PDA

View Full Version : Dexter's Voice

GamerKT
05-24-2012, 12:58 AM
We all know that Dexter kinda sounded like he was struggling or something during the KROQ Weenie Roast. My question is: Has anyone been to a show after that? Is his voice better now? Is it deteriorating? What's going on?

Dexter_italy
05-24-2012, 01:04 AM
there hasn't been any show for now.

TheJakes84
05-24-2012, 01:06 AM
Dexter obviously had a fever and the only cure was the Kroq's Weenie Roast. :rolleyes: Due to the Alex's Bar/Ignition show. Love Holland's voice!

Degstur Lolland
05-24-2012, 01:22 AM
He must have recovered from it.

Little_Miss_1565
05-24-2012, 09:31 AM
We all know that Dexter kinda sounded like he was struggling or something during the KROQ Weenie Roast. My question is: Has anyone been to a show after that? Is his voice better now? Is it deteriorating? What's going on?

His voice was fine at the rehearsal party thing the following weekend. I think he just party rocked a little too much at Alex's Bar, then couldn't hear himself too well at the Weenie Roast. No big. My friends who were at the Weenie Roast said it didn't sound bad *at the show*, but the webcast is a whole separate ball of wax. No sweat y'all.

Dexter_italy
05-24-2012, 09:33 AM
His voice was fine at the rehearsal party thing the following weekend. I think he just party rocked a little too much at Alex's Bar, then couldn't hear himself too well at the Weenie Roast. No big. My friends who were at the Weenie Roast said it didn't sound bad *at the show*, but the webcast is a whole separate ball of wax. No sweat y'all.

Thee kroq webcast always sound a bit bad...

GamerKT
05-24-2012, 11:55 AM

LittleMiss, would you happen to be from the South? "Ya'll" ain't so common elsewhere. :)

cool 2 hate 681
05-24-2012, 01:12 PM

yeah i was at weenie roast and he sounded great

Degstur Lolland
05-24-2012, 01:41 PM
Was it because he temporarily damaged his ears or just a technical problem? Noodles posted some things you put into ears on FB...

Little_Miss_1565
05-24-2012, 02:27 PM
Was it because he temporarily damaged his ears or just a technical problem? Noodles posted some things you put into ears on FB...

"Ears" is a term meaning the in-ear monitors Noodles just got.

Dexter_italy
05-24-2012, 02:50 PM
Noodles posted a pic of his new (awesome) in-ear monitors. they are headphones where you can listen to what the band's playing. Professional artis get their ear shape for perfect earplugs. :)

Lupin
05-24-2012, 03:06 PM
I saw Dexter today, and his voice has deteriorated to the point where he is barely audible.

But Noodles said that the band will compensate for this.

By playing, really, really, really quietly.

This is true. To the best of my knowledge.

Little_Miss_1565
05-24-2012, 04:00 PM
I saw Dexter today, and his voice has deteriorated to the point where he is barely audible.

Siiiiiiiigh. I know jokes are fun but there are people who take anything written in this manner on the boards and posts them as news items, and then I get phone calls asking me why Punknews or Dying Scene or whoever the fuck is saying that Dexter's voice is fucked and the band is going to start playing tiny instruments to compensate. And then I headdesk so hard that I get a concussion. :(

It sucks to say this, but please don't post stuff like this.

Degstur Lolland
05-24-2012, 04:16 PM
Lal, does it destroy band's image or is it just annoying to debunk it? You'd think more talk about them better.

cool 2 hate 681
05-24-2012, 04:19 PM
it's a shame those websites don't check their sources and will post anything a fan emails to them

Little_Miss_1565
05-24-2012, 05:31 PM
Lal, does it destroy band's image or is it just annoying to debunk it? You'd think more talk about them better.

It's annoying for me, but it's also annoying to the band and it's management to have people just running off at the mouth with shit. But to address the latter half of this post, no - more publicity does not equal better publicity. If that were true, Kim Kardashian should be able to run for president.

it's a shame those websites don't check their sources and will post anything a fan emails to them

It is indeed.

ThunderPX
05-24-2012, 05:53 PM
Every site should just autoban ChrisDude.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
05-24-2012, 08:04 PM

I cannot imagine anyone taking that seriously. Some reporters must be idiots. Anyways, thanks for the laugh :)

Mad Tiger
05-25-2012, 03:16 AM
Siiiiiiiigh. I know jokes are fun but there are people who take anything written in this manner on the boards and posts them as news items, and then I get phone calls asking me why Punknews or Dying Scene or whoever the fuck is saying that Dexter's voice is fucked and the band is going to start playing tiny instruments to compensate. And then I headdesk so hard that I get a concussion. :(

This just in, The Offspring are playing a show tomorrow night at my appartment. Also, Greg K will be on Bass, Guitar, Drums as well as lead and backing vocals. ;)

And in case that wasn't "out there" enough for those very credible and legitimate news sites, that was a joke. ;)

TheNooseIsFalling
05-25-2012, 03:54 AM
His voice wasn't that bad, it's nothing to be worried about. I especially loved Hammerhead and Gone Away from that show.

samseby
05-25-2012, 05:56 AM
[...] no - more publicity does not equal better publicity. If that were true, kim kardashian should be able to run for president.

Ok ... :D .

SåS
06-16-2012, 01:26 AM
His voice has gotten a lot better recently, his range and breathing techniques have improved tremendously. He has lost a bit of power and grit, but it's probably just a different technique.
Which leads to the question, do you think Dexter has gotten singing lessons? Or maybe a vocal coach or something, I'm not sure but he's definitely upped his game so much since the 2009 - 2011 era.

GamerKT
06-16-2012, 01:30 AM
Hah..

http://offspring.com/community/showthread.php?t=46093

SåS
06-16-2012, 02:31 AM
SHIT, how did I not see that, well they'll just merge threads anyway.

nightvision
06-16-2012, 04:54 AM

This is just hilarious.

TheJakes84
06-16-2012, 09:58 AM
The dude's got a Unique voice.

bouncingcoles
06-16-2012, 10:41 AM
Considering how much his voice got from smash to ixnay i say yes he has most definitely had singing lessons. But i dont know if he has recently.