PDA

View Full Version : BBS Mixtape 7, submit yer shiet

Ryder1234
05-18-2012, 09:29 PM
Due to the deadline being (hopefully) this Sunday, I'm gonna post this here for the people who might not read Your Band by then. Submit somethinggggg, anything. Check this thread for all the info on how!

http://www.offspring.com/community/showthread.php?t=44540

T-6005
05-18-2012, 11:39 PM
Pretty sure I ended up releasing the songs I submitted for the mixtape, but considering the fact that no one checks Your Band I'll resubmit.

Llamas
05-19-2012, 05:23 AM
Basically, submit yo' songs to ME, suckas. Homer has fallen off the face of the earth, so I'm trying to get this thing off the ground for him. Send me a PM and I'll get it together tomorrow if I have enough (I've decided the magic number is 9) by then. If not, I'll delay it by a week. So far, I have submissions from Static and Mike.

ad8
05-19-2012, 05:32 AM
Basically, submit yo' songs to ME, suckas. Homer has fallen off the face of the earth, so I'm trying to get this thing off the ground for him. Send me a PM and I'll get it together tomorrow if I have enough (I've decided the magic number is 9) by then. If not, I'll delay it by a week. So far, I have submissions from Static and Mike.

But did Homer give you the stuff people submitted? (cause I am pretty sure I submitted something at some point) If I need to resubmit then that will take me about 2 more days, so you can count on me to contribute if you give me that much time ;)

Llamas
05-19-2012, 05:37 AM
But did Homer give you the stuff people submitted? (cause I am pretty sure I submitted something at some point) If I need to resubmit then that will take me about 2 more days, so you can count on me to contribute if you give me that much time ;)

Homer hasn't posted in that thread since February. He's nowhere to be found. :( So no, he hasn't submitted anything anywhere. I doubt I'll have enough songs by tomorrow, so you should have plenty of time :)

Homer
05-21-2012, 03:16 PM
sdjhjeellellellelelelelfdhjsf

Llamas
05-21-2012, 03:19 PM
sdjhjeellellellelelelelfdhjsf

Is that all you've got to say for yourself, sir?? After all you've put these fine musicians through?? :eek::mad:

personal_loans_1
05-22-2012, 05:18 AM
This thread was supposed to inform that there's going to be another mixtape. And you have one day to submit. Not that it wasn't hopeless before, but it made it even more hopeless. I mean for new people to join. Though deadlines are nothing. I know, I know. I just wanted to say that I've found quite cool melody finally and I've got 2 lines already and I'm sure that my song will be ready before mixtape 35 or 33.

T-6005
05-22-2012, 08:10 AM
People are free to submit existing work. That's what I'm doing. It's just meant to be a fun community showcase for the music we make, not a 'write a song in a day' challenge.

personal_loans_1
05-22-2012, 09:25 AM
And most of you if not all have something to pick from? Well, ok. My memory confirms that all in all.

I'm not sure if I asked that question before, but do you know where could I find mixtape #1? I'm curious if it sounds as professional as the last ones I've heard. I asked about first podcast, not sure if about mixtapes too.

Ryder1234
05-22-2012, 12:07 PM
This thread was supposed to inform that there's going to be another mixtape. And you have one day to submit. Not that it wasn't hopeless before, but it made it even more hopeless.

Well thing is, this mixtape was supposed to come out around the start of 2012, if we had all actually tried to be on schedule back then. It had been way too long and nothing was happening, so it was just kinda "we need to get this out, there's no way we haven't all finished something by now" There were people who had actually already submitted back when the thread was first active as well.

If it were a new mixtape that we were just announcing, there'd be like a month or so until the deadline, but this time around we just need to finish it.

Llamas
05-22-2012, 12:57 PM
This thread was supposed to inform that there's going to be another mixtape. And you have one day to submit. Not that it wasn't hopeless before, but it made it even more hopeless. I mean for new people to join. Though deadlines are nothing. I know, I know. I just wanted to say that I've found quite cool melody finally and I've got 2 lines already and I'm sure that my song will be ready before mixtape 35 or 33.

Plus, you know, if you'd even read my post (let alone the original thread which was linked in the very first post), you would've seen that I delayed the deadline for a week. And yes, this mixtape was supposed to come out in February or so, so people have had plenty of time to prepare for it.

Oh, and this is likely to be the last mixtape, it seems. So mixtape 35 will not exist.

And most of you if not all have something to pick from? Well, ok. My memory confirms that all in all.
You don't have any songs you've already written? This is your first one that you're working on? That seems strange.

I'm not sure if I asked that question before, but do you know where could I find mixtape #1? I'm curious if it sounds as professional as the last ones I've heard. I asked about first podcast, not sure if about mixtapes too.
Only if someone who has it is willing to upload the first mixtape to a zip or rar somewhere.

Ryder1234
05-22-2012, 04:52 PM
\I'm not sure if I asked that question before, but do you know where could I find mixtape #1? I'm curious if it sounds as professional as the last ones I've heard. I asked about first podcast, not sure if about mixtapes too.

Only if someone who has it is willing to upload the first mixtape to a zip or rar somewhere.

https://rapidshare.com/files/189793599/mixtape_vol_1.zip Here ya go!

AllIn All It's Not So Bad
05-22-2012, 06:39 PM
I have a confession. I have never listened to any one of the Mixtapes. I always just dismissed them as meh. However, i'm intrigued by the fact that Red says they sound professional and I am eager to hear llamas music since I tried to look for some of her songs on myspace(to evaluate your voice of course) and I couldn't find any

Static_Martyr
05-22-2012, 07:53 PM
I'd upload it myself for ya, Red., but I actually only have Mixtapes 2 through 6 on my computer right now (and I only know where 3 through 6 are, as I seem to have misplaced 2, which sucks because it was my first mixtape!). Although I second the motion; it would be cool if someone could upload number 1, so I could hear what I missed! And maybe 2 as well, since I can't find it? :D

Anyhoo, I'm hard at work on my submission. Should be done by Friday at the absolute latest (I actually plan to finish most of it tomorrow).

Ryder1234
05-22-2012, 08:42 PM
Although I second the motion; it would be cool if someone could upload number 1, so I could hear what I missed! And maybe 2 as well, since I can't find it? :D

https://rapidshare.com/files/189793599/mixtape_vol_1.zip Here ya go!

;) I didn`t upload vol.2 though, I might get around to it tonight haha

I can't remember the artist of some of the songs though - I had changed every song's artist to "The BBS Mixtape" so I could avoid a bunch of one song artists on my ipod, so that's what they're all labeled in the download

Llamas
05-23-2012, 04:03 AM
Would it be of benefit to anyone if I uploaded all the current mixtapes together? Would anyone be interested in that? Mine are labeled well ;)

Llamas
05-23-2012, 04:06 AM
I have a confession. I have never listened to any one of the Mixtapes. I always just dismissed them as meh. However, i'm intrigued by the fact that Red says they sound professional and I am eager to hear llamas music since I tried to look for some of her songs on myspace(to evaluate your voice of course) and I couldn't find any

Oh, I was always one of the weaker entries on the mixtapes (especially in terms of professional quality). Some of the songs I submitted were really bad, but I did get better, at least. I'd have continued to improve if I had my instruments... I think my entries for mixtapes 4 and 5 were the best, if I'm remembering correctly.

Edit: I might throw something old on there, though anyone who actually ever followed my threads and stuff I recorded has heard it.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
05-23-2012, 05:02 PM
Would it be of benefit to anyone if I uploaded all the current mixtapes together? Would anyone be interested in that? Mine are labeled well ;)
I'd be interested.

Llamas
05-23-2012, 06:27 PM
I'm uploading all 6 of them to my Dropbox right now, so if you wanna download them, I think you probably have to have Dropbox. All the tracks are labeled correctly, but I switched out the mixtape versions of a couple of mine for newer versions because the quality is better. Gawd, I just listened to my submission to the first mixtape... I had no idea how to record, and my ability to play the guitar truly did not exist, hahahaha.

AllIn All It's Not So Bad
05-23-2012, 09:02 PM
If I had decent recording equipment I'd be submitting punk instead of dub. Those damn mikes like like fuckin 300 or 400 dollars just to get the guitars to sound right.

Btw, can I submit a preview to one of my tracks on the mixtape?

personal_loans_1
05-24-2012, 03:32 AM
Thanks for uploading vol.1. I was just thinking that I miss instruments like saxophone or trumpet on mixtapes I've heard so far, and here it is on 4th track, sweet. Btw, I recognize first song from opening of 4th mixtape I guess, it's awesome (I mean song).

Jesus Christ, I had no idea that llamas is also there. Which track is yours? I'm truly confused. And why is that strange I haven't wrote any song yet? I somehow find it very funny.
I don't know how exactly dropbox works, but from what I googled it seems like there's no problem to download stuff if you don't have an account. I have 6th and 1st mixtape now, I lost 4th somewhere. So I can double 6th and 1st to get artists names, and others. Link. Link. Link. If that won't work I'd ask you to give me only the names, and ask Static_Martyr to upload what he has. But let's check dropbox first.

Llamas
05-24-2012, 04:28 AM
Haha, fair enough if you haven't written anything before. Just surprising, that's all :)

And my song on the first mixtape was Ich müss früh raus. It was right around one of the very first recordings I ever made with acoustic guitar. Pretty awful, haha.

personal_loans_1
05-24-2012, 05:00 AM
I thought so, but I wasn't sure because of this Deutsch. I actually liked it, kinda like some Rammstein's slow songs. :p Pff. Quality not ears-hurting, so not that bad.

Llamas
05-24-2012, 05:09 AM
Alright, BBS Mixtapes 1-4 are up on my Dropbox, with 5 and 6 coming soon. I'm not sure how to share folders publicly (I usually share directly with someone else who's using Dropbox), so let's try this. First off, does this link work? https://www.dropbox.com/sh/m57q1d2t6kkm4qe/gaKEFdXwXz

I'm guessing it doesn't. If someone can let me know how to share the entire folder (They're all in my Public folder... can I share the whole Public folder, or maybe each of the Mixtape folders which are in the Public folder?), that'd be great :)

personal_loans_1
05-24-2012, 05:19 AM
Works for me, I'll have to download them one by one, but it's okay, I won't have to double anything that way. Thanks.

Llamas
05-24-2012, 05:21 AM
Works for me, I'll have to download them one by one, but it's okay, I won't have to double anything that way. Thanks.

Oh awesome!! Glad it works :) In a few minutes, the rest should be uploaded - I'll move them into folders when they're done, and update the thread to let you know that they're ready.

Also, ad8, you're the Ricetigers, right? You did a song called Future is Now!! I was going through the songs and I was like "Wtf? I put Offspring on here? Wait, I don't even own a copy of that song... what is going on??" :D Well, if the future was then when you wrote the song, then it can't very well be NOW - Offspring, you lose!!

Llamas
05-24-2012, 05:59 AM
All six Mixtapes are now up for download here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/m57q1d2t6kkm4qe/gaKEFdXwXz

I'm also uploading Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace Covered By Us. For anyone who doesn't know, many people from the BBS contributed to covering the entire album together. So that'll also be up later.

I think I've got 6 submissions for the new Mixtape so far - Coke, Coney, Static, Allin, Manic, and ad8. A couple people sent more than one song, so if you only sent one, feel free to send another - I doubt we'll get more than 8 submissions by Sunday, so I think we can put two songs per artist on it. :)

Edit: my Dropbox quota limit has been reached, so I can't move the RFRG covers into a folder and only songs 1-8 uploaded. If anyone is really interested in the last 4 tracks of that tape, let me know. Otherwise I'll leave it.

Static_Martyr
05-24-2012, 07:32 AM
All six Mixtapes are now up for download here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/m57q1d2t6kkm4qe/gaKEFdXwXz

Sweeeeeet! :D Now I finally have the two mixtapes I was missing. Much appreciated! Although....mixtape 2, is there a track 11? Or are they just numbered weird? Because on your dropbox, it seems that track 11 is missing.

I'm also uploading Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace Covered By Us. For anyone who doesn't know, many people from the BBS contributed to covering the entire album together. So that'll also be up later.

I actually still have that one~ Then again, I was one of the contributors....how could I let something like that get deleted or lost? ;)

ThunderPX
05-24-2012, 08:05 AM
I'm trying to record a new track atm, but if I don't get it finished on time I'll just send one of the tracks I sent to Homer your way. I sent like three to him so it'll all work out probably :P

Ryder1234
05-24-2012, 12:23 PM

Haha man, I forgot what the quality was like on that. Doesn't quite match up to what we're all capable of now. Hey, maybe we can get around to finishing Smash and Ignition covered by us eventually when this is all done, haha :p

Llamas
05-24-2012, 02:54 PM
Sweeeeeet! Now I finally have the two mixtapes I was missing. Much appreciated! Although....mixtape 2, is there a track 11? Or are they just numbered weird? Because on your dropbox, it seems that track 11 is missing.
Yeah, track 11 is my track. I explained a few posts ago (in the midst of all the discussion, so probably not noticeable) that I removed my track from a couple of them and added a newer, better recording of them (I think that might be the case with tapes 2 and 3). Cause I totally hate the quality of the original tracks I sent for those two, haha.

I actually still have that one~ Then again, I was one of the contributors....how could I let something like that get deleted or lost?
Same and I agree! ;)

I'm trying to record a new track atm, but if I don't get it finished on time I'll just send one of the tracks I sent to Homer your way. I sent like three to him so it'll all work out probably :P
Cool! Looking forward to hearing what you send :)

Haha man, I forgot what the quality was like on that. Doesn't quite match up to what we're all capable of now. Hey, maybe we can get around to finishing Smash and Ignition covered by us eventually when this is all done, haha :p

Maybe so!! At this point, I can only contribute vocals because of my lack of instruments, and that's rough because my voice (as can be heard on the RFRG one, though it was strangely edited for YGGFK, but Takes Me Nowhere was pretty much my best effort at an Offspring song) isn't really suited for Offspring. But we'll see :)

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
05-24-2012, 07:27 PM
Alright, BBS Mixtapes 1-4 are up on my Dropbox, with 5 and 6 coming soon. I'm not sure how to share folders publicly (I usually share directly with someone else who's using Dropbox), so let's try this. First off, does this link work? https://www.dropbox.com/sh/m57q1d2t6kkm4qe/gaKEFdXwXz

I'm guessing it doesn't. If someone can let me know how to share the entire folder (They're all in my Public folder... can I share the whole Public folder, or maybe each of the Mixtape folders which are in the Public folder?), that'd be great :)
It works for me! Thanks!