PDA

View Full Version : Recording at home

Dexter_italy
05-19-2012, 12:58 AM
Hi, I don't know if it's the right place to post, it may have been in general chat, but since it's for who has a band here it is.

Do any of you record drums at home and have Superior Drums with some cool personal setting? I'm trying to record a new demo with my band and getting a not too fake sound is hard!

T-6005
05-19-2012, 01:25 AM
Giving us an idea of the gear/software you're working with would help out a lot with giving any sort of constructive feedback.

Dexter_italy
05-19-2012, 01:37 AM
I'm using superior drummer 2.0 with cubase5, as soundcard I have a line6 UX1, recorded the drums with a roland TD6. What I'm looking for is some drums presets, I've found many metal, hard rock ones, but nothing punk related.

killboybowerhead
06-08-2012, 03:54 AM
honestly man the way to go is just to let the drums sound fake and just focus on the songwriting. Unless you're for sure set on the song and can't afford a studio recording. Ive had success hanging a condenser mic from the ceiling fan. just find a way to hang them high. Maybe a mic on the bass too depending on what you play. But you can get a very garage sound that I actually think is pretty bad ass. Shitty is pretty sometimes man.

m.offspring.r
06-08-2012, 06:03 AM
Try "Addictive Drums" VST. For me, this VST are much better than Superior Drums