View Full Version : Questions With Dexter and Noodles

BagOfShenanigans
06-04-2012, 01:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99xhCty3fM0&feature=g-u-u

Discuss?

ad8
06-04-2012, 01:57 PM
Awesome stuff!

edit: the "fuck you! - yeah, in your face!" part was hilarious... nice to hear them philosophize about "being punk" as well

TheNooseIsFalling
06-04-2012, 01:59 PM
I love these things where Dexter and Noodles just talk about stuff, like the Greatest Hits dualdisc
Dividing by Zero and Slim Pickens live? FUCK YEA I really hope that this time they'll finally let go some of the Americana stuff and we'll get to hear a lot more new stuff
Also, hopefully there'll be more episodes before the album's release

Marco
06-04-2012, 02:00 PM
Interesting!!!

Dexter_italy
06-04-2012, 02:06 PM
this was pretty cool!!

ilovepunkrock
06-04-2012, 02:10 PM
"future is now, which is one of our aggressive songs".........

Scythe Death
06-04-2012, 02:19 PM
"future is now, which is one of our aggressive songs".........

There is no hope.

_Way_Down_the_Line_
06-04-2012, 02:19 PM
Me too I have no more brain cells, dunno if I still have some

ohh yeeah and fuck you, in your face!

haha that was funny

_Lost_
06-04-2012, 02:35 PM
I kind of like when bands start to switch to mostly stuff from their most recent albums. I know a lot of people like to shout about how they should play more old stuff, but i think it would be great if half a dozen songs were brand new and then you get less and less per album as they get older. Last tour they were only playing two new songs per show, not wanting to disappoint older fans or something, but it gets old hearing the same songs year after year. Of course, they'd still include the show staples like TKAA and COAP, but they played the track list of "Offspring Greatest Hits" at all three shows that I've been to.

Maybe they will play all of these new songs that they are talking about as good live numbers.

Mr.Nobody
06-04-2012, 02:44 PM
Jajajajajaja :D I loved the last part: and fuck you! In your Face! So funny guys!
They have a very clear idea about who they are and what they feel about their music, and that is the most important thing.

Outerspaceman21
06-04-2012, 03:03 PM
Love that so much. Loved the punk discussion at the end, so awesome.

DMelges
06-04-2012, 03:56 PM
I would watch one of these every single day of my life.

Isti
06-04-2012, 03:56 PM
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l499/istvanhorvath87/fuckyou.jpg

and FUCK YOU

in Your Face

Degstur Lolland
06-04-2012, 03:59 PM
The cheesy couch they were sitting on is definitely punk.

Krojd
06-04-2012, 03:59 PM
Noodles mentioned the last two songs of the record as his favourite, we have some Nizzy rockin' badass ending of the record coming our way.

momo91
06-04-2012, 04:06 PM
"we're so punk we're not punk at all"

Guys, It's great to see them so excited and so focused on the new album, and the powerfull shows they're doing are the best proof.

But most of all, I'm proud of being an Offspring fan. Behind musics, albums and shows they are really part of me, and that style and phylosophy is what really makes the difference. And it will make it forever.

Thanks guys, and of course, fuck you in your face!

RonWelty
06-04-2012, 04:13 PM
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l499/istvanhorvath87/fuckyou.jpg

and FUCK YOU

in Your Face

Noodles' face is hilarious.

the hitcher
06-04-2012, 04:31 PM
when was this video posted, today was it?

RobinoZombie
06-04-2012, 04:32 PM
Love it!!!!!

Little_Miss_1565
06-04-2012, 05:23 PM
I want them to address Cruising California directly in an interview. Still can't understand that crap. Its gotta be his daughter singing the bumping in the trunk part.. must of been a father daughter thing.

Regarding the first sentence: they have, multiple times.

Regarding the last two sentences: What the fuck would ever make you say something lie that.

Ristifer
06-04-2012, 05:34 PM
slim pickens, dividing by zero, secrets of the underground, hurting as one are all supposed to be punk/harder songs.. add future is now in there and I think the album will be an improvement.
I want them to address Cruising California directly in an interview. Still can't understand that crap. Its gotta be his daughter singing the bumping in the trunk part.. must of been a father daughter thing.
The fuck are you talking about?

Did you even listen to the interview about how they laugh about people like you?

Little_Miss_1565
06-04-2012, 06:18 PM
woah cool it. Im not trying to attack his family or whatever. I just know his daughter is a good singer. Guess I need to watch more interviews. Sorry I don't like Cruising California.. I don't despise it like before but Id be interested to hear them talk about it in depth for a few minutes. All in all it was a good interview.

That's fine that you don't like the song, but why drag his daughter into it? Your insinuation is fucking creepy.

killboybowerhead
06-04-2012, 06:28 PM
well I reread the stuff and deleted the messages. Didnt mean any harm. Could see how someone who wants to take something the wrong way could succeed. Girlfriend watches the singing show and likes her a lot. Didnt know it was taboo. But really now you dont know me so maybe you could moderate yourself a bit too. Ban me if you like.. some of you need to sack up its a bit touchy feely in this place.
late

_Lost_
06-04-2012, 06:31 PM
Down wit modz!

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
06-04-2012, 06:38 PM
Down wit modz!
I am not supportive of this proposition. They keep the bots from taking over. They are like the human resistance in the Terminator movies. They fight off robots every day despite being out-numbered.

cool 2 hate 681
06-04-2012, 06:44 PM
cool video:cool: love the part at the end about how they are so punk they are not punk at all

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
06-04-2012, 06:49 PM
I love interviews with them. They always make me laugh

Ristifer
06-04-2012, 07:10 PM
well I reread the stuff and deleted the messages. Didnt mean any harm. Could see how someone who wants to take something the wrong way could succeed. Girlfriend watches the singing show and likes her a lot. Didnt know it was taboo. But really now you dont know me so maybe you could moderate yourself a bit too. Ban me if you like.. some of you need to sack up its a bit touchy feely in this place.
late
I don't know what needing to "sack up" has to do with anything. All I was doing was pointing out why it was weird that you said you can't understand CC as an Offspring song. They pretty much answered that in the interview. They don't just make punk music. They just write what they want, which makes them pretty damn awesome in my books.

TheJakes84
06-04-2012, 07:34 PM
Down with Dexter & Noodles.

Little_Miss_1565
06-04-2012, 08:13 PM
late

I'm not sure how saying Dexter's kid must have been singing the girl's lines in a song that's not exactly un-sexual could be taken as anything but creepy, but I will take you at your word that you're not looking for trouble.

You get three warnings and then you might be banned here. It's pretty lenient. If you don't have a PM in your box that says "Warning," you're not going to get banned.

_Lost_
06-04-2012, 08:27 PM
I am not supportive of this proposition. They keep the bots from taking over. They are like the human resistance in the Terminator movies. They fight off robots every day despite being out-numbered.

This is true.

Sarah knows I appreciate her(and completely adore her mad Offspring singin' chords). After 8 years on these boards, I've seen the hell she and the other mods take for the sake of our beloved boards.

TheJakes84
06-04-2012, 08:45 PM
The cheesy couch they were sitting on is definitely punk.

Totally rocks my world.

~|Vredina|~
06-05-2012, 12:52 AM
Cool video! They look so young :)

samseby
06-05-2012, 01:08 AM
And so relaxed and so punk :p

Other than that it still seems to be better / wiser not to discuss "other / certain" things (let alone even mention them) ;)

TheJakes84
06-05-2012, 01:31 AM
Dex & Niz got swag.

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
06-05-2012, 04:38 PM
I don't like the word "swag". I have no desire to obtain "swag", partially because I don't entirely understand it's meaning.

TheJakes84
06-05-2012, 11:54 PM
Noodles fuck you was hilarious so was dexter's in yo face. Gotta adored their sense of humor and ok I shall stop with the swag blah etc :o

weezly
06-06-2012, 03:11 AM
I don't like the word "swag". I have no desire to obtain "swag", partially because I don't entirely understand it's meaning.

best post ever!!!

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
06-06-2012, 04:38 PM
ok I shall stop with the swag blah etc :o
Use it if you want. I just wouldn't use it myself.

best post ever!!!
Thank ya

Alien Invader
06-06-2012, 08:53 PM

Maybe you already have it, you just don't realize how incredibly lucky you are yet :p

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
06-08-2012, 02:20 PM
Maybe you already have it, you just don't realize how incredibly lucky you are yet :p
That's a possibility.