PDA

View Full Version : Days Go By font(s)

Oxygene
05-26-2012, 09:24 AM
What are the exact font names and types being used on Days Go By art work so far? The album cover seems to be some very generic font, but which is it?

Thanks

First one to give me the right answer and point me in the right direction will get one of whatever I need the font for ;)

Krojd
05-26-2012, 09:38 AM
It's a Hoefler text font.

Oxygene
05-26-2012, 09:54 AM

Can you give me a link where I can download it plz?

sneedo83
05-26-2012, 09:58 AM
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=download+Hoefler+font

Oxygene
05-26-2012, 11:03 AM

U win... will u be at Novarock?

Krojd
05-26-2012, 11:06 AM
Unfortunately not, only Brussels.

Oxygene
05-26-2012, 11:20 AM
Unfortunately not, only Brussels.

Ok, well I won't make it to Brussels so um.. anyone you know going to novarock?

Krojd
05-26-2012, 11:43 AM
Ok, well I won't make it to Brussels so um.. anyone you know going to novarock?

I dont know anybody whos going :) Someone who's going to novarock and wants something from Oxy? :) Do with that thing what you want, give it to somebody else... ;)

Oxygene
05-26-2012, 01:53 PM
I dont know anybody whos going :) Someone who's going to novarock and wants something from Oxy? :) Do with that thing what you want, give it to somebody else... ;)

You sure? You earned it...

Krojd
05-26-2012, 02:26 PM
You sure? You earned it...

Well, I can't get it, so yea ;)

Oxygene
05-26-2012, 02:43 PM
Well, I can't get it, so yea ;)

I can mail it to you... It would just make more sense to not risk losing it.

Krojd
05-26-2012, 02:54 PM
I can mail it to you... It would just make more sense to not risk losing it.

Alright then, I will send you pm with my email :)

Oxygene
05-26-2012, 03:01 PM
Alright then, I will send you pm with my email :)
PM me whatever name you wnat to see on it...

Camilamazed
05-26-2012, 03:12 PM
While you guys are at it, would you please give a link for the Ignition font? I want to tattoo the offspring and the date of the long beach show. =)

MAXTER
05-26-2012, 03:14 PM
While you guys are at it, would you please give a link for the Ignition font? I want to tattoo the offspring and the date of the long beach show. =)

that's a nice idea! :)

Oxygene
05-26-2012, 03:16 PM

I don't think I could ever pick a show that is so special compared to the other ones that I would get it tattood... maybe the last one ever?

Camilamazed
05-26-2012, 03:16 PM
that's a nice idea! :)

Thanks. Very special moment of my life.

Krojd
05-27-2012, 12:29 PM
Camilamazed, I did some searching and all I know is that the "ignition" on Ignition cover is in Amalthea (SH or SB - not a big difference, or any at all) font. I will try to find out the rest - or let me know which one are you looking for.

Jojan
05-27-2012, 01:15 PM
Camilamazed, I did some searching and all I know is that the "ignition" on Ignition cover is in Amalthea (SH or SB - not a big difference, or any at all) font. I will try to find out the rest - or let me know which one are you looking for.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amalthea
"Amalthea, a ship bombed by the communist Anton Nilson in Malmö, Sweden in 1908."

That is why The Offspring chose it.

Camilamazed
05-27-2012, 02:59 PM
I don't think I could ever pick a show that is so special compared to the other ones that I would get it tattood... maybe the last one ever?

I know what you mean because I can't pick one as the best. However, the LB show was special because I got to meet the band for the first time and in addition there was the joke about me saying shit. I don't think it can get more awesome than that haha...

Thanks. I really want the one on Ignition cover. It's going to be hard to find if there is more than one type. =S

Krojd
05-27-2012, 04:13 PM
If you take a look at the Ignition cover:

The Offspring - that's the same font (slightly modified) they used since the movie (http://serialkillercalendar.com/VHSWASTELAND/HIGH-RES-VHS-COVERS/THE-OFFSPRING.jpg) came out... I am still looking but it's hard, maybe that font was made specialy for the film.

Ignition - As I said before, thats 100% Amalthea (SH - SB) font.

Oxygene
05-28-2012, 01:11 AM
I know what you mean because I can't pick one as the best. However, the LB show was special because I got to meet the band for the first time and in addition there was the joke about me saying shit. I don't think it can get more awesome than that haha...

It can, and it will for you, and then you'll have a fuckload of dates tattooed :D