PDA

View Full Version : Donna Summer is DEAD

Isolated Fury
05-17-2012, 01:36 PM
Donna Summer, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame nominee and award-winning songstress, died today at the age of 63. They said it on the air, on the radio.

Whoa, oh, oh, oh.

Llamas
05-17-2012, 02:22 PM
I'm finding this one funny. I don't know a SINGLE person who was actually a Donna Summer fan... The only time anyone I know has ever talked about her was in reference to that old SNL skit (Simmer down now!) And yet my Facebook is flooded with "omg! RIP Donna Summer :( :(" crap. People will pretend to care about anything in order to seem compassionate and to fit in :P

Lord Phidias
05-17-2012, 03:39 PM
Guess she can't sing "being alive" anymore... my best wishes to her disco family.

EDIT

I felt bad, this is not my joke, I read it somewhere, just wanted to beat you guys to it, lol.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
05-17-2012, 07:59 PM
Guess she can't sing "being alive" anymore... my best wishes to her disco family.

EDIT

I felt bad, this is not my joke, I read it somewhere, just wanted to beat you guys to it, lol.
Don't make me laugh at death.......

Omni
05-17-2012, 08:01 PM
All this death is putting me in the mood for another BBS death pool. Probably because I won the last one. I'll fucking do it again, too.

jacknife737
05-17-2012, 08:13 PM
Couldn't think of a single song title of her's off the top of my head. 63 is fairly young to die, so that's pretty shifty.

Llamas
05-18-2012, 07:55 AM
All this death is putting me in the mood for another BBS death pool. Probably because I won the last one. I'll fucking do it again, too.

Chuck Norris would go on mine. And Betty White, though I hate the thought of her going... she's super awesome.

Degstur Lolland
05-18-2012, 09:06 AM
Can't believe that Bush and Hefner are still alive. :D

Omni
05-18-2012, 10:32 AM
I think Betty White, Bush Sr., and Hefner were all on my 2009 list, lol. I DID get a Golden Girl with Bea Arthur, though.

killer_queen
05-18-2012, 12:13 PM
I'm finding this one funny. I don't know a SINGLE person who was actually a Donna Summer fan... The only time anyone I know has ever talked about her was in reference to that old SNL skit (Simmer down now!) And yet my Facebook is flooded with "omg! RIP Donna Summer :( :(" crap. People will pretend to care about anything in order to seem compassionate and to fit in :P

I agree with you like I always do. And I also find it repulsive when people make all kinds of mean jokes after celebrity deaths to make themselves look careless and cool. I think it's no different than trying to look compassionate. Don't get me wrong, I believe everything can be made fun of from celebrity deaths to 9/11. But making fun of it just for the sake of making fun of it and being unfunny is completely different.

Llamas
05-18-2012, 01:30 PM
I also agree with you, Miss Gulsah. As usual. <3

I just had to post this. Terrible quality, but it's the only one I could find that's available in my region. I'm pretty sure this is what she was best known for by anyone in our age demographic, haha. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSbBF45q0cI

TheJakes84
05-24-2012, 01:42 AM
REST iN PEACE. :(

julabard
06-03-2012, 04:07 AM
I didn't know who Donna Summers is/was. I had to look her up. Oh well.