PDA

View Full Version : Lapsed fan.

T-6005
05-19-2012, 12:23 AM
Have to admit to it, I'm not much of a fan of The Offspring anymore. They can go ahead and create whatever the hell they feel like these days, and I'd like to claim like it will have no effect on my enjoyment of the older songs....

Who am I kidding? The present always has a bearing on the past.

Having said that, I'm listening to Dirty Magic and Gotta Get Away tonight, drunk as (relatively speaking) hell, and yet something is speaking to me. A general enjoyment that implies that no matter how strongly these guys sink their career, I'll always be into what they've done.

And I never expected to be that guy. Not the guy who said he wouldn't be into them if 'x' happened, not the guy who claims that the band he likes has objective measure.

But it's good. It's nice. I liked it when I was a twerp and I like it now that I pretend not to be. Whether the new album is overproduced schlock or some surprisingly inspired songwriting, at the end of the day I assume that I'm being mocked and that someone, somewhere is enjoying themselves.

It's not really enough, but it's one way to do it. And that's alright by me. Since when did happiness become the goal?

Little_Miss_1565
05-19-2012, 10:31 AM
And that's alright by me. Since when did happiness become the goal?

Since happiness is enjoyable, and humans dig enjoyability?

But seriously, I think it's natural to not like a band as much as you did at one point in your life, and still have a lot of fondness for the music that band put out when you really liked them.

Degstur Lolland
05-19-2012, 09:43 PM
Dude, I'm telling you they are some of the smartest mofos. :D The more you suffer, the more it shows you really care. :D I guess some people don't like to be reminded of a scary reality, the moment you realize they don't pull the shit out of their ass. I know anger on your heart, does it matter in the end? :D

Still can't wait for the new one and it's looking good so far, but I somehow don't listen to them as much. Too lazy to put old music onto PC and there are still new bands or albums to keep me busy besides tons of other shit. I have to go back to Ignition because of anniversary.

But, I'm a true fan for life.