PDA

View Full Version : Had a dream about a new song

Microwave Jellyfish
05-29-2012, 02:27 AM
I had one of the most f'ckin awesome dreams of my life a few hours ago and I goddamn have to share the ending of it with you guys. Comments about why don't I write it into my blog/twitter/tumblr etc. instead of wasting space here are totally welcome, I have the same mentality (and probably will blog about it), but for now you have to live with it.

Anyway, I won't go into details about the full story, which was of course an inconsistense mess, including scenes in which I'm watching the movie Prometheus, waiting for a bus, hitching a ride with a serial killer, and taking him to no, not the police but right to the courthouse which was also a hotel somehow. When the full thing went down there, I've met a snowboarder goth chick (she was basically the hybrid of different crushes I had IRL) and made out with her when some music started playing.

Wasn't sure if it's from the radio or just the soundtrack of my life, imagination etc., but I recognized it as "the new Offspring song". And no, it wasn't CC, but the whoaaa part of the chorus from Forever And a Day, sang by a female voice. It sounded awesome, and it would totally rock if the guys and gals behind the RAFAG cover project did a version of it.

Unfortunately but typically that was the scene where I woke up. My bed sheet was still dry, luckily. Up until this point Forever And a Day was one of my least favorite Ignition songs, but now I'm totally in love with it. All hail my pathetic imagination and hibernating sex-life.

Yeah, I know. It is a cool story, bro.

Degstur Lolland
05-29-2012, 04:12 AM
Sweet dreams are made of fears...are you scared of the new album? :d

TheJakes84
05-29-2012, 08:09 PM
Sweet dreams or a beautiful nightmare. Sweet dreams are made of these, who am I to disagree.

Seriously, though I like your dream I hope it does come true. Who knows it might just become reality.

GamerKT
05-29-2012, 09:04 PM
My dream was better. I dreamt that I heard O.C. Guns. Just like all the info we have now points to, it had some Spanish, mariachi stuff, a slow tempo. Also, it was awesome.

I need the album soon...

TheJakes84
05-29-2012, 10:19 PM
^ Are you serious? I was hoping for an oldie vibe song on the track list but whatevers. A spanish song the vibe is always a neat treat. :)

GamerKT
05-29-2012, 10:31 PM
^ Are you serious? I was hoping for an oldie vibe song on the track list but whatevers. A spanish song the vibe is always a neat treat. :)

You getting frustrated at me over a dream? Hah. If I'm right about how it sounds, you can hate me forever. It had an Amazed/Gotta Get Away vibe, but a bit slower. It was mellow as hell. I kinda want that.

weezly
05-30-2012, 01:26 AM
that dream sounds like something noodles would post on twitter lol

randman21
05-30-2012, 03:15 AM
Heh. Just woke up from a dream about "Secrets from the Underground". I haven't really kept up with what the song supposedly sounds like in real life, but it was awesome.It had a very modern sound, and the lyrics were serious, but dripping with playful sarcasm. Kind of like "Come Out and Play".

Llamas
05-30-2012, 05:36 AM
This thread is cute :) All y'guys having dreams about Offspring songs :D I dig it!

Up until this point Forever And a Day was one of my least favorite Ignition songs, but now I'm totally in love with it.

Whoa, Forever and a Day was at the BOTTOM end of your Ignition songs??! Holy crap! That and Nothing From Something are definitely my favorites! Well, I'm glad your weird-ass dream could open your eyes to the awesomeness that is Forever and a Day!

it would totally rock if the guys and gals behind the RAFAG cover project did a version of it.
I bet if you posted about this in Your Band and gave more information about it, they/we (I dunno how involved I could be) would give it a whirl :)

TheJakes84
05-30-2012, 03:50 PM
You getting frustrated at me over a dream? Hah. If I'm right about how it sounds, you can hate me forever. It had an Amazed/Gotta Get Away vibe, but a bit slower. It was mellow as hell. I kinda want that.

Are ya kiddin' me! :) Sure, anything is positively possible if only you believe in enhancing it's proper beauty of embracing it to the fullest.

Microwave Jellyfish
06-02-2012, 05:11 AM
I bet if you posted about this in Your Band and gave more information about it, they/we (I dunno how involved I could be) would give it a whirl :)
Nah, no need for that. If you guys want to do it one day, then it's great, but I don't want to cause any songs or covers to be made out of pressure. I'm still pretty happy with the sound I got in my head :)

TheJakes84
06-05-2012, 12:34 AM
How come I don't have any dreams about the new stuff? If I ever do, I will share my experience with ya'll folks.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
06-05-2012, 03:38 PM
My dream about the music video was far from accurate.