PDA

View Full Version : If you could pick the third song that the Offspring releases...

tylercosgrove1989
06-03-2012, 08:55 PM
...Based on the titles alone, which one would you pick?

Little_Miss_1565
06-03-2012, 09:11 PM
"Secrets From Underground." Or "I Want A Secret Family With You."

cool 2 hate 681
06-03-2012, 09:31 PM
slim pickins does the right thing and rides the bomb to hell

i heard a little bit of it and it sounded very good:D

GamerKT
06-03-2012, 09:41 PM
slim pickins does the right thing and rides the bomb to hell

i heard a little bit of it and it sounded very good:D

Where, how, and when?

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
06-03-2012, 09:44 PM
Where, how, and when?
I have the feeling that he was making a joke I don't understand.

cool 2 hate 681
06-03-2012, 09:57 PM
at the oc rehearsal when i showed up they were playing a new song i could hear it in the parking lot someone asked dexter which one it was and he said slim pickins

Little_Miss_1565
06-03-2012, 09:59 PM
at the oc rehearsal when i showed up they were playing a new song i could hear it in the parking lot someone asked dexter which one it was and he said slim pickins

And it was dope.

Thomas
06-03-2012, 10:30 PM
I'd say Dirty Magic. I want more people to know about that one.

Degstur Lolland
06-03-2012, 11:27 PM
You already mentioned it somewhere and you said that there was some Spanish. Looks like we have 2 Spanish tracks with OC Guns. DBZ has some middle eastern stuff, so seems quite exotic. :d Could it be single with such a long title?

Already slim picking singles from titles? :D I'm an expert on it:
- DGB
- CC
- DM
- IWSF WY
- TFIN
- AIHLIY
- OC Guns

Lots of options and if any aggressive track is as good as All I Want...

Outerspaceman21
06-03-2012, 11:29 PM
Either Dirty Magic (I mean, if your gonna go out of your way to record it, might as well make it a single) or, based on title alone, Dividing by Zero.

dff_punk
06-04-2012, 01:45 AM
OC Guns. Not only based on the title, but also because of all the exposure it had throughout the whole recordmaking process.

TheNooseIsFalling
06-04-2012, 02:06 AM
Dirty Magic, TFIN and Hurting as One are the ones I'd like to hear most right now, but if we're talking about singles, then Turning Into You and IWSF(WY), and yea, Dirty Magic sound like they could be something that people would love

randman21
06-04-2012, 02:48 AM

Good call. Hadn't really thought of that one, but if not Dirty Magic, The Future is Now would be a great single.

TheNooseIsFalling
06-04-2012, 03:32 AM
Coming to think of it, after CC, it may be a good idea to release a song that has a more rock oriented target audience, and TFIN would be perfect for that

samseby
06-04-2012, 04:44 AM

Yeah, me too :) really looking forward to hearing it.

findout5
06-04-2012, 06:20 AM
I would pick...listening to the album! Since no one heard it, no one really knows what are the best songs, right?

Llamas
06-04-2012, 06:34 AM
22 days til the US release (is it earlier in some other countries?) I'm guessing it'll leak in a bit over a week (though I know we're not allowed to share whether or not it's leaked or anything), and only 3 weeks left until actual release! Pretty much exactly 4 years since RFRG ;) Hey, at least this time it's a few months sooner than RFRG came!

Based on what we know, I'd say Dirty Magic or The Future is Now. Something with the true Offspring style and sound. It wouldn't do well on the charts, but that's okay with me. I just think that after two singles that aren't so very Offspring to me, it'd be cool if they released something darker and heavier, like their early singles which so many people know them for :)

tylercosgrove1989
06-04-2012, 06:34 AM
I would pick...listening to the album! Since no one heard it, no one really knows what are the best songs, right?

correct, that's why I said "based on titles alone." We all want to hear the new album but they might just release one more song before the album drops and I was asking which one people would want to hear based on the title of the song.

Camilamazed
06-04-2012, 06:56 AM
Slim Pickens. I'm dying to listen to that one!

tylercosgrove1989
06-04-2012, 10:39 AM
I'm kind of torn, but I think I would pick I Wanna Secret Family (With You) because it sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun!

Ristifer
06-04-2012, 11:04 AM
Slim Pickens. I'm ready to hear another kickass closing track on an Offspring album. Rise and Fall wasn't the greatest and When You're in Prison didn't do it for me (for obvious reasons). Conspiracy of One, or Huck It depending on what version you have, are both awesome songs.

I'm quite excited about the whole thing. I'm curious about Dirty Magic and how it turned out. I'm curious about the other punk rockers on the album. I'm dying to find out about TFIN and how the studio version sounds. But I'll still pick Slim Pickens.

nightvision
06-04-2012, 12:25 PM

Well said sir, I fully agree.

_Way_Down_the_Line_
06-04-2012, 01:29 PM
Secrets from the Underground or Dividing by Zero, those two noodles said were the most agressive ones and cool to play live ! also with Slim Pickens

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
06-04-2012, 05:05 PM
I hope Slim Pickens Does The Right Thing And Rides The Bomb To Hell is as long as its title. I hope it's a fast punk rock song that just keeps going and going.

Slim Pickens. I'm ready to hear another kickass closing track on an Offspring album. Rise and Fall wasn't the greatest and When You're in Prison didn't do it for me (for obvious reasons). Conspiracy of One, or Huck It depending on what version you have, are both awesome songs.

You made me think about closing tracks. It seems like their older stuff had really solid stuff at the end but in recent years they just keep it in the middle and start. Forever And A Day (Mission From God is the last track from Ignition on my iPod), Smash, Change The World, and Pay The Man are all some of my favorite songs.

the hitcher
06-04-2012, 05:09 PM
i think it would have to be the future is now or secrets from the underground

Llamas
06-04-2012, 05:10 PM
You made me think about closing tracks. It seems like their older stuff had really solid stuff at the end but in recent years they just keep it in the middle and start. Forever And A Day (Mission From God is the last track from Ignition on my iPod), Smash, Change The World, and Pay The Man are all some of my favorite songs.

I made a thread about the last songs on each album not too long ago; in my opinion, Splinter and RFRG are the only albums that don't have strong closers. I think Americana/Pay the Man is probably the best closing... but I also love Vultures/CO1(/Huck It), Amazed/Change the World, Nothing from Something/Forever and a Day, and I'll Be Waiting/Kill the President.

OC Life is a better closer than Rise and Fall, though.

Ristifer
06-04-2012, 05:14 PM
I made a thread about the last songs on each album not too long ago; in my opinion, Splinter and RFRG are the only albums that don't have strong closers. I think Americana/Pay the Man is probably the best closing... but I also love Vultures/CO1(/Huck It), Amazed/Change the World, Nothing from Something/Forever and a Day, and I'll Be Waiting/Kill the President.

I think every album except the last two have had phenomenal closing one-two punches (I consider Vultures to be a pretty great lead up to the final song).

Considering the band and the Amazon bio has said that Dividing By Zero and Slim Pickens are a good one-two punch to end it, I'm fairly excited about the prospect of having that back on a current Offspring album!

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
06-04-2012, 05:43 PM

Oh yes! I knew that this discussion seemed familiar. I'm sure I mentioned this in that thread, but Amazed/Change The World is my favorite.

TheJakes84
06-04-2012, 06:47 PM
-Dirty Magic
-The Future is Now
-All I have Left is You
-I want a Secret Family (with You)
-Slim Pickens Does The Right Thing And Rides The Bomb To Hell

the hitcher
06-04-2012, 06:54 PM
dirty magic is very intriguing to here whats diffrent.