it 100 years ago. Look at the history of where shaving came from. It's absolutely not natural. And if it comes naturally TO YOU, while it doesn't come naturally to most men, can you possibly imagine that it doesn't come naturally to women, either, minus a few exceptions?

TheNooseIsFalling
05-16-2012, 12:16 PM
It's always been ultra unnatural for me. I resisted longer than any of my peers. I was ultimately peer pressured into shaving. I thought it was a stupid idea and did not understand why girls were supposed to do this, but I was so heavily mocked and made fun of that I finally started doing it when I was 14. And I hated it. Now I shave my legs because I find it more comfortable, but I ONLY shave my underarms because when I don't, people are very judgey. It's really dumb, though, to say that it's "natural", considering that people didn't do it 100 years ago. Look at the history of where shaving came from. It's absolutely not natural. And if it comes naturally TO YOU, while it doesn't come naturally to most men, can you possibly imagine that it doesn't come naturally to women, either, minus a few exceptions?

I didn't mean that women (or men, for that matter) start shaving when, or because they reach a certain age and they feel obliged for some reason, I meant that most of the girls I know that are over, say, 15, from my former class, for example, started shaving seemingly without any social pressure whatsoever, one after another, and no one ever talked about it or mentioned it to them or to anyone else. Around here (my former high school, I mean), open mocking and making fun of people and bullying (verbal or physical) is pretty much non-existent. Some guys may talk shit about someone but they make sure that that person doesn't find out, especially if it's a girl, and that's just how it is. That's why it seemed to me that the girls from my class just kind of started finding out for themselves that they wanted to start shaving (their armpits, mostly).

Llamas
05-16-2012, 12:33 PM
I didn't mean that women (or men, for that matter) start shaving when, or because they reach a certain age and they feel obliged for some reason, I meant that most of the girls I know that are over, say, 15, from my former class, for example, started shaving seemingly without any social pressure whatsoever, one after another, and no one ever talked about it or mentioned it to them or to anyone else. Around here (my former high school, I mean), open mocking and making fun of people and bullying (verbal or physical) is pretty much non-existent. Some guys may talk shit about someone but they make sure that that person doesn't find out, especially if it's a girl, and that's just how it is. That's why it seemed to me that the girls from my class just kind of started finding out for themselves that they wanted to start shaving (their armpits, mostly).

But you keep using the words "seemed" and "seemingly". That's the key word here. Why do you think European didn't shave until Americanization came? Why didn't THEY feel it was natural? Because society didn't put any pressure on them. And I wasn't openly teased. I'd bet you anything that none of the guys in my school knew about the looks girls gave me in the locker room and the sarcastic comments they'd make in my presence (not TO me). Like once there was a doctor visit and we had to remove our shirts, and two girls looked at me, and one said, "I'm really glad I SHAVED my armpits today!" Nobody else in the locker room probably knew they were teasing me. That doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

TheNooseIsFalling
05-16-2012, 01:05 PM
But you keep using the words "seemed" and "seemingly". That's the key word here. Why do you think European didn't shave until Americanization came? Why didn't THEY feel it was natural? Because society didn't put any pressure on them. And I wasn't openly teased. I'd bet you anything that none of the guys in my school knew about the looks girls gave me in the locker room and the sarcastic comments they'd make in my presence (not TO me). Like once there was a doctor visit and we had to remove our shirts, and two girls looked at me, and one said, "I'm really glad I SHAVED my armpits today!" Nobody else in the locker room probably knew they were teasing me. That doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

You're right, I've never heard of anything like that even happening here, but that mentality, that, openly (and sarcasm is pretty open) mocking each other just for the fuck of it, is unimaginable to me here (I'm still talking about my class, and especially the girls from my class, because they're just way too nice /in the sense that they're not dicks/ for anything like that, and I know each of them enough to be certain about that). It's more like, girls would be talking behind each others backs, and they would be nice again face to face. Now this may even be worse, and the person in question may find out about it, but still, it's nowhere near as cruel and obvious as the teasing you mentioned. Also, I'm basing this whole thing on the idea that any kind of mocking like that can only happen within the confines of a certain community (a class, in this case), which may be completely wrong, so I'm not even sure what I'm trying to say here anymore. I guess, I never thought shaving was such a big deal for girls around 15, because the ones I know that do shave simply do not make a big deal out of it, a slight nuisance, tops, and the ones that don't, well, they're not being ridiculed, but it's been kind of impossible for them to find a boyfriend, so maybe that kind of shows how they're viewed by guys.

Lord Phidias
05-16-2012, 01:16 PM
I also want to say that I like a reasonable amount of hair on men. By reasonable amount I mean no hair on the back. When I see a man without chest hair I immediately picture him shaving his chest and uh, no. Doesn't attract me.

I have exactly one hair growing in the middle of my chest, only one, no shaving, would you find it attractive?

I remove it from time to time because it looks funny. It's not my fault to be like this, also not the fault of hairy women to be that way, it's a matter of their preferences, I remove my only hair because it looks weird, so, if these women accept the fact that they live in a culture who won't find their excess of hair attractive (I'm using the word attractive, not acceptable) and don't care too much about it, well, they should shave/wax periodically, but if they really are against this social tendency well, they shouldn't do it at all and protest actively or passively against hair removal, (or not, there might me some people who actually don't make a big deal about it and carry on with their lives) I would passively support it because it's based on freedom.

It's all just about preferences, and people shouldn't hate and mock and bully women who grow their hair proudly.

SuperKnux
05-16-2012, 01:54 PM

Beautifully written! I couldn't agree more.

Isolated Fury
05-16-2012, 02:26 PM
Circumcision.

- Society/family/religion pressures parents' choices.
- Child has no choice.
- Uncircumcised individual will be viewed differently.
- Nothing naturally grows back.
- Foreskin restoration is normally not covered by health insurance and has a low success rate.

Now that that's out of the way, I don't care if a girl shaves or not. Just like their preference to shave, I have a preference in whether a girl shaves. It looks more attractive to me. Personal opinion.

Girls can look unattractive to guys if they don't shave just like guys can look unattractive to girls if they're not cut.

Llamas
05-16-2012, 02:36 PM
Circumcision.

- Society/family/religion pressures parents' choices.
- Child has no choice.
- Uncircumcised individual will be viewed differently.
- Nothing naturally grows back.
- Foreskin restoration is normally not covered by health insurance and has a low success rate.

Now that that's out of the way, I don't care if a girl shaves or not. Just like their preference to shave, I have a preference in whether a girl shaves. It looks more attractive to me. Personal opinion.

Girls can look unattractive to guys if they don't shave just like guys can look unattractive to girls if they're not cut.

But I don't know any women who wouldn't have a relationship with a guy because he's not cut... but I do know a lot of men who wouldn't have a relationship with a girl because she doesn't shave. Otherwise it's a fair comparison.

killer_queen
05-16-2012, 02:40 PM
Circumcision is God's order, you can't compare the two. If God wanted me to cut any part of my body or shave my legs I would do it gladly.

Isolated Fury
05-16-2012, 02:43 PM
But I don't know any women who wouldn't have a relationship with a guy because he's not cut... but I do know a lot of men who wouldn't have a relationship with a girl because she doesn't shave. Otherwise it's a fair comparison.
I'm not so sure. I've heard some pretty outlandish remarks that parallel the shaving culture. It's dirty. It's gross. It makes me want to vomit. Now when you are talking about relationships, that could be different depending on the person. Any asshole/bitch could be close-minded enough to just rule those people out for any sort of relationship - long-term or one night stand. But you can't rule out falling in love with someone. If you grow to know, understand, and care about a person, I'm sure you can overlook anything if you truly "love" them. Otherwise, you don't want a relationship with them. You just want to smoosh your giggle-bits with their giggle-bits.

Isolated Fury
05-16-2012, 02:48 PM
Circumcision is God's order, you can't compare the two. If God wanted me to cut any part of my body or shave my legs I would do it gladly.
Today's society doesn't always circumcise because of their religion. Actually, anymore I'd venture to say that fewer and fewer circumcisions are based on religious reasons.

Now don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to change the topic. I am just playing the neutral field here - asking everyone to just stop. Take some time to think. It's important to me to bring up both sides of the argument.

killer_queen
05-16-2012, 03:01 PM
I was actually quite surprised when I found out that in US circumcision was common among people who were even not Jewish or Muslim. They keep on saying that it's for health issues but I've never seen anyone uncircumcised having problems with their dicks. I can understand it when it's done for religious reasons but why do it if you're not a Jew or Muslim? I can't imagine a mother worrying about his son's future sex partners' views about the appearance of his penis.

Alison
05-16-2012, 03:27 PM
In case anyone has got the wrong idea, I'm not saying that everyone should not shave and I don't think wrongly of people who just aren't that attracted to it.

I personally am not attracted to guys with hairy backs. Each to one's own and all.
I'm just trying to understand the ridiculously strong reactions that were written in that forum saying that it's 'disgusting' and 'vomit-inducing'. Things like that are what make me scared to just go outside and not worry if I've shaved my armpits that morning.

Re: circumcision: I think that's a different matter - it's not like yer penis is on show every time you wear shorts (unless it's like...really long) or wear a tank top.

Llamas
05-16-2012, 03:32 PM
I'm not so sure. I've heard some pretty outlandish remarks that parallel the shaving culture. It's dirty. It's gross. It makes me want to vomit. Now when you are talking about relationships, that could be different depending on the person. Any asshole/bitch could be close-minded enough to just rule those people out for any sort of relationship - long-term or one night stand. But you can't rule out falling in love with someone. If you grow to know, understand, and care about a person, I'm sure you can overlook anything if you truly "love" them. Otherwise, you don't want a relationship with them. You just want to smoosh your giggle-bits with their giggle-bits.

On second thought, I'd also have to say that I know way more uncircumcised men (for some reason, men like to talk about this stuff...) than I know women who don't shave. I do honestly think that circumcision is a bit less ingrained in society than women shaving. And the few women I do know who don't shave, pretty much have never had boyfriends (a couple have never had a boyfriend)... but most of the uncircumcised guys I know have girlfriends or are married. Probably has something to do with the fact that you date a guy before finding out if he's circumcised, while whether or not a woman shaves is immediately apparent. Not easily hidden until you get to know someone.

Alison
05-16-2012, 03:47 PM
On second thought, I'd also have to say that I know way more uncircumcised men (for some reason, men like to talk about this stuff...) than I know women who don't shave. I do honestly think that circumcision is a bit less ingrained in society than women shaving. And the few women I do know who don't shave, pretty much have never had boyfriends (a couple have never had a boyfriend)... but most of the uncircumcised guys I know have girlfriends or are married. Probably has something to do with the fact that you date a guy before finding out if he's circumcised, while whether or not a woman shaves is immediately apparent. Not easily hidden until you get to know someone.

Was also thinking this.

Since when has circumcision been such a huge deal? I'm guessing it's just in the US, as the majority of guys here are not - in fact, I think there's more stigma attached to being circumcised here than not.

TheNooseIsFalling
05-16-2012, 03:54 PM
I'm just trying to understand the ridiculously strong reactions that were written in that forum saying that it's 'disgusting' and 'vomit-inducing'.

I guess, guys are much more used to shaved women, to the point where an unshaved woman is unaccaptable. It's that simple. I cannot think of a single guy who would find a big batch of armpit hair on a woman attractive, so I don't think it's a question of attractiveness. Between the two women in the interview though, the one who doesn't shave is the more attractive.

Llamas
05-16-2012, 04:01 PM
Was also thinking this.

Since when has circumcision been such a huge deal? I'm guessing it's just in the US, as the majority of guys here are not - in fact, I think there's more stigma attached to being circumcised here than not.

There is. That's actually another fair argument. Circumcision is really only a big deal in the US and I guess Muslim countries, while women shaving is like, the entire developed world.

I guess, guys are much more used to shaved women, to the point where an unshaved woman is unaccaptable. It's that simple. I cannot think of a single guy who would find a big batch of armpit hair on a woman attractive, so I don't think it's a question of attractiveness. Between the two women in the interview though, the one who doesn't shave is the more attractive.

And you think women find a big batch of armpit hair on men attractive? Hint: they don't.

Lord Phidias
05-16-2012, 04:08 PM
I remembered about this http://www.offspring.com/community/showthread.php?t=44071

TheNooseIsFalling
05-16-2012, 04:13 PM
And you think women find a big batch of armpit hair on men attractive? Hint: they don't.

I know, I know. There are, however, some women who consider a guy with a shaved armpit "weird", and I know that for a fact. Men, on the other hand, will never think the same thing about a woman. I don't think there are exceptions here.

Llamas
05-16-2012, 04:25 PM
I know, I know. There are, however, some women who consider a guy with a shaved armpit "weird", and I know that for a fact. Men, on the other hand, will never think the same thing about a woman. I don't think there are exceptions here.

Again, that's just because society expects it. It's "normal". Well, someone decided it was "normal" some 80 or 90 years ago, anyway... so we're all used to it.

By the way, just like Alison, I don't think everyone should not shave, and I see nothing wrong with simply not being attracted to it. I just don't like the way society pressure women into shaving.

TheNooseIsFalling
05-16-2012, 05:02 PM
Again, that's just because society expects it. It's "normal". Well, someone decided it was "normal" some 80 or 90 years ago, anyway... so we're all used to it.

By the way, just like Alison, I don't think everyone should not shave, and I see nothing wrong with simply not being attracted to it. I just don't like the way society pressure women into shaving.

Well, I never said I agree with how these things turned out over time, and I don't think that women should be judged if they don't shave. I certainly don't judge them. I'm not attracted to them, but I don't judge them.

mrconeman
05-16-2012, 05:14 PM
As far as the video Emer is fucking way more attractive than Barbie, Jesus fuck how can anyone think otherwise?

Also hearing English people say the Irish name Emer turning to ash in their mouths is pretty gross.

EEMUUHHHH

jacknife737
05-16-2012, 05:24 PM
As long as a person is comfortable it really doesn't matter. Admittedly I do prefer the "shaven leg" look on a women, but I've got some chest hair that I have no intention of shaving so to each their own.

Llamas
05-16-2012, 05:25 PM
Well, I never said I agree with how these things turned out over time, and I don't think that women should be judged if they don't shave. I certainly don't judge them. I'm not attracted to them, but I don't judge them.

Do you think women have a responsibility to shave? And also, "I'm not attracted to them" - do you not find the woman on the right in the video attractive? Cause you'd definitely be in the minority here.

As far as the video Emer is fucking way more attractive than Barbie, Jesus fuck how can anyone think otherwise?

This can't be stated enough. I really don't understand how anyone could ever debate that.

TheNooseIsFalling
05-16-2012, 05:54 PM
Do you think women have a responsibility to shave? And also, "I'm not attracted to them" - do you not find the woman on the right in the video attractive? Cause you'd definitely be in the minority here.

What exactly did I say here that would imply that I think shaving should be a "responsibility" for women? No, I don't think so. I think women should shave if they feel like it. Now, obviously, the most likely thing to make girls around 14 feel inclined, I think, is social pressure, and that can be a lot of things, not just being made fun of, but if they discover it for themselves, I think there's nothing wrong with that. And all these things can apply to men as well, but they are much less likely to be looked down upon if they don't shave, and that's what's kind of wrong. And, as I've said before, I do find the woman on the right MORE attractive than the other one, but actually seeing her armpit hair is a bit of a turnoff.

Llamas
05-16-2012, 06:28 PM
What exactly did I say here that would imply that I think shaving should be a "responsibility" for women? No, I don't think so. I think women should shave if they feel like it.
I know you didn't say that it should be a responsibility - that's why I asked. :)

Now, obviously, the most likely thing to make girls around 14 feel inclined, I think, is social pressure, and that can be a lot of things, not just being made fun of, but if they discover it for themselves, I think there's nothing wrong with that. And all these things can apply to men as well, but they are much less likely to be looked down upon if they don't shave, and that's what's kind of wrong.
After all that, we agree in the end ;) IF people (men or women) choose to do it themselves because they want to, then that's great. It's the social pressures and expectations that cause a problem.

And, as I've said before, I do find the woman on the right MORE attractive than the other one, but actually seeing her armpit hair is a bit of a turnoff.
Gotcha. I wonder how many people would be cool with body hair if it were accepted as "normal" in society? Probably way more. I also tend to find it to be a bit of a turnoff, myself. But I wouldn't say it makes a woman unattractive to me if she's got hair.

WebDudette
05-16-2012, 06:58 PM

I have a hairy chest and a hairless back. how you doin'? ;)

WebDudette
05-16-2012, 07:05 PM

I know a girl who flat out refuses to date uncircumcised men, shit's ridiculous. Shouldn't be a problem though, I think it's something like 80-85 percent of American's are circumcised. I watched a documentary about a trend in the UK where full grown women are getting labiaplasty, that's weird. I mean, if you have a serious problem where you're outer labia is getting stuck in your zipper or something, that's one thing. These women were doing it for cosmetic reasons though.

I certainly don't find it attractive, but I don't necessarily find it all that unattractive, and it's certainly not a deal breaker. As I stated earlier in the thread though, I do prefer women who have pubic hair to those without. Similarly, dudes who with shaved junk look really weird, especially if they are fat enough to have that pubic fat pouch. I'm not saying men shouldn't maintain their pubic hair, just that a full shave is really damn weird.

Llamas
05-16-2012, 07:16 PM
I know a girl who flat out refuses to date uncircumcised men, shit's ridiculous.

What the fuck. People who reject people for petty things like circumcision or armpit hair are indeed fucking ridiculous. Jesus. Can people learn to be a little less shallow? Hell, I find body hair to be a turn-off, and I dated a guy a few years ago who was hairy as fuck. Thick, dark hair everywhere. I found the hair unattractive, but he kept himself clean, was attractive otherwise, and we had great conversation. I don't get why more people (well, I'd have to say men, because women obviously don't bolt because of hair as often) can't see past something so petty.

WebDudette
05-16-2012, 07:18 PM
What about women who don't like bald dudes?

Llamas
05-16-2012, 07:26 PM
What about women who don't like bald dudes?

Also stupid (I feel bad for bald(ing) guys because there's really no solution for it), but I don't know any men who have a serious problem finding a girlfriend because they're balding. Never heard anyone call them "freaks" and stuff for it, either. It's not attractive, though, but I think it'd be completely ridiculous to turn someone down cause they're bald, or to judge them for it.

WebDudette
05-16-2012, 07:36 PM
http://i.imgur.com/faIwh.jpg

mrconeman
05-16-2012, 07:46 PM
Seriously though shouldn't balding men just shave it off and go full bald?

Nobody can rock a skullet well.

WebDudette
05-16-2012, 07:51 PM
WHAATCHU SAY, BROOOOOTHER!?

http://i.imgur.com/FS6l7.jpg

mrconeman
05-16-2012, 07:52 PM
I'd like to change my former wording.

*EVERYBODY* can rock a skullet well.
BROTHER

http://blogs.citypages.com/gimmenoise/ventura.jpg

Little_Miss_1565
05-16-2012, 08:02 PM
Seriously though shouldn't balding men just shave it off and go full bald?

Nobody can rock a skullet well.

Devin Townsend says fuuuuuck you

http://love-it-loud.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Devin+Townsend-276x300.jpg

(though he says he shaved it off and went fully bald because his wife didn't want to have sex with him anymore. lol.)

Llamas
05-16-2012, 08:07 PM
(though he says he shaved it off and went fully bald because his wife didn't want to have sex with him anymore. lol.)

HAAAA that's a pretty god-awful hairstyle, I must admit... his wife made a good choice ;)

TheNooseIsFalling
05-17-2012, 03:00 AM
I know you didn't say that it should be a responsibility - that's why I asked. :)

Oh, sorry then, I didn't mean to whine

Alison
05-17-2012, 03:26 AM
Apparently this is the new thing to do in India:

http://jezebel.com/5900928/your-vagina-isnt-just-too-big-too-floppy-and-too-hairyits-also-too-brown

Perhaps along the lines of circumcision and stuff. I don't see how people get caught up in that shit! Also, it's a funny article.

Llamas
05-17-2012, 05:46 AM
Apparently this is the new thing to do in India:

http://jezebel.com/5900928/your-vagina-isnt-just-too-big-too-floppy-and-too-hairyits-also-too-brown

Perhaps along the lines of circumcision and stuff. I don't see how people get caught up in that shit! Also, it's a funny article.

The article is awesome - well-written and hilarious :D The video makes NO SENSE. Haha. And otherwise, this is sad shit. "God, I was just saying the other day that my misogyny didn't have enough racism in it." It's funny, but it's also depressingly true...

samseby
05-20-2012, 07:14 AM
Are you a guy or a girl? If you're a girl and you hold yourself to these standards, then fine. But why should other women have to? Aren't we all different? If you're a guy, do YOU take care of yourself like this? Cause otherwise, you have no right to tell women how they take care of themselves.

Girl ;)
The things I do just make ME feel comfortable.

It's not like I feel pressured to pluck my eyebrows or dye my hair etc. and I'd never do it just for some guy (like one of my friends used to ... poor little thing)

And speaking of damages ... well I guess these tiny little things I do are still ok ;); I'd never ever use botox or get cosmetic surgery though (let alone use some of this Intimate Wash :p ).

Baldwin
05-20-2012, 02:52 PM
I think that fully grown women need to stop bitching about "society pressuring them" and take the time to remind themselves that they're fully grown women ; not insecure, impressionable teenagers.

TheJakes84
05-24-2012, 01:49 AM
My thoughts exactly.

Quoted for truth. Even though it's kinda funny that her armpits seem to be hairier than mine, lol.

I only shave my facial hair like every other week, sometimes once a week. I see no problem with unshaven girls/women but hairless legs sure look all nice and neat. Totally not worth the effort though if you ask me.

Also, I favor hairy mods.
That's ultra-sexy! I find it so hot when a man takes good care of himself. Well, I take good care of myself and keep it smooth and decent.

Alison
05-24-2012, 04:49 AM
I think that fully grown women need to stop bitching about "society pressuring them" and take the time to remind themselves that they're fully grown women ; not insecure, impressionable teenagers.

Hmm, yes, true. But, it's kind of hard when people stare and laugh at you for making your own choices. I know it's something I shouldn't care about, but it's not that easy. Maybe when I'm older I'll care less and less (I hope), but alas, I am only a few years out of being an insecure teenager.

JohnnyNemesis
05-24-2012, 10:30 AM
seriously though shouldn't balding men just shave it off and go full bald?

:'( :'( :'(

Degstur Lolland
05-30-2012, 09:07 PM

I don't like the look of hairy legs so I shave but when I can't be bothered I don't mind going out like that. If men or women don't like it that's their problem. I have always thought people who are extremely disgusted by body hair could be pedophiles. Especially men who are disgusted by pubic hair. Creepy.

Way to be a two-faced liar, I'd accept your feminist stance if you stopped shaving your legs.

I could not care any less where people keep their hair.
Says someone who keeps his nails in a jug?

PS: Guyz, how much does you pile of hair weighs?

I'm not a monkey with chesthair. A long way to go for Turkey.

I'm just trying to understand the ridiculously strong reactions that were written in that forum saying that it's 'disgusting' and 'vomit-inducing'. Things like that are what make me scared to just go outside and not worry if I've shaved my armpits that morning.
You shouldn't take those reactions too seriously, it can easily get out of hands, but I'm not saying that they are lying or that there is not some truth to it. It's all about keeping it sane.

It depends what kind of people say it and how serious they are. It could be that some people are against hair in public because they think it's acceptable to say it openly. Then, there is some small percentage of people who lie like in political polls.

mrconeman
05-31-2012, 07:16 AM
Awesome read ^

:'( :'( :'(
i so srry :(:(
u hype
u hypest
(Actually I think you'd have swag fully bald)