PDA

View Full Version : YGGFK mixed with Self Esteem

DMelges
05-19-2012, 03:44 PM
Most of you have probably seen THIS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOlDewpCfZQ) before, and if you haven't, you'll surely enjoy it.

Skip to 3:30 to hear a mix of YGGFK with Self Esteem. It sounds really, really nice. So I was thinking, anybody out there willing to try to actually mix these two songs? If done correctly, should sound pretty cool. Might need to change the tempo a bit...

Jojan
05-19-2012, 03:54 PM
I believe that Tjis made a nice one out of an Eagle Eye Cherry song and Self Esteem. Ask her or him.

AllIn All It's Not So Bad
05-19-2012, 06:13 PM
Now that we're talking about this progression, why don't we just mix have you ever, all I want, dammit I changed again, half truism, trust in you, tkaa, end of the line, etc countless songs. You know what, I bet the offspring have 3 more song in the new album that use that progression

/end rant.

I mean, as much as I love the offspring, they're really lackin in the originality department. Allin all their songs are still rockin

DMelges
05-19-2012, 09:10 PM
Now that we're talking about this progression.....

I mean, as much as I love the offspring, they're really lackin in the originality department. Allin all their songs are still rockin

Agreed and disagreed. That progression is magical and it makes the world go round. ;)

Hey wouldn't it be cool if they're were a thread where people would just post songs mixes?

TeddyBear_Army
05-19-2012, 09:22 PM
I don't even fucking know what is this progression thing, I just thought you were listing awesome songs.

Llamas
05-20-2012, 10:09 AM
Now that we're talking about this progression, why don't we just mix have you ever, all I want, dammit I changed again, half truism, trust in you, tkaa, end of the line, etc countless songs. You know what, I bet the offspring have 3 more song in the new album that use that progression

/end rant.

Haha, I can't help but agree with this. They really aren't the most creative or original song writers, but you kind of just have to take what you're given with them. Expecting the Offspring to go out on a limb with their music would be like expecting Madonna to actually have a good voice :D And I think their biggest fans here like that reliable simplicity... there's a reason you see so many fans begging for Ignition II or Smash II... but it's also a big reason they stopped being my favorite band years ago.

dff_punk
05-20-2012, 11:18 AM
Hey wouldn't it be cool if they're were a thread where people would just post songs mixes?

I would make that "chord progression" mix right away if I had the equipment. Not that hard, you just need to arrange it right so the thing can actually be entertaining.