PDA

View Full Version : All I Have Left Is You

TheJakes84
06-01-2012, 06:21 AM
I got's to know what's behind it all? It's about being in a relationship or reconcile/differences between the lovers. Sorta like: Denial, Revisited. *curious*

Dexter_italy
06-01-2012, 06:37 AM
still 20 days left to know it :)

Jojan
06-01-2012, 08:44 AM
Unless a drunk Nizzy accidentally uploads the album online for us to fetch. :-)

Dexter_italy
06-01-2012, 08:55 AM
Well belgium has a lot of good beers...go Nizzy! show us what you can do :D

Jojan
06-01-2012, 09:30 AM
And no crotch shots. Unless it is Greg's crotch.

offspringiztheshit
06-01-2012, 11:01 AM
I got's to know what's behind it all? It's about being in a relationship or reconcile/differences between the lovers. Sorta like: Denial, Revisited. *curious*

Wait how do you know what it is about? Have you heard it somewhere? Or are you just guessing based on the title?

Little_Miss_1565
06-01-2012, 11:05 AM
Wait how do you know what it is about? Have you heard it somewhere? Or are you just guessing based on the title?

She's guessing.

TheJakes84
06-01-2012, 08:10 PM
You guys are hilarious as fuck! :D Yep, I was just guessing and not even, I haven't heard it.

Gregmau5
06-01-2012, 08:26 PM
This song is about Dexter's relationship with Greg K.

Titus
06-01-2012, 09:07 PM
Lets hope for a drunk nizzy...
I think it will remember denial revisited in the verse but with a really heavy chorus. Slow verse, heavy chorus, slow verse heavy chorus, slow guittar, slow bridge even heavier chorus

Dirty Magic
06-01-2012, 09:17 PM
What if it's the song that starts at 0:45 in this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucmXdqcFKIs&feature=relmfu

What if this so called "Pass Me By" song that this supposedly is, actually is All I Have Left Is You? Or was there ever a definite answer for what that clip is from? I can't remember.

TheJakes84
06-01-2012, 09:31 PM
I don't know, nor not so sure anymore, like what if it has like a Fix You vibe in a slower tone of voice or kinda like Gone Away on piano or Kristy on acoustic. Something mellow yet unpredictable at the same time fast speed and a solo and other stuff.

Degstur Lolland
06-02-2012, 03:13 AM
What if it's the song that starts at 0:45 in this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucmXdqcFKIs&feature=relmfu

What if this so called "Pass Me By" song that this supposedly is, actually is All I Have Left Is You? Or was there ever a definite answer for what that clip is from? I can't remember.
That's what I guessed some time ago, but we have to wait. We don't know.

(yeah, we are very confident that the clip is Pass me by from Splinter sessions)

Currently, I'm guessing it's death song, a ballad. Noodles said there was a ballad on the record. There are still other options...

TheNooseIsFalling
06-02-2012, 03:30 AM
I hope it'll turn out to be nothing like Fix You. I have no problem with slow songs, but Fix You is the only song by the band that I cannot stand. If it were more like Gone Away, with a darker vibe, now that would make me a happy panda

Degstur Lolland
06-02-2012, 03:33 AM
This is what I have, question marks are not facts for sure, but some things still could be wrong...

1. The Future Is Now, political song. Orwell's 1984 book reference. Current economical crisis. Dexter says what about dangers of technology.
2. Secrets From The Underground, fast and aggressive. Punk, fast, cool guitar riffs. The anti-authoritarian old school fire.
3. Days Go By, a message of hope. Shitty years. Economical crisis. Relationships? Retrospective song. Straightforward rock. Foo Fighters influence.
4. Turning Into You, punk, fast, cool guitar riffs. The anti-authoritarian old school fire.
5. Hurting As One, anti-religion song. It's like Something To Believe In. Not one, gonna go away lyrics. Drove, promise lyrics.
6. Cruising California (Bumpin' In My Trunk), have a good time song. OC, summer, beach, poking fun at trashy whores (flirting) and current music, drinking, silly, fun, rap, techno, industrial, autotune. Paid/free samples?--pipe melody--classical/electronica. Achoo, caboose lyrics.
7. All I Have Left Is You, death song. Ballad.
8. OC Guns, anti-police. Orange County, innocent people killed by police. Tiki Tiki. Spanish tinged--lyrics, Mexican trumpets and maybe vibraslap. Slow Ska-reggae with Mariachi breakdown.
9. Dirty Magic, big and awesome version. They added a little guitar here and there...and played and sung it better.
10. I Wanna Secret Family (With You), my girlfriend is a bitch song. A humorous story of starting an alternate family with a stripper. Ronnie King?
11. Dividing By Zero, x/0 converges to infinity. Fast and aggressive. Funky style with Middle Eastern phrase solo. Speed punk death march of dual salvo, unique, unpredictable, and undeniably THE OFFSPRING.
12. Slim Pickens, Kubrick's movie reference. Anti-war song? He did war movies. Nihilistic. Speed punk death march of dual salvo, unique, unpredictable, and undeniably THE OFFSPRING.
--
a song that would be good in a super hero movie 2? 4?
Noodles' surprise 9 6?
Fire raining in on you lyrics 4? 7? 10?
Noodles' Lightning Rod, only better 2? 4? 5? 11?
JLTW/DUI solo 2? 4? 5? 8? 12?
--
13. It's All Good, Guns of Brixton and Gone Away piano version, bonus Japanese songs?
14. Punkspring Japanese DVD?

NoGuessing
06-02-2012, 03:37 AM
I hope it'll turn out to be nothing like Fix You. I have no problem with slow songs, but Fix You is the only song by the band that I cannot stand. If it were more like Gone Away, with a darker vibe, now that would make me a happy panda

Fix You is awesome.

TheJakes84
06-02-2012, 05:25 AM
Fix You is awesome.

100% agreed. Indeed.

Dexter_italy
06-02-2012, 05:27 AM
I like fix you way more than kristy

TheJakes84
06-02-2012, 05:29 AM
I have a soft-spot for Kristy.

Llamas
06-02-2012, 05:43 AM
I like fix you way more than kristy

Me too. I don't like how much Fix You sounds like Green Day, but it's not such a bad song. I can't stand Kristy, though.

Dexter_italy
06-02-2012, 05:46 AM
Me too. I don't like how much Fix You sounds like Green Day, but it's not such a bad song. I can't stand Kristy, though.

Yeah I like Kristy too, but I enjoy more fix you :) I like the melody and the how it's built

Degstur Lolland
06-02-2012, 06:54 AM
I updated my post, there're lots of info in amazon article.

Now it's like 99% that it's a ballad song with a death theme.

TeddyBear_Army
06-02-2012, 11:05 AM
I love Fix You, Kristy, Denial, Dirty Magic... I'm a sucker for slow offspring songs.

Camilamazed
06-02-2012, 11:18 AM
The theme of this song has totally something to do with a subject not allowed here. I've been getting this vibe for quite sometime now. Pretty much like Fix you; boy, do I hate Dexter's voice in the song during two of the verses. If it weren't for that I would love the song.

RonWelty
06-02-2012, 11:27 AM
The theme of this song has totally something to do with a subject not allowed here. I've been getting this vibe for quite sometime now.
I think I know too....

Camilamazed
06-02-2012, 11:40 AM
I think I know too....

Of course you do. ;)

TeddyBear_Army
06-02-2012, 01:02 PM
Of course you do. ;)

Don't we all?;)

Little_Miss_1565
06-02-2012, 02:18 PM
Considering what you're discussing is really just recycling the same old rumor that's never been confirmed by anyone in or associated with the band, I'd say saying you "know" would be a gross overstatement.

RobinoZombie
06-02-2012, 02:19 PM
I Agree, lots of speculation, lots and lots and lots

Degstur Lolland
06-02-2012, 03:36 PM
The End of the Line is about Davey Havok faking death.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
06-02-2012, 04:48 PM
Don't we all?;)
No, but I have an idea.

TeddyBear_Army
06-02-2012, 05:22 PM
The End of the Line is about Davey Havok faking death.

and Cruising California is about Saddam's trial.

Degstur Lolland
06-03-2012, 04:56 AM
and Cruising California is about Saddam's trial.
Yeah, he was bumpin' on the trunk.

Eskimo
06-03-2012, 05:19 AM
Backing vocals make Homer go something-something.

TheJakes84
06-03-2012, 10:00 AM
The theme of this song has totally something to do with a subject not allowed here. I've been getting this vibe for quite sometime now. Pretty much like Fix you; boy, do I hate Dexter's voice in the song during two of the verses. If it weren't for that I would love the song.

Were ya reffering to Gone Away?

Considering what you're discussing is really just recycling the same old rumor that's never been confirmed by anyone in or associated with the band, I'd say saying you "know" would be a gross overstatement.

Miss, I can give ya the link to the source.

Little_Miss_1565
06-03-2012, 10:30 AM
Miss, I can give ya the link to the source.

I'd normally just delete this stuff, but I feel like doing that is only feeding the flames of this fire, so just this once, fuck it. iPunk, PMing me a link to a YouTube interview with Lex Land about her new album proves nothing about this, so I'm really confused. And what about the blog post she deleted that said the rumors were ridiculous and that her mother is very much alive? Come on, people.

Dexter_italy
06-03-2012, 10:55 AM
I remember this. Dexter wrote gone away after Greg's cat dying, they all loved that little ball of fur. the way it used to sleep over the amps, his little face so sweet. but then a day, they found it's body down the road wasted by a car.... the strange thing is that a week after noodles came and said "hey guys! I got a new song, it's called D.U.I. !!"

true story! I may post this on wiky and way for some shitty magazine to post it :D

Little_Miss_1565
06-03-2012, 11:02 AM
true story! I may post this on wiky and way for some shitty magazine to post it :D

Hey guys I read on wikipedia that DUI is about Greg's dead cat, is it true?

Dexter_italy
06-03-2012, 11:09 AM
Hey guys I read on wikipedia that DUI is about Greg's dead cat, is it true?

no, it's about noodles killing a cat XD and his way to externate his guiltiness!

TheJakes84
06-03-2012, 11:31 AM
I'd normally just delete this stuff, but I feel like doing that is only feeding the flames of this fire, so just this once, fuck it. iPunk, PMing me a link to a YouTube interview with Lex Land about her new album proves nothing about this, so I'm really confused. And what about the blog post she deleted that said the rumors were ridiculous and that her mother is very much alive? Come on, people.

Fair enough. I didn't know about the blog thingy though. Yikes. Free iPunk aka the troll. ~>:o<~

Camilamazed
06-03-2012, 11:40 AM
Don't we all?;)

Pretty much hahaha

"Know" here refers to what I am talking about because Ron and I have talked about this before not to what the song is actually about.

I Agree, lots of speculation, lots and lots and lots

THIS, Sarah. This.

Were ya reffering to Gone Away?

No. Gone Away and End of the line are pretty much songs that express everybody's feelings when a beloved person dies. I stopped a while ago believing it's about a particular person.

RonWelty
06-03-2012, 11:48 AM

actually, just so you know, I predict (yes it's prediction) that this song is about something that happened in the last year or so to Dexter, like it all can go to hell but in the end he(or the subject of the song) still has that person.

TheJakes84
06-03-2012, 12:17 PM
No. Gone Away and End of the line are pretty much songs that express everybody's feelings when a beloved person dies. I stopped a while ago believing it's about a particular person

Oh, now I feel like an idiot. From now on, I wil mind my own business. Forgive me, Camilamazed.

Camilamazed
06-03-2012, 12:25 PM
Oh, now I feel like an idiot. From now on, I wil mind my own business. Forgive me, Camilamazed.

No no no... I didn't mean to be rude. I'm so sorry. :(

TheJakes84
06-03-2012, 12:45 PM
No no no... I didn't mean to be rude. I'm so sorry. :(

Once again, thanks for clearing things up for me. :)

Little_Miss_1565
06-03-2012, 12:48 PM
THIS, Sarah. This.

actually, just so you know, I predict (yes it's prediction) that this song is about something that happened in the last year or so to Dexter, like it all can go to hell but in the end he(or the subject of the song) still has that person.

RW's post quoted here is a great way to indicate that you are speculating. I'd advise everyone who wants to speculate about things to clearly indicate that it's speculation or prediction, and not say it with sentences like "I know."

RonWelty
06-03-2012, 12:53 PM
RW's post quoted here is a great way to indicate that you are speculating. I'd advise everyone who wants to speculate about things to clearly indicate that it's speculation or prediction, and not say it with sentences like "I know."

What I've said was " i Think i know" - not " i know". I try to be cool but you make that hard to me, LM.

Krojd
06-03-2012, 01:43 PM
Little_Miss and RonWelty - Neverending story, ohooohohooh.

TheJakes84
06-03-2012, 01:52 PM
How about a Pay The Man vibe on All I Have Left Is You. Lemme know whatcha ya'll think. :cool:

dff_punk
06-03-2012, 02:35 PM
When I first saw the title, I had a Kristy-vibe from it. Also some Backstreet Boys(All I Have To Give, anyone?). And since Dexter made the song in a hotel room in a quick amount of time it could be just a simplistic ballad.

...maybe I'm wrong and the song sounds like early TSOL.

Llamas
06-03-2012, 02:44 PM
When I first saw the title, I had a Kristy-vibe from it. Also some Backstreet Boys(All I Have To Give, anyone?). And since Dexter made the song in a hotel room in a quick amount of time it could be just a simplistic ballad.

I'm getting the exact same vibe. I don't really expect to like this song. But perhaps I will be surprised.

TheNooseIsFalling
06-03-2012, 02:53 PM
How about a Pay The Man vibe on All I Have Left Is You. Lemme know whatcha ya'll think. :cool:

that would be REALLY cool. I was hoping that some of the ethnic elements (like, the COAP riff or Pay the Man) would return, and it looks like OC Guns will be one of those songs, but it would be cool if they had a song with a middle eastern vibe again

TheJakes84
06-03-2012, 03:28 PM
that would be REALLY cool. I was hoping that some of the ethnic elements (like, the COAP riff or Pay the Man) would return, and it looks like OC Guns will be one of those songs, but it would be cool if they had a song with a middle eastern vibe again

Most definetly a yes.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
06-03-2012, 05:42 PM
I hope it isn't too slow of a tempo, and powerful and dark and stuff. Or maybe it's really up beat and referring to something other than a human. Maybe all he has left is his gold fish or something. Baseless predictions annoy the heck outta me, so I'm going to stop now.

Little_Miss_1565
06-03-2012, 07:05 PM
What I've said was " i Think i know" - not " i know". I try to be cool but you make that hard to me, LM.

You know what the rules are, and you know what I do if something doesn't seem to be in keeping with them. That's it. It's not personal, but you make it personal every time.

Degstur Lolland
06-04-2012, 04:00 AM
There is something middle eastern in Dividing By Zero.

"and "Dividing By Zero" is funky style, in this song, Dexter plays Middle Eastern phrase solo."

Not sure what that is, Middle Eastern vocals? :confused: Maybe he sings fast like in SIMU with some middle eastern background.

Llamas
06-04-2012, 04:16 AM
Not sure what that is, Middle Eastern vocals? :confused:

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad sings the chorus. That's my prediction ;)

Little_Miss_1565
06-04-2012, 08:17 AM
"and "Dividing By Zero" is funky style, in this song, Dexter plays Middle Eastern phrase solo."

Not sure what that is, Middle Eastern vocals? :confused: Maybe he sings fast like in SIMU with some middle eastern background.

Nah, dude. You know "Come Out And Play"? It means that sort of Middle Eastern scale for the guitar solo.

Fuck. Yes.

Degstur Lolland
06-04-2012, 04:55 PM
The word phrase totally kills me.

ThunderPX
06-04-2012, 05:37 PM
The word phrase totally kills me.

This phrase totally kills me

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
06-04-2012, 06:40 PM
I quoted this because I felt like recognizing how funny it was, but then I realized that Thunder had something funnier to say:

This phrase totally kills me
This made me "LOL"

TheJakes84
06-05-2012, 11:02 AM
I'll be waiting, patiently.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
06-05-2012, 09:33 PM
They rarely comment on All I Have Left Is You. I expect it to be less punk than the others, but still dark and powerful. One can only hope though.

TheJakes84
06-06-2012, 12:18 AM
They rarely comment on All I Have Left Is You. I expect it to be less punk than the others, but still dark and powerful. One can only hope though.

Same here, have faith.

the hitcher
06-06-2012, 12:39 AM
if cc is on right after this song seems like it's gonna be preety dark
and/or disturbing. like ixnay went, with gone away then i choose.

Eskimo
06-06-2012, 04:05 AM
Seems pretty weird to predict patterns. Aside from a title, we really know dick.

It's probably a Jamaican polka funk-rock deathmetal track.

jsmak84
06-06-2012, 04:31 AM
I think this song is about sex

Eskimo
06-06-2012, 04:36 AM
:confused:

It could just as easily be about retarded albino puppies, dude. How the hell can you even form an opinion by a title? And even get that angle from that title?

jsmak84
06-06-2012, 04:46 AM
sex always has to do

Booooka

dff_punk
06-06-2012, 06:55 AM
Well, if you think about it, it could be about masturbating with your left hand.

Llamas
06-06-2012, 07:29 AM
Well, if you think about it, it could be about masturbating with your left hand.

I was totally thinking this song is either about masturbation or Jesus. Or both.

TheJakes84
06-06-2012, 09:13 PM
I think this song is about sex

Basically, not every song is about that just the ones with obvious titles like Me and My Old Lady, Session, & Dirty Magic.

sex always has to do

Booooka

Got Swag? Sexducated!

the hitcher
06-06-2012, 09:46 PM
humm masterbation. supose its like when noodles at one time said
meaning of life was about beer.:D

TheJakes84
06-06-2012, 09:49 PM
Want You Bad is Sex

brothadave79
06-06-2012, 09:53 PM
http://offspring.com/forums/search.php?searchid=6618235

TheJakes84
06-19-2012, 11:03 PM
all i have left is you 5:19, is the second longest song ever, well except pay the man.

cool 2 hate 681
08-09-2012, 01:58 AM
first few times i heard it i didn't like it but i just put it on and realized it is a pretty good song

the only 2 songs i don't like on it now are oc guns and cruising california

Tiny Vessels
08-09-2012, 03:02 AM
All I Have Left Is You is such a great song. Everytime I listen to it I make up a 2 music video to it in my head. The 1) is about a couple that is going through a hard time and they're trying to work out and everything.

The 2nd is a person going through a hard a time and feels like everything is out of control and they feel like they're breaking and an another person (friend or significant other) is there helping the person out ressuring them that everything is going to be ok and they are there for them no matter what.

KTILLA23
08-09-2012, 11:31 AM
Oh yes this is an awesome song, i think it's one of the best slow songs they have done. Well i think Gone Away is there best slow song.